Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,009 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 (44168 Views)

Tedxikenegbu Happening In Owerri On The 4th Of April, 2020 / How To Get Married Legally In Nigeria / David And Chioma: Two Nairalanders Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by franchasng: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:

You are a drunkard! When u no gree go skul, how will I wish a man that increase my salary from 122 to 137 death?
Corpers too from 19800 to 33k.
Where is your sense Mr Man?
Buhari government is meant for hardworking Nigerians and not jobless e_rats
just 137k lol grin
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by MoIbrahim: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2020
It could be a period of constitutional crisis
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by JewelBukky(f): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
No be their pocket the money come from?
If only you know the financial commitments most intending couples for this first half have put in place. The eagerness to finally settle down, license for full ownership and that joy of finally entering the promise land after fulfilling all rites and obligations. No too blame them guyz abeg!
spiceadole:
Suddenly,a lot of men are lamenting the possibility of their weddings being postponed ...

Where are the "women are this & that" gang?
All of a sudden,Nobody has said Women are farm tools .

Why are men now sounding desperate for marriage today?
Na wa o
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by JewelBukky(f): 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
My advice, if you can't postpone till further notice, then keep it simple!
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Starz825(m): 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
angry

Any Nigerian who is not Buhari's child, not his relative, not his direct employee and not a direct beneficiary from Buhari, praying for Buhari not to contract coronavirus is a hypocrite pretending to like Buhari or scared that if he or she wishes him dead, that death may come for him or her, but the actual wish of majority of Nigerians is for Buhari and all Nigerian politicians ruling Nigeria from the federal to the state level to contract the virus and die.

This is the wish of all Nigerians but their fear and religious pretence won't let them say their mind angry
Their death won't make Nigeria Better.... Nigeria problem is from the root....the govt is not actually the problem the people are...for the people are the government....
If all this one's die...there are some pple in the corridor that are ready to take over and start doing the same thing... corruption in Nigeria is a legacy...until we all have a renewing of mind... nobody actually needs to die...
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
udoka55555:
Lol

Na so one of my friend dey vex for me...

His wedding suppose be this Friday for Delta, and I don already promise say I go come.....I Don get everything both gift ready before this cobid 1&9 come.....

Him call me today say make I come tomorrow because the person wey suppose be best man say him ma no go come..I try reason with am say make him postpone the wedding until dem find cure...the guy no gree....

I come tell am hoha say me I no fit risk my life and travel from IMO to Delta for wedding... Say make him send me his account number so I fit send them money wey dem go use buy my own gift......the guy just off him phone....

I no fit risk my life anyhow for one yeye wedding.
You have no right to call it yeye wedding, it means a lot to the couple, you calling it a yeye wedding shows you are evil and wicked in heart...... You should have said it in a better way.....such a wicked friend.......get thee behind me

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2020
Shellsploit:
My friends client paid him150k part payment for there wedding cinematography schedule this Saturday. And the agreement states that any deposit made shall be forfeited once there's a change of date. Me sha don collect 50k use am go flex for Nairaland ashewo thread.

grin grin
u are a thief!!!! As u rejoice eating ppl hard earned money, may they also eat up ur hard earned money and virtues too Amen!!!!!
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Shellsploit: 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
GREATESTPIANIST:
u are a thief!!!! As u rejoice eating ppl hard earned money, may they also eat up ur hard earned money and virtues too Amen!!!!!

Ur left auricle!

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
Shellsploit:

Ur left auricle!
what you sow, you will reap......OLE!!!!!!! THIEF!!!!!!!! 419
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by jiz: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
My wedding is also April 18th in Lagos. And we planned low key engagement and church service. Since maximum residential gathering in Lagos is 50 people. The engagement will be early in the morning with maximum of 50. After receiving parental blessings and from there both families will send 20 delegate to represent @ the church to receive pastoral blessings. But we have to cancel reception. This make things easier for us
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by zoezoelogistics(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2020
dukeprince50:
Best time to get married, people will not come and chop rice

And you will also not get any gift from them.
Na so e be.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by charlsecy(m): 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2020
Evaromantik:
"They were instructed by the Government to suspend all religious activities"...
I thought they could, but let the number of faithfuls not be more than 50.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by alimaa: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
crackkhaus:
If not for the fact that these pastors, reverends, and priests love to see themselves as authorities, what stops your priest from joining you and your intended in the presence of only parents and siblings?

This could be done in the church still, or in an open space.

A large gathering of so-called faithfuls/believers serves no purpose beyond fanfare.
Do you think there is any church that imposes wedding on its members? If you want to marry and approach your church for this particular arrangement you are talking about, they will gladly do it that way.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Matam(f): 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2020
My younger sister' wedding is this weekend, we plan to have it low key. Pressure is on us to shift the date but no way
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by sirkonline(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
Shellsploit:
My friends client paid him150k part payment for there wedding cinematography schedule this Saturday. And the agreement states that any deposit made shall be forfeited once there's a change of date. Me sha don collect 50k use am go flex for Nairaland ashewo thread.
Nairaland has ashewo thread, wheres the link? asking for somebody ni oooo

grin grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Onlyonebuhari: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
just 137k lol grin

We thank God for that
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by franchasng: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
Onlyonebuhari:

We thank God for that
Yeah, that's true. But that doesn't make him a competent President bro, he is a colossal failure as a leader. Inconsiderate, tribalistic, bias, unforgiven, opinionated and corrupt!

Corruption is not only stealing money openly. Not scolding people you like when they loot or steal is corruption. Appointing cabinets based on tribe and religion instead of on merit is the biggest form of corruption.

