Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. (930 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Alaibe Makes Last-minute Move To Defect To PDP / Six Govs, Alaibe Boycott Inauguration Of Sylva’s Campaign Council / Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Gbawe: 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2010
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathans-adviser-amnesty-matters-timi-alaibe-resigns-and-dumps-pdp-labour-party

Jonathan's Adviser On Amnesty Matters, Timi Alaibe, Resigns and Dumps PDP For Labour Party
Posted: December 30, 2010 - 18:56

By SaharaReporters, New York

Timi Alaibe, who is Goodluck Jonathan's adviser on Amnesty Matters, has resigned.

Following his resignation today, he immediately joined the Labour party to pursue his ambition to become the governor of Bayelsa state.  Yesterday, a series of explosions rocked a political rally in Bayelsa.

Alaibe's resignation continues a recent trend, pioneered by former Information Minister Dora Akunyili, where senior officials of the Jonathan government resign and immediately distance themselves from the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP).  Mrs. Akunyili is running for the Senate on the platform of APGA.

Analysts say this reflects the growing unpopularity of the PDP and a lack of confidence in Mr. Jonathan's leadership prospects.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Gbawe: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2010
"do-or-die" . Sylva implicated by suspect. Nothing new as we all know that the PDP really is a "nest of killers".

Attack On Timi Alaibe's House: Police Makes One Arrest
Posted: November 12, 2010 - 19:45

By SaharaReporters, New York

The Nigeria Police in Bayelsa confirmed to Saharareporters today the arrest of a man  connected with the assault on the home of Jonathan's Amnesty adviser, Timi Alaibe, which resulted in the death of one policeman.

Speaking to Saharareporters from Yenegoa, the state Commissioner of Police, Aliyu Musa, said the hoodlums attacked Alaibe's house in Opuokuma shortly after midnight and destroyed most parts the bungalow building .

The Commissioner denied that the suspect who was arrested has died, as some sources in the area earlier reported.

According to a source who did not want to be named, the suspect who  arrested by the police had confessed to participating in the attack, claiming that they were sent by aides to the state governor, Timipre Sylva.

However, Mr. Musa told Saharareporters that the suspect is currently hospitalized but is cooperating with police. "He had only told us that he went there to give food to someone, but his lies have caught up with him", he said.

Mr. Musa did not disclose the name of the suspect but admitted that he was seriously injured in a gunfight with the police during the attack.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2010
This is one resignation and cross-carpeting gone too far. The message of Mr Alaibe's resignation is bigger than it looks.

Is Timi Alaibe acting out Jonathan's plan B on National politics in his own Gubertorial ambition?

Is Jonathan already preparing grounds to dump PDP for Labour Party should he fail at the Primaries?

What motivated Labour Party's rejection of Dele Momudu as a Presidential candidate on their party? and hence why he had to change parties.

There has been no secret of Jonathan flirting with Dan Nwanyanwu the chairman of Labour Party.

Is Jonathan Goodluck on his way to the Labour Party?

This is just a thought, not sure yet but certainly smells suspicious.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by olabukola: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2010
This is serious ooh where is beaf?
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Beaf: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2010
olabukola:

This is serious ooh where is beaf?

Wetin konsain Beaf wit Bayelsa politics? I'm from Delta state.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Gbawe: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2010
@Mikeansy.

I really don't think there is any subterfuge or guile at work here . Jonathan looks very bad with all these defections of his appointees to other Parties because his judgement is called into question like that of a General who appoints commanding officers who all desert their post when war begins !!! All those defecting are choosing different platforms to the PDP perhaps  because , as analyst concluded , they do not believe Jonathan will even survive his own challenges let alone assist their own electoral causes. Besides , we all know that Jonathan is only reaching out to folks who can "assist" his ambition like Gbenga Daniel , and not neccessarily those best for the job, so some individuals may feel it is useless trying to go against GEJ's 'annointed' in the PDP for office they are interested in.

When one factors into the equation the unspoken truth that Jonathan has a 0.0001 % chance of retaining his job if he does not run on the platform of the PDP then we can take this for what it probably is - folks abandoning an "underwhelming" character.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by koruji(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
I do think GEJ is in on this somehow - it is a message being sent to the Atiku, IBB & Ciromas of this space called Nigeria. GEJ can see the hand-writing on the wall - he will be betrayed at the primaries!!! He said as much at the PDP NEC meeting a couple of weeks ago - "I will not stand here and be humiliated like this" & "Some of you publicly support me, but are secretly campaigning for other candidates." or something along those lines.

