Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,308 members, 7,853,423 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister (50209 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / Coronavirus: Nigeria Government Must Close Border Now — NMA / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Neddyogu(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
awhybliss:
Imagine If hunger wire person wet dey house, won't he go out to do desperate things to get food? Common sense...
Hunger is a great weapon to cause kerfuffle..
USA economy is better than ours, since we Copy all their steps, why can't we copy them to share money among citizen, xo hunger won't finish people..

Will u eat naira notes?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by xcelentattitude(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
mistarsam:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/384991-coronavirus-nigeria-may-not-need-many-ventilators-for-patients-minister.html

What's up with all these gibberish this man is saying na

The donations they have received so far is enough to buy ventilators for every household in this nation na. But we don't want the ventilator sef, they should just share the money already, we'll take our chances with Covik - one - nine birus grin

You can't get corona if you stay indoors and you need money to stay indoors, lots of it.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by MYHUBBY: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Minister of pains and agony. useless man and his Cow boss

Oloshi people

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by NairaMaster1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
viccipedia:
No need to buy more, the available ones can be flown all over where they’re needed. Wonderful!
God protect us from evil!

They will never change my brother. No lessons to learn, only working on how to divert funds.

I fault those donating money in cash.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by blowjohn(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
aztec:
To think that this is coming from the help minister. This is really pathetic. The use of a ventilator often occurs in the context of a MEDICAL EMERGENCY!!! This means that at a moments notice a patient can go into shock and need to be placed on life supporting devices like ventilators.

Now this minister is saying that it is at such time that a ventilator will now be requested to be flown in from say Abuja to Lagos!
I can’t believe i’m hearing this. What happens to the patient that can’t breath during the transit time?
By the time the ventilator arrives the patient is most likely dead or worse brain dead!

We are just synonymous with failure in this country. A ventilator cost N9m meaning that 1,000 ventilators will cost about N9-N10 billion give or take. Let this sink in.
I say this because in a year we spend somewhere between N400billion and N1trillion of fuel subsidy! So it means that the government priorities fuel subsidy to equipping our hospitals to actually save lives.
Even the National Assembly budget is bigger than either education and health budget. We really are a cursed nation! I regret being a Nigerian!

See ehn our leaders are not visionary at all.
Imagine aba kyari moving from Abuja to lagos becos lagos it's the only place they can get a reasonable hospital to use.
Our hospitals are under extreme stress.
I met a mechanic that was turned back from 3 hospitals in one night in abuja because of availability of bed space and he child who was sickly ended up dying.
Just imagine humans planning on how to be transporting ventilators from one city to the other as if its Olympic torch.
What stops them from buying let's say 5 each for each state in the country?
What the heck is wrong with these people?
Do they smoke weed before coming out to talk or what?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by yeyeosoronga: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Shut up and purchase more ventilators.
You better get ready to spend all the monies contributed in the right quarters and not line your pockets.
The country doesn't even have enough to meet the regular needs of the smallest state in Nigeria, talkmore of this pandemic affecting the nation.
Any that is purchased now will still serve it's purpose even after the pandemic is over, if we're all still alive by then.
Imagine having about only a 100 ventilators for a population of 200million.
May madness strike all the families of these thieves down.
Bastards

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Brunicekid(m): 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Woooowwwww
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Who is still surprised? Abeg make una prepare for the mass burials wen dem already don plan keep.

[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]
Abeg i no wan laff

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by tomdon(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
mistarsam:

He said early detection of cases will help patients not get into the state of requiring a ventilator.

Why not make the information public so that every doctor can assist cos the stories we hear of maltreatment and neglecting patients brought to them is not encouraging
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nukilia: 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
KingsJohnson:
Which goes to support the fact that what Nigerians are suffering from might not be Covid-19, but something different

I said same thing on the other thread but I was almost ripped into pieces! I said they're treating malaria or a different strain of the virus.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by BruncleZuma: 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
sapientia:
This was how the labour minister said we had enough doctors.

That our doctors can go anywhere they want since we have enough.

How do Buhari select ministers?

Tum bum Tum Bum Bus Calabar...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Wrong, after squandering the money, next thing Na to talk rubbish for us for here.
We know what's going on..
Tufapeople
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by blowjohn(m): 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Angelfrost:

Absolutely nothing... Not a damn thing!!!

These people can't even pretend not to be stealing...

That was how that buffoon in the East was asking for 1 billion too for Corona... Just imagine!!!

Lol....that governor funny die!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Yancy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
Somebody wants to give excuses for not spending the donations to improve our healthcare system. Oga please let them buy them ventilators. Even after Covid-19 is gone we will still need them to save lives. Before the outbreak, the entire country had less than 500. Its not bad if we have over 5000. Even the countries he was referring to had way over that number before initiating a mass production. It won't still be a waste afterwards.......

