Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political (1837 Views)

Rivers: All Eyes On Magnus Abe As Political Permutations Changes / Seun Kuti To Register 'Movement Of The People' As Political Party (Pix) / Fayose’s Last Dinner Party, Food Wasted As Political Appointees, Friends Shun It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Showbby28: 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks Describes Conviction As Political

The Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) Worldwide has described the conviction of the former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu by federal High Court in Lagos over corruption charges as political, wondering why only Christians are the ones being convicted in corruption-related charges.

The group in a statement made available by the Deputy President General, Comrade Obinna Achionye described Kalu, the Chief Whip of Nigerian senate as the Nelson Mandela of Nigeria.

The statement added that the group appreciates the role Arewa Youths led by Yerima Shettima is playing in securing the freedom of the federal lawmaker.

It called on those behind the travails of Kalu to immediately hands-off, wondering why those who have held various political positions across the country are walking as free men even after allegedly committing various crimes.

Read full release below

(1) Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide had alerted Igbos that the political travails of Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu is more political than Corruption charges, We appreciate the role of Arewa Youths led by Yerima Shettima is doing in championing for the Northern Intervention to secure the Release of Senator Kalu.

(2) OYC Commend Kalu pan African leadership qualities, he remains the Mandela of Nigeria, definitely, he will replicate South Africa’s version of the political journey of Igbos to be Nigerian President of Igbo Stock, Igbo Youths had to plead with those behind his travails to hands-off, if many people who were in charge of governance at various political positions, who had committed various crimes are free-roaming about, Sen will be free soon.

(3) OYC observed that its only Christians were being Convicted in the fight against corruption, Former Governors, Joshua Daiyre, Jolly Nyame, Orji Uzor Kalu, etc, We are not against the fight against Corruption by EFCC, but it should be without being biased…OYC Commend Kalu for being steadfast in the face of Persecutions.

https://abntv.ng/2020/04/just-in-orji-kalus-travail-more-political-than-corruption-charges-ohanaeze-youth/

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by helinues: 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
shocked shocked
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
Well, most Igbos are happy with the conviction.

The problem the Igbos usually have with such conviction is that such justice doesn't go round.

The question will be; what happened to his governor colleagues from 1999-2007.

Na only him and jolly Nyame waka come?

That's when you start hearing Igbos defending "their son" since the other people's sons cannot be touched for the same offense.

Nigeria cannot grow an inch without equal justice, effective reward and punishment system.

Truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
I am Igbo from Ebonyi and I'm happy with the conviction/jailing.

I pass through Abia state to Akwa Ibom for school and the shiiit in Abia state sinks to the heavens.

If it were in military junta period I'll hail him to be decapitated or sentenced to firing squad for crimes against humanity.

He should count himself lucky he'll some day be free.

Ohanaeze are a bunch of elders stretching their red caps to beg for cash and hail the highest giver. Clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Handsomecole(m): 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
We all know the hands of Western power brokers that plotted Kalu's downfall as result of the bullion Van master's ambition .
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by gidgiddy: 8:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

True, I was happy with the conviction and thats com8 g from someone like me who used to hold Kalu in high regard

He has 12 years to think about being a traitor to his people

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Handsomecole(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
You speak out of nativity and ignorance.

Nuzo1:

The problem the Igbos usually have with such conviction is that such justice doesn't go round.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by johnmartus(m): 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Imagine what this Anambra man are saying...we from Abia state are happy with his conviction in fact the years they gave him was very small.
An Anambra person that not step his foot on Abia state can't decide our future. Anambra people should face their own state they should stop poke nose at what is happening in Abia state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Ojiofor: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
We want his political son T.A Orji to joib him in prison.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by NwaNimo1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Conviction endorsed!

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Punchline33: 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Were the convicts guilty?
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Lynx001: 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
As An igbo am not happy with the conviction. They should hang him. if it was china or singapore he would have been dead. was it buhari administration that carried the matter to court. That case is 12years old.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by HocusPotos: 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:
Imagine what this Anambra man are saying...we from Abia state are happy with his conviction in fact the years they gave him was very small.
An Anambra person that not step his foot on Abia state can't decide our future. Anambra people should face their own state they should stop poke nose at what is happening in Abia state.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

The question will be; what happened to his governor colleagues from 1999-2007.

Na only him and jolly Nyame waka come?

That's when you start hearing Igbos defending "their son" since the other people's sons cannot be touched for the same offense.

Nigeria cannot grow an inch without equal justice, effective reward and punishment system.

Truth!
The others seem to have been smarter in covering their tracks.
His issues with EFCC started under Goodluck Jonathan
By the way others have been affected e.g Joshua Dariye,Lucky Igbinedion
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
OYC should stop embarrassing Igbos. Yes admittedly there is a political undertone to Orji Uzo Kalu's travails, but one thing is certain he looted the state with reckless abandon.

I remember when he and his mother were Demi gods in Abia state, they planted the evil seed in Abia state's politics that has made it a caricature among other south Eastern states, and by extension Nigeria.

Besides, Orji Uzor Kalu played selfish politics that was not in the interest of Igbos, I remember when he insulted our collective sensibilities by saying he has donated land for RUGA in Abia State, what an affront?

He should enjoy he's stay in Kuje prisons.