PDP is now for the birds. Other parties are assimilating parts of it ==> CPC/ACN grabs part of the PDP North, ACN is already crushing it in the SW, APGA/ACN to grab parts in the East.

Atiku can have the rest!!!

Gbawe:

@Mikeansy.

I really don't think there is any subterfuge or guile at work here . Jonathan looks very bad with all these defections of his appointees to other Parties because his judgement is called into question like that of a General who appoints commanding officers who all desert their post when war begins !!! All those defecting are choosing different platforms to the PDP perhaps  because , as analyst concluded , they do not believe Jonathan will even survive his own challenges let alone assist their own electoral causes. Besides , we all know that Jonathan is only reaching out to folks who can "assist" his ambition like Gbenga Daniel , and not neccessarily those best for the job, so some individuals may feel it is useless trying to go against GEJ's 'annointed' in the PDP for office they are interested in.

When one factors into the equation the unspoken truth that Jonathan has a 0.0001 % chance of retaining his job if he does not run on the platform of the PDP then we can take this for probably what it probably is - folks abandoning an "underwhelming" character.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2010
Your theory is more likely to be the case, eitherway it does not look good on Jonny boy.

The wheels of the phony train are certainly coming off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gbawe:

@Mikeansy.

I really don't think there is any subterfuge or guile at work here . Jonathan looks very bad with all these defections of his appointees to other Parties because his judgement is called into question like that of a General who appoints commanding officers who all desert their post when war begins !!! All those defecting are choosing different platforms to the PDP perhaps because , as analyst concluded , they do not believe Jonathan will even survive his own challenges let alone assist their own electoral causes. Besides , we all know that Jonathan is only reaching out to folks who can "assist" his ambition like Gbenga Daniel , and not neccessarily those best for the job, so some individuals may feel it is useless trying to go against GEJ's 'annointed' in the PDP for office they are interested in.

When one factors into the equation the unspoken truth that Jonathan has a 0.0001 % chance of retaining his job if he does not run on the platform of the PDP then we can take this for probably what it probably is - folks abandoning an "underwhelming" character.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Gbawe: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Your theory is more likely to be the case, eitherway it does not look good on Jonny boy.

The wheels of the phony train are certainly coming off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big amen to that . Nothing scares me more about Jonathan than the notion he will, as per far greater desperation, be worse than Yar Adua. Nigeria will simply not survive another stooge of the establishment.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by blacksta(m): 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2010
I thank My Lord Jesus.

PDP Implosion.

The Demise of PDP or anything associated to it , is beginning of hope for Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by OAM4J: 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2010
This is good news for Nigeria's democracy. I like it.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Gbawe: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2010
blacksta:

I thank My Lord Jesus.

PDP Implosion.

The Demise of PDP or anything associated to it , is beginning of hope for Nigeria.

My brother , Nigeria will simply not survive another 4 years of "more of the same" political expediency . Without strong , resolute and steadfast pro-people leadership we will move closer to becoming like Somalia where local warlords control their "patch". Just look at the insecurity in Nigeria over the past few months !!! It wont be long before we have a Boko Haram controlled State !!! Then any rebel with/without a cause is encouraged to follow suit.

Read about the Jonathan-appointed IGP (Ringim) and you will shake your head. Many of his senior officers with better academic qualifications , service record and greater crime-fighting training were retired to make way for Ringim. Ringim is Jonathan's pal from his days as Bayelsa Governor. Put two and two together , as many analyst have concluded, and it is obvious Jonathan has his eyes on the IGP who will help his electoral chances rather than improve the very poor security situation in Nigeria. Too many self-serving decisions is the story of Jonathan's leadrship so far.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2010
I just cant wait 2c d wind blow away d umbrella
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Barkono: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2010
@byrron.
Dat umbrella? I am wit u boh.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2010
byrron:

I just cant wait 2c d wind blow away d umbrella
Very symbolic. More wind O Lord!
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. by violent(m): 11:05pm On Dec 30, 2010
It's kind of funny the way people look for Beaf anytime Jonathan is mentioned

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Strikes Again In Borno, Kills 4 / My Views On Nuhu Ribadu / IBORI GUARANTEED TO FACE TRIAL IN THE UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.