Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money (676 Views)

I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money / Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by 2buffagain(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
I posted this in romance section, but I think more realistic responses will come from this forum. Enjoy and please share your thoughts.
You can also go to the romance section to respond
https://www.nairaland.com/5763544/make-sure-marry-woman-makes

Gentlemen. The reality of living in the 20th century has changed, and so must every notion formed from previous days that no longer hold weight today.

Women are not the only ones who should be asking what you do.
You should also be asking her what she does....and guaging her wifeability from her response.
Nobody likes to suffer...yourself included. So why sign up for a lifetime of every financial request of your immediate family (and possibly both your extended families ) coming to just you alone?

Gone are the days where families survived on one income alone.
Those days, houses in Nigeria used to cost #5M or less.
These same houses now cost well over #30M.
I can bet your income did not also inflate 6x over the same time.

The reality is that you need a wife who also brings something home, and honestly it should hopefully be around the same (or more God willing) of what you pull in.
This way one person's income can cover the family stuff and the other person's income goes towards savings/investments/emergencies/joblessness buffering/ etc. Your family will go farther and you can even both retire earlier if this is done right.

Also Naija guys please, have some respect for yourself.
If you meet a girl and she has the mental configuration of always wanting money from you, just know that is not the one.
As a sister here once said, "A girl who truly likes you, won't ask you for money...unless it's bad and you are her last resort."
Na woman talk am. Believe that sister. Peep that one game from her, and most of you will be alright.
If a girl really likes you, she'll be too busy trying to think of ways to be an asset to your life or impress you...not a taker.

Get you a girl who makes her money with a good source of income and who understands that her income is to be included in plans.

You have been told.
You should be done with your broke girl phase right about now (much like how women should be done with their bad boy stage).
It does nothing for your life.

NOTE: I am not saying go and marry an idiot because she makes money....obviously.
You are still looking for a good wife, who just ALSO happens to be equipped with income and/or good income prospects.

4 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by frankkydee(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
2buffagain:
I posted this in romance section, but I think more realistic responses will come from this forum. Enjoy and please share your thoughts.
You can also go to the romance section to respond
https://www.nairaland.com/5763544/make-sure-marry-woman-makes

Ok noted
Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by cococandy(f): 12:09am On Mar 31, 2020
How many men can truly afford to provide? 100% provision including wants not just needs?
It goes without saying that they will look for someone who can make money too. As they have been doing for ages and more so in recent times.
It’s not a bad thing. I recommend it too.
Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by 2buffagain(m): 12:28am On Mar 31, 2020
cococandy:
How many men can truly afford to provide? 100% provision including wants not just needs?
It goes without saying that they will look for someone who can make money too. As they have been doing for ages and more so in recent times.
It’s not a bad thing. I recommend it too.

LOL sis, you should go to the romance thread and see how some naija men are vehemently against this.
They feel that your ilk will become demons upon any kind of earning, and they also believe that the only way a woman can make it outside of the home is by thotting.

It's a comical thread at this point. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by cococandy(f): 12:29am On Mar 31, 2020
Those are children. They will learn cool

2buffagain:

LOL sis, you should go to the romance thread and see how some naija men are vehemently against this.
They feel that your ilk will become demons upon any kind of earning, and they also believe that the only way a woman can make it outside of the home is by thotting.

3 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Christmasdon(m): 12:51am On Mar 31, 2020
cococandy:
Those are children. They will learn cool

Very soon you won't know what hits you. why make such oddity comment. how dare you. just think b4 you spew thrash. come on! huh.

2 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by YourCoffin: 4:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Christmasdon:
Very soon you won't know what hits you. why make such oddity comment. how dare you. just think b4 you spew thrash. come on! huh.

She is correct oga

2 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Mindlog: 6:02am On Mar 31, 2020
2buffagain:

So they feel insecure around the thought of women who earn their own income legitimately and would most times have a sense of self identity? Maybe they grew up seeing their female relatives earning through thotting and it became normalized to the extent they are convinced that is the only way a woman can earn.

Parents should raise their daughters to see the need to be economically active before getting married as making money is not gender specific.

2 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by nuelyoyo(m): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2020
I can't marry a lady who doesn't earn her own income, even if I meet you as someone who doesn't earn, you should be willing to be empowered to earn.
Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 31, 2020
Yeah, women should have their own money, good job and investments before marrying, having no money brings disrespect in the long run, just in case your husband decides to throw you out with only your Ghana must go bag you would have money/means to start a new life.

2 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2020
Christmasdon:
Those boys in romance section are still unmatured. Some of them their brain has being in social distance from them since birth.
Yes, I said it. wink

1 Like

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by bdchange(m): 7:58am On Mar 31, 2020
So many wives are enduring miseries in their marriage currently because they have no income of their own, so they can't pack up and leave the marriage because of hunger that will kill them and the children in case they decide to go with them. Women should understand that by now you need to work and not totally depend on your husband for your own sake and not for your husband's. I pity some house wives when I see their husband brings in almost 90% of the income because they have nothing to bring and they choose to remain like that. Such wives can endure both physical, emotional and mental abuse from erratic men because they have no where else to go since they are too dependent on their husband.

2 Likes

Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Amanee(f): 8:03am On Mar 31, 2020
You guys are just waking up grin grin

Better late than never anyways
Re: Family Version: Men, Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by lalasticlala(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2020

(1)

Would You Pay A Premarital Coach? / H / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.