Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,524 members, 7,854,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister (50214 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / Coronavirus: Nigeria Government Must Close Border Now — NMA / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by blowjohn(m): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Who is still surprised? Abeg make una prepare for the mass burials wen dem already don plan keep.

[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]

Na u be the undertaker abi?

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by SGANIVA(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
are you sure Nigeria have this coronavirus am watching in my TV.am suspecting this people oo

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
DDeliverer:
The corona virus in Nigeria is different from the corona virus in the rest of the world...This is my conclusion!
The coronavirus in Nigeria is caused by corruption- Magu
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
Zenithpeak:
The cost of a ventilator soars from $10,000 to $17,000 in the US and two weeks it skyrocket to $45,000....

The question is, is there any difference between business and wickedness?

Look at food prices in Nigeria...
it is normal economics. The law of demand and supply

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by frowland(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
viccipedia:
No need to buy more, the available ones can be flown all over where they’re needed. Wonderful!
God protect us from evil!

Read again
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Amhappy(f): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
According to WHO aggressive find,isolated,test,treat,trace is the key to defeat this virus. Oga Health Minister you are not doing that. You still don't have enough ventilators and not preparing to get more. What then is your winning strategy Sir?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Mikefame(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
F**k the Apc, F**k their government for real
Covid19 is deadly but hunger and starvation is equally a death sentence.. I mean You sons and daughters of bitches know that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by CasNova(m): 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
.......However, Mr Ehanire said most of the cases handled so far in the country have been mild and as such the country might not need to stock or purchase respirators to manage patients during the outbreak.

It is heartening to hear that most of the cases handled in the country are MILD cases.

Dear people, God is on our side.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by backnbeta(f): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
Why not still buy, even after corona, hospitals still need them undecided

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Luckydubby7(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
I'm yet to understand the type of coronavirus in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Angelfrost(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Who is still surprised? Abeg make una prepare for the mass burials wen dem already don plan keep.

[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]

What exactly are you on about??!.. Most of the cases ought to be in the infective and symptomatic phases, yet no known report of respiratory distresses across the nation... People are even getting discharged with some testing negative.

Aren't you seeing the clear handwriting on the wall??!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
WTF!! The data is too small to conclude, this is stupidity. Countries with thousands of cases are mass producing ventilators and loosing lives because of it. Do we have to wait till then and loose thousands of people. If you have a heart disease, or you're asthmatic or old or have issues with your lungs and get the virus you're going to die! They are warning you on time, they are not ready to buy ventilators!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Warmaterial(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
Our own corona na 9jacorona with different method of treatment in 9ja way... Wetin be d name of the second person wey die for corona sef ? Naija I hail oo

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by aztec: 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
To think that this is coming from the help minister. This is really pathetic. The use of a ventilator often occurs in the context of a MEDICAL EMERGENCY!!! This means that at a moments notice a patient can go into shock and need to be placed on life supporting devices like ventilators.

Now this minister is saying that it is at such time that a ventilator will now be requested to be flown in from say Abuja to Lagos!
I can’t believe i’m hearing this. What happens to the patient that can’t breath during the transit time?
By the time the ventilator arrives the patient is most likely dead or worse brain dead!

We are just synonymous with failure in this country. A ventilator cost N9m meaning that 1,000 ventilators will cost about N9-N10 billion give or take. Let this sink in.
I say this because in a year we spend somewhere between N400billion and N1trillion of fuel subsidy! So it means that the government priorities fuel subsidy to equipping our hospitals to actually save lives.
Even the National Assembly budget is bigger than either education and health budget. We really are a cursed nation! I regret being a Nigerian!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by pennyland(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
I just watched a Nigerian man crying as his daughter is not been attended to at the isolated center as results of Corona virus

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Angelfrost(m): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
DDeliverer:
The corona virus in Nigeria is different from the corona virus in the rest of the world...This is my conclusion!

Hahahahaha... Lol...

Oga sir, na the same virus ojare... It's just that the virus don jam hardened souls who have seen it all!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Galadimabawa: 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
I'm not understanding at all
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Angelfrost(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
medTechworld:
The more i try to understand what is going on in this country, the more confused i become

I gave up a long time ago... Better reserve your brain cells for something better.

This nation is more fvcked than advertised!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by blowjohn(m): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
BigIyanga:
He’s citing US for not having enough even though US has a stockpile of 16k before Covid-19.. other states and cities have stockpile in 1000s..
Also, US is giving $1200/N500k to every citizen.. can Naija give every citizen N20k?

