Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Wrong Number - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wrong Number (25551 Views)

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Number by Ann2012(f): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2020
Hmmmmm, who is Henry?
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Mysterio so you are twin. And you brather is flauting your wealth.. its alright.
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
Khriztarl:
Mysterio so you are twin. And you brather is flauting your wealth..
its alright.

Not just flaunting his wealth. I guess he probably found out about about her from him or some other way. How did he know she had a Mysterio?
Probably the reason his so eager to bed her.
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
Chapter 19
I am standing face to face with Mysterio, I don't need a soothsayer to tell me, the laughter, the voice, knowing Naruto coupled with what am feeling.
"I..... I....." I stuttered.
"Cat got your tongue?" he asked just like the first day we spoke on phone.
"No, I am just surprised you know Naruto" I said thinking I might be wrong.
"I know it and Imagine how awesome it is" he said with a smug, that's him alright, he is Mysterio the egomaniac.
"Better watch the road next time" I said and rushed down the stairs, I think it's not good being in front if him and I'm still not sure he is the one. I already have Henry, though he has not been acting like the Mysterio he still knows a lot of things about me and I'm eternally grateful for what he has done for me.
I left the company and walked to where I will board a tricycle to go home but I got stuck as I feel I should've chatted more with this guy to figure things out, and no matter how much I try to deny it, I still feel drawn to him. I found myself slowly going back to the company hoping to bump into him.
"What will I say if he sees me coming back" I exhaled "I was so handsome you just couldn't resist me" I mimicked his voice, there I go again finalizing he is Mysterio.
"What if he really is and came from the other branch to drop something, I remember he said he works at Juvango. If he is Mysterio how then did Henry know about the chat" I smacked my head, maybe I am thinking too much.
"Here I am thinking I have met a cute girl, I don't know she is mad" I heard the same husky voice that washes over me like a cool bath in a summer day. I looked and he was standing just a few meter away from him, its getting dark but I still have enough light to see his perfect face. He is on suit and I have never seen anyone look so good in suit.
"I was just thinking to myself" I said already feeling my throat drying up.
"I can see that" he said nodding.
"What is your name?" I asked out of the blues and by the way he looked at me, it surprised him too.
"Do you always ask any cute guy you meet his name?"
"No, just you"
"You saying am cute" he said with one eyebrow raised, egomaniac, what is happening
"Egomaniac" I hissed
"What's your name" he asked this time around with all seriousness.
"Chioma" I answered instantly for some reason I used my native name knowing he won't recognize me if he is really Mysterio.
"Oh" he replied.
"Are you disappointed, were you hoping to hear a more cooler name"
"No, for a moment you felt oddly familiar, so I was a bit disappointed you weren't who I thought you are".
" oh" I said feeling guilth
"Don't sweat it dove, it's not your fault" he said.
"Dove?"
"Shit, I have no idea why I called you that" he smacked his head making me giggle
"Seems like I am not the only mad one"
"And it made you happy" he said flashing me his white set of teeth.
"You still haven't told me your name" I asked, at least if it's the only thing I get.
"Alfa" he said and my eye widened "Cool right" Mysterio once told me his name is cool and truly this is the coolest name I have ever heard, hell I never knew someone will bear Alpha as a name.
"Alpha" I said still surprised.
"It's spelled ALFA, thought still the same meaning with Alpha but my name is Italian while Alpha is Greek" he cleared it for me.
"Wow"
"Yes, I always feel the pride when I introduce myself, like I am the beginning" he said as he savoured the feeling.
"Egomanic" I said and he smiled, I checked the time its almost 6pm and I need to break my fasting.
"We have been starting here for a while now, why don't we go somewhere and talk" he suggest and it made me all giddy up.
"Who told you I would want to do that" I said denying what I really feel.
"Come on Princess, I know you do"
"Do you give pet name to any beautiful girl you come across" I said feeling my cheek heating up.
"Come with me and you will find out". It might be past six before we get to wherever we are going and it's just 5 minute to 6 and I need to say a little prayer but I also don't want this moment to end.
"Give me a moment" I said and rushed back to the company, luckily its not locked yet so I guess Mr. Akin is still inside. I went to my corner, knelt down and said a prayer of gratitude for mothers successful surgery and everything He has been doing in my life. After the Prayer it was already past 6 so I went to the dispenser and took a class of water to break the fasting.
I rushed downstairs and was lucky because if I had delayed a bit more Mr. Akin would've locked me inside. As I was rushing to go meet him up there is no simple way to describe what I am feeling right now. Excitement because of the untold fun he is to give me, fear that he might not be there waiting for me, uncertainty because he might or not be Mysterio, adding all these together I am really super excited.
"You came back" he said with a beautiful smile and I return the gesture because no one on earth could resist this bundle of cuteness standing before me.
"Wouldn't miss it for the world" I said feeling really really happy, this is a feeling I thought I have lost since Henry introduced himself as Mysterio, who knew a random encounter will bring it all back

