Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,707 members, 7,844,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos (18637 Views)

Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri, Kills Four / Bomb Explosion At Bus Station In Damaturu / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by MissEZ(f): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
At Martin, I understand your anger and the need for revenge, but the continuous tit for tat is what keeps this crisis going. It is what has kept it going since the 1990s till date. Arent u guys tired of seeing people die? Or of waking up to find that there is yet another crisis? Please me i am tired of it. I cant even go on Bauchi road in jos anymore without having a heart attack. We have to find a lasting solution to this problem and i can tell you for a fact that continuous violence is not the answer.

Another thing, since  we cannot actually read the minds of people, let us give them the benefit of a doubt. I have seen muslims come on nairaland to rejoice over the killings of christians, if one of them doesnt support it and says so, rather than try to guess their motives, lets encourage more muslims to speak out against the violence. (Thats just my opinion, you dont have to agree with me).

Me i am fed up with the violence is jos and just want it to be done. I understand the anger, but i dont let it overcome me, in the end it wont solve the problem. We need to figure out how to bring peace, while at the same time defending ourselves and protecting our loved ones.

God will truly help us.

1 Like

Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by MissEZ(f): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2010
Shock that is a good one, i just signed it. Please everyone go ahead and sign this petition and share the link on FB or where ever so that people can also sign it. We need all the support we can get
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by martin123: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
Jama'atu Ahlus Claims Responsibility. It Is Jihad

Video: Jama’atu ahlus Claims Responsibility
For Jos Bomb Blasts That Killed 80 People On
Xmas Eve
December 28, 2010 - 16:43 — siteadmin
TRANSLATION:
“Prayer, with quotation from the Holy Quran” My
Muslim brothers and sisters, indeed we carried
out the attack in the town of Suldaniyya which is
normally called plateau or what some call Jos.
We are responsible for the attack.
If you don’t know us, we are Jama’atu ahlus
sunnah lid da’awati wal jihad which was falsely
labeled Boko Haram, and we did this because our
Creator has ordered us to wage war on everyone
who does not embrace the religion of Islam after
preaching to them.
And (another) one of the reasons why we are
doing this in this country is because of the way we
are being killed in this country. Through evil
machinations, plans are orchestrated to achieve
desired goals (against us) and we are
continuously being killed, just as the Arabs say
“what the eye sees is better than a story that is
told” (chanting in Arabic).
Everyone knows how our muslim brothers and
sisters were massacred in different towns in this
country; Lagos state has witnessed it, so has
Ibadan, the town called Zangon Kataf in Kaduna
has also witnessed it, Bauchi has witnessed it and
so has the town Suldaniyya known as Plateau or
Jos, where we have carried out our attack been a
witness to the killings of our muslim brothers and
even the abduction of our muslim sisters and
children whose locations are not known uptil now.
It has also happened in Kano state at Sabon gari
area.
These happenings including what we have not
even witnessed or heard of, only God knows their
magnitude (and) God shall Judge (in these
matters) on the Day of Judgement. These are
some of the reasons why we are waging this war
because God has ordered us to go to war when our
brothers and sisters are killed, and now we are
even denied our rights to practice our religion.
God knows best.
This is the message I want to pass to people, and
finally I want to tell the Muslims in this country
and the whole world that they need to know this is
a war between Muslims and non-muslims. So
where ever you are, you should be weary; this is
not a tribal war, nor is it similar to the wars of the
pre-islamic era, it is not a war for financial gains, it
is solely a religious war. We did not start this war
so it would end in one week, or one month or one
year.
Only when we are completely annihilated and
nobody chooses to continue with our struggle
maybe that could be the end. Or (we establish a
system where) religion has the final say or religion
determines everything, that will be the end of this
war. And definitely this war will not end just
because we are visibly present anywhere because
it was God that said “quotation from the Holy
Quran”.
This is a war between muslims and non-muslims.
We are ready for anyone willing to face us,
whether it ’s a group of people or even the
government because we know who supports us,
God the Creator of the universe, praise be to God.
Therefore we are warning every muslim who
believes in the religion of islam that he should
never help a non-muslim in this war. If he helps
any non-muslim and in so doing, a fellow muslim
suffers due to that, he should know that he is a
dead person. “Praying in Arabic”
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by martin123: 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
This is it."Jama'atu Ahlus" has set nigerians against the muslims in the country.hope you wont blame anybody for an attack at the innocent muslims
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Shock(m): 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
Miss EZ:

Shock that is a good one, i just signed it. Please everyone go ahead and sign this petition and share the link on FB or where ever so that people can also sign it. We need all the support we can get

Thanks, pls note that i have changed the link to a much more reliable web address, i will appreciate it if you could resign the petition.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41656.html
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ martins i understand your anger, but here, jst know a little about me. Am from Borno State, my best friend is a christain we are friends for more dan six years now, we seen religious crisis, we seen Boko haram crisis all 2gether, We are living in peace because this is what my religion taught me.

