Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,284 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job (784 Views)

He was offered a lecturing job, but this happened. / Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by MBG4Real(m): 3:09am On Dec 29, 2010
A female friend of mine was asked to accept sterilization (tubal legation or any other) before she could be offered a Job. The condition is that she must not get pregnant or seek for Maternity leave while on the job. The job pays pretty well. However, my friend is a divorcee who had just one kid and hopes to re-marry some day.

If you were in her shoe will you accept sterilization?
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Harbb: 3:24am On Dec 29, 2010
Accepting that is synonymous to accepting slavery.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by xxcarolxx(f): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2010
There is no way would i accept the job, flaming hell what kind of company would even have that as a condition. What if she went ahead and got her tubes tied, and the job didn't work out, I'd tell them to stick the job where the sun don't shine. That's a violation of her human rights,
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Akinagirl(f): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2010
What job would I be looking for that would require me to be sterile??
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Akinagirl(f): 3:53am On Dec 29, 2010
matter of fact. Here in America that is soooo illegal. that "business" would be put out of business.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 29, 2010
@poster
as crazy as this story may be, a simple contract would be much better rather than sterilization. since this is insanity at the highest order, having a legitimate contract stipulating that "if she got pregnant employment would be terminated" is not that different. . . . . . . . . at least she would keep her hopes for further kids alive.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by MBG4Real(m): 4:43am On Dec 29, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
as crazy as this story may be, a simple contract would be much better rather than sterilization. since this is insanity at the highest order, having a legitimate contract stipulating that "if she got pregnant employment would be terminated" is not that different. . . . . . . . . at least she would keep her hopes for further kids alive.

Yea, that is more like it. It is not a must that she must get sterilized to get the job, but that she will not take-in as long as she would like to remain on the job, meaning that as soon as she gets pregnant and can no longer handle her responsibilities fully, she will be laid off. They feel that 3 or 4 months marternity leave is a waste of resources when there are other people who can do the job without taking months off.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by InkedNerd(f): 4:45am On Dec 29, 2010
@OP: No, I would never accept such a job. Just seems like another way to control the female body. Like MRbrownJAY said, a contract would be much better. I once had a friend who was temporarily dropped from her agency because she got pregnant and gained a bit of weight.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 29, 2010
^^^^ if she was a model, i would fully understand that. any employment where image is crucial/important would be this way.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Odunnu: 7:41am On Dec 29, 2010
Even after menopause,I wont even accept such. To hell with the job!
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2010
Things like this still exist? All in the name of getting a job?

This is modern female slavery! Goddamn it, wetin b d name of the company firstly and what are they really into?
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by InkedNerd(f): 8:27am On Dec 29, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Things like this still exist? All in the name of getting a job?

This is modern female slavery!
Goddamn it, wetin b d name of the company firstly and what are they really into?

Yes indeed angry
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:47am On Dec 29, 2010
Eeeeyahhh! I sometimes pity for the female folks but its not surprising, we are in a world where men rule.

That kind of job should simply be ignored by any woman who is wise and got virtue.
Re: Would You Accept Sterilization So You Can Be Offered A Job by MBG4Real(m): 5:58am On Dec 30, 2010
Overwheming rejection. My friend has since recjected the job. Though he has not gotten another job

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy – Acca & Ican Lecturers / Oil & Gas Job / Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.