Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,030 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 (1684 Views)

200 Cuban Doctors Land In South Africa To Fight Coronavirus (Pictures) / Coronavirus: South Africa Reports First Case Of Deadly Virus / Coronavirus: South Korea Sends Presidential Plane To Evacuate Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Fuckkthemod: 7:52am On Mar 31, 2020
Government is to launch a massive house-to-house Covid-19 screening campaign in the coming weeks as the fight against the deadly virus enters its next phase.

The testing programme, which will be carried out by 10 000 field workers visiting people at home, was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa on Monday night in a televised address to the nation.

Ramaphosa said that the death toll from the pandemic had risen to three, with a total of 1 326 confirmed cases reported to the command council, which he chairs.

The president said South Africa was now entering a new phase in the fight against Covid-19 and the government would be rolling out a screening, testing, tracing and monitoring programme on a “huge scale”.

A total of 10 000 field workers would visit homes around the country scanning people for Covid-19 symptoms. Those found to have symptoms would be referred to clinics for testing. People with moderate symptoms would be treated at home or at Covid-19 facilities, while those with serious symptoms would be transferred to hospitals.

Ramaphosa said a mobile tracing system to track those who had come into contact with infected people and to monitor new cases would be set up, while a number of mobile testing centres would be set up during April.

Turning to the 21-day lockdown imposed from last Friday, Ramaphosa said it was “absolutely necessary to save the lives of thousands, even tens of thousands, of our people”.

He said while most people had co-operated with the 18 000 security personnel deployed to enforce the lockdown, some had still not understood the severity of the threat posed by the virus.

He conceded that “mistakes” had been made in how the lockdown had been implemented, but that the system would be improved as time went on.

Ramaphosa called on people to stay in their homes for the next 17 days and to “do everything you can not to get infected and not infect anyone else”.

“Every time you violate regulations or try to get around the rules you are putting yourselves and others at risk and helping to spread the virus,” he said.

He added that the government would take further steps to assist small businesses and self employed people who were losing their incomes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by OdefaGirl(f): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2020
This is a great step...it will really help.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Iyiataata92: 8:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Good for them.
Good for the world.
Together, we will defeat coronavirus

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Johnames: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:
Government is to launch a massive house-to-house Covid-19 screening campaign in the coming weeks as the fight against the deadly virus enters its next phase.

The testing programme, which will be carried out by 10 000 field workers visiting people at home, was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa on Monday night in a televised address to the nation.

Ramaphosa said that the death toll from the pandemic had risen to three, with a total of 1 326 confirmed cases reported to the command council, which he chairs.

The president said South Africa was now entering a new phase in the fight against Covid-19 and the government would be rolling out a screening, testing, tracing and monitoring programme on a “huge scale”.

A total of 10 000 field workers would visit homes around the country scanning people for Covid-19 symptoms. Those found to have symptoms would be referred to clinics for testing. People with moderate symptoms would be treated at home or at Covid-19 facilities, while those with serious symptoms would be transferred to hospitals.

Ramaphosa said a mobile tracing system to track those who had come into contact with infected people and to monitor new cases would be set up, while a number of mobile testing centres would be set up during April.

Turning to the 21-day lockdown imposed from last Friday, Ramaphosa said it was “absolutely necessary to save the lives of thousands, even tens of thousands, of our people”.

He said while most people had co-operated with the 18 000 security personnel deployed to enforce the lockdown, some had still not understood the severity of the threat posed by the virus.

He conceded that “mistakes” had been made in how the lockdown had been implemented, but that the system would be improved as time went on.

Ramaphosa called on people to stay in their homes for the next 17 days and to “do everything you can not to get infected and not infect anyone else”.

“Every time you violate regulations or try to get around the rules you are putting yourselves and others at risk and helping to spread the virus,” he said.

He added that the government would take further steps to assist small businesses and self employed people who were losing their incomes.
Big brother,well done for the good work you have been doing so far, God will replenish your pocket.bros I need help also, am financially down right now, and am not too sound, I need to get drugs from the pharmacy,please if u can help I will be very grateful sir.6320842040 fidelity.
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Fuckkthemod: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2020
Johnames:
Big brother,well done for the good work you have been doing so far, God will replenish your pocket.bros I need help also, am financially down right now, and am not too sound, I need to get drugs from the pharmacy,please if u can help I will be very grateful sir.6320842040 fidelity.

