Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,927 members, 7,844,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order (67050 Views)

Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 / Pastors Speak On Pastors Scandalising The Name Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by ibksiv(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2020
kingxsamz:

Jesus went around, healed people, preformed miracles, and cured so many diseases.
Pastors on the other hand were busy holding church services, collecting offerings and tithes, milking people off their money instead of giving back to the society, even after the government placed an order, so as to prevent further spread of the virus, these same pastors violated this order and their ignorant followers joined them. And this one is here saying crap. Isn't it written in your bible to respect the law? undecided
So pastors are now above the law and can do whatever they like because of what? undecided

Close mouth! Close mouth! No talk!
Na wetin put this country in this situation in the first place.

This is 2020, and anyone who has refused to have sense, sense will be instilled into his head by force.

So it is pastors that are responsible for the sorry state of Nigeria abi? The Gospel of Jesus brought enlightenment to Europe, America, and Africa.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by PotatoSalad(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2020
Raysleek:

[s]You see how this one that claims to have sense has left the arguement to use a description mr believer it's called persecution we wont be fooled cause we know you cant be convinced by arguments but see, all your plans are FIASCO[/s]
Okoto meow meow
U no get talk brother. Zombie
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by ibksiv(m): 8:01am On Apr 04, 2020
Bacteriologist:
[size=8pt][/size]

BS. Atheism has NOTHING to do with the scientific method. It asserts nothing. It only REJECTS what you have failed to PROVE.

Where's the evidence that those events in your write-up existed. I bet NONE. That is exactly why religion is fast losing its relevance in the real world where evidence is everything.

Your threats and curses mean nothing. They are merely wishful thinking.

Your statement is not sound. If atheism asserts nothing, then it is nothing, it is non-existent. What is evidence? Let us consider the big bang theory. Do you know that it validates the concept of creation? "Let there light " and "bang" there was light. The concept of the big bang is underlined by the emission of light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by BlackTrice: 8:02am On Apr 04, 2020
CHIOMAEZEH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0C0eyzdNc

Coronavirus: Pastors are not ordinary people, anyone who assaults a pastor is in danger – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has warned against the arrest and assault of Pastors amid the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country.

The founder of Loveworld Ministries a.k.a Christ Embassy said this while reacting to a report of Pastors being arrested by government officials in a bid to enforce social distancing in churches.

Narrating a recent incident which played out, Pastor Chris recalled how a member of a taskforce boasted about arresting a Pastor.

The Christ Embassy Founder said;

“He was excited he arrested a Pastor. Terrible! But he is not the first to arrest a pastor. Jesus was arrested and Jesus was doing what the people didn’t want Him to do and the Apostles did what they were not allowed to do. The Government said, ‘Don’t preach in this name anymore’. They went on preaching. Right?! They arrested them.

"So it is not enough to say, well, if you do what the Government say not to do, then we have the power to arrest you. Arrest! That Pastor was not the first person to do what Government said don’t do. When I heard of it, I didn’t judge him because what if he was praying and that was the guidance he got?"

Pastor Chris who stated that those who arrest Pastors are in more danger than they can imagine, added that Pastors are not ordinary people.

He said;

“Let me tell you, it is not everyone that will take some of the steps that we might take. Not everyone. The Holy Spirit knows exactly how He wants things done. It’s up to Him. What I’m always saying is that, anybody who assaults a pastor is in danger.

“He is in more trouble than the Pastor. Pastors are not ordinary people. If you like you can call them ordinary men, that is up to you, but the Spirit that works with them, when that Spirit is fighting you, nobody can help you. No amount of prayer, no one can help you.

“It is only people who say they are Christians that fight ministers of the gospel. Others when they know, they remove their hands, He is a pastor. They shift away, but the one that is a Christian is bold, he enters the church. So, if you are a pastor and they assault you. Don’t feel bad, you are not the first, don’t feel bad. But, for the rest pray for your pastors, remember to pray for them. Never condemn a pastor. Never. Don’t ever do it. Don’t do it. Don’t join those who do it. Don’t! Keep your mouth to yourself.”

Lol � � �
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by costandi(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2020
PotatoSalad:

You see one problem with religious fanaticism.
When it comes to arguments, you shy away by calling the other party "Unbeliever".
Stand firm and argue with them. Prove them wrong.