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by todugo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Oyikoha:
Spitting rubbish
THIS GOVERNMENT AND MINISTER ARE TAKING US FOR GRANTED AS IF THE CITIZENS AT LARGE DONT HAVE POWER OR CANT DO ANYTHING, AND THAT WHAT THEY SAY WE SHOULD ACCEPT IT WEATHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT. HOW CAN A MINISTER, SAY THAT WE DONT NEED MORE VENTILATORS, THAT EARLY DICTATION IS THE KEY, MEANWHILE ONLY 200+ HAVE BEEN TESTED,INSTEAD OF DEPLOYING MEDICAL TEST KIT TO VARIOUS HOSPITALS AND CLINICS IN NIGERIA THEY ARE BUSY TESTING ONLY THEMSELVES AND THOSE WITH TRAVEL HISTORY.
TRAGEDY OF A NATION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
What of oxygen masks baba minister
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
awhybliss:
Imagine If hunger wire person wet dey house, won't he go out to do desperate things to get food? Common sense...
Hunger is a great weapon to cause kerfuffle..
USA economy is better than ours, since we Copy all their steps, why can't we copy them to share money among citizen, xo hunger won't finish people..

How much did US share among their citizens?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
# alibi for LOOTING!
too many THIEVES LITTERS this govt!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
# alibi for LOOTING!
too many THIEVES LITTERS this govt!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by bigpicture001: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
We need it in numbers all our general hospitals......
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
CzarChris:
Oluwa!
I know you brought me to Nigeria to help raise this country, but Baba the leaders we have here are practically destroying everything in their wake. Abeg this one pass me, Lord come and intervene in this country, because from what I see this government is preparing for mass burials, but na dem we go bury not the masses.
Guard your children Lord from this vampires.

Amen!!!

Modified: what's hard in asking innoson to mass produce ventilators and keep it in case of the unknown? Or simply mass produce and donate to hospitals around the country?
Bunch of clueless ignoramuses. angry

Exactly what I was thinking. Why not divert all these big big donations coming into the country to buying ventilators. We even have innoson motors ready to manufacture it sef.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by websitegurufix: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
So it will b move to the state that need it... U guys are m*d

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by websitegurufix: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
So it will b move to the state that need it... U guys are m*days.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by stanisbaratheon: 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
You see how an irresponsible government behaves??

So until people start dropping dead you don't need any ventilators. Sad, sad times to be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nigeriapen(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
FG Says We've Started Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households Due To Coronavirus Lockdown

WATCH Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9Sgbf7r_I
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by shekhaz(f): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
Do they need to wait until more patients are in need of the ventilators? Typical Nigerians, we only buy umbrella when it starts to rain. BTW if they are not buying the donated funds should be disbursed to we the masses. That way I can secure one for myself before everything explode : grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by maasoap(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
viccipedia:
No need to buy more, the available ones can be flown all over where they’re needed. Wonderful!
God protect us from evil!

That statement is really shocking! Imagine a minister in a country with less than 200 ventilators saying that a country with over 10,000 ventilators also don't have enough.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by clarocuzioo(m): 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Seun:
If chloroquine is very effective and they are using it, then I guess we will need less ventilators per case.

However, if this is not the case, it means the NCDC is woefully unprepared, the honorable minister is engaging in wishful thinking, and a lot of elderly men and women, young people with diabetes, heart disease, lung disease from smoking or exposure to polluted air and dust, asthma, HIV, or bad luck, are going to die.

Certainly testing and isolation is key to preventing this upcoming calamity, but the government is clearly not yet ready to spend the kind of money it will take to test and isolate infected people at a rate fast enough to contain the disease.

Seun we need more ventilators in this country Corona virus or not.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Emmyxclusive: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
We don't need many ventilators, what we need is trial drugs. China and South Korea was able to come out of this cus they used drugs. UK, Italy and other European countries have higher deaths cus drugs are not allowed due to the fact that no drugs have been approved yet. So if u are sick they just dump u in a ventilator. Abeg make we no follow them oh
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by danwantu: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
BruncleZuma:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Who is still surprised? Abeg make una prepare for the mass burials wen dem already don plan keep.

The above statement is my opinion on this matter, and it's not up for discussion.

The military second eleven orishirishi was not a plan to build or maintain field hospitals but to maintain order and discard corpses.

[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]
There will be no mass burial in Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Warmaterial:
Our own corona na 9jacorona with different method of treatment in 9ja way... Wetin be d name of the second person wey die for corona sef ? Naija I hail oo

Yes it's true, what is the name of the second person that died from corona virus?
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister by Justpassing1: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
....I’m pretty sure some Politicians and “big boys” have ordered personal ventilators ...��.....will turn to an item of show_off ...just like soundproof generators. Aiye le ni Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force / Scissors Found In Nigeria Pilgrim's Belly In Saudi Arabia (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.