Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? (26153 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now – Ohanaeze Begs Buhari FG / Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
hmohammed:

May God not take away the credit that you deserve. Amen
May everyone get the credit they deserve. What special thing is the FG doing? Can you name just one? The ones on the post are all lies. Tests were not conducted on people flying into the country as he claim. Which of the claim there is true?

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Ayoefa: 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wallade:

Bastard American, wetin come concern you for 9ja case. You think say we send your dual citizenship on Nairaland.

Na so you dey abuse your papa for house, Oloriburuku somebody. So many countries have declared border and international flights shutdown, citizens that must enter are subjected to Covid 19 tests and subsequent quarantine. Google is your friend. Iwo omoale jatijati

Dumb mofo,

When did the US started doing ANYTHING about coronavirus? Definitely not before Nigeria. I came to Nigeria at the end of February and there was NOTHING in terms of preparation and precautions at the US airports when was leaving. Nigerian on the other hand were already screening passengers coming in to the country.
Your dumb ass animal must have inherited your stupidity from your father's DNA.
Omo ale ni awon Baba n la Baba e.
STFU and get lost. Done responding to a complete douch bag like you that is devoid of any intelligence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by PassingShot(m): 3:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

Your argument is post hoc ergo property hoc. Wrong!

The timing of Nigeria's cases and theirnvpkume has little to do with any government policy. Let me explain.

Nigeria does not have the number of China inflows the US has. That's not even arguable. But let's dissect this point. As we can agree that the virus came late to Nigeria, how do you trace it back to any act of the government?

What government policy could be credited with this? Surely not the temperature checking?

The late case can be traced down to the relatively low volume of incoming traffic from China - note how all our cases have come from Europe and the US. Since the cases ballooned in those countries, so have cases here increased. That is because we have much higher traffic from there.

Also we can thank China for putting Wuhan on lock down aggressively enough. So really you can't cite the late observation of a case here as evidence of good management at the federal level.

Literally and objectively, the federal government has done only three things:

1. Temperature screening

2. Equipping the NCDC

3. Shutting down the borders

The first one has not successfully detected OR deterred any cases. The second is good enough but could be better. The third was done too late.

Now we are on lock down after weeks of silence from the presidency. So what about the poor and unprepared? State governments are having to mobilize on their own with the help of the private sector.

I challenge you to forget about the cases, forget about numbers. Just point to the particular policy that was implemented to manage this crisis.
Screening at the airport even before we had one case was a big factor in delaying having our first case. Such measure could have deterred carriers from even venturing into Nigeria then.
Contact tracing was another great effort which has been greatly commended by WHO for its effectiveness.
Following up on people who came in from abroad (those who were asked to self-isolate and who actually did) has also been helpful.
Giving money to supp3Lagis state is also a good one by the govt.

Listen, fighting this disease isn't any easy and we have seen that all over the world.

If I may flip the question, which country is the standard example to emulate in this fight?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Excuzeme: 3:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
Luckymama:

And you believe you have shown that you have something upstairs? Resorting to ad hominems just shows that you have nothing to counter. Hate is corrosive. It destroys the person harboring it.

I have made my points in previous post, l am surprised you did not see all those (probably due to conjuctivitis grin ) and that your quote was a reply to his continous insults.
If something there hurts your emotions, too bad, if you want to join, you are welcome otherwise, buzz-off my mention. kiss

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
semuni:

Are you only comparing your self with UK and US, what of countries like North Korea that had only one case and it ended in that one case up till today, are you not aware of that. O boy open your eye don't be deluded by self judgment. Once you have an open-minded the truth WL come to you, this is not a time to start playing with people's life doing the first thing last.

Why are you even talking about North Korea, a repressive and totalitarian government that manufacture it's own news?

The kind of hatred you people have for Nigeria is used to be disheartening, now it's just comedic. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by PassingShot(m): 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
semuni:

As you only comparing your self with UK and US, what of countries like North Korea that had only one case and it ended in that one case up till today, are you not aware of that. O boy open your eye don't be deluded by self judgment. Once you have an open-minded the truth WL come to you, this is not a time to start playing with people's life doing the first thing last.

Not many sane people believe any report coming from NK. China is even doubtful on this.

2 Likes

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Angelfrost(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
PassingShot:

I've been hearing this for more than two weeks.

I actually started hearing that tired line since February...