But you can't. What you just experienced is called cognitive dissonance.
Mr Believer
Prove them wrong by doing what exactly?
We will never reach a consensus cos like I said, "The things of the God don't make sense, they make spirit".
Almost every other argument on social media leads to nowhere because pride and egoism won't let anyone resind and learn.
Finally, for most social media arguments, public opinion and not truth wins. Gain more likes and comments in your favour and you're good to go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by HMarshal(m): 8:06am On Apr 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:
Yes, if people had read the bible, those who assault an anointed one will always get punished unless they repent. (But this is the so called modern age, so people will form all sorts of educational enlightenment as excuses)

Example of stories, David and Saul, Moses and his siblings, Elijah and the Children e.t.c.

Unfortunately, people won't still believe.

But some people wont understand my comment and will quote and say things like: "are they God?", "does that mean they can behave anyhow?" Blablabla".

Anyways whether they behave anyhow or not, if you assault an anointed one you will be punished eventually.

Just saying.

Am sorry but it's beta not to comment sometimes .so giving the circumstances of the pandemic,r u encouraging the pastor's to disregard the measures of prevention,there by risking ppls life's? How many of them has healed any real sick person? Am just not the insulting type cos ur comment is derserving of one.

Even Chris himself is just so biased
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by lordswill03: 8:11am On Apr 04, 2020
I used to regard this man because he dresses well and wears nice suits. But after reading this your post, I've realised that you are the most ignorant fool ever.

What happened to respect to law and order?? And this is just so that the ailment will be curtailed! And you are here saying jargon!

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by HMarshal(m): 8:13am On Apr 04, 2020
CHIOMAEZEH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0C0eyzdNc

Coronavirus: Pastors are not ordinary people, anyone who assaults a pastor is in danger – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has warned against the arrest and assault of Pastors amid the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country.

The founder of Loveworld Ministries a.k.a Christ Embassy said this while reacting to a report of Pastors being arrested by government officials in a bid to enforce social distancing in churches.

Narrating a recent incident which played out, Pastor Chris recalled how a member of a taskforce boasted about arresting a Pastor.

The Christ Embassy Founder said;

“He was excited he arrested a Pastor. Terrible! But he is not the first to arrest a pastor. Jesus was arrested and Jesus was doing what the people didn’t want Him to do and the Apostles did what they were not allowed to do. The Government said, ‘Don’t preach in this name anymore’. They went on preaching. Right?! They arrested them.

"So it is not enough to say, well, if you do what the Government say not to do, then we have the power to arrest you. Arrest! That Pastor was not the first person to do what Government said don’t do. When I heard of it, I didn’t judge him because what if he was praying and that was the guidance he got?"

Pastor Chris who stated that those who arrest Pastors are in more danger than they can imagine, added that Pastors are not ordinary people.

He said;

“Let me tell you, it is not everyone that will take some of the steps that we might take. Not everyone. The Holy Spirit knows exactly how He wants things done. It’s up to Him. What I’m always saying is that, anybody who assaults a pastor is in danger.

“He is in more trouble than the Pastor. Pastors are not ordinary people. If you like you can call them ordinary men, that is up to you, but the Spirit that works with them, when that Spirit is fighting you, nobody can help you. No amount of prayer, no one can help you.

“It is only people who say they are Christians that fight ministers of the gospel. Others when they know, they remove their hands, He is a pastor. They shift away, but the one that is a Christian is bold, he enters the church. So, if you are a pastor and they assault you. Don’t feel bad, you are not the first, don’t feel bad. But, for the rest pray for your pastors, remember to pray for them. Never condemn a pastor. Never. Don’t ever do it. Don’t do it. Don’t join those who do it. Don’t! Keep your mouth to yourself.”

SMH, & many of Dem perform miracles every Sunday but can even heal a real sick man.jesus knew if he performed miracles for strangers in large gatherings that it will help make ppl know him.he did not sit in a church to perform the miracles ,he went about doing it,esp to total strangers,in the morgue(Lazarus),in thier homes with large mourners & sympathizers around,ppl passing by carrying the dead and this ones are here staging acts to decieve ppl

Then chris cums here to talk like this.shame on u sir.a big shame.why did you not try aving service too,or pls try this Sunday since u r sure if u are arrested , repercussions will folo
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by HMarshal(m): 8:15am On Apr 04, 2020
Jokerman:

Amen sir.

David said, "far be it from me that I touch God's anointed".

Many people who think they can insult pastors can continue...the Lord Jesus Christ and the apostle passed through such however you can never stop us from preaching the Lord Jesus Christ...

Hallelujah

Smh
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by HMarshal(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Why hasnt a single Imam or Alfa been arrested? The thing is a lot of people wont watch the video to uderstand his perspective but will rush and comment based on OP's headline or report.