US had 200,000.
They're trying to get up to 800k plus
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by kunmiiii: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
In summary...they are all hinging on the magical thinking built on rainbows that the mild cases they are currently treating remains the same across all boards, and we won't have an overwhelming surge of severe cases as Europe and the U.S.

This is mere wishful thinking that further proves this could easily get out hand if there are overwhelming number of cases. This is troubling and not assuring at all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Angelfrost(m): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Dariye:
This is just another lame excuse to divert funds to other unnecessary things. At the end, we'll hear that billions of naira has been spent with nothing to show for it.

Absolutely nothing... Not a damn thing!!!

These people can't even pretend not to be stealing...

That was how that buffoon in the East was asking for 1 billion too for Corona... Just imagine!!!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by 8stargeneral: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
....but this same man said that they are ready to handle it... that we should not panic.

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Jaqenhghar: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
Reading the comments here I shouldnt be surprised but somehow I am.
Tuere is a pandemic and you are most at risk but what is bothering people is money. Isay this money is the average Niggerian's God.
If I becime oresident I wont build one school or tar one road. Ill just be distributing the money. Everymonth put like 1m in everyone's account let's see
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by KnzMoney(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
This coro is not even as serious In Nigeria as it is in America,Europe,Asia.... Why this useless lockdown. Without a vaccine, Nigerians are getting healed daily... If this lockdown is not lifted, i sense anarchy soon. Crime is already on the rise, just to steal food. Police extorting food sellers, traders, even passer-by... Inflation already setting in, People Are already discussing break-ins.... To be forewarned is to be forearmed... Hunger is far more worse than the cough and catarrh of Corona Virus... I just hope they'll listen before it gets out of hand. Seems they just placed the lockdown to avoid d virus getting to them because they are the old and vulnerable, but unfortunately Who ever is destined to die, will surely die....

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by sizer07: 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hear this drunkard of a man called minister, is it your money, flemzy excuse to tif money ndiala, when other countries are scrambling for ventilators and PPEs.buy e no go rutty.the country even lack adequate ventilators buy and distribute to the various hospitals across the nation.stop spuwing rubbished and disgracing us on national TV.Dan buroba shege

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Jaqenhghar: 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
Amhappy:
According to WHO aggressive find,isolated,test,treat,trace is the key to defeat this virus. Oga Health Minister you are not doing that. You still don't have enough ventilators and not preparing to get more. What then is your winning strategy Sir?
Na you dey reason am like that. The people too are unconcerned. They are more worried about how to make money.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Angelfrost(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
sapientia:
This was how the labour minister said we had enough doctors.

That our doctors can go anywhere they want since we have enough.

How do Buhari select ministers?

Well, if can explain how on earth he is even president to begin with, then you can figure how these clowns became ministers...
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by NairaMaster1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
mistarsam:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/384991-coronavirus-nigeria-may-not-need-many-ventilators-for-patients-minister.html

He's comparing us to a country (italy) with over 100,000 añd preparing for more ventilators.

In Nigeria we have less than 100 ventilators at 200M population.

They will never change. Even this situation will never change them.

Stupid leaders.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by evansjeff(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hausaboy239:
So even if we don’t use it now its not going to be useful in the future??

Upon all the donations that they have received,sometimes when some of our public officers say somethings you start thinking if they were High before making some statements.

But what do you expect from a Health minister that studied accounting?

Forget this government cox they don’t give a shit about you! #Staysafe

Don’t be a f00l, because nobody answers you guys shouldn’t make you feel you have sense. Dr Osagie Ehanire is Surgeon. Stop saying what you don’t know.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by ofiko123(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ok..Mr minister we have heard you..
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by unite4real: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hausaboy239:
So even if we don’t use it now its not going to be useful in the future??

Upon all the donations that they have received,sometimes when some of our public officers say somethings you start thinking if they were High before making some statements.

But what do you expect from a Health minister that studied accounting?

Forget this government cox they don’t give a shit about you! #Staysafe

Always get your facts right not to just sleep hatred. He is not an accountant but a Surgeon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osagie_Ehanire

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by MartinsD12(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
mistarsam:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/384991-coronavirus-nigeria-may-not-need-many-ventilators-for-patients-minister.html
In times like this good country prepare very well for the worse but here is the rubbish a minister is saying, damn shithole country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Scissors Found In Nigeria Pilgrim's Belly In Saudi Arabia (photo) / 148 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2950. 481 discharged. 98 Deaths / My Girlfriends Have Left Me Because I Have Erectile Dysfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.