Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown (1493 Views)

Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus / Lyon Vs Diri: Bayelsa On Lockdown As APC Youths Protest Against Supreme Court / SARS Headquarters On Lockdown After Arrest Of Sacked DSS Boss In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Astark: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
grin Nigerians governors are stupid Sha, why are they forcing people to stay at home? How will the poor people they created survive and feed themselves?

Because they saw European and Western countries on lockdown, they think that is the only thing they are doing, Usa and canada are about sharing money for their citizens.

But Nigerians want to do lockdown that will solve nothing but create hunger in the land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
No mind dem. Crime will just skyrocket.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by GraGra247(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:
grin Nigerians governors are stupid Sha, why are they forcing people to stay at home? How will the poor people they created survive and feed themselves?

Because they saw European and Western countries on lockdown, they think that is the only thing they are doing, Usa and canada are about sharing money for their citizens.

But Nigerians want to do lockdown that will solve nothing but create hunger in the land

I've asked same question over and over again and nobody seems to even have half a brain to ponder and understand the implications of the error in a total lockdown in Nigeria.

The population you are trying protecting from Corona virus the wrong way will simply die of starvation.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Astark: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
No mind dem. Crime will just skyrocket.
they think coronavirus will magically disappear if they order everyone to stay at home.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Astark: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
GraGra247:

I've asked same question over and over again and nobody seems to even have half a brain to ponder and understand the implications of the error in a total lockdown in Nigeria.

The population you are trying protecting from Corona virus the wrong way will simply die of starvation.
Nigeria leaders are very heartless and stupid at the same time.

Citizens aren't testing for the sickness yet they expect it to magically disappear

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by ejanla077: 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
Now tell us what would you have them do..

Its easy to criticise..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by sunbreaker: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
ejanla077:

Its easy to criticise..

the same question I want to ask

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by viccipedia: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
It’s crazy, up till now, you guys haven’t gotten a grasp of what we’re dealing with here. There is a threat to human existence itself. There are worse circumstances in life than hunger and starvation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
viccipedia:
It’s crazy, up till now, you guys haven’t gotten a grasp of what we’re dealing with here. There is a threat to human existence itself. There are worse circumstances in life than hunger and starvation.

It's people like you that are causing panic and making things hard for everybody. Let me see whether you won't die one day, continue causing chaos
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by sapientia(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mizwisdom:

It's people like you that are causing panic and making things hard for everybody. Let me see whether you won't die one day, continue causing chaos

What he said is true.

Reason it seems closing of state borders is extreme is just because Nigeria have never planned for a rainy day.

The first two cases of the COVID-19 in Italy were recorded at the end of Jan 2020.

Italian Govt gave a stay at home order which was disobeyed

Since then, the number of cases in Italy increased steadily, reaching approximately 86 thousand as of March 29, its have exceeded 10,000

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/03/coronavirus-cases-top-100000-italy-deaths-rise-live-updates-200327231629838.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/it
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by seborrhic: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:

My brother,it's so annoying just seeing these people we call leaders just follow the crowd;but without the commonsense to follow it fully by making palliatives available,as the countries they so sheepishly copy are doing.
For eg,a far greater percentage of Nigerians are either self employed and/or depend on what they earn on a daily basis to make ends meet.
No single plan,not even the simplest of them,on how these people would survive.
1 day for a starving man can mean life and death,talkless of 14days.
Moreover in advanced countries that have implemented these lockdowns,people can use advance on their credit cards to stock up without necessarily having the money at hand.
But here,no such credit facility exist.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by IstandWithGod: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
While all of you are busy arguing, I just want to make four important points:

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Astark: 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
ejanla077:

Its easy to criticise..

what they supposed to do since, they should slash all government workers salaries by 90% and stop the looting.

Government should raise money for her citizens like other countries are doing...

Government should enforce mass testing of the virus.

It's not by locking up people shop and stopping people lively hood that will stop the virus

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Astark: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

This one of the reasons the Europeans call these dingbats moronic fools.
are you insulting me or agreeing with my point?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by idealogical: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:

Do poor people always travel from state to state to buy food.? You are not even making any sense.

If you like, don't listen to any advise to keep yourself and your family safe, keep doing johnny walker and posting rubbish on NL for likes.

Dead Covid people don't eat, it's your choice.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
sapientia:

What he said is true.

Reason it seems closing of state borders is extreme is just because Nigeria have never planned for a rainy day.

The first two cases of the COVID-19 in Italy were recorded at the end of Jan 2020.

Italian Govt gave a stay at home order which was disobeyed

Since then, the number of cases in Italy increased steadily, reaching approximately 86 thousand as of March 29, its have exceeded 10,000

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/03/coronavirus-cases-top-100000-italy-deaths-rise-live-updates-200327231629838.html

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/it

It is these comparisons with developed countries that sets me off, "In China,in America, in Germany, in UK, in Canada!" are we on the same continent with them? are we of the same race, are we sharing similar climate, do we eat similar food, do we have similar lifestyles, etc?" these are the questions we should be asking ourselves before acting like we share 100% similarities. The way we survive malaria here, if same occurred where Caucasians are prevalent they will die in numbers. Whites don't have sickle cell anaemia and they have less number of diabetic despite consuming much more sugar, all these differences and much more should make us know that race, climate, etc could aid or abate spread of certain diseases. We should begin to look at other African countries instead of always referring to different race, continent and climate.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Dedetwo(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:
are you insulting me or agreeing with my point?

No bro, I am totally in support of what you wrote. The insults flies on the faces of the goons who pass as state governors in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by viccipedia: 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mizwisdom:

lol... you’re uninformed! Am I to blame? And I said nothing about dying, but since you have, everyone’s gonna die. Just not at once. That’s why there’s a lockdown so the spread of the virus can be contained. You need to pay attention to patterns bruh!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by sapientia(m): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mizwisdom:

It is these comparisons with developed countries that sets me off, "In China,in America, in Germany, in UK, in Canada!" are we on the same continent with them? are we of the same race, are we sharing similar climate, do we eat similar food, do we have similar lifestyles, etc?" these are the questions we should be asking ourselves before acting like we share 100% similarities. The way we survive malaria here, if same occurred where Caucasians are prevalent they will die in numbers. Whites don't have sickle cell anaemia and they have less number of diabetic despite consuming much more sugar, all these differences and much more should make us know that race, climate, etc could aid or abate spread of certain diseases. We should begin to look at other African countries instead of always referring to different race of people.

What you just shared is an assumption.

Said it in one of my past posts.

But until it has been confirmed that Nigerians won't be affected and die like the whites did, every known way to prevent the fast spread have to be adopted.

Mind you, we have tested less than 300 with 97 positive.

6 Labs for a country of more than 200 million.

We have every reason to fear and panic till we are sure its safe

Even the cases we have now was simply because we refused to close our airports on time.

Maybe, you could have faulted that one too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by KahlDrogo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:

God bless you. They just copy things without considering our peculiar situation.

They are very foolish truly. Even Gandollaar, my fellow Shiite Ibo sister knows this. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by mekaboy(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
What happens when someone falls sick with the virus during the lockdown?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by ejanla077: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:
what they supposed to do since, they should slash all government workers salaries by 90% and stop the looting.

Government should raise money for her citizens like other countries are doing...

Government should enforce mass testing of the virus.

It's not by locking up people shop and stopping people lively hood that will stop the virus

Before they do all dis. Quarantine is important to avoid spread
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
sapientia:

What you just shared is an assumption.

Said it in one of my past posts.

But until it has been confirmed that Nigerians won't be affected and die like the whites did, every known way to prevent the fast spread have to be adopted.

Mind you, we have tested less than 300 with 97 positive.

6 Labs for a country of more than 200 million.

We have every reason to fear and panic till we are sure its safe

Even the cases we have now was simply because we refused to close our airports on time.

Maybe, you could have faulted that one too.

Stop spreading lies, over 800+ have been tested. Today I got an SMS from NCDC saying if I know someone who just returned or if I have symptoms I should go to their testing centre. If I don't turn up, how will they test me?

Why can't we use other African countries as case studies? it's always "In China, in Italy, in France, in UK?" we don't share continent, race, genetics & climate with majority there so why are they always used as reference points, smh, I give up!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Akponmfet: 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Astark:

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Akponmfet: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
I think the major problem we have in this country is ignorance and illiteracy, people like you drag us backwards and make life and governance difficult. Until your family or loved ones contact this coronavirus you will continue to think that it's a joke. Have you done your testing?
You don't even know if you have it.
Coronavirus is not a joke, STAY IN YOUR HOUSE IDIOT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by OsewaBoy: 5:27am On Apr 01, 2020
[s]
KahlDrogo:
God bless you. They just copy things without considering our peculiar situation.

They are very foolish truly. Even Gandollaar, my fellow Shiite Ibo sister knows this. cool
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by OduduwaYoruba: 7:17am On Apr 01, 2020
Our Governors are nincompoop, coward and copy copy. How many people has coronavirus killed in their respective state that warrant absolute lockdown of state economy. Fulani herdmen and Boko-haram have killed thousands of people yet they refuse to close border. Why are we obeying these f.o.o.ls that are called governor.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 01, 2020
Astark:

. This is how your leader regards you

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 01, 2020
Jaubdu:
. This is how your leader regards you

Every state is locked down.

At least we are practicing how to stay on our own eventually Nigeria divides.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by GamalNasser: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Nigerian Economy cannot survive a lock down by Thursday the stores will open on their own
Re: Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown by allthingsgood: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
I think people are just incredibly stupid. How do u expect to contain a virus that has no cure and is rapidly spreading if everybody just continues business as usual

All the countries that made that sad mistake are recording thousands of death today. Yet done people's brain has simply refuse to comprehend the dangers to public gathering. Till u get the corona u will still keep thinking it's a joke. Then when u get it u start calling ncdc to come and help u after u have stupidly refused to stay home.

Pls grow a brain. Quit this foolishness and stay at home. Trump that was making mouth is crying today. American deaths is now the worst in the world because of this initial silly mentality of ignoring the virus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia: Gov Ikpeazu Writes IG Of Police,Accuses Top Politician For Sponsoring IPOB / Nnamdi Kanu Dead, Buried – Coalition / Igbos Are True Nationalist In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.