I wander why ppl don't take time to check facts.did u not hear of the protest somewhr over the arrest of an Islamic group who led a Friday prayer? Or the sealing of a mosque in Lagos.smh
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by FunkyJustice(m): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2020
Jokerman:

Amen sir.

David said, "far be it from me that I touch God's anointed".

Many people who think they can insult pastors can continue...the Lord Jesus Christ and the apostle passed through such however you can never stop us from preaching the Lord Jesus Christ...

Hallelujah
Nobody is saying don't preach they say social distancing for sometime to avert disaster,,then the pastor can preach via online platform it's as simple as that..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2020
HMarshal:

Am sorry but it's beta not to comment sometimes .so giving the circumstances of the pandemic,r u encouraging the pastor's to disregard the measures of prevention,there by risking ppls life's? How many of them has healed any real sick person? Am just not the insulting type cos ur comment is derserving of one.

Even Chris himself is just so biased

Bros, understand my comment. My comment did not negate what you are staying. I believe in coveting the laws of the land. I was speaking specifically to assault and as it relate to things shown in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2020
CliffordAde:

This anology that you guys are giving does not correlate! He was arrested because he constitute a danger to himself and his congregants. We cannot continue to substitute our reasoning for Faith.

I am not speaking to arrest sir, I was speaking to assault.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2020
soojar:

Fallacy of hasty generalization.
We have to start from the word "anointed", Is he an anointed? If you say yes then the next question is what are the characteristics of an anointed and is he exhibiting those characteristics?

After answering those questions we can move to the next ones. Don't just jump into conclusions, Most of these businessmen/scammers literally anointed themselves.

You have already jumped to conclusions that most are not anointed.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:36am On Apr 04, 2020
oieda:

Please, what does it mean to be anointed?

Are only pastors anointed?

What makes a person a pastor? Owns Church? Has the title prefixed to his name?

Biblically, what is the difference between a pastor and a believer?

It's a long talk. I cant type that here.

But Moses, Aaron and their Sister can answer your question. Especially for the last question.

There is a difference in anointing between an Apostle, prophet, teacher, Pastor e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:38am On Apr 04, 2020
luluosas:
Don't misquote the Bible to justify your ignorance. Who anointed the fake pastors today, including Chris that said masturbation wasn't a sin?
Most of our pastors today including Chris bought their powers from Satan, and they know it, and to some extent, you too know it.
Only very few genuinely called pastors we have today, and they are not civil disobedient as far as they've not been ordered to stop worshipping God. So, be guided.

You obviously dont know what the Bible says on the matter.

Who anointed Saul?

Who anointed the chief priest during Jesus and Paul's time?

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by PotatoSalad(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2020
costandi:

[s]Prove them wrong by doing what exactly?
We will never reach a consensus cos like I said, "The things of the God don't make sense, they make spirit".
Almost every other argument on social media leads to nowhere because pride and egoism won't let anyone resind and learn.
Finally, for most social media arguments, public opinion and not truth wins. Gain more likes and comments in your favour and you're good to go.[/s]
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2020
BigIyanga:

Tell your annoited pastors and MOG to go ans heal corona virus patients..

Why dont you give some of them access to the patients?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by CrestMan: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
lepasharon:

If they/you weren't an ex- amputee, keep quiet.
[/s]

We have seen many like you before. You will believe in miracles the day you need one. And God will show you mercy

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 8:41am On Apr 04, 2020
miketayo:

How do u know they are anointed? Not everyone that has a hall, knows how to address multitude, quotes Bible and stand before a pulpit is anointed
No one should be assaulted, but pastors should arrested and put in prison if they knowingly disobey the law

Study your bible.

You are speaking to democracy, God is not into democracy and your so called modern laws.

I dont even want to bother an explanation on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by CrestMan: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
Ayoefa:

Go and tell that to your religious slave master, delusional foolish pastorprenual fraudster that you call Daddy.
Get LOST.
[/s]
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by CrestMan: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
wavylevel:

When he has run out of coherent and logical argument.

Idiot.
[/s]
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by costandi(m): 9:06am On Apr 04, 2020
[quote author=PotatoSalad post=88079373][/quote]Pride.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by freecocoahubby(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2020
Nwaoloko100:
Wow am really impressed how any challenge facing the nation has created opportunity to insult God and Christian.. Nobody insult Muslims, nobody insult Hindus, nobody insults imams, alfa, mosque... When there's recession in the land Pastors caused it, when people die pastor caused it.. Everything is always an avenue to insult men of God.. Churches are helping donating materials and medics but the prince of this world has blinded d minds of many... Man is a free moral agent, believing God is a choice but don't make others feel stupid for doing it

Because they obeyed orders and don't walk around like they are above the law like prideful pricks such as Oyakilome, Oyedepo and the likes. Even Jesus never disobeyed orders and He is the Son of God, much less a mere man who declared himself a pastor.

