Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today (44207 Views)

Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / "Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 9:52am On May 21, 2022
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.
He won't see me there today.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

I just hope he invited his in-laws through WhatsApp too

237 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by rickpat(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2022
have you been playing the role of an elder brother in his life?

have you been giving him the love, respect and support that you seek from him to him?

have you been leading my example?

THAT THING YOU WANT FROM PEOPLE WHY NOT GIVE IT FIRST?

if your answer is yes....then your bro is absolutely wrong and disrespectful

if your answer is NO....then you got issues...lead by example oga.. whether you go or not wedding must hold.... the priest won't even ask after you before joining the couple....and your bro will now completely disassociate himself from you....good luck

527 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2022
People will just be looking for problem when there is none. sad

354 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SamuelLoch: 10:11am On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character f they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

Seun
Lalasticlala

Let me get this straight...
You're not going to your "younger brother's" wedding because he didn't visit you to present you the invitation card? I don't see this as some serious ish.

Just imagine this...
So, if I don't visit my mum to present the invitation card, she would get angry and choose to stay back on the wedding day? No, bro.

I have attended events of very close relatives, friends where they used digital invites. At the entrance, they scanned the barcode on my device and gave me a wristband. Meanwhile, some got invites. Nothing spoil! We still dey till tomorrow

I just hope you know he's going through a lot.

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Wawelexy(m): 10:19am On May 21, 2022
If u truely love ur bro, mode of invitation shouldn't stop u from going to his wedding.

There re some custom/believe that have phased out, we need to stop doing them.

Tell me, if u re invited to attend a summit at the White House in Washington D.C through whatsapp/mail, would u have taken an offence from that?

266 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by BigDick70inch(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

Seun
Lalasticlala

Bro.......no vex for your kid cousin Ooo........
Tis a modern world........

My own big blood brother sent invitation card to me through same WhatsApp and I went.........

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Mindlog: 10:32am On May 21, 2022
Wawelexy:
If u truely love ur bro, mode of invitation shouldn't stop u from going to his wedding.

Tell me, if u re invited to attend a summit at the White House in Washington D.C through whatsapp/mail, would u have taken an offence from that?

Offence fire! He would even go for Thanksgiving!

My issue here is, what is his purpose of creating a thread and hoping to get it to the frontpage over what he has already taken a decision on , does he want to be begged to attend his cousin's wedding or his cousin, insulted?

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Mindlog: 10:36am On May 21, 2022
OP, you are not attending....abeg rest!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Oizee(f): 10:52am On May 21, 2022
Oga forget this thing and go, u are a family and u suppose to understand his negligence attitude more than anyone else....
To be honest this is even what people do nowadays and kinda like.....u can't say u didn't see the IV now and, besides do u plan to eat the hard copy

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 10:58am On May 21, 2022
Oizee:
Oga forget this thing and go, u are a family and u suppose to understand his negligence attitude more than anyone else....
To be honest this is even what people do nowadays and kinda like.....u can't say u didn't see the IV now and, besides do u plan to eat the hard copy
No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 11:00am On May 21, 2022
BigDick70inch:

Bro.......no vex for your kid cousin Ooo........
Tis a modern world........

My own big blood brother sent invitation card to me same WhatsApp and I went.........
I'm not attending, mind already made up.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 11:01am On May 21, 2022
Wawelexy:

That's a different case scenario, are you married? Send whatsapp invitation to your in-laws to be.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Richy4(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2022
Oga thing are changing and u have to change with it... The fact that u have a WhatsApp account shows that u are trending with the moving train cheesy

The most important part was that he remembered you and sent the invite across...

I believe Whatsapp is used for communication and the fastest way to reach you was through that..in my opinion, it has nothing to do with respect or disregard...
OP I hope you were not the type of person that a younger individual would ask how are u while greeting and u feel insulted grin

30 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by bigjackass: 11:26am On May 21, 2022
Are you sure the guy is even your brother ? Cos they use word of mouth and not IV card for family members undecided

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by shege45: 11:29am On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

Seun
Lalasticlala
you are an entitled mumu man. Did you train him? Na you dey sponsor the wedding?

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 11:31am On May 21, 2022
shege45:
you are an entitled mumu man. Did you train him? Na you dey sponsor the wedding?

You are a bigger fool of your generation

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 11:32am On May 21, 2022
bigjackass:
Are you sure the guy is even your brother ? Cos they use word of mouth and not IV card for family members undecided
word of mouth, face to face.

Abi na through text your family member's take dey invite you

10 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by komek(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Seun
Lalasticlala

Sit in your house, you don't have anything to offer. Before you go there and start constituting nuisance

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 11:36am On May 21, 2022
komek:

Sit in your house, you don't have anything to offer. Before you go there and start constituting nuisance
Not everyone is a drunkard like your father before you
Some of us sabi control ourselves

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Oizee(f): 11:41am On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.
I understood everything that you are staying, and I also know ur mind is made up and we can't convince u again, try to be flexible when you are dealing with Indomie generation, it's just the mindset, they are not disrespecting or belittling you deliberately

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SWATMan: 11:56am On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

Seun
Lalasticlala

grin grin cheesy
When I did my wedding many years back, I took the card and a bottle of St. Remi to my uncle who was living in the same city with me, could you believe he rejected my card and the drink in the presence of my wife telling me that he doesn't need an invite card to attend my wedding! So different strokes for different people.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Born2winnx: 12:29pm On May 21, 2022
SWATMan:

grin grin cheesy
When I did my wedding many years back, I took the card and a bottle of St. Remi to my uncle who was living in the same city with me, could you believe he rejected my card and the drink in the presence of my wife telling me that he doesn't need an invite card to attend my wedding! So different strokes for different people.

That one day, your uncle won form westty..he not a traditional man.

Na him make many of them don't teach their children proper manners and custom. If you check well many of our customs dey lust everyday

6 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 21, 2022
I see ABSOLUTELY no reason for this thread sir undecided...

Since you've decided not to go, please sit in your house! undecided...

Abi are you expecting us to beg you to attend the wedding? Or all this one is just for attention? undecided...

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by slawormiir: 5:52pm On May 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
People be making moutain out of a gadamnnn mohill

Infact make I even add salt to your injury

He be like say he nor want invite you...na mistake you take receive the invitation message for WhatsApp unto say your number dey saved on he WhatsApp contact and during the process of sending the invitation to all he WhatsApp contact once na im you receive am

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:52pm On May 21, 2022
Na u no how una de relate before now. If na me, whether whatsapp invite or not, i mist show

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by pargelenis(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2022
Eya, you de miss wedding rice and meat because of blockheadism

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Emma1Oj(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2022
I just feel you are only being jealous because he didn't put you in front line, making you feel less important to him.

Anyway it's good you didn't even go your portion will be serve to someone else.

Beside, try and be flexible life isn't that hard so you can be more healthy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by pocohantas(f): 5:53pm On May 21, 2022
Nothing surprising here. Men are their own enemies. Always looking for who to drag ego with. If it is not women, it would be amongst themselves. D-Merciful come and see your younger brothers. grin

20 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Juanmike(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2022
Also, tell us why you won't sleep tonight.
Asshole.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Seyiemath(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2022
na wa for you o
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by bouncin04(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tuface, Davido, Kcee, Among Other 500 Celebrities Storm Anambra For Oba Carnival / 13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Zimbabwean Woman Marries Days After Her Arm Was Bitten Off By Crocodile (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.