Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy (103736 Views)

Lady Seen Playing Video Game During Child Birth, Spark Controversy / Meet Victoria Elliot, Desmond Elliot's Wife As They Mark Wedding Anniversary / Desmond Elliot Dresses Up As Father Christmas, Visits His Constituency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by chatinent: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
People will always complain even when you buy Jupiter for them, they'll say: 'you bought the biggest and most expensive good-for-nothing planet for us far from the sun, whatever happened to Mercury." Humans are insatiable. Well done, Desmond.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by pyro62(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
Erediauwa:
Even native doctor bucket make sense pass this latrine. grin

And the "notice me" actor is excited to share this pit toilet online.

Appreciate him for his little quota. You didn't do anything and should be ashamed of yourself for criticising someone that has brought out 1naira from his pocket saying it is too small. Arrant nonsense
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by bendazum: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
Weedsmoker:
Mtchewww......me wey no be celeb can even do better than this.

Elliot should take a cue from what the likes of akin alabi is doing for his constituency.

Money money. That's all you people know. Will the virus respect money or sanitized hand?
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
iammo:
tell us what he must do he is a law maker not a governor , his people need make shift means to wash on the street.. what exactly do you sugest.. borehole at all junction with mikano gen and attendants? just hear your views what would you had done

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by ajimotoke(m): 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
Game of politics, Desmind now understand the game than desmond grin grin
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
These buckets will help spread the virus.

Imagine someone gets there, opens the tap with his coronavirus infested hand, thereby depositing the virus on the tap. He washes off the coronavirus on his hands and then touches the coronavirus infested tap again, taking back the coronavirus he had earlier deposited there.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Goodmarlian: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
apasino01:
Nigerians are so hard to please,
If he no do They Go talk
He has done the one he can and they’re still complaining.

But it’s a very funny contribution
Laugh won kill me for here

they are not hard to please they are impossible to please.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by bendazum: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Go abroad and you will appreciate it. .
Come Naija and they develop cave man mentality.

Is it the people or the country?

Who do una?
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by ADsoft(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
Desmond should have just maintain his lane and quarantine this stupid idea or his seemly innovation.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by barnny(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
3verblazing:
ganaja i guess
Alright bro
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by omoiyalayi(m): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
apasino01:
Nigerians are so hard to please,
If he no do They Go talk
He has done the one he can and they’re still complaining.

But it’s a very funny contribution
Laugh won kill me for here

I taya
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by olax02(m): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Atleast for now this is very needful, what of all those audio promises that are hearing without seeing?? grin
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by bendazum: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
These buckets will help spread the virus.

Imagine someone gets there, opens the tap with his coronavirus infested hand, thereby depositing the virus on the tap. He washes off the coronavirus on his hands and then touches the coronavirus infested tap again, taking back the coronavirus he had earlier deposited there.

You don't get it. You wash your hand and finally use sanitizer on it.

Don't you know sanitizer?
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
A lot of foolishness here. There is a shortage of genuine hand sanitizer, a proliferation of fake and sunstandard imitations. It has been advised that you wash your hands for 20 seconds. A large number of people do not have access to running water. Desmond has deployed a workable solution, outdoor wash hand basins with what I assume is sanitised water

And some online idiots are mocking him?!?!
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
pyro62:

Appreciate him for his little quota. You didn't do anything and should be ashamed of yourself for criticising someone that has brought out 1naira from his pocket saying it is too small. Arrant nonsense
Ashamed of myself? Lol, thank you.

But I nor dey do rubbish like Elliot.

Stay Safe.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Pat081: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
Very soon you people will nt find it again those area boys will b the ones to share it
Erediauwa:
Even native doctor bucket make sense pass this latrine. grin

And the "notice me" actor is excited to share this pit toilet online.

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by ZaramT: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
Desmond is an idiot. But what where you guys expecting from Tinubu's foot soldier?
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Opexzy: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
I don't believe this... Someone must have done this to demean Desmond, that person hacked his account to post this trash too...

I mean which lawmaker in his right senses will do this and still tell people he did it...

Desmond you are better than this...
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Burruchaga71(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
This Desmond Idiot is something else. Last tym na one room toilet lunch. Now this. What is wrong with him?
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by olumide4christ: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ijaya123:

It is mentality like yours that makes the politicians treat the people like trash.