Please lets Understand ourselves, we are not illitrates.

This is our time we the youths of Nigeria to hold our hands together and say enough is enough to this demons who called themselves leaders, Only few & i repeat only few of them have nigeria at heart,

1 Like

Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
Master Sgt. Loren Bonser/U.S. Army {AllAfrica} Pains of war {Nigeriaworldview blog} US Army Prepares for Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) August 17th, 2009 NewsRescue- The article below and related articles raise pertinent questions- 1. Is the United States promoting a breakup, in what ’s known as the ’tissue scarcity scare’ scenario, where the suggestion and promotion of a concept leads to its manifestation. Nigerians skeptical about the possibility of a breakup get reassured that best analysis from the US suggests its high possibility of success and parties in favor of this go ahead in full force to make this so-called expert analysis a reality? Or is a natural breakup indeed the reality? The US has been known to be at the center of important breakups in the past. Countries like Vietnam and Korea had the US play a major skewed role, and when these Nations divided into North and South, the US stationed its troops at the border to defend usually the Southern territory, and the Northern usually became a rejected, isolated rudiment. In Nigeria the North, currently the power holding block, which is majorly Muslim, and lacks petroleum resources will almost certainly be turned into an Arab aligned, possibly terrorist ‘axis of evil’, Nation. While the US will according to experts defend and instill puppet rule over the resourceful South, which it is believed it will assist in secession if a breakup war occurs. The US will likely favor such a breakup for obvious reasons- the current leader of Nigeria thumped his finger in the US nose, clearly rejecting the installation of US AFRICOM military command in Nigeria. Nigeria ’s government has also of recent signed deals with Russia and Iran for major resource, military and power(Nuclear generation) mutual ventures. This alliance possibly does not sit well with the US. In addition, Nigeria has been promoting development, not by serving US interest but by cooperation ’s with so-called third world Nations like Brazil.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Mobinga: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by zealot4me(f): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2010
i havent come across any verse in holy book quran dat says kill ur neighbour if he does not accept ur religion. this boko haram abi na haram boko sef are just threatnening pple 4 nothin and are just been fanatics over d religion wat a gush !!!
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by oneluvb55(f): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2010
jesusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Feraz(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2010
You could say that a million times! Pictures they say speak better words
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by oneluvb55(f): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2010
dis is very very very scary, inhuman and infact pure wickedness
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Kelvin0(m): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2010
Hmmmmm, religious or political pls let the killings stop.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Goldmind1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2010
God have mercy
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by safariman(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
Any right thinking truly God fearing Muslim should condemn this barbaric act both openly and privately
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by PHIPEX(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
Repent or die, what a foolish idea/religion
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by tyson55(m): 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
This is dispicable to say the least. This evil fanatics should not go unpunish, they must be brought to justice. May God help us.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by talk2ahmed(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2010
, this is what happens when authorities gloss over real issues. It is not enough to scream Jesus! Gawd! or Allah at the sight of these bodies alone. If anyone here could recall several years ago, the yelwan shendam massacre, then you will appreciate where this is coming from and where this may lead to. Similar things were common in kaduna, but thank God its no more. Why? because the government took honest, drastic and far reaching steps which included building small army units in every flash-point in the state capital.
Not just burnt bodies,
talk about displaced families,
children rudely orphaned by war,
anxiety and apathy,
business dislocation,
epidemic due to breakdown of infrastructure.
School?
Hospital congestion?
War is sour and its aftermath is sourer.
If a person kills for or on behalf of God,he must be made to face the law or else his children will inherit his diabolical ways. there is a report on the Jos thing right ? make it public and lets have it implemented. period!
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by goggs(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2010
shocked
cry

ayiddalal:

We muslims should not sit quiet over dis wen some bunch of bloody suckers are using our religion for their devilish aim. Insha Allah you will not prevail and Allah will not let you see the end.You go about killing innocent people and call it jihad.what defines your target a defenceless person or xtians that you are at peace with. In your opinion, muslims support you ?? i say i will rather remain in peace with my xtian neigbour if there is not treat from him/her and report you to the authorities where i see or hear you.crap! it will not work i repeat.Nigeria is strong and will crush you.nonsense!!! This what the prophet said about people like you. Also prophet Muhammad (peace upon said) the following meaning: "Seven persons are such that Allah (God) will not look at them on the Day of Judgment , and Allah (God) will enter them into the Hell, except for those who repent. As those who repent Allah will accept their repentance. 1. A person who self services. 2. A person who performs the act of sodomy. 3. The person upon whom the act of sodomy is performed. 4. A perpetual drunkard. 5. The person who hits his parents so much that they appeal for help. 6. The person who harms his neighbors so much so that they curse him. 7. The person who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife. " "Worship Allah and join none with him (in worship); and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the neighbor who is near of kin, the neighbor who is stranger, the companion by your side, , " with your silly group's action where do you place yourselves!!!!! taking care of your neigbour? This is what the quran says about some xtians and by your action i didn't see you distinguishing!!!!! "Of the people of the Book are a portion that stand (for the right); they rehearse the Sings of Allah all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in Allah and the Last Day; They enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in ranks of the righteous. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knows well those that do right." Nobel Qur'an (3:113-115)
What ever your reason for this you are no different with a demon,
You should be hunted down like your silly leader and perverted not-so-smart person yusuf and brought to our kinda justice!!!! we have survived maitasine and so many others!!! How will non-muslim appreciate your religion with this?? I am calling for the military intervention in JOS, BORNO, YOBE, BAUCHI, This are failed States.

WILL THE REAL MUSLIMS STAND UP TO BE COUNTED! UNLESS YOU COUNTER THE BAD EGGS AMOUNG YOU PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO SEE THE BAD IN YOUR RELIGION.

Chei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is heart wrenching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG embarassed cry

Each of the dead WAS A FATHER, A BROTHER, A MOTHER, A SISTER, A LOVER, A WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
What those animals fail to realise is that there are muslims scattered all over the southern states. By default they are now the target in case of any reprisal attack.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by whiteroses(f): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

may their soul rest in perfect peace.
the bible says the souls of the dead righteous cried unto the Lord for revenge, the lord will fight for them
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by DeSheikh(m): 11:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
I feel pained in the heart and mightily depressed by all these. I'm a muslim and as far as I'm concerned, whoever has a hand in this or any other terrorist act has nothing to do with Islam. Period. They can continue in their wishful thinking that they are carrying out God's injunctions but they will most certainly face Allah's wrath (I hope here &) in the hereafter.
"There shall be no compulsion in religion"
I condemn this wicked ungodly and unislamic acts not to please any one but because it is my duty as a muslim to do so.

May Allah (SWT) open the eyes of all these so called muslims who have been brainwashed by corrupted man-made teachings so that they may come to know & understand correctly, the true message of Islam, The Qur'an Alone.

Peace.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by whiteroses(f): 12:16am On Dec 30, 2010
^ see your people na its not good sad and welldone for clarification
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Feraz(m): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2010
whiteroses:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

may their soul rest in perfect peace.
the bible says the souls of the dead righteous cried unto the Lord for revenge, the lord will fight for them
Exactly! God is supposed to fight for you and not the other way round.
The more these killings happen in the name of religion, the more people question if islam is that of peace given the circumstances?
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by ajetii(m): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2010
Because this is more than a mere mass of letters to read. Showing it graphically haunts our memories, it doesn't die out easily. 1 life is important, 1 million is just a statistic.

Don't be a mischief maker, you mixed pictures of killing by muslims with the reprisal attacks by christains and claims muslims did all those killings. The picture where some corpses were been dump in well were done by christians.

Nobody like what is going on in our country, and i am not really a religious person. I prefer a world without religion, if you ask me.

At the same time, i detest people like you pasting sensitive images and making such inflammatory statement that will not get the country out of the vicious cycle in which we found ourself.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by emofine(f): 3:10am On Dec 30, 2010
Abeg who is doing this again?

Why why why in my country? dem no go rest?

Why won't they allow my country to prosper?

Do they not see the shame that they are not only giving Nigeria but also their religion?

Is it not blasphemy for a mere mortal to defend his/her creator?

I have so many questions to ask but I can't stop crying.