Some Nigerians are not merely hoping for the worst in all these, but actually looking forward to it!!! Some of them, all in a bid to gloat and critique the government...

Sometimes, I actually sense the average Nigerian was created with less than half a brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Yusuf7777: 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
You are talking of numbers when u dont even have testing equipments. U must be an id*ot guy

2 Likes

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by SmartyPants(m): 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
PassingShot:

Screening at the airport even before we had one case was a big factor in delaying having our first case. Such measure could have deterred carriers from even venturing into Nigeria then.
Contact tracing was another great effort which has been greatly commended by WHO for its effectiveness.
Following up on people who came in from abroad (those who were asked to self-isolate and who actually did) has also been helpful.

Listen, fighting this disease isn't any easy and we have seen that all over the world.

If I may flip the question, which country is the standard example to emulate in this fight?

@ the bolded you can't be serious. grin so you mean the people carrying it around are deliberately doing it? Let's be fair to ourselves.

I dont think we need another country to be an example. Is there anything wrong with Nigeria being the example?

If you must have an example, take Taiwan. Despite being in the epicenter of the crisis, Taiwan is going about it's business while we in Africa are locked down. What did they do? Aggressive travel control measures within the first 5 weeks while other countries were spectating.

4 Likes

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by hmohammed(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
[quote author=nineone post=87993308] May everyone get the credit they deserve. What special thing is the FG doing? Can you name just one? The ones on the post are all lies. Tests were not conducted on people flying into the country as he claim. Which of the claim there is true? [/quote

So keeping you to stay at home to contain the virus is not a good step.

Educating everyone via radio and TV advert is bit good enough

Extending moratorium of government loans is not commendable?

Injecting 1 billion intervention funds to SMEs is a wrong step?

Treating covid patients free of charge and discharging 7 patientsbis not an effort

Oga, fear God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by FARA4GA: 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Luckymama:

Learn to be objective in your criticism. Na only Buhari daughter return from UK? What about Atiku’s son and Davido and his baby mama? Why were they not put into quarantine?
Why was Seyi Makinde so stupid as to call Corona an APC disease? Is he also a dullard?
Stop being blinded by partisan politics and tribal hatred and realize that there are only two parties: the ruling class and the common man. They are all members of the same club and stick together when push comes to shove.

You my dear idiot is the one being blinded. Read the topic of this post, it states Buhari/FG. And your bringing political and tribal differences to the topic further shows how imbecilic you are.

Atiku's son, Davido and Chioma.... Is it not the same FG that should have put them in quarantine or adviced them to self isolate in the first place?

Read and try to comprehend what I wrote.... If you can't, then give it to your parents to translate it to a language you could understand better.

3 Likes

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ayoefa:

Dumb mofo,

When did the US started doing ANYTHING about coronavirus? Definitely not before Nigeria. I came to Nigeria at the end of February and there was NOTHING in terms of preparation and precautions at the US airports when was leaving. Nigerian on the other hand were already screening passengers coming in to the country.
Your dumb ass animal must have inherited your stupidity from your father's DNA.
Omo ale ni awon Baba n la Baba e.
STFU and get lost. Done responding to a complete douch bag like you that is devoid of any intelligence.

Corona Virus: FAAN deploys thermal scanners at airports ON JANUARY 22, 20201:44 PM

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/corona-virus-faan-deploys-thermal-scanners-at-airports/

You are right...Nigeria started screening way back in January, this was feb 4th.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Miracle1991: 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
It's time we address claims by Buharist clowns that because Nigeria has recorded just 2 death and 155 infections because of Buharis good leadership , this is huge lie and we will put an end to it today !!.

My first question I ask is can zombies tell us what the Buhari govt has done well so the Americans can emulate him and learn , the truth is Buhari has done nothing infact pound for pound his performance in this Covid crisis is one of the worst pro rata.

Why does Nigeria actually have lower numbers :

1 : Traveller inflow : in the first two months of 2020 America had already received over 58 million international travellers while Nigeria recieved about 485 thousand passengers , from this statistics you can see America has received over 100 times more people than Nigeria so is more likely to have imported more infected people but when we take the percentage of infect ion per mille we fine out that America has 0.02% per mille while Nigeria has 0.03% per mille which means Nigeria imported more infections per thousand at 155 confirmed cases today and if I go further and use the wild estimations that some 5000 infections might be runnings wild it the brings Nigeria imported infection per mille to over 1% which is a lot

2: Number of test carried out ; another reason why Nigeria seems to be spotting far lower numbers is due to the low number of testing don't compared to America.. America has tested over 135 thousand people while Nigeria as at today has just test slightly over 200 meaning while America is testing over 300 people per a million of it's population Nigeria is test just 2 people per million so Nigeria is likely to see fewer cases .

