Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (805 Views)

Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / "Forget Your Husband, He Is Mine" - Single Lady Tells Housewife / Is It Selfish Not To Adopt If You Have Been Unable To Conceive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Chinedu1994(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: . by uboma(m): 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chinedu1994:
When I was 16 years old (2012), I worked at a nearby Timber shed tirelessly, I was able to save N15,000,I gave my elder brother the whole money and asked him to get me a small Tiger generator -- it wasn't more than 16k then. So this dude spent the whole money, when I confronted him, he didn't apologise or promise to pay me later. Instead he started shouting at me, telling me how haggard i looked. I reported to our mum, but she never said anything. I am the type that hustles a lot, I bought for myself every thing that I own today. Within that same year, our dad died leaving us with his "death benefit money" which wasn't enough to clear his debts and the family's.

They would tell me: ah! don't worry, we gat your back, but at the end, they will disappoint me.
Though I have forgiven him, but every time he provokes me, I tend to remember what he did to me 8 years ago. How can someone do this to his very younger brother just because he can't fight you.

The generator and standing fan that we are using today I bought it with my hard earned money, I engage myself in meagre works that other people dread.
When I was in school (OND), they promised to get me a laptop - - a promise never fulfilled. I came out, during our 2 years IT, I went to the city as usual hustled my a** out and saved 70k, I called this same brother of mine and asked him if he could lend me 10k so that I could get a PC of 80k, he said that he had nothing on him I begged him until agreed, he asked me to make sure that I pay him within 10 days which I did.

His maltreatments are just too much!
I am pissed!!!

This is the sad reality about life.

No one truly owes you a dime. The more you entertain feelings of entitlement, the more you will receive disappointments.

Forgive your brother and move on. You are a hustler, always go the legit route. Someday your efforts will pay off. Sorry about the loss of your father.

Learn some vocational skills. These will put food on your table daily.

All the best to you.

1 Like

Re: . by NextD18: 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
Una two dey craze!!!

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chinedu, you are a hustler, since you are determined to make it in life , can you pls forget about your brother's behaviour and focus more on yourself? Put more effort in hustles and when success comes knocking your brother will be humbled.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Keep hustle. God bless you
Re: . by Chinedu1994(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Thanks to y'all.
Re: . by frozen70(f): 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Chinedu1994:
When I was 16 years old (2012), I worked at a nearby Timber shed tirelessly, I was able to save N15,000,I gave my elder brother the whole money and asked him to get me a small Tiger generator -- it wasn't more than 16k then. So this dude spent the whole money, when I confronted him, he didn't apologise or promise to pay me later. Instead he started shouting at me, telling me how haggard i looked. I reported to our mum, but she never said anything. I am the type that hustles a lot, I bought for myself every thing that I own today. Within that same year, our dad died leaving us with his "death benefit money" which wasn't enough to clear his debts and the family's.

They would tell me: ah! don't worry, we gat your back, but at the end, they will disappoint me.
Though I have forgiven him, but every time he provokes me, I tend to remember what he did to me 8 years ago. How can someone do this to his very younger brother just because he can't fight you.

The generator and standing fan that we are using today I bought it with my hard earned money, I engage myself in meagre works that other people dread.
When I was in school (OND), they promised to get me a laptop - - a promise never fulfilled. I came out, during our 2 years IT, I went to the city as usual hustled my a** out and saved 70k, I called this same brother of mine and asked him if he could lend me 10k so that I could get a PC of 80k, he said that he had nothing on him I begged him until agreed, he asked me to make sure that I pay him within 10 days which I did.

His maltreatments are just too much!
I am pissed!!!

I will only advise you to keep your plans and secrets away from him and any other person that is close to him

Don't keep malice with him, but let him no longer know your plans, let him be seeing the results

If he ever ask for money from you, if you wish give him full or half but don't collect it back and when you want to give, pay into his account not by hand pls

Enough is enough
Re: . by Mstick: 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
How's it entitlement to ask your own brother for help?!

This mentality is really bad! Nobody in this world even Jeff bezos got to where he is today without help.

It's not entitlement to ask someone for help.
uboma:

This is the sad reality about life.

