Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery (2090 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Refuses To Strike In Borno (pictured) / Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance / Wike Inspects Port Harcourt Refinery, Facility Starts Refining Of Crude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by rowlandwhy: 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2007
The militants rulers of the Niger Delta regions threatens to bomb P.H refinery if the federal Govt insists on privatisation to Dangote and Odetola.

Hmmm na wa, check this link

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=116&a=27022

Are you in support of their idea
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by Biafralord(m): 6:53am On Jun 07, 2007
MEND, Biafra supports you!!!!

Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by ishmael(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2007
BIAFRALORD:

MEND, Biafra supports you!!!!

No we don't need the support of Biafra.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by rowlandwhy: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2007
ishmael:

No we don't need the support of Biafra.

Whch support do you need?
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by naijaway(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2007
MEND nobody supports you, una go soon BEND. your fathers.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2007
You will neva see northerners fight themselves openly! We southerners no get shame at all! Naijaway, even if you do not want Biafra or MEND's support, na to attack them be the solution? I'm not surprised! History is about to repeat itself so do not be a sellout again and again and again!
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
OBJ gat a wholelatta nerve! You want to privatize Niger Delta property to the north and west abi? So the people will continue to eat sand? Na wah for Nigeria oh! Okay! Na wahala we wan enter so!
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by naijaway(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2007
what is in port harcourt is not niger delta property it is igbos property only that igbos see themselves as nigerians first.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2007
Niger Delta property? that description of P/H refinery is highly debatable. secondly did the ND folk bid for the refinery and did not win?

Bluestar Consortium consists of Dangote, Zenon, Transcorp and Rivers State Govt, so technically, the people of Rivers state (including the militants) are also part owners of the refinery now, so what is the problem with that?

IF the issue was that they felt the new owners were incompetent, that is a different story, but if its based simply on the fact that they're from another part of Nigeria, that argument falls flat on its head.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by naijaway(m): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2007
the militants are just taking advantage of our soft power government officals but money launderers. When Nigeria will begin having principled government officals na yellow fever go dey do security there because all the threats would have been wiped out.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2007
Ibo and niger delta, wetin be d difference? Which kain monkey dey work, baboon dey chop partnership are you insinuating here I say I sorry for Nigeria! The rich getting richer and the poor getting pooerer! Which state capital is half way developed in the south south as in the North or west? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I say I hear una! Wetin concern Dangote for south? Wetin concern Odetola for south? Only wen to chop money and enrich themselves! That is why I blame all these so called South South stooges who are used by these "meddlers" to continue to loot on their behalf! Why dem no go bid for North and West? I hail una oh! cool
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2007
@ Militia you are mistaken, they did bid and win, the consortium also won the Kaduna Refinery bids.

the lack of development of state capitals lies with the state governors who receive jumbo allocations and the money ends up going nowhere tangible

that is not the 'north' or 'west' fault.

are you now saying people who are not from SS should not do business there? who runs a business for charity anyways, their intent is to make money alright, if they do it legitimately and fairly, then there's nothing wrong with it
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
I agree!  That is why I emphasized on the governors all along!  Of course we are all Nigerians and can do business anywhere in the country  but not when it is accquired illegitimately as a pay back for some secret pact!  Does fraudulent elections ring a bell? grin I question the whole "bidding" process! Fa Fa Fa ------- Foul!
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2007
what do Dangote and Otedola have to do with fraudulent elections and payback? did they rig elections or are they INEC contractors? Please expatiate more on this secret pact thing, you seem to know more than the rest of us wink
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2007
So these your guys have gone legit now abi? They are only reaping the rewards of being early and old time hench riggers! You want to hear more? lipsrsealed You think all Nigerians are stupid eh?
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2007
when were they 'un-legit'??

Dangote owns factories all across Nigeria employing thousands of people, he just built a cement factory which will create close to 10,000 jobs

Otedola started importing diesel in the late 90's due to poor refineries, now he is building a depot. please reveal the 'un-legitness' of these

granted they got some govt favors, but I dont see anything bad in their investing in the local economy.

please how are Otedola and Dangote involved in rigging? please explain
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 11:46pm On Jun 07, 2007
One of the few progressive "businessmen" left in Nigeria of course! You ever wondered how they made their money in the first place? How they keep maintaining their money? While everything else around them crumbles! You know what? Goodluck with ya fantasies! grin grin grin
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2007
Refinery can be any where oh! Even for Kaduna! But the oil dey for south-south property! Since you just woke up---once again Ibo and Niger-Delta wetin be the difference Wetin be the difference between Kwara and Oyo? Wetin be the difference between Zamfara and Kogi? Una no well at all oh! grin
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2007
stop speaking in riddles and say whatever you know, you're beginning to sound like you dont really have any evidence to back up these claims

they are 'maintaining' their money by investing in the country, or is it Dangote's family members that will be the only beneficiaries of the cement plant?

Otedola started out with bank loans and a couple of used tankers, when banks saw profitability in his business they have backed up his investments heavily with loans. if you know otherwise say so and end the speculations.

these guys are investing in Nigeria, and employing people. that is the most important thing to me

by the way, the 'oil' for the Kaduna refinery is NOT in the SS it is imported from Venezuela since it uses heavy oil.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by naijaway(m): 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2007
the problem is that anywhere the so called niger deltans hear oil or natural gas they automatically think someone called their name. That's why in my previous post i had to make it clear that if u go by regions then the oil in prt harcourt belongs to the eastern nigeria. It generally belongs to every nigerian but those illitrates think say them get vex for body. I pray for a no nonsense president that has a vision of a prosperous nigeria and a united nigeria. The people can go but the land will remain.
How can there be developments in Niger delta when people who claim they are from there undermine security, sabotage everything, etc.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2007
Okay!  Sorry!  You don refine the oil wen dey for Naija finish before you help Venezuela dem? shocked  I see!  You people and evidence!  Even when it kisses you in your face you refuse to see it.  kiss kiss kiss  Common sense does not need evidence Brov!  All the evidence Atiku and OBJ traded against one another, what happened to them? cheesy Na my own evidence you dey wait for?  I dey come.  Dey wait for hia!
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 12:00am On Jun 08, 2007
We are Illiterates oh! I agree! That is why some areas of Nigeria are more developed than others even though minimally so! Yet the so called oil belongs to all Nigerians! Let me take my illiterate behind else where sha!
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2007
what are you going on about? we are not 'helping' venezuela, the Kaduna refinery is set up to produce certain kinds of products e.g bitumen/asphalt for road production, and thus uses heavy oil, not light sweet crude as is found in Nigeria. it is not about refining for anyone.

what does Obj and Atiku's feud have to do with the purchase of P/H Refinery? You seem to love going off-point

state what you know concerning the sale of the P/H refinery, is that too much to ask? first it was rigging and paying off, now its Obj and Atiku. focus on the issue at hand if you can
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 12:33am On Jun 08, 2007
Okay thanks for educating me on that kaduna refinery thing! Honestly did not know that! cheesy  As far as the evidence you are asking for,  it would not make a difference if I provided it or not.  So let me say it is my opinion which you do not agree with!  You did not have to prove anything to me but explain your position!  I accepted.  It is left for me to do and research quietly on my own for self educational benifits! Before hired assassins start flying all over the place! grin This your P/H bid is questionable! Nigerians do not bid! They appear to do so in public just like your elections but the results are predetermined! Get my drift? cool

OBJ and Atiku feud was just an analogy to show that evidenced based information is immaterial in Nigeria so I choose not to give myself the headache of presenting such!  I say this because you have the 2 most powerful people in Nigeria (maybe) with all the allegations of corruption splashed across the globe and nothing came out of it!  So why do you think mine would make a difference unless you have been sent to snuff it out of me.  As for going of point, hardly!  You are not following!

Now coming to your multi billion dollar businessmen!  These are people who have found favor in the "lords" of Nigeria and can never be anything but successful since they are the kingmakers.  Do not be fooled by the smokescreen!  It only follows that they will continue to amass wealth since the play the piper and others dance to the tune!  Period!  Figure it out for yourself!  It does not amaze you that this Dangote is into everything in Nigeria while other struggling businesses are just that!  He gets it all banks, goverment, mafia, name it is in his pocket.  One of the greatest monopolies in Nigeria today.  Does he have any competition? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!  Shay we have capitalist democrazy? grin  I beg no let me talk plenty oh!  My Parents still dey alive for Nigeria!
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 1:44am On Jun 08, 2007
don't worry with a name like militia, no one will mess with your folks. wink

whether or not it makes a difference, I would like to increase my own education too, like yourself. the truth is the exact personality involved in restoring the economy or engaging in productive enterprise is not too important to me, as long as he makes the investments and the operations run legitimately. If i can buy fuel when i go to the station without scarcity or settling area boys, do you think I will be asking 'who made this petrol' ??

the bidding is questionable? well the Kd one is without doubt questionable, but there WAS bidding on P/H, with public opening of bids, no one else came up with enough money, and they did so I dont see the problem with that. Like I said earlier, as long as they are well run, they will employ people and reduce hardship generally, NO one will really care if it is adamu or chinedum or perebomowei that owns the thing if it does what its supposed to do.

Dangote succeeding cos of govt? well that is a part of it of course, but theres also personal effort and work involved, it cannot just be govt connection that would get World Bank to support your project as happened with the Cement project. Otedola is not the only one selling Diesel, the Ibrus, Folawiyos, Obat, Ibeto and others are doing so as well and succeeding, so that argument doesnt hold, Ditto for Dangote - Ewekoro is pdcing cement, Flour Mills are making spaghetti and so on and are succeeding as well, if they are not agressive or doing business like Dangote, it is not anyones fault. people should not reduce the man's success to simply govt influence.

we know others who have run businesses and crashed them due to incompetence even with govt money - see Marwa and Albarka as an example. Dangote definitely has competition - In Oil and Gas Oando, Conoil and co. In Cement Lafarge, UNICEM and co. In food Flour Mills and others. In Telecomms that he wants to go into, Glo and others are there.

I want to know what you know as well, whether it makes a difference or not is another matter, I am simply interested for my own sake.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by MILITIA(f): 1:50am On Jun 08, 2007
To be continued! We are all my pipo! kiss kiss kiss  Goodnight, I have bedroom duties to perform! grin  Oga don chop finish.  Time to give him desert! cool
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 1:57am On Jun 08, 2007
lol, make una do am sofry sofry oh, we'll continue later wink
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:38am On Jun 08, 2007
This development proves the fact that all the Idiots that are ruling Nigeria, are all about grabbing every thing for their ethnic groups, Laudate, I know you are from the south south take note, there is no one Nigeria.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:44am On Jun 08, 2007
smiley
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 3:45am On Jun 08, 2007
not true, Rivers State is part of the consortium, making it SS owned as well. ethnicising every single thing is not productive

if they are competent and ready to invest, by all means allow them, regardless of tribe of origin.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:59am On Jun 08, 2007
debosky:

not true, Rivers State is part of the consortium, making it SS owned as well. ethnicising every single thing is not productive

if they are competent and ready to invest, by all means allow them, regardless of tribe of origin.

unfortunately nobody is interested in your rhetoric's.
Re: Militants Threatens To Strike Port Harcourt Refinery by debosky(m): 4:09am On Jun 08, 2007
call it what you want, its the truth you fail to see. as if the average yoruba man feels any connection with Otedola. if he owns the bloody moon, its his personal property not his tribe's. ditto for Dangote or anyone else.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only N232m Approved For Speaker’s House’ / Pharmacists Protest Nafdac Dg's Appointment / Exxonmobil, Others Disown Emeagwali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.