Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? (14763 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / Who Is To Blame? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by harakiri(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2010
pro01:

The leading cause of broken marriages (especially in Naija) is that far too many women want to wear trousers these days. We all know who the head of the house used to be during time of our parents and grandparents. But these days too much education, media influence, career development, and all sorts of negative exposure have increased feminist tendencies such that wives are now insufferably stubborn and unsubmissive. '50 - 50', 'equality' 'beside you, not behind you', etc. Those are the unpragmatic things they cling on to. Invariably, when a full-fledged man with a healthy ego marries a misguided woman with such mentality, it is only a matter of time before the marriage collapses.

E.O.D
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Mekiko: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2010
quote from Joyland: I blame it on the women, because broken marriages usually stem from infidelity. Admittedly, infidelity among women of today is on the increase worldwide and no husband is ready to accept that, hence the increase of broken marriages today.

So in other words what you're saying is that it's okay for men to cheat on their wives and their wives have to accept this cause it's what,a norm or the sadistic belief that it's a man's world and so it's fine to be unfaithful?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by fairestone(f): 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
the both parties that planned only the colors of their bridesmaids and grooms men wardrobe and forgot about the marriage itself. Blame the man that went for looks and connection. Blame the girl wants to go to u.k because her friend and the husband just came back from u.s
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
Men/husband. (source: National Geographic "Canine edition"wink wink
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by angrynaija: 4:01am On Jan 01, 2011
the grass seems greener on the other side or the desire for multiple partners
quarrelling over money
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by hermosa(f): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2011
both parties are to be blamed and @OP ur an a.s.s!!
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by tlops(m): 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2011
the person who is pulling it down. it takes 2 people to stay married it take one to break it.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Xfactoria: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ OP:

I think the success of marriages depends on the woman. Believe me, even though the man may be somewhat insensitive and useless, the woman is the sole home builder. Even the holy bible says " A wise woman buildeth her own house". That is recognizing the fact that women have all it takes to make the marriage work and forestall divorce.

Just like many posters have put it, today's women have grown increasingly intolerant of their husbands and their husband's families. Unlike in our grandmother's era where in humility and incesant supplications, they swallow a lot of shits just to let peace reign, our ladies today have grown so independent that they can't just come to terms with being bossed around by their husbands or being "insulted" by their husband's families. This is especially the case with so caled "career women". Once they are financially independent or they get richer than the guy, all forms of respect disappears; there are only a few exceptions.

Many marriages have been broken by the interference of mother-in-laws and sister-in-laws because wives can't manage or tolerate them like their husbands will tolerate their mischievous brothers or sisters. Can anyone look around his/her family or around his/her neighbourhood and tell me how many women there are who do not have issues with their mother-in-laws or their sister-in-laws or the husband's families as a whole?

The point I'm making is that increasing women intolerance and independent mindedness and high rate of diviorce or broken marriages are mutually inclusive. I dare anyone to plot the graph and see the shocking revelations.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Outstrip(f): 2:34am On Jan 03, 2011
I really hope that you are just a misinformed woman and not a man.

X-factoria:

@ OP:

I think the success of marriages depends on the woman. Believe me, even though the man may be somewhat insensitive and useless, the woman is the sole home builder. Even the holy bible says " A wise woman buildeth her own house". That is recognizing the fact that women have all it takes to make the marriage work and forestall divorce.

Just like many posters have put it, today's women have grown increasingly intolerant of their husbands and their husband's families. Unlike in our grandmother's era where in humility and incesant supplications, they swallow a lot of shits just to let peace reign, our ladies today have grown so independent that they can't just come to terms with being bossed around by their husbands or being "insulted" by their husband's families. This is especially the case with so caled "career women". Once they are financially independent or they get richer than the guy, all forms of respect disappears; there are only a few exceptions.

Many marriages have been broken by the interference of mother-in-laws and sister-in-laws because wives can't manage or tolerate them like their husbands will tolerate their mischievous brothers or sisters. Can anyone look around his/her family or around his/her neighbourhood and tell me how many women there are who do not have issues with their mother-in-laws or their sister-in-laws or the husband's families as a whole?

The point I'm making is that increasing women intolerance and independent mindedness and high rate of diviorce or broken marriages are mutually inclusive. I dare anyone to plot the graph and see the shocking revelations.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by meyri: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2011
Whoever broke it. it can be man or woman. If you cant keep a vow, why make a vow?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by princessV1: 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2011
smileythe marriage institution is under attack,so any marriage without the orinator of marriage can not stand the test of time.a successful marriage is a union of two forgivers.satan the devil decieve the human family
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by najalove: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2011
The leading cause of broken marriages (especially in Naija) is that far too many women want to wear trousers these days. We all know who the head of the house used to be during time of our parents and grandparents. But these days too much education, media influence, career development, and all sorts of negative exposure have increased feminist tendencies such that wives are now insufferably stubborn and unsubmissive. '50 - 50', 'equality' 'beside you, not behind you', etc. Those are the unpragmatic things they cling on to. Invariably, when a full-fledged man with a healthy ego marries a misguided woman with such mentality, it is only a matter of time before the marriage collapses.

Response:

While I agree with some of your comments, I must say that back in the day - men use to be men.  Therefore, there was no need for women to take over and get in the drivers seat. Now you have "men" who wants to stay home and be taken care of by women.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by najalove: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2011
I also feel as though churches need to do more to prepare couples for marriage. Even after the marriage vows have been taken, IMO churches still need to check in and see how things are going. Just because you buy a new car, it does not mean you can drive it without any type of maintenance.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by cuteonyii(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2011
Both are to be blamed.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by cuteonyii(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2011
blame it on alcohol  grin

oh no is Men's candy stick grin or the ladie's honey pot grin

seriously blame it on the first person who started this marriage thing shocked

why can't we just have fun and have kids and go our ways?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Ranoscky(m): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2011
^^

Abi O!
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Ndipe(m): 1:24am On Jan 04, 2011
Who is to be blamed for broken marriages, Man or Woman?

I still say, that each case deserves a single analysis. You certainly cant generalize by heaping blame on either parties without knowing the root cause of their divorce.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by akbtunes: 3:26am On Jan 04, 2011
Fix d problem, not d blame.

simply irreversibly configure one P to one P. I mean, IRREVERSIBLE, NOT REVERSIBLE & CANNOT BE REVERSED.
everybody go siddon tight for im marriage! cheesycheesy
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by akbtunes: 3:26am On Jan 04, 2011
Fix d problem, not d blame.

simply irreversibly configure one P to one P. I mean, IRREVERSIBLE, NOT REVERSIBLE & CANNOT BE REVERSED.
everybody go siddon tight for im marriage! cheesycheesy
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Xomba(m): 10:30am On Jan 04, 2011
The man is to be blamed.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by earlalright(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2011
everybody, the couples, their families, their friends, the society, the T.V., the radio, the magazines, novels - everybody except God. but most especially the couples and then, our society.

Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by WhiteOne(f): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
By nature man is polygamous. REALLY

If there is no progress in a relationship, why continue it?
If there is no love, why take it?
If there is no hope, why work on it?

Every woman have a right to be loved! And why should she manage? Manage for what?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2011

Every woman have a right to be loved! And why should she manage? Manage for what?

No be small matter oh. Na this kind of misplaced sense of entitlement (ontop nothing) dey always lead to BITTER disenchantment.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Speed23(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Speed23(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by alagha: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2011
women are to be blamed because, women keep marriages while men make a marriage.but this days our women found it difficult to endure and i don't know WHY?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by harakiri(m): 10:15am On Jan 08, 2011
I don't know about the rest of y'all but i strongly believe that the success of a marriage borders on the woman (so long as the man plays his part of being a good provider,caring and responsible towards his family). The thing is women kill marriage with their incessant nagging and bringing out their "real selves" after the wedding. Sometimes i feel a woman's sole purpose in life is to make men's life miserable or shorten their life span by directly/indirectly causing early heart attacks and other stress induced illnesses. It's always about how they "feel". The man MUST live the rest of his miserable married life attending to how she "feels". His whole world spins 360 degrees around her "feelings".

I'm rather remain a bachelor for life! ! !

Nonsense.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Miriam50: 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
People with low morals and selfish intents are the root of all broken marriages. angryWe all need to strive to be better people with high standards and ethics. Placing blame never makes sense because both sexes have been known to have low morals and bad ethics.It is incumbent upon ourselves to set ourselves apart from all the "riff-raff" of lowly ,corruptable people with low standards.You will find the same thing across the world in all races and in all social classes. God set the ground rules for marriage but it is all the people of the world that have made a disgrace of those rules by which we need to rule our lives. All people will call themselves Christians and godly but do not follow our Lords laws. Thou shall not commit adultery,thou shall not covet others spouse, God is alive and he is for real.Believe.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by hildaa(f): 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2011
Its because of two wrongs that can never make a right. Both parties are involve
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by delicious1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^ True that.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? by Joagbaje(m): 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
I will blame divorce on selfishness. Nobody is perfect, disagreement doesn't mean incompatibility. Lack of patience and tolerance is a big problem. Anyone can change. There is no perfect husband or wife. Everyone is a raw material. You are the one to bring perfection out of your spouse .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.