Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be (3187 Views)

How To Resume UC Browser 'link Expired' Downloads / Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by icon91(m): 3:46am On Apr 03, 2020
Hi guys, i have been using UC browser for years now, it has been quite helpful in resuming downloads for files(heavy and small alike) after interruptions either from exhausted sub, network fluctuations, expired links etc, usually little tricks are been applied using the .dltemp files which is a temporal file created alongside files currently being downloaded to continue your downloads in a worse case scenario, with that you can never loose your heavy files like games, videos...that stopped midway, but i have come to realise that from version 11 to the current version of UC Browser for android, the .dltemp file doesn't exist again, i have lost some files that stopped midway due to absence of this .dltemp file, i did report about this on play store but no positive reply so far, i know some guys are facing this same issue, pls guys that download heavy files using phones, is there any other browser or download manager that will ensure not losing your files midway, or any way to work around these not so good new versions of UC browser to ensure your full downloads?

5 Likes

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Mark9854(m): 4:04am On Apr 03, 2020
The dltemp file still exists but has been renamed to .cfg and it is only available for apks and zip files not available for videos.
You can try installing old versions of uc mini or try adm download manager.

6 Likes

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Ajfems(m): 4:44am On Apr 03, 2020
If you have any download heavy or light, you can use idm for andriod. It is very effective. You can load multiple downloads at a go

2 Likes

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Vulcanheph(m): 6:25am On Apr 03, 2020
Uc browser's unique ability of resuming paused/interuppted downloads was what usually gave them an edge over opera , if their newer versions lose that feature then they would lose market.

1 Like

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by falcon01: 6:49am On Apr 03, 2020
icon91:
Hi guys, i have been using UC browser for years now, it has been quite helpful in resuming downloads for files(heavy and small alike) after interruptions either from exhausted sub, network fluctuations, expired links etc, usually little tricks are been applied using the .dltemp files which is a temporal file created alongside files currently being downloaded to continue your downloads in a worse case scenario, with that you can never loose your heavy files like games, videos...that stopped midway, but i have come to realise that from version 11 to the current version of UC Browser for android, the .dltemp file doesn't exist again, i have lost some files that stopped midway due to absence of this .dltemp file, i did report about this on play store but no positive reply so far, i know some guys are facing this same issue, pls guys that download heavy files using phones, is there any other browser or download manager that will ensure not losing your files midway, or any way to work around these not so good new versions of UC browser to ensure your full downloads?
I left UC when I found ADM downloder 6 years ago it supports multiple download, resumes download believe me it has everything you are looking for and more just give it a try.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by princemillla(m): 7:12am On Apr 03, 2020
That's not how it works. Some site works with resume - ability while somr break away links instantly. This also happens on Almighty idm so it's no surprise.

2 Likes

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by ITbomb(m): 7:25am On Apr 03, 2020
I left Opera mini and UC Browser because of too much adverts, now using Opera Browser - the best with ADM
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Onyenna(m): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2020
UC Browser has never been the same of late.... It's frustrating.....

1 Like

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by TalabiAudu: 7:33am On Apr 03, 2020
Na true.
This browser is gone
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by anonimi2018: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2020
I used to be lover of UC Browser (especially because of dark mode) until update messed things up and it started consuming a lot of data

1 Like

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by X0012(m): 8:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Use mod uc browser. I can even download YouTube videos directly to my phone using the moded UC version
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by dxdiag(m): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2020
The issue is due to many factors and not the browser.
1. It may be due to poor network
2. Expired link, after downloading once and ur download halts half way and ur link is fine all of a sudden,u re good to go with ur remaining download and link still active.
But if ur bandwidth signal is loss or low before url link time out most of them redirect u to another ftp/storage server to download your file starting from 0% allover again.

3. It depends on the website u re downloading from too, as most of them redirect u to ftp/storage server to download your file.
4.Updates on browser re meant to secure, enhanche user interface of browser, increase speed and efficiency of the browsers and not the kther way round.
5.If you re frustrated with any of this, i will recommend ADM as othe pple on the platform has told u earlier.
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Veryfoolishboy: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2020
Left uc browser a long time ago
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by pat077: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2020
X0012:
Use mod uc browser. I can even download YouTube videos directly to my phone using the moded UC version
can u share the link
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Worksunlimited: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Try UC Turbo instead...
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Onyenna:
UC Browser has never been the same of late.... It's frustrating.....
i thought am the only one that felt the changes..

I have even uninstall it,its now so slow and full of ads.. It is not even in sync with naija again sef

am now using mainly two apps: opera mini for everyday/light browsing.. Chrome for advance works.

1 Like

Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by icon91(m): 4:29am On Apr 04, 2020
Thanks guys
I have given ADM a try, it's not bad
I still use UC Browser to Surf/Browse but once I'm about to download i use ADM
UC browser has lost its glory because auto resume downloads of heavy files is its main trademark
In the past, nothing will make you loose your midway downloaded files, whether you're downloading from sites that their links expire after every session, bad network providers etc
So long as the .dltemp file is there, with a little trick, you must resume your downloads,(by removing the downloaded parts from uc downloads folder using file explorer, restarting the downloads again, once it's about 1mb or so, pause it, then go back to your uc downloads, delete the new file alongside its .dltemp file, paste back the old partly downloaded file in same uc downloads directory, go back to your browser, resume your download, it will automatically continue from where the first download stopped) i used to download games of 6gb and more and have never lost my files for any reason(s) using older UC browsers
Nowadays, UC takes up so much space, it's slow at times, too much ads..e don cast
At all at all sha, i dy still manage am alongside ADM
PS: Older versions/turbo versions as suggested by some guys here can't be installed
Re: UC Browser No Longer What It Used To Be by Youngpo413: 7:44am On Apr 04, 2020
TalabiAudu:
Na true. This browser is gone
na UC remain,lol

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Nokia C5 Won't Behave / See Gobe!! -mtn Wipes Off 100mb Surprise Data / MTN Rip-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.