No one truly owes you a dime. The more you entertain feelings of entitlement, the more you will receive disappointments.

Forgive your brother and move on. You are a hustler, always go the legit route. Someday your efforts will pay off. Sorry about the loss of your father.

Learn some vocational skills. These will put food on your table daily.

All the best to you.

2 Likes

Re: . by uboma(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
Mstick:
How's it entitlement to ask your own brother for help?!

This mentality is really bad! Nobody in this world even Jeff bezos got to where he is today without help.

It's not entitlement to ask someone for help.

When you grow up, probably you may understand the true meaning of my comments on this thread.

I never ruled out asking help from another. No one is an Island, we will all need some support/assistance at some point in our lives. These support/assistance may not necessarily mean money or material benefits for some persons....

However, it will be better to ask a non family member for support/assistance than ask your relative and feel bad afterwards when the request is declined.

If someone has a sense of entitlement, that means the person believes he deserves certain privileges and most times he's arrogant about it.

Your relatives do not owe you a dime. Same goes for friends around you. Do not feel bitter that your relative did not come to your aid when it was most needed. With these mentality, one will do well in life.....
Re: . by Mstick: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
When I grow up?!

Seriously?! You just said a whole lot of nonsense. How is it entitlement mentality when you ask your brother for help and he doesn't help you and you feel upset or disappointed?

Do you even have an iota of sense?! Whenever a word becomes popular you stupid Nigerians misuse and abuse it.

We all owe each other everything, I've younger siblings and they don't expect me to give them always but I try to.

We owe it to each other to survive.

What makes you think the OP was arrogant about his request? Or do you think he wouldn't feel worse if a non relative had turned him down?!

Families are rallying around helping each other all over the world meanwhile in this cesspit of a country we feel "nobody owes you anything"

That's why coronavirus stimulus packages are still being looted, after all you can't say anything so you wouldn't be called entitled.

This same stupid wicked mentality is the reason why you will see someone looking so hagard and ill, when the person dies that same family you claim owes them nothing will use gold plated casket to bury the body.

Wicked generation!
uboma:

When you grow up, probably you may understand the true meaning of my comments on this thread.

I never ruled out asking help from another. No one is an Island, we will all need some support/assistance at some point in our lives. These support/assistance may not necessarily mean money or material benefits for some persons....

However, it will be better to ask a non family member for support/assistance than ask your relative and feel bad afterwards when the request is declined.

If someone has a sense of entitlement, that means the person believes he deserves certain privileges and most times he's arrogant about it.

Your relatives do not owe you a dime. Same goes for friends around you. Do not feel bitter that your relative did not come to your aid when it was most needed. With these mentality, one will do well in life.....

2 Likes

Re: . by Ulunne777(f): 4:33am On Apr 04, 2020
Mstick:
When I grow up?!

Seriously?! You just said a whole lot of nonsense. How is it entitlement mentality when you ask your brother for help and he doesn't help you and you feel upset or disappointed?

Do you even have an iota of sense?! Whenever a word becomes popular you stupid Nigerians misuse and abuse it.

We all owe each other everything, I've younger siblings and they don't expect me to give them always but I try to.

We owe it to each other to survive.

What makes you think the OP was arrogant about his request? Or do you think he wouldn't feel worse if a non relative had turned him down?!

Families are rallying around helping each other all over the world meanwhile in this cesspit of a country we feel "nobody owes you anything"

That's why coronavirus stimulus packages are still being looted, after all you can't say anything so you wouldn't be called entitled.

This same stupid wicked mentality is the reason why you will see someone looking so hagard and ill, when the person dies that same family you claim owes them nothing will use gold plated casket to bury the body.

Wicked generation!

Don't mind them.
It is on Nl you see everybody made their first millions before eighteen, does not need their family's help in anyway cos they have it all and tell you nobody owes you shit even your parents.

But do give away of 2k each and all of them will line up here.

They should keep deceiving themselves

(1) (Reply)

Cooperate Wears For Men, Chinos And Jeans At Affordable Price / What Is Zero In Your Language. / Man Whose Wife Left Him With 7 Kids After His Arms And Leg Were Cut, Finds Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.