Not listening to the cries of your citizens, especially the poor and helpless when they cry is a bigger corruption.

Buhari remained silent while Middle-belt people were being massacred, so why would people wish such a wicked leader well, tell me, or you think because he increased the salary of few government workers by 8000naira makes him a good leader, is it his money

How many Nigerians are employed to start with How many Nigerians are working for the government to benefit from the so called salary increase that made you feel he deserve to be called a competent president for increasing your salary by 8000naira Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by valarinz: 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Izz9111:
Put the wedding off period. It will only take one infected person to attend and you will for ever regret doing the wedding. You can also wed next yr or the order.
All the people making different suggestion how to take few ppl or only you and priest are just aiding this COVID-19 to spread.
Virus can not move but people move. Stay in your homes within 14 days, it will all be over.

Sir, are you sure about this?
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Onlyonebuhari: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
franchasng:
Yeah, that's true. But that doesn't make him a competent President bro, he is a colossal failure as a leader. Inconsiderate, tribalistic, bias, unforgiven, opinionated and corrupt!

Corruption is not only stealing money openly. Not scolding people you like when they loot or steal is corruption. Appointing cabinets based on tribe and religion instead of on merit is the biggest form of corruption.

Not listening to the cries of your citizens, especially the poor and helpless when they cry is a bigger corruption.

Buhari remained silent while Middle-belt people were being massacred, so why would people wish such a wicked leader well, tell me, or you think because he increased the salary of few government workers by 8000naira makes him a good leader, is it his money

How many Nigerians are employed to start with How many Nigerians are working for the government to benefit from the so called salary increase that made you feel he deserve to be called a competent president for increasing your salary by 8000naira Hmmm
Had u been to school, u would have known that the difference bet 122 and 137 isn't 8 so also the difference between 19800 and 33 isn't 8k. It affected everybody based on their levels except jobless fellows.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Macdav(m): 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
You can postpone your wedding okay? You can only your marriage when you're health fit

Safety first
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by digitite: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2020
Hahahaha. No Comment cool
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
Facidio:
Bros it's not easy o, mine is this weekend, everything including printing of programs and banners are ready. I have been consulting. We are suspending the wedding, but Wil do the traditional tomorrow on low key. It's really a very difficult decision to make. My wife to be has been mody since yesterday but I just have to man up and save our lives and the lives of our loved ones

Why' is she moody? Women have been the problem of the world since the days of their mother Eve.. She wants to go on with the big ceremony in the midst of this dangerous pandemic..Chai why is it that the brain of the average Nigerian girl stops working when they here marriage

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by scicey(f): 1:53am On Mar 27, 2020
luluman:
Must they have an elaborate wedding? Why not just wed in the parlor.

How does one plan a parlor wedding? I hear about it and thats what I plan to do, cos the cost of weddings are ridiculous
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by luluman: 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
scicey:

How does one plan a parlor wedding? I hear about it and thats what I plan to do, cos the cost of weddings are ridiculous
Just gather your witnesses 1or2 from both family, the clergy and walah!!! You are married.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Horus(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2020

Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by chibexme(m): 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
At this period of social distancing because of Corona virus pandemic, use Ozioma SMS to maintain connection with your customers/members that are *OFFLINE* while you work from home.

Fund your Ozioma account or create new one on https://app.ozioma.net

Send messages from your website or app to your audience with our robust API
https://ozioma.net/api/docs

For enquires you can reach us on 08093159330 or 07026788205

Abide to government and NCDC/WHO guidelines.

Stay safe offline and online(don't fall for hackers and scammers).

Kindly share to your contacts.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by princejones(m): 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
my prayers are with you bro
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by StyleAfos(m): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by benjamin1379: 5:34am On May 22, 2020
Heffalump:
Postpone wedding ceremony till further notice! That will be the wisest decision by anyone shocked

I know some intending couples can't wait to start "knacking", but consider the imminent health implications at this time. You have maintained abstinence for long, so nothing is new. The joy and beauty of wedding is in guest turnout too myprepaidcenter balance tongue
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Adeola97(f): 12:11pm On May 24, 2020
Dear nairaland couple's to be ,contact us today for your alaga iduro and ijoko for your yoruba introduction and engagement ceremony. We are a team of young and vibrant alagas,we add spice and add lifetime memories on your big day. For enquiry and booking kindly call or WhatsApp 08039284741
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by apprentist(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2020
Join this whatsapp group if your wedding is planned to hold (or has held) within this COVID-19 era.

Please if you got married or you are getting married this pandemic year let's encourage ourselves while being informed/updated on all developments.

***https://chat.whatsapp

.com/HoK7D1OjAvy0SEDiV0Rktp** (copy, combine and and paste to join whatsapp

Or drop your number to be added

NB: This room is strictly for the purpose as stated and admin will remove any diverted topics and the poster likewise.
This group link will be revoked and renewed regularly.
Re: COVID-19: To Couples Preparing To Get Married In March And April 2020 by Prism(f): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
apprentist:
Join this whatsapp group if your wedding is planned to hold (or has held) within this COVID-19 era.

Please if you got married or you are getting married this pandemic year let's encourage ourselves while being informed/updated on all developments.

***https://chat.whatsapp

.com/HoK7D1OjAvy0SEDiV0Rktp** (copy, combine and and paste to join whatsapp

Or drop your number to be added

NB: This room is strictly for the purpose as stated and admin will remove any diverted topics and the poster likewise.
This group link will be revoked and renewed regularly.

Hello. Pls repost a new link cos the one you posted isn't working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today / 13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Zimbabwean Woman Marries Days After Her Arm Was Bitten Off By Crocodile (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.