3 : Low Transmission and lethality ; Another reason why the rates are low in Nigeria is that for some reason the virus has a slower or weaker rate of transmission and lethality in Nigeria and this might be due to a lot of factors like weather , humidity , genetic make up , diet and most probable to me the absence of any active 5g signal above 24Ghz ( this is for smarter folks so average folks can stand down please )

4 Lack of adequate data base requisite for contact tracing : many contacts have not been traced due to poor address systems and inadequate data base of contact thereby making the issue of contact tracing more difficult and making the numbers of confirmed cases lower .

5 : Self Medication : Nigeria is well known for self medication and data seems to suggest that many patients with similar symptoms as COVID has chosen to knock it off as common flu and self medicated their way out of it with the support of their youthful immunity ( twitter is filled with such stories )

6: Youthful population : Nigeria due it's high ratio of youthful population with Youthful immunity might be acting as a stumbling block to the person to person transmission rate in the country as most youth have the capacity ward off COVID infections without even throwing symptoms .

Gentlemen with these few points I hope you can see that there is nothing special the government of Buhari is doing to stem this crisis instead the the Buhari govt has contributed more to escalating it to where it is today in Nigeria with their reckless behaviour of late travel restrictions till their kids got back home and Federal govt aide even going as far as importing infections and spreading it within govt circle ...I must not fail to commend the stellar leadership in this crisis of the Lagos State govt because they set parameters and template for tackling this which other state Govts have quickly mirrored and which has greatly help but as for the Buhari govt I don't see a single special standout thing they did infact they where late to to the table and only came after Lagos had taken the initiative to bear the index case at it's own risk and initiative
the truth is that most of you wailers are not happy to see that we are having lower lethality rate because you are looking for every means to blame Buhari.
I pray that any Nigerian that wish higher lethality rate in Nigeria will be the next casualty IN JESUS NAME.
When Makinde was foolishly playing politics with the viruses I think you guys can see what happened to him.
We should learn to applous our government for good work and criticise them when they are wrong. We should stop playing politics with our lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by MetaPhysical: 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
imhotep:

Sai Mama grin grin grin

cc johnmartus metaphysical

How did you get 28 likes for this comment? sad

Im amazed!

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
So far so good, we are not dying like chicken in Nigeria since the virus get here, I think we are kinda immune to the virus, 9 people have been discharged, I hope many people recover too from the virus

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
It's time we address claims by Buharist clowns that because Nigeria has recorded just 2 death and 155 infections because of Buharis good leadership , this is huge lie and we will put an end to it today !!.

My first question I ask is can zombies tell us what the Buhari govt has done well so the Americans can emulate him and learn , the truth is Buhari has done nothing infact pound for pound his performance in this Covid crisis is one of the worst pro rata.

Why does Nigeria actually have lower numbers :

1 : Traveller inflow : in the first two months of 2020 America had already received over 58 million international travellers while Nigeria recieved about 485 thousand passengers , from this statistics you can see America has received over 100 times more people than Nigeria so is more likely to have imported more infected people but when we take the percentage of infect ion per mille we fine out that America has 0.02% per mille while Nigeria has 0.03% per mille which means Nigeria imported more infections per thousand at 155 confirmed cases today and if I go further and use the wild estimations that some 5000 infections might be runnings wild it the brings Nigeria imported infection per mille to over 1% which is a lot

2: Number of test carried out ; another reason why Nigeria seems to be spotting far lower numbers is due to the low number of testing don't compared to America.. America has tested over 135 thousand people while Nigeria as at today has just test slightly over 200 meaning while America is testing over 300 people per a million of it's population Nigeria is test just 2 people per million so Nigeria is likely to see fewer cases .

3 : Low Transmission and lethality ; Another reason why the rates are low in Nigeria is that for some reason the virus has a slower or weaker rate of transmission and lethality in Nigeria and this might be due to a lot of factors like weather , humidity , genetic make up , diet and most probable to me the absence of any active 5g signal above 24Ghz ( this is for smarter folks so average folks can stand down please )

4 Lack of adequate data base requisite for contact tracing : many contacts have not been traced due to poor address systems and inadequate data base of contact thereby making the issue of contact tracing more difficult and making the numbers of confirmed cases lower .

