Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! (2235 Views)

Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... / Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
I am back with my Mazda 6 2004 transmission issues. Few months ago, my car started experiencing difficulty in shifting to 3. Sometimes it delays n other times it just revs and never shifts. So i switched to the manual transmission option. Eventually, about 1 month ago I decided to fix the car completely cos i had started feeling that the engine was being over stressed. Then boom!!! My problems started: From the advise that i do a complete change of both the engine and the gear box, to the shocks, new double cell radiator (cos the mechanic n the "rewire" insisted that the radiator was also a cause for my engine internal erosion) totalling almost 300k spent already yet the car has not moved. The gear box has been replaced twice yet none worked. Just now the mech called n said he was advised to change the flywheel and i shld send another 10k. But obviously its just another guess work or a ploy to milk me again. Abeg my brothers and sisters, pls help me on this. Your advise is really really needed cos this issue is depressing honestly. Thanks alot.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by dawnomike(m): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
Count your loss and cut the lose
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
dawnomike:
Count your loss and cut the lose

Its not always easy bro! U mean i shld just forget d car wt d mechanic or i sell it to another person in d current state n he/she fixes it. So y cant it be fixed??
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Count your losses and move on except you want to fix the car yourself. If you want to do this, get an autel maxisys, all data repair manual, some tools and scanner danner engine performance diagnostics. Make sure both your electrician and mechanic are totally present while you guide them on what to do.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by Billiebaba(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Count your losses and move on except you want to fix the car yourself. If you want to do this, get an autel maxisys, all data repair manual, some tools and scanner danner engine performance diagnostics. Make sure both your electrician and mechanic are totally present while you guide them on what to do.
Or better still change your mechanic and rewire, they are chopping hot hot, or just count am and cut it away
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by freeman500: 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
Sounds like u were not there when all these changes were going on. Personally i think u should be there and see whats going on.

1 Like

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by okoroemeka(m): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
an endless money pit,I don't think the op will buy another car due to fact that's beautiful or flashy ,most times it is a trap,it is best to use proven and reliable cars that has over the years guaranteed peace of mind for their owners,I drive an 05 acura RL and it's common for me to drive for 6 months without even seeing my mechanic face to face,it's reliability at it's best.

3 Likes

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by kernniejay(m): 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
sad smileysad
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by kernniejay(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
Let all loosen devices or parts be fixed back to the car, take it for diagnosis/scanning. Write the codes generated and take the codes to other technicians to fix the problem. If they tell you same story, it's time to sell the car off.

1 Like

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by legalwealth(m): 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
kernniejay:
Let all loosen devices or parts be fixed back to the car, take it for diagnosis/scanning. Write the codes generated and take the codes to other technicians to fix the problem. If they tell you same story, it's time to sell the car off.

Why do they dislike scanning but love guess work?

1 Like

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
Billiebaba:

Or better still change your mechanic and rewire, they are chopping hot hot, or just count am and cut it away

I am changing the mechanic! Infact i have invited another rewire to come check the car tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
okoroemeka:
an endless money pit,I don't think the op will buy another car due to fact that's beautiful or flashy ,most times it is a trap,it is best to use proven and reliable cars that has over the years guaranteed peace of mind for their owners,I drive an 05 acura RL and it's common for me to drive for 6 months without even seeing my mechanic face to face,it's reliability at it's best.

Bro, ur very correct! The car is a very fine car n i am kinda attached to it. I am thinking even if i wanna sell, i shld put in the right condition. I just feel one can be unlucky if u jam d wrong "kazeem" regardless of how reliable the car brand is claimed to be.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 10:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
legalwealth:

Its really baffling. Moreso the kinda of mechanics we have nowadays are less creative. They r mostly"chop n change" technicians who r not rdy to fix any part rather they just in very emotionless manner tell u to replace the component.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
freeman500:
Sounds like u were not there when all these changes were going on. Personally i think u should be there and see whats going on.

Ur very correct! I'm always at work n nowadays i just cant excuse myself. I have scheduled another rewire tomorrow and we gon check d car wt d current mehanic.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by legalwealth(m): 11:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
asapeola:

Its really baffling. Moreso the kinda of mechanics we have nowadays are less creative. They r mostly"chop n change" technicians who r not rdy to fix any part rather they just in very emotionless manner tell u to replace the component.

All is well
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by Midoda: 5:06am On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:

All is well
Na when e end well o
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by autologic: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2020
asapeola:

Ur very correct! I'm always at work n nowadays i just cant excuse myself. I have scheduled another rewire tomorrow and we gon check d car wt d current mehanic.
The problem is wrongs hands are touching the
your car and they are even complicating the issues further .
This kind of issue will require a tech with skill of understandings of how things works from the manufacturer implementation perspective as well as troubleshooting skill with aid of manufacturer service information and wiring rather than jst not mere scanning and parts throwing based on dtc codes.

1 Like

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2020
autologic:

The problem is wrongs hands are touching the
your car and they are even complicating the issues further .
This kind of issue will require a tech with skill of understandings of how things works from the manufacturer implementation perspective as well as troubleshooting skill with aid of manufacturer service information and wiring rather than jst not mere scanning and parts throwing based on dtc codes.

Those techs are not a available here in asaba! I wish i could get one really. We only use our cars as lab rats until one meets a rewire with a decent amount of knowledge n experience.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:

All is well

Lol na my guy favourite slang b dat
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by legalwealth(m): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2020
asapeola:

Lol na my guy favourite slang b dat

Nice one
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by autologic: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
asapeola:

Those techs are not a available here in asaba! I wish i could get one really. We only use our cars as lab rats until one meets a rewire with a decent amount of knowledge n experience.
I could give remote support if u can get tech that is lit bit equipped (diagnosis tools wise and technical know-how ) (not kazeem o )
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by kernniejay(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
legalwealth:

I'm wondering too.
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by legalwealth(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
kernniejay:

I'm wondering too.

All is well

1 Like

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by oluwaseunla(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
OP, I hope they ruled out a faulty TCM on that car. Those things always seem to look for an excuse to fail, from my experience dealing with them.

2 Likes

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by Mynewdawn15: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
asapeola:

You can search for Opusdei1.
He is in Nnewi, probably he can help you out.

1 Like

Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by David50: 9:42pm On May 25, 2020
Do you stay in Abuja?
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by chuka5000(m): 10:12pm On May 25, 2020
tow ur car out from that workshop first thing tomorrow morning, they'll kill u soon.

how can u buy a new engine and gear and u are being asked to buy a flywheel (wicked people)

just ask anyone u know that got a similar brand in asaba to advice u.

however, its like u were not there when the engine and gear were bought.

u can also take the car to mgbuka in Onitsha for them to take a look since u are in asaba
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
David50:
Do you stay in Abuja?
No. I'm in asaba
Re: Gear Box: My Mechanic Wants To Kill Me. A Desperate Call For HELP!!! by asapeola(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
chuka5000:
tow ur car out from that workshop first thing tomorrow morning, they'll kill u soon.

how can u buy a new engine and gear and u are being asked to buy a flywheel (wicked people)

just ask anyone u know that got a similar brand in asaba to advice u.

however, its like u were not there when the engine and gear were bought.

u can also take the car to mgbuka in Onitsha for them to take a look since u are in asaba

Yes i have done just that! I was not there cos of work schedule but those guys rly wanted to mess me up. The idiots were still haggling money wt me when i wanted to tow the car out. I have rly learnt some vital lessons tho

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

1999 4runner Jeep For Sale(ac Working) 500k naira / Which Of The Tyre Gauge Instruments Is The Right One (photos) / Pls I Need Info About Mitsubishi Montero 2005 Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.