RIP to all those unfortunate souls that died in yet another senseless killing.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by dvee2: 4:50am On Dec 30, 2010
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful

Press Release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sunday 26 December, 2010

MPAC Strongly Condemns Attacks in Jos and Maiduguri

Nigerians witnessed another bloody days of barbaric and gruesome murders when civilians became soft targets for murderers in both Jos and Maiduguri on Christmas eve. While the Jos blasts claimed 32 human lives and injured 74, Governor Ali Modu Sheriff and the Police Command in Borno claimed that the Maiduguri attacks, which claimed 6 people, including a pastor and a retired soldier and injured 25 at two churches, were perpetrated by the Boko Haram sect members.

These incessant acts of terrorism represent another low point for our nation. For more than two decades now, inter-religious tragedies seem to be occurring with depressing frequency as political leaders have failed time and time again to find the solutions to the underlying causes. Most Nigerians actually know that these root causes rest squarely with unscrupulous politicians who have absolutely no value for human lives and no scruples about damaging societal cohesion and peace.

As Muslims, it is important to reiterate unequivocally that the Christians are our brothers and sisters in humanity, co-citizens and most especially people of the covenant of the prophet of Islam (See A Forgotten Covenant below). Their lives and places of worship must be respected and protected from any violation as commanded by Islam. We therefore use these times of murderous attacks during their celebration to remind ourselves of the commonalities of our religious heritages, both of which hold the life of Jesus Christ (AS) to be an example for humanity. The Qur’an states "Behold! The angels said: 'O Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a word from Him. His name will be Jesus Christ, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter and in the company of those nearest to God.'"

Anger, rage or urge for revenge cannot be a valid justification for ignoring the most basic principles of our religion and its core values of justice, mercy, human dignity, freedom, sanctity of human life and equality for all. As the Qur’an states in Chapter 5, verse 6: "And never let hatred of anyone lead you into the sin of deviating from justice." Attacking civilians, even during the time of war, or attacking Christian places of worship are clear deviation from the tenets of Islam, which upholds the sanctity of life and forbids crimes against humanity. When such crimes are attributed to people who claim to be Muslims, as Muslim ourselves we cannot be bystanders, we must be involved in constructive intervention at all levels of crime prevention and law enforcement.

We call on all decent Nigerians not to loose heart and to stay determined to work together across barriers of faith and ethnicity, to rid the nation of the scourge of terrorism and those incubating it. Islam does not tolerate the use of terrorism for any purpose, regardless of the identity of the aggressors or the nature of their motives. Furthermore, individual members of society are not allowed to take the law into their own hands and render punishment, regardless of whether a similar crime had been committed against the Muslims or not. The case of these latest victims can be viewed only as a horrible murders for which the perpetrators, whomever and wherever they are, should be hunted down and punished under the full extent of the law.

(Also called 'Charter of Privileges': to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai .)

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah (Prophet Muhammad, SAW), as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."
-End-

Link: http://www.mpac-ng.org/mpac-positions/590-mpac-strongly-condemns-attacks-in-jos-and-maiduguri.html
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by amazonia(m): 7:25am On Dec 30, 2010
@ poster,

Please try to make the pictures of these victims go viral.
The world need to see these evidences of these islamic terrorists crime.
Please, link it with as much major western media wed-sites as possible.
The world don't only need to know, they equally need to see them pictures in their homes, office
and everywhere. It should not be hidden or swept under the carpet. Please make those charred
bodies go viral.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by Otseh: 8:16am On Dec 30, 2010
Good for d bearer of d bomb. He shld go to hell straight for wanting to kill innocent pple.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by igmacco(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2010
this muslims are faCKING CRAZY,  why would they kill an innocent people that knows nothing about the crisis, i cried over this picture, i have been wondering why, what is this mess, why people keeping saying Nigeria  ok, dat we abroad should return back home.  hausa people are really mallam, aboki, devil ,animal, cow.   i know about Islam, Koran no talk say make we dey kill oooooooooooooo
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by hillsate: 9:11am On Dec 30, 2010
@Poster, why are posting pictures and claiming it happened in jos?
Fellow NL's, the first picture posted never occured in jos. These are victims of fuel fire explosion. please it is important we check out facts very well being we get carried away by fake-picture induced emotions.
There was a bomb explosion in jos, yes. The remaining pictures happened in jos, yes. but the first one, no!.
Re: Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos by geemee(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2010
this is serious,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Six Suspected Suicide Bombers Arrested In Maiduguri / Osinbajo's Speech As He Visits Plateau State, Promises 10 Billion Naira / Nigeria Does Not Need Strong Leaders, But Competent Ones – Prof Attahiru Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.