5 : Self Medication : Nigeria is well known for self medication and data seems to suggest that many patients with similar symptoms as COVID has chosen to knock it off as common flu and self medicated their way out of it with the support of their youthful immunity ( twitter is filled with such stories )

6: Youthful population : Nigeria due it's high ratio of youthful population with Youthful immunity might be acting as a stumbling block to the person to person transmission rate in the country as most youth have the capacity ward off COVID infections without even throwing symptoms .

Gentlemen with these few points I hope you can see that there is nothing special the government of Buhari is doing to stem this crisis instead the the Buhari govt has contributed more to escalating it to where it is today in Nigeria with their reckless behaviour of late travel restrictions till their kids got back home and Federal govt aide even going as far as importing infections and spreading it within govt circle ...I must not fail to commend the stellar leadership in this crisis of the Lagos State govt because they set parameters and template for tackling this which other state Govts have quickly mirrored and which has greatly help but as for the Buhari govt I don't see a single special standout thing they did infact they where late to to the table and only came after Lagos had taken the initiative to bear the index case at it's own risk and initiative

While I agree in principle with the reasons in your post, your data on number of tests carried out is wrong.

From the NCDC situation report of 26th March, 846 people had been screened for the virus in Nigeria. The day before, 25th March, the number of screened people stood at just 262.

This is because NCDC has scaled up it's testing capacity and is recording more successes with contact tracing. By now, I expect the number of people screened to be between 1500 - 2000.

2 Likes

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Gandollaar(f): 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
Itemmanu:
my love no
he just wrote gibberish

Lzaa immhotep imhotep Gandollaar
Helinues is my old toy. You can have him. grin
I'm in love with someone else

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Excuzeme: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

Going by stats and timeline, we have successfully peaked without crisis or devastation because we were prepared, because when Trump was playing gulf, calling the virus a hoax and calling the people talking about the virus instead of testing people and and pouting measures place to fight the virus, Nigeria was testing, successfully treating and discharging infected people.

The fact that we still have 2 deaths and less than 200 infections mean we did something right and we are still doing great.

The calamity you people are hoping and praying for did not happen and still won't happen.

How can nayone be hoping for calamity in its own country, does that make sense to you? Just because others point out flaws in the way they do things does not mean they were hoping for calamity. It is a myopic way of addressing an issue.

Do you have any data to support that bolded part of your post?
- Can you supply data on how many Tests Nigeria have done so far?
- Can you supply data on how many Ventillators and beds we have in place and when it was put in place?
- Can you supply data on how many people transited through our borders from Togo/Cotonou through Ogun state into Lagos,from Chad, Niger and Sudan through Kano and Katsina or from Cameroun through Akwa Ibom?

When a lizard falls from a Palm Tree, it praises itself. grin grin

We will discuss in about two weeks time on this issue but for now, let us just be grateful to God that he gave us some natural advantage,
just like the Black Skin does not wrinkle while the White Skin is full of Wrinkles. undecided undecided
Its is not of our doing or knowledge, it is just the unmeritted favor from God.

Our high temperature, our spicy food, our Genetics, our poverty-induced immune level, etc has given us a natural advantgae which our Govt does not want to acknowledge but wants to boast over its incompetence in handling the matter.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by ItooWorWor(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
imhotep:

There was NO PROPER screening at the airports, that is precisely how FG and El-dullardeen have mishandled the covid-19 pandemic.
Sai Mama

CC lzaa itooworwor metaphysical johnmartus
What do you expect from someone with cow brain grin grin

cc lzaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by rusher14: 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wallade:

Bastard American, wetin come concern you for 9ja case. You think say we send your dual citizenship on Nairaland.

Na so you dey abuse your papa for house, Oloriburuku somebody. So many countries have declared border and international flights shutdown, citizens that must enter are subjected to Covid 19 tests and subsequent quarantine. Google is your friend. Iwo omoale jatijati

But they would not quarantine you if you get into the USA today.