As for you @Jeromejnr, its obvious you have more reverence for your pastors than you do God Himself. Nigerian Christians like you will be first in line into the gates of hell. Bloody hypocrites!

8 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Buliwyf: 9:08am On Apr 04, 2020
PastorandMentor:
The Anointing and oil on a pastors life will change the entire poor state of your family.
I pity you.
You are just ignorant.
Remain in poverty all your life.

Lol see mumu. I am not in poverty. I know u are so that's your first assumption about other people. Pele. Keep crying. I am not even in your country. Keep mourning and keep weeping. You will be alright. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't forget to wash your hands after crying. And use a clean tissue paper wipe your tears. Don't add Coronavirus to the one that is already doing you lol.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 9:14am On Apr 04, 2020
freecocoahubby:

Because they obeyed orders and don't walk around like they are above the law like prideful pricks such as Oyakilome, Oyedepo and the likes. Even Jesus never disobeyed orders and He is the Son of God, much less a mere man who declared himself a pastor.

As for you @Jeromejnr, its obvious you have more reverence for your pastors than you do God Himself. Nigerian Christians like you will be first in line into the gates of hell. Bloody hypocrites!

Hmmm, you speak of Jesus as if you know Him.

Well, if you knew Jesus, you would have understood my message.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by 9jakool: 9:16am On Apr 04, 2020
ibksiv:

So it is pastors that are responsible for the sorry state of Nigeria abi? The Gospel of Jesus brought enlightenment to Europe, America, and Africa.

Unfortunately that same Europe and America have left Nigeria behind even with all the enlightenment we claim to have. For all that religion, what do we have to show for it except corruption, death and destruction? Many religious figures act as if they are untouchable. It's simply pride and arrogance which endangers the public further.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by freecocoahubby(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Hmmm, you speak of Jesus as if you know Him.

Well, if you knew Jesus, you would have understood my message.

And if you truly know Jesus you wouldn't speak in such a daft manner, defending those men of dogs on your pulpits who exhibit more characteristics of satan than of God, decietful, prideful (Oyakilome), lustful(Fatoyinbo), greedy(Oyedepo). They have decieved and sucked you gullible sheeps dry for years! And you are so brainwashed that you still defend your slave masters despite the fact that your bible CLEARLY warns you against such false prophets.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by EverythingCars: 9:20am On Apr 04, 2020
This is 2020 you said, in what way are you better than those that lived in 1980's and earlier?

The truth is that there are so many things that are beyond you and me and until you are exposed to those knowledge and mysteries you'll know and will continue living and speaking in ignorance.

kingxsamz:

Jesus went around, healed people, preformed miracles, and cured so many diseases.
Pastors on the other hand were busy holding church services, collecting offerings and tithes, milking people off their money instead of giving back to the society, even after the government placed an order, so as to prevent further spread of the virus, these same pastors violated this order and their ignorant followers joined them. And this one is here saying crap. Isn't it written in your bible to respect the law? undecided
So pastors are now above the law and can do whatever they like because of what? undecided

Close mouth! Close mouth! No talk!
Na wetin put this country in this situation in the first place.

This is 2020, and anyone who has refused to have sense, sense will be instilled into his head by force.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Jeromejnr(m): 9:24am On Apr 04, 2020
freecocoahubby:

And if you truly know Jesus you wouldn't speak in such a daft manner, defending those men of dogs on your pulpits who exhibit more characteristics of satan than of God, decietful, prideful (Oyakilome), lustful(Fatoyinbo), greedy(Oyedepo). They have decieved and sucked you gullible sheeps dry for years! And you are so brainwashed that you still defend your slave masters despite the fact that your bible CLEARLY warns you against such false prophets.

Sigh.

I leave you to your words.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2020
CrestMan:
[s][/s]

U couldn't say anything.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 04, 2020
Bacteriologist:

I see myself as a freethinker. But you can call me atheist if you like.

Nah, I'm also a free thinker...

But that's not what I asked.

I asked whether u are an atheist?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Their Pastor.photos Go Viral / Meet Prophet Udensi Godlove Behind Audio Warning Nigerians Against Disaster / EndSARS: Foluke Adeboye Sent 3 Trucks Of Water & Snacks To Protesters In Alausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.