You deserve the kind of leader you get. VERY PATHETIC LOTS.

Let me ask you and your kind....did you go out to vote last election? If you did, who did you vote for? If you voted or campaigned for either APC or PDP, then you shouldn't complain because you aren't ready for positive change in this country & you have no right to complain. Neither party as they are presently constituted can move the country to the promised Land. I say this as someone who has relatives who are politicians in these parties.

If you didn't come out to vote for whatever reason, you also have no right to complain about bad governance. Just put more efforts into your work, pray to your God is f you have one, & believe that all will be well with you whether the country progresses or not.

Nothing more, nothing less!

In addition, no politician, not even my relatives can treat me like trash. They can only do so to those who allow them.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by patrickmuf(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
Way too many idiots...What he has there is spot on, why the criticism?

It's all about serving the purpose for which it was meant for.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by FutureFocus: 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
This is a very good initiative , may God bless him wherever he is , it's obvious Nigerians are very hard to please. I'm sure most of them were expecting him to share money or bags of rice. I think we need more politicians like this.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
bendazum:

You don't get it. You wash your hand and finally use sanitizer on it.

Don't you know sanitizer?

I have never heard that you need sanitizers after washing your hands with soap and water. It is either you wash your hands with soap and water or in the case where there is no water and soap, you use hand sanitizers. You are not expected to use both together as they serve the same purpose.

Moreover, if you carry coronavirus from the tap on the buckets and use that hand to touch the sanitizer bottle, you place coronavirus on it.

This is a terrible idea. A very terrible idea that would end up doing the opposite of what it is intended for.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by olumide4christ: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

LOL...do you think you can place this fancy equipment at the entrance of streets in Lagos and they will still remain the same? This meant for indoors, not outdoors. There's something we call functionality and adaptability. This your equipment is functional but not adaptable for the need at hand.

Are you in this country at all?
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by makewetalk2: 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
he did nothing. that is government's money.
you talk as if he did a thing from his wallet
iammo:
what should he do, build boreholes about or leave his people without means of simple wash
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Who will replace the water when it gets low.. ?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by bendazum: 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I have never heard that you need sanitizers after washing your hands with soap and water. It is either you wash your hands with soap and water or in the case where there are not water or soap, you use hand sanitizers. You are not expected to use both together as they serve the same purpose.

Moreover, if you carry coronavirus from the tap on the buckets and use that hand to touch the sanitizer bottle, you place coronavirus on it.

This is a terrible idea. A very terrible idea that would end up doing the opposite of what it is intended for.

No, even if Coro is on sanitizer bottle once you pour the sanitizer and rub your hands with it. It dies.

Go abroad you will see it.

Have you been to Amsterdam?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by 1Dray(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
SocialFinance:
What s world of hypocrites

Most of the people bashing and criticising Desmond will be ashamed if we ask them what the governor of their state have done.

Like the one distributing kerosene

The same people who are hailing audio governor in oyo state for declaring curfew in the state as if convid-19 only infect people at night, are here calling for the head of a man helping his constituency to imbibe hand washing culture.

The same Ipob applauding Dino for wasting his constituency allowance on luxuries and did nothing

Why are you so bigoted?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by adecares(f): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
Like seriously, ha kantbeliefit, so hilarious
Its been long i gave a response to a thread on nl but I can't just ignore this, so so so so hilarious, I just want to believe its one of those corona virus joke.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Goodzinny: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
At all at all na 'winch'. He is improvising as a village 'scientist'.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
olumide4christ:

LOL...do you think you can place this fancy equipment at the entrance of streets in Lagos and they will still remain the same? This meant for indoors, not outdoors. There's something we call functionality and adaptability. This your equipment is functional but not adaptable for the need at hand.

Are you in this country at all?

Did you say the word functionality? Are you joking?

You call it indoor and it has a refill tank?

Okay, what is up there is the best that can be offered.
Re: Desmond Elliot's 'Kick Out Coronavirus' Buckets Spark Controversy by Illusioneffect(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
MRUNN:
For calling Aba, the thunder that will fire you is still warming up.
ah! sorry o, I hope i haf not offended the gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Relative Uses Dead Body Of 'kay Low' To Curse SARS. Davido, Banky W React / My Celebrities: Get An Article Written & Published In Your Name In Newspapers / Moyo Lawal Strips To Her Underwear To Celebrate December (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.