Rubbish.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Bighead9: 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Cry me a River.

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by kingi777: 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
The imprisonment of Sen Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) is purely political ochestrated by a Southern politician because of 2023. Any thing that stands in the way is bulldozed down. Check the role OUK played during the election of principal officers of the National Assembly. He was outspoken & vociferous in making sure the South East did not loose out in both chambers. Sen OUK is in prison today because he is being seen as one of the obstacles for the realization of the 2023 ambition of the said man. Sen OUK's corruption case is used as a cover up; 2023 is the main reason for imprisoning him.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
johnmartus:

Oga you are not from Abia state . You are not even an Igboman.

There have been prove of a thread where you said you ordered your caretaker to refund money to a tenant simply because he is an Igboman.

YOU ARE A YORUBA MAN

Your hatred for Igbo will consume you, becareful with yourself and be proud of your tribe.

You can never be Igbo.

Admin this guy is an impostor and a tribal bigot.

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

The others seem to have been smarter in covering their tracks.
His issues with EFCC started under Goodluck Jonathan
By the way others have been affected e.g Joshua Dariye,Lucky Igbinedion

Cover which tracks?

All the past and present governors, maybe with the exception of Yaradua, Obi and a few others has huge and straight forward case files with EFCC and ICPC.

Your case is only activated based on your relationship with the man in power, ambition, religion and ethnicity.

Just so you know again, I am happy with the conviction.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by johnmartus(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Anambra belive that they are more igbo than anyone.
I'm not surprised though.
BUSINESSARENAA:

Oga you are not from Abia state . You are not even an Igboman.

There have been prove of a thread where you said you ordered your caretaker to refund money to a tenant simply because he is an Igboman.

YOU ARE A YORUBA MAN

Your hatred for Igbo will consume you, becareful with yourself and be proud of your tribe.

You can never be Igbo.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

Cover which tracks?

All the past and present governors, maybe with the exception of Yaradua, Obi and a few others has huge and straight forward case files with EFCC and ICPC.

Your case is only activated based on your relationship with the man in power, ambition, religion and ethnicity.

Just so you know again, I am happy with the conviction.
I am sorry to say you are not being objective why Obi, who said he is clean ?Have you seen the files?
So Orji Kalu had a bad relationship with Goodluck Jonathan?
Does Saraki have a good relationship with Buhari? Does Kwankwaso have a good relationship?
Does Uduaghan have a good relationship?
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by mrvitalis(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
AkeNathan:
I am Igbo from Ebonyi and I'm happy with the conviction/jailing.

I pass through Abia state to Akwa Ibom for school and the shiiit in Abia state sinks to the heavens.

If it were in military junta period I'll hail him to be decapitated or sentenced to firing squad for crimes against humanity.

He should count himself lucky he'll some day be free.

Ohanaeze are a bunch of elders stretching their red caps to beg for cash and hail the highest giver. Clowns.
Do you know all the road u passed are federal roads?

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
johnmartus:

You don't even know where I am from.

Why are you so ashamed of yourself and your tribe?

You are a Yoruba man, so obviously you are not proud of where you are from.

Chaii, kpele.

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by honeyB2018: 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Orji Uzor Kalu, Tinubu and Atiku, used to be my political heroes in the days of Obj, when Obj was behaving like a bull in China shop.
I lost faith in him when I later found out his atrocities. As far as corruption is concerned, he is not alone.
Please what is the position of the case of Abdullahi Adammu and zDanjuma Goje?
These are corrupt Ex Govs, whose cases have stayed longer than Orji's case and may likely be swept under the carpet.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

Do you know all the road u passed are federal roads?

As if state roads in Aba or umuahia are any better

Mtchew
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by HocusPotos: 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:
[/s]
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by fergie001: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
Better thunder will fire that group...

We are saying EFCC isn't doing enough to round up his successors, a na kogheri.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

I am sorry to say you are not being objective why Obi, who said he is clean ?Have you seen the files?
Does Saraki have a good relationship with Buhari? Does Kwankwaso have a good relationship?

You were so quick to pick obi while you overlooked the first name yaradua.

Maybe, you do not know well, i don't defend people for defending or condemning sake. Take time to go through my posts if you can.

EFCC's records are not too difficult to access regarding obi, yaradua and maybe Donald Duke.

Matter of fact, Nuhu Ribadu listed out almost all the names of the the ex governors with hard evidence in a senate plenary session some years back. All except yaradua, Duke and maybe 2 others were not alleged to have stolen.

And which ex governor didn't have a bad relationship with either obj, yaradua and GEJ?
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Supan(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

That is one problem with yorubas... Very hateful

Peter Obi and Yar adua were the few governors without dent.

Before leaving office, Obi went to efcc's office and presented every controversial documents his detractors could have used against him in future.

They gave him a clean bill.

If your village people praise drug peddlers and install them as king makers, we don't.

Obi is clean! argue with BAT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

You were so quick to pick obi while you overlooked the first name yaradua.

Maybe, you do not know well, i don't defend people for defending or condemning sake. Take time to go through my posts if you can.

EFCC's records are not too difficult to access regarding obi, yaradua and maybe Donald Duke.

Matter of fact, Nuhu Ribadu listed out almost all the names of the the