At the very most, your state of residence would request you self-isolate and that's no different from what's happening in Nigeria.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by lielbree: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
This one na question? What stopped FG from closing our boarders early?
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by castro(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nigeria does not have the proper testing kits for the taking of temperature readings does not show carriers who have the virus under the incubation period in their body. With the news of the virus spreading to Europe, how many ventilation equiments and other needed medical equipment did the FG purchase? Have they engaged Nigerian scientists to come up with local production of chloroquine related compounds such as that from dogon yaro plants? If u have a relative suffering from this virus, i'm quite sure that your write would be a lot different from this.

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by ruffDiamond: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
The man fuvk up totally

Someone should sue his narrow fura de nunu arse OFF sad sad angry
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Miracle1991: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
I remember Trump calling the virus a HOAXES. He never believe that the virus is real but some pigs in Nigeria will praise Trump and insult Buhari who is working round the clock to see that we are free from this deadly Corona viruses.
The wailers thought they can reduce Buhari popularity by condemning any of his policies, unfortunately they ended up making Buhari more popular that he can be voted for the third term if the Constitution allow for that.
GOD BLESS BUHARI
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by adeshina86: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2020
@reno all of ubguyz are same...did u guyz build toilet in an hospital talkless of health centre or hospital for 16yrs, becos u are not a direct beneficiary in this govt then u suddenly become the buhari govt led tormentor...neither u or buhari, nor Apc or Pdp are well wishers to this gr8 nation...but 1day u all shall face God...
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by BigIyanga: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
Paid BMC/BMO minions. We requested for border closure early on, they dismissed and called us wailers.
Senate president called for stricter screening at airports and borders , they dismissed and called an ingrate and unpatriotic.
The ruling APC and their cronies travelled abroad , came back and refused to isolate because they’re above the law. They spread this COVID-19 without any emergency plans. Lagos only had 100 bed hospital when an Italian man brought it to Naija. When Abba Kyari and disseminated this virus there were no additional isolation centers and testing centers accross the country.
At the moment, only testing centers in Lago,Ogun and Abj cover less than 20% of the popupaltion.
GMB gave a lockdown order under 24hrs without giving Nigerians enough time and warning to stock up on essentials. He took it seriously when it started affecting his friends and cabal.
He punished Nigerians by not providing relief like money for food and essentials.. ..

Please it’s time to sedate and quarantine your adulation for incompetent and corrupt leadership cos their actions have exposed you and you’r more likely to die from it

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Itemmanu: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
[s]
PassingShot:

Not many sane people believe any report coming from NK. China is even doubtful on this.
[/s]
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by slowice(m): 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
rusher14:

Ordinary close of border to goods people were complaining.

Ordinary lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and Abuja and people are lamenting.

Dude a lock down isn't ordinary, it's probably ordinary to you because you re doing well or not a trader... But this lock down could ve been avoided if fg had closed our international borders earlier

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Itemmanu: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
[s]
PassingShot:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by rusher14: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
slowice:

Dude a lock down isn't ordinary, it's probably ordinary to you because you re doing well or not a trader... But this lock down could ve been avoided if fg had closed our international borders earlier

And to you locking down international borders is ordinary right?
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by idealogical: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

@ the bolded you can't be serious. grin so you mean the people carrying it around are deliberately doing it? Let's be fair to ourselves.

I dont think we need another country to be an example. Is there anything wrong with Nigeria being the example?

If you must have an example, take Taiwan. Despite being in the epicenter of the crisis, Taiwan is going about it's business while we in Africa are locked down. What did they do? Aggressive travel control measures within the first 5 weeks while other countries were spectating.

23 million has about 300 cases and 3 deaths

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-taiwan-death/taiwan-reports-third-coronavirus-death-total-cases-near-300-idUSKBN21H00P

Nigeria: 200 Million, 159 cases, 9 discharged, 2 deaths.

Going by states and population, we are doing better than Taiwan and a lot of countries around the world.

To have 200 million people and still have one of the lowest cases and death ratio in the world while countries with less than 30 million people are struggling with higher numbers is something to be cautiously happy about.

We are actually doing better than Taiwan and regardless of the measures they are nor not taking today, you have no clue about what measures tomorrow will bring.

Before commenting and before you compare us with other countries, do basic research.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by ChelseaDr(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
Covid-19 is a Malian! No respect for nobody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Malam Wada Maida Is Dead / Buhari Condemns Terrorist Attack In Imo, Tells Security Agencies What To Do / 2023: Why PDP Must Not Zone Nigeria’s Presidency To The South – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.