Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT (43369 Views)

You Can’t Increase VAT, Tinubu Tells FG / Tinubu Tells Kwara People How To Remove Saraki / Obasanjo Is Expired Milk, Dump Him In The Dustbin, Tinubu Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by slowice(m): 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
He once said he has the right to spend his money how he deems fit.... But he can't spend the same stolen Bullion Van cash to help the helpless people of Nigeria when it matter most... Anything to grab power.... Fools

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by Ayoefa: 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Dikegodspower:
Tinubu.
donate ,he refused.
wicked set of polithiefcians

he is waiting for 2023 to roll out the bullion van...
and we will not be in a haste to collect it and do the right thing

Tinubu is your nightmare. You will see more of him for years to come. Better go and see a Psychiatrist for your nightmare.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by ericmor: 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
The one vexing me most is the loan people, the way they are disturbing me to pay my loan now en, is annoying even after adding late fee and interest with VAT join. Where do I get the money even when my goods are stocked cus can't be cargo, no work no food just left with little and some people are asking for loan this particular period
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by Yankee101: 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
He also asked govt to print more naira (quantitative easing), which I subscribe to.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
johnmartus:
If NCC not call mtn to order they will kill this country for us. You will buy 2500 data next day you will not find it again.

Sincerely I’m going back to glo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by adenigga(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
Eteka1:
Very many States in Nigeria cannot survive without those Federal allocations.

That's the reason why we don't need too much States that cannot fend for themselves.
Let's adopt true federalism not pseudo - federalism we are practicing in Nigeria.

Go Memory Lane, as a student of politics, the first State creation occurred during the period of regionalism under Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. Mid - Western region was created out of Western region to clipped Awolowo's wing. Thank God that present Edo & Delta that falls to that region inherited crude oil, hence, ability to manage their affairs.

Not to stress you with story, Ekiti State was created out of Ondo State by Abacha to secure his government legitimacy without putting some economic indices into consideration.
Go to Ekiti today hardly will you find a manufacturing industries & some others that can boost the IGR, all what we have are service industries e. g. Banking industry.
Thou , they are trying to sort things out now o. Thanks for your understanding!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good one.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by Eteka1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
adenigga:

That's the reason why we don't need too much States that cannot fend for themselves.
Let's adopt true federalism not pseudo - federalism we are practicing in Nigeria.

Go Memory Lane, as a student of politics, the first State creation occurred during the period of regionalism under Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. Mid - Western region was created out of Western region to clipped Awolowo's wing. Thank God that present Edo & Delta that falls to that region inherited crude oil, hence, ability to manage their affairs.

Not to stress you with story, Ekiti State was created out of Ondo State by Abacha to secure his government legitimacy without putting some economic indices into consideration.
Go to Ekiti today hardly will you find a manufacturing industries & some others that can boost the IGR, all what we have are service industries e. g. Banking industry.
I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by 27Pushing30: 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
GamalNasser:
The funny thing now is even if they suspend vat the prices of goods will still not come down ...I doubt suspending VAT at this point is feasible because Nigeria has never been as poor as it is under inept Buhari

Per the bolded please what do you do for a living.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by adecz: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
All these financial permutations
& gymnastics is beyond the
comprehension of Bubu & his dull
Finance Minister.

All she knows is to tax & borrow,
without understanding the effects!!
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by reiddecuti: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
espn:
I have said this since on twitter...they acted like they didn't see it. It is just common sense. I don't know if Mr president must be taught everything before making neccessary decisions...

What do you expect a dollard like the president and the savages in the cabinet to do.

Of course, they don't have the common sense.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by 27Pushing30: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
ericmor:
The one vexing me most is the loan people, the way they are disturbing me to pay my loan now en, is annoying even after adding late fee and interest with VAT join. Where do I get the money even when my goods are stocked cus can't be cargo, no work no food just left with little and some people are asking for loan this particular period

Have you written them officially requesting they suspend interest and restructure your loan in view of the current economic situation caused by the unprecedented covid-19 pandemic ?
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by liljboy(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
Adedokunworld:

Sincerely I’m going back to glo
I'm using my Glo ATM.... 1k... 2.3GB with additional recharge bonus o
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
this is now the period we really need educated leaders wether curupt or not, atleast beeing educated will make them have some cense of human unlike uneducated Buhari whom is not told what to do will only fucus on counting the numbers of infected ppl in the state forgetting to protect the non-infected once.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
this is now the period we really need educated leaders wether curupt or not, atleast beeing educated will make them have some cense of human unlike uneducated Buhari whom if not told what to do will only fucus on counting the numbers of infected ppl in the state forgetting to protect the non-infected once.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by henryhemon(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
espn:
I have said this since on twitter...they acted like they didn't see it. It is just common sense. I don't know if Mr president must be taught everything before making neccessary decisions...

What do you expect from a dumb president.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by Profsani: 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good one
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by lastempero: 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vat of goods that their vat have been paid already of incoming goods when everywhere is on lockdown.make una dey bring better ideas biko.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by Bobotic(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
All their brainy thoughts & works must be completely open world wide very soon undecided

Our God Please Stop #Corona virus

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by vezycash(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
espn:

All this confirms is my suspicion that oga Tin was behind VAT in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by KingWarri: 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2020
Eteka1:
If VAT is suspended, it will lead to more hardship as the Gross VAT allocations to states and LGAs which forms a big part of monthly allocations to States and LGAs will be severely affected.

Reduction in allocations to States and LGAs will cause some States and LGAs to be unable to pay their workers salaries.

True talk... But the hardship has been on for long so it will be seen as a norm...

Unable to pay workers Yeah that will be another excuse from bad governors... But before now some of them are owing workers...

So at the end of the day... Nothing new
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by bayelsaowei(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
stop collecting LCC tollgate fees.
e dey mind the man.. what are we paying tolls for at these critical times..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by KingWarri: 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
adenigga:

Nice thoughts... But for greed sake most of these states will not want a merger.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by fof1: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by KnzMoney(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
9jatriot:
This is better thinking than that other presidential aspirant who plays politics at every given opportunity even though he cannot enter the US accept carried around as a diplomatic aide asking government to start sharing 10k to individuals after condemning tradermoni just a few months ago

But US dey share money to its citizens at this critical stage... Hope he too saying vat be removed ain't saying it for political ambition? Trader money = Systematic Vote Buying grin
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by COMPAQ(m): 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
Clamouring for removal of VAY in my view is just pandering to the masses for popularity by Tinubu. If everyone is at home and not spending much money, what vat are we incurring? If businesses are shutting down production and not buying inputs, what Vat are they paying?

Also Nigeria needs all the revenue it can get right now. With crude at $25,tax income becomes more relevant and you expect the government to give that up?? But you all expect salaries to be paid right?

Whislt mismanagemt by previous and current government has brought us to where we are, knowing that as a fact doesn't help our situation going forward. As we accountants will say, that one is "sunk cost". We can only make decisions for our tomorrow based on our reality of today.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by edoairways: 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
I don't support the idea of suspension. With the dwindling fall in the price of crude oil leading to less revenue (as result of restless spending), it would be unwise to stop VAT. Instead of stopping VAT, they shouldn't approve the money meant to buy cars for those senators.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by edoairways: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
COMPAQ:
Clamouring for removal of VAY in my view is just pandering to the masses for popularity by Tinubu. If everyone is at home and not spending much money, what vat are we incurring? If businesses are shutting down production and not buying inputs, what Vat are they paying?

Also Nigeria needs all the revenue it can get right now. With crude at $25,tax income becomes more relevant and you expect the government to give that up?? But you all expect salaries to be paid right?

Whislt mismanagemt by previous and current government has brought us to where we are, knowing that as a fact doesn't help our situation going forward. As we accountants will say, that one is "sunk cost". We can only make decisions for our tomorrow based on our reality of today.

Ororo dey your head
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by COMPAQ(m): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
I just saw an info graphic that suggests that in 2009 Nigerias external debt was $4bln. Now its $29bln!!

Can anyone identify for me what projects worth $25bln have been executed in Nigeria in the last 10years I do not see where that money has gone.
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by ivolt: 8:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
9jatriot:
This is better thinking than that other presidential aspirant who plays politics at every given opportunity even though he cannot enter the US accept carried around as a diplomatic aide asking government to start sharing 10k to individuals after condemning tradermoni just a few months ago
It isn't hard to check the dictionary, is it?
Tinubu's statement is 100% political.

Though I am not surprised you are unaware as many people use words they
barely understand to attack their opponents.

Other examples of political statements include:
"The road to my house is bad, the government should fix it"

"Building a seaport is better than an airport"

"Market women should pay lower taxes".

You see, everyone "plays" politics and it is not a bad thing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by cletz991(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
johnmartus:
If NCC not call mtn to order they will kill this country for us. You will buy 2500 data next day you will not find it again.
i swear the thing tire me
Re: Coronavirus: Tinubu Tells FG To Suspend VAT by dederocs(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Common sense, Baba you try in this one. oshe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders / Peace Corps Member Faints In Gombe After Buhari Rejected Peace Corps Bill(pics,v / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.