Okay I’ll get back to you

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Johnames: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

thanks for your response,i will be following
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2020
Please sir I have been pleading since on that post you made Av pleaded with the lady incharge of the list even if it is money for my baby food I really appreciate please God will bless you abundantly even before your need arises God will supply them in abundance please 2086467029 UBA
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 07, 2020
Am a private school teacher and we were not paid for march before the lockdown my neighbor was the one helping my baby with the little she has before she introduced me here that I can always find help here and that there are good people here please help me with anything don't let me starve to death for Gods sake
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 07, 2020
Please sir am still here please help me as well
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
Please sir if i don't need the money I wont be here begging how we are going to manage today I don't know we have till two o clock to go to the market where I reside please look into my case please sir am pleading how we will manage today is what I don't know please help me sir2086467029 uba
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Juzec: 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Bro please I sent you a Pm. Kindly acknowledge it.
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Johnames: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

bro am still amazed by your generosity,only few can do what you are doing, I just want to remind you that am still here,if is possible to get anything from you,so that I can get the drugs I need please sir.
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Fuckkthemod: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
Juzec:
Bro please I sent you a Pm. Kindly acknowledge it.

Chat me on WhatsApp +two,seven,seven,three,six,eight,one,five,eight,four,four

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Loris576(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Hello sir i sent u a message
I don't have data currently
Nothing is too small for me thank you
First Bank
It has not been easy with the family
Thank u
Pls favour me
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by yellowgarri2(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

OK bro
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Juzec: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Alright boss.
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Tessasset(f): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

alright
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Fuckkthemod: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Tessasset:
I would have messaged you on WhatsApp too but it'll be intrusive of me to do so as you didn't post your digits cos of me... Please sir i have been on your mentions since yesterday, even sent a DM

Do pls

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Being001: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Do pls

Boss do I dm too?
I really don’t know how to send a mail on Nairaland. I saw your WhatsApp digits but it will be too personal to dm.

I just need the help boss. You can choose to get my account details from here.

I hope you see this
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Tessasset(f): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Do pls
Alright
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Juzec: 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

smiley
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Do pls
ur no is not registered on whatapp sir
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Lorayne(m): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
d..
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Tessasset(f): 7:56am On Apr 08, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Do pls
Good morning
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Lorayne(m): 7:59am On Apr 08, 2020
Tessasset:
Good morning Sir..you asked me to message you on WhatsApp but the number you dropped seem to be incomplete or not on WhatsApp .. Please look into this as I We await your favourable response. Thanks
grin
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Fuckkthemod: 8:55am On Apr 08, 2020
Tessasset:
Good morning Sir..you asked me to message you on WhatsApp but the number you dropped seem to be incomplete or not on WhatsApp .. Please look into this as I await your favourable response. Thanks

The number is correct and active, am communication with several Nairalanders on WhatsApp now

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by SuperGro98: 9:32am On Apr 08, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

Good morning Sir... I've been following you since you started this Giveaway. I'm seriously in dire need of financial help. My business has not been the same since the beginning of this current situation, and it's hitting me badly.

If you had given the permission that anyone could message you on whasapp, I would have done so. Please help me Sir, it will definitely go a long way.

Thank you
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Being001: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

The number is correct and active, am communication with several Nairalanders on WhatsApp now

Boss good morning. I’ve been following you back to back.

Please will I be considered?
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Tessasset(f): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

I'm sorry it was my phone that didn't display all thr digits...I have sent you a message Sir
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by PWGLTD(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Am vouching for this person!
Op try and send anything to this girl she hawks sachet water here in owerri and since the lockdown she can no longer feed her siblings... She is simply their breadwinner, she was part of those I've been helping but I can't really help her now.
0136422973 ofoegbu Cynthia (gtb)
You can ask for her contact if you wish
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by Tessasset(f): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

.I hope you get to see this today
Re: Coronavirus: South Africa To Begin House To House Testing For COVID-19 by ihimiray(m): 2:16am On Apr 10, 2020
Fuckkthemod:

boss me how far.... U Don trowey me finish.. I just dey Here dey hope but it not forthcoming.... Bros Abeg anything at least

(1) (2) (Reply)

NMA Strike: Simple Questions In The Court Of Public Opinion / 16 Cancer Causing Foods you Probably Eat Everyday / Hospital Management System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.