A/N: bundle of cuteness,

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hmphf! Interesting more please
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2020
mhizv:

Not just flaunting his wealth. I guess he probably found out about about her from him or some other way. How did he know she had a Mysterio?
Probably the reason his so eager to bed her.
Dear with the turn out of things, i am speechless, i still feel there's a someone who pried into another someone's life and got information and blah blah and blah blah. But lets be watching sha... I don't want to conclude on my own. Lets wait for oga to come.

#weldone_op#
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 3:21pm On May 01, 2020
Chapter 20
We walked to the nearest eatry, our footsteps was in sync as if we praticed it. I wish i met him longer.
"So what will you eat?" he asked.
"I am craving for some vegetable soup" I said feeling it will bring us together.
"I am also in the mood for some vegetable" he said and ordered for the both of us.
"So what's the history behind your name" I asked because it's not everyday type of name.
"Well my mother is a huge Romance novel fan, so the novel she was always reading when she was pregnant for me, the protagonist name is Alfa"
"You really have an awesome name"
"Don't sweat it dove" he winked
"So who did you think I was" I asked just to be sure.
"A girl name Rose" he turns to me "you work at Juvango so you might know her"
"I might know her if you describe her" I said resisting the pain in my heart.
"Well I don't know much about her physical appearance, she sounds a lot like you, loves Naruto just like I do" he stopped as our food got served.
"And she makes wonderful foods" he added.
"Have you eaten her food?" I asked but already feeling proud
"No, I haven't even seen her, she once mistakenly sent me a message and from there we got really close" he washed his hands so did I.
"You haven't seen her but you know she makes good food"
"Yes she always send me the picture of what she made" we have now started eating.
"So why haven't you met her up, because the way you are talking about her you really care about her" I said already filling my tummy, I never knew how hungry I am.
"For some weird reason I kept refusing to see her"
"Well you can call her now" I said with a mouth full.
"Easy there Bunny" he chuckled.
"Bunny?" I asked.
"Well you two front teeth are big and you're really cute making you a bunny" this is the first time someone has commented about my two front teeth and for some reason instead of feeling insulted I felt more attracted to him.
"Well I can't call her, I lost my phone and I not good with number so I can't remember her number no matter how much I tried" he took a deep breath showing his regret
"Then I did welcome back and installed my WhatsApp but was unable to retrieve old messages because I don't do backup. I have always waited for her to message me back but she didn't, I am still waiting and she hasn't" he turned to me and the pain in his eyes is suffocating.
"Are you crying bunny?" he asked with a low tune making his husky voice sound sexier.
"No" I wiped off my tears "something got into my eyes" I never knew I was crying.
"Why do you think it's the reason why she hasn't called" I asked.
"We had a misunderstanding, I was in a shitty mood so I ended saying everything wrong" he washed off his hands, not only him because even I have lost my appetite.
"I just want to talk to her once, ask her forgiveness, tell her that I am sorry, that she is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me in a long time. Hell I am even blaming myself for hiding my identity, now I think the reason why I hid my identity doesn't matter anymore".
"Why did you hid your identity?" I asked.
"I am someone that always whatever that matters to me, so I was afraid I will lose her once she knows me. I guess I still lost her even with all my precaution" he exhaled looking tired.
"I am sorry" I said knowing that I have messed up.
"Don't sweat it bunny, it ain't your fault"
"Why are you not angry, if she really cares she would've called and not stop calling or texting just because you stopped" I am so stupid.
"Well at first I was angry then sad but right now I will give anything to hear her voice"
"Is her voice that good?" I said smiling then wiped my tears before it fell.
"Yes it's heavenly, it fills a whole inside me, a whole that has been inside me since I can't remember" he turns to me "you really sound like her"
"I guess I am a guardian Angel sent to you to entertain you in her stead"
"Guardian Angel" he gave me his throaty laughter once again.
"She once called me that"
"Well I can be that" I said, it's already getting late.
"It's getting late, can I walk you home?" He asked.
"I would love that, but I will take a tricycle home"
"I can just..." I didn't let him finish.
"Every good thing has an end" I said because I am already feeling guilty hearing all this.
"Ok, can I have your number? I know its cliche but I don't mind" he said with a shrug.
"Well, I don't mind but how about we meet once again on Monday at this place after work and share a dinner like we just did. I will give you my number after it perhaps"
"Well I guess it's more awesome, alright let me lead you out" he said and paid for our meal and we both walked out.
"How time flies" he said as we both stood outside waiting for a tricycle.
"I will be going then" I said as I stopped a tricycle and he beeds me farewell.
As the driver drove off I brought out my phone and sent a message to Henry.
*We need to talk*
I really need to hear his explanation and how he found out about Mysterio, I already have a million scenario inside my head. I smiled as I remember his laughter, Henry is handsome but there is nothing more to him, Alfa is handsome knot, the more of him you untie the more beauty you see. He captivates with his smile, charm you with his eyes, infects you with his laughter, make you marvel at his cuteness and boy does he make you sweat with his husky voice making you imagination turn unpure. He is more than everything I imagined and the feeling he gives me is beyond words, I don't know how long I can resist this feelings

Click on the link below to read awesome free stories.
www.kingsworld7..com

7 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by mychiveous(f): 4:00pm On May 01, 2020
Am glad she met the real mysterious. Before doing bedmatics with Henry.
Re: Wrong Number by jibrilaminum: 5:17pm On May 01, 2020
Smiles...
I guess I'm beginning to unravel the puzzle here bro!
It appears to me that Henry got to know about Rose via Mysterio, possibly by eavesdropping on every conversation they had. Little wonder he requested her to delete his supposed old number for a new one, so she can permanently get rid of her prince charming!
It is quite interesting too as rumours circulating in Juvago had it that he isn't the real CEO. This leaves me with no better conclusion other than the fact that they are twins, otherwise, Mr Akin would had raised an alarm ab initio!
Finally, Henry is trying as fast as he can to uncug her lid before she eventually discover he isn't her mysterio! That I supposed would be her paid debt for her mother's medical bill.
How true could my imagination be? Only time would tell!
Kudos to your story too!!!

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 7:36pm On May 01, 2020
Weldone bro, more grease to your elbow
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 10:27pm On May 01, 2020
Kudos to your story too!!![/quote.
Jibril..
We've got same thoughts there..
i really would love to hear henry's explanation though, maybe his repaying alfa for something done years ago. What a life. I hope he doesn't try something silly when he learns of rose meeting with alfa and knowlegde of the truth.

ROSE! ROSE! ROSE!
How many times i call you? meet henry in an open area, i won't repeat my self o. E get why!!
#weldone_op#
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 1:17am On May 02, 2020
Khriztarl:
Kudos to your story too!!![/quote.
Jibril..
We've got same thoughts there..
i really would love to hear henry's explanation though, maybe his repaying alfa for something done years ago. What a life. I hope he doesn't try something silly when he learns of rose meeting with alfa and knowlegde of the truth.

ROSE! ROSE! ROSE!
How many times i call you? meet henry in an open area, i won't repeat my self o. E get why!!
#weldone_op#

I swear. This one he's been trying to bed her.
Would be painful if something goes wrong. Hopefully she tells Mysterio. Obviously he can settle the debt and Henry won't have anything to use against her.

Let's see sha
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 1:04pm On May 02, 2020
mhizv:

I swear. This one he's been trying to bed her.
Would be painful if something goes wrong. Hopefully she tells Mysterio. Obviously he can settle the debt and Henry won't have anything to use against her.

Let's see sha
i don't trust Rose in telling mysterio anything o.. From the outset she's already playing hide 'n seek, she would want to handle everything her own way.
i don't want to conclude yet, lets just read and see.

Bytheway,
have you ordered for popcorn?
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 1:06pm On May 02, 2020
Ann2012:
Hmmmmm, who is Henry?
Henry is looking more like a twin of somebody to me.
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 1:27pm On May 02, 2020
Khriztarl:

i don't trust Rose in telling mysterio anything o.. From the outset she's already playing hide 'n seek, she would want to handle everything her own way.
i don't want to conclude yet, lets just read and see.

Bytheway,
have you ordered for popcorn?

She should o. Henry might do something unreasonable.

And yes I have. smiley
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 1:33pm On May 02, 2020
mhizv:

She should o. Henry might do something unreasonable.
And yes I have. smiley
smiley A Minute. I would get chilled coca cola for everyone in this room.
Re: Wrong Number by Ann2012(f): 7:42pm On May 02, 2020
Khriztarl:

Henry is looking more like a twin of somebody to me.

Hopefully, we'll get to know that in the next episode as the OP will do some unveiling for us.
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 10:41pm On May 02, 2020
Ann2012:

Hopefully, we'll get to know that in the next episode as the OP will do some unveiling for us.
Hopefully, Ann hopefully.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by veenessha(f): 9:46am On May 03, 2020
Please come and update, the suspense is getting to me
Re: Wrong Number by Aforke27: 6:11pm On May 03, 2020
Op you got me glued to my phone since morning. great job. I'm glad I came across this. please I want some more updates.
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 8:21pm On May 03, 2020
Chapter 21
I was unable to hear from Henry on Saturday he didn't return my text and no call so I guess he is not back yet. I spent my time chatting with my Brothers, we have a whatsapp group chat where we communicate, I am glad my mom is awake, she has to stay longer to be monitored before coming back to Nigeria. I took my time to think about Henry and Alfa, I wonder the connection between the both of them, maybe they're brothers and Alfa told Henry about me or something like that, a thousand scenario ran through my head. I wanted to chat Mysterio up again but I decided to wait till Monday in order not to make rash decision.
He is really more than I expected, the way he gives a side glance when he says something trying to see your reaction, it's so cute, his smirk is sexy. Don't get me started on his voice and his laughter, his looks is better than a model, I can't imagine how many girls that will be trying to get him in this company.
My entire weekend was filled with imagination of Alfa that I could barely wait for Monday, I will also confront Henry so Monday is a day to look up to. I arrived early at work so Henry wasn't here yet, I made arrangement of the drink I will sell today and then waited for Henry, he always come before I leave.
I went to his office 5 minutes I saw him drive in, I waited 5 to allow him settle in
"Beautiful Dove" he said the moment he saw and I despised the way he called me dove, now I know why it never sounded nice in his mouth, he is just an imitation.
"You're not Mysterio" I stated not ready to beat around the bush, I know I owe a lot to h but I am not the type that comprise my happiness, Alfa taught me that.
"You met Alfa?!" he said and jerked up his seat, he didn't even try to hide it, I guess I took him by surprise.
"Yes" I deadpanned.
"When did it happen and what did you tell him?"
"On Friday and I didn't tell him anything, I just wanted to meet you first to clear things out and you just made things crystal clear"
"Well, you're now feeling proud and think yourself a great detective, I don't even want to hear how youet him and how you knew it was him. All I want to tell you is you should never tell him you're his little Dove" he said in very low threatening tune making me question my actions
"And if I don't?"
"Need I remind you that your mother is in my care and you own be a buck load of money, just a phone call and your mom will be lost forever.....aaaah and Chuks" he said with a sinister smile and my world went dark.
"You wouldn't" I said with tears forming in my eyes already.
"Dare me" he smirked.
"Why would you go to such length?" I asked as my feet feels wobbly.
"Well Alfa took everything from me so I am paying him back by taking everything from him" he said and sat on his table looking intimidating, I never noticed how cruel he looks.
"Then how does that involve me"
"He always talk about you, gosh he wouldn't shut up"
"Talking about me doesn't mean anything" I cried.
"He is my best friend I have known him almost all his life, Alfa is not a talker, so whenever he talks about something or someone that means he values it, and I have never seen him talk about anyone or anything like he talks about you, not even Mirabel" he said the last part with much anger.
"He is your best friend and you want to play such game with him, I am just a girl and my family means everything to me"
"You don't get? He loves you like no other and he is man that you can take anything from because he values nothing, so it's a rare opportunity for me that you came, I will take you away from him and make him feel the same despair that I felt". I have no idea what happened between them but I don't want to be used as a pawn.
"Please" I begged kneeling down, he came closer to me.
"What boyfriend would I be if I let you kneel and cry" he hushed me and wiped my tears "don't worry you won't get hurt neither will your family if you do as I say" he said and I nodded since I am utterly powerless against him. He moved closer to kiss me and I am too weak to resist, I felt and invisible chain holding me down and I can only suffer the disgrace, I closed my eyes as I prepare to welcome the torture but the door flew open instantly.
"Business and pleasure isn't that against the rule" I heard the same husky voice and I was relieved but it was just lived as it changed to terror as I think of how he will judge the situation.
"Come on this is not just any pleasure this is my girlfriend" Henry said with a different demantor, he is being friendly with him.
"Wow, you never told me" He said and I can imagine his smile even with my back against him.
"Well we just started recently" Henry then took my hand "come dear say hello to my best friend, Alfa" he twirls me around and I stood face to face with Alfa, slowly his beautiful smile died down.
"Chioma" my name left his lips.
"Alfa" I responded with the same emotions.
"Oh, you guys already met" Henry broke the little silent I just shared with Alfa an I glared at him.
I don't understand him, Alfa is his best friend but why does he want to make him suffer and why does he think Alfa values me above everything, why does it has to be me.
"So what brings you to the company" Henry asked Alfa.
"Well I was hoping to meet a particular Bunny" he said after a little hesitation and it crushed my heart, I can just blurt out everything but that means I will never see my family again.
"Bunny? You always a wierdo" Henry blurted and Alfa scoffed still had his eyes glued on me making it impossible to look up.
"Well it's no longer possible, have a nice day with your girlfriend" he said with a smile but I don't need a soothsayer to know it's a fake smile. He left after his well wishes.
"Well, you didn't reveal our secret and wow you lied about your name" Henry accused.
"Chioma is my name, I didn't lie"
"You didn't say the truth either" it pains me how right he is, he smiled as he felt the victory.
"I know you're thinking of contacting your family and telling them everything" he went back and sat down "well imagine telling a woman that had a major heart surgery that her life is just a pawn and her treasured family is not safe, oh the pressure will kill her instantly" he mocked me with a fake pity.
"You are manipulative bastard" I cried.
"I am just driven" he said and wave me to leave his office.

A/N: sorry for the delay guys I was unable to sub. I will try harder. Thanks for the comment and I see all your assumptions, its fun to read. Make more assumptions guys, let's know who can predict it well

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 8:46pm On May 03, 2020
I still feel she should involve Mysterio though embarassed
But when it involves people you love been in danger,I guess we just do what we feel is right,to save them.
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 8:53pm On May 03, 2020
Kingpaul07

Is the story complete already? And can I buy it?
cry
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2020
mhizv:
Kingpaul07

Is the story complete already? And can I buy it?
cry

Sorry dear, it's not yet complete, I will be faster
Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2020
Following you keenly
Re: Wrong Number by Aforke27: 10:46pm On May 03, 2020
thanks op for the update
Re: Wrong Number by GreatResearcher1: 7:36am On May 04, 2020
mhizv:
King Paul
Is the story complete already? And can I buy it? cry
Check ur mail
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 9:24am On May 04, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Check ur mail

Wait do you want to send her a story that I have not even completed or you just want to send her another wrong number
Re: Wrong Number by GreatResearcher1: 9:44am On May 04, 2020
Kingpaul07:

Wait do you want to send her a story that I have not even completed or you just want to send her another wrong number
None of the above
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 9:50am On May 04, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Check ur mail

Done that.
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 11:33am On May 04, 2020
Chapter 22.
I spent my whole day as a ghost, I did all my sale as a robot, worst when I came back to the office to close for the day everybody has started calling me Chioma and I knew who made it possible.
"Did you ask everybody to start calling me Chioma?" I asked with a weak voice.
"Yes, that's how powerful I am" he always love to flex his money and power "besides I don't want him to hear people calling you Rose" he said with a shrug as if it's the most normal thing.
"Why are you this wicked" I asked again
"I already told you, I am just driven" he replied.
No need asking what drives him because it's vengence, I wonder what Alfa did to deserve such plot from a best friend. I left his office to go arrange my things and go home.
"I don't know what you're playing at that even the C.E.O is asking us never to call you Rose again" Timi hissed at me.
"You so jealous my position thinking its a bed of roses, what I will give to switch places with you" I said and left before getting a reply from her.
I walked downstairs and slowly walked to the eatry we ate last time, we agreed to come back here again but I know it's no longer possible since to him I am his Bestfriends' Girlfriend. I felt tired so I went to the corner we used last time and took a seat, thank God it's empty.
"What can you bring for you" the servant boy asked, I looked at him for a while before deciding, I know it must have been weird to him
"Vegetable soup" I have no appetite but I will feel closer to him if I eat this once more.
It didn't take long for the food to be served, I kept staring at it, my tears are all dried up but the pain is getting worse.
"You don't eat by starting, besides eating the same soup is boring" I heard his familiar voice and I jerked my head up.
"You're here" I am beyond surprise.
"Wouldn't miss it for the world" he said smiling, I can feel my pain easing up just by his presence.
"I will eat rice today, so no vegetable for me today" he said and ordered rice after seating opposite me, we are using the same table but unlike the last time we are seating opposite each other.
"I thought you wouldn't come, you know after finding out I dating your friend but here you are" I said with a tender look.
"I too was afraid you wouldn't come after finding out I am your boyfriends' bestfriend, but here you are" he raised his left eyebrow making him super hot.
"Yes here we are" I said.
"Let's eat I am famished" I laughed and we started eating, we felt so normal with each other, like we have been doing it all our lives. We talked about our day mainly about my sales and customers, have missed talking to him about everything and anything, I wish I can tell him about the current situation.
"This looks strong" he said with his attention on my soup, he has already finished his rice.
"What do you mean?" I asked after he finish washing his hands.
"This" he said and quickly took my meat, he threw it into his mouth before I could react.
"That's not fair" I pouted.
"You have two more, don't be a stingy bunny"
"Long throat" I stuck my tongue out and he chuckled.
"Waste more time and I will leave you with only one meet" he threatened and I took the two meet at once. It is a bad choice because they are too big for my mouth, making him laugh at me.
"You are so cute Bunny, if you end up with Henry I will be godfather to a bunch of cute babies" he said laughing but I fail to share his enthusiasm, I just giggle to hide my sadness.
"You came late, why" I pointed an accusing at him
"Well you are right, I would have gotten here early if I didn't miss my way" he shrugged.
"What, you missed your way?" I am dumpfounded.
"Yes, I can't remember if we took the left side or the right side and I can't even remember what the store looks like. I have even walked past here like 5 times"
"What, that absurd, its not even far from the company"
"Yes it's not, I decided to come in here and try luckily I found you" I remember him saying he lacks all sense of direction. Believe it this just added another level to his infinite level of cuteness.
"So what if you came inside this store and didn't find me?" I asked already feeling like the only girl in the world.
"Well I will have to enter every every then" he said with a shrug.
"Wow"
"Don't feel so high, I am just a determined human being, like if I am determined to kill a lion consider it dead" he praised himself.
"Hmmm, egomaniac" I hiseed and he smiled.
"You're worth every energy wasted" the looks he has now made my knee weak and I gushed.
"Stop" I whispered with my head down to hide the blush I have now, it's definitely a bad idea to be locked up in tge same room with him.
"What did you say" he asked and I waved it.
"So about your Rose, why were you in a bad mood the day you guy quarrelled" I asked trying to shift the attention from me, but I am still Rose so tge attention is back to me.
"Well that was July 14th, that was my birthday"
"Wow, are you angry he didn't wish you a birthday" hell how would I have known.
"Nope, she doesn't know, I am in a bad mood because that's the same day my mom died, she does giving birth to me" he said making a galloping sound with his fingers.
"That's..." I was speechless as I felt a knife cutting deep into my heart.
"Ten years later my Dad died in car crash on the same day while he was on his way back to be with me on my birthday. Now I also lost Rose on that same day, we lost Mirable too on July just a week before 14th when I was 18. I guess July is just a bad month for me, every year I am messed up on that week and pray it doesn't come at all." He said and the pain written on his face is too excrutiating.
"I am sorry, So sorry" I said with tears already flowing, I thought they are dried up.
"Don't sweat it bunny, I have learnt how to smile through pain" he said with a sad smile and it doesn't suit his personality at all. I want to hug him and tell him everything will be alright.
"Aaah, the day has slowly chameleon to night" truly it's night already but I don't want to leave his company, he needs me as much as I need him.
"You will soon be going, so can I have your number this time"
If I give him my original number, he will find out about me being Rose, so I gave him my second number that is not registered in WhatsApp.
"I will call you bunny" he said and I nodded. He paid for our food and I made him promise to let me handle the next bills.
"Good night bunny" he said as I am about to board the bus, it's already late so only few tricycle are around.
"Because you've walked in the darkness you will be able to see even the smallest silver of light. The world needs people like you" I said as I felt the urge to comfort him with a quote like he always did in the past with me.
"Wow, who knew my bunny makes nice quote"
I was filled with pride not because of the quote but because he said My Bunny, just like I call him My Mysterio he just claimed me.
"Your Bunny has a lot of other qualities" I said with a fast ass blush, luckily the night hid it well.
He was about to say something but the driver cuts him off with his horn, impatient human being.
"Good night Bunny" he said and nudged me inside.
"Good night Alfa" I said and the driver took off, he stood there waving at me, I nearly jumped out of the car when I saw a girl approached him.

A/N: Quote of the day: Because you have walked in the darkness you will be able to see even the smallest silver of light.

So who is this Mirable?

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 12:17pm On May 04, 2020
Please, don't ever make chioma bleep henry. Am pleading, please.
Rose take things easy until your mum returns. undecided #team_alfrose cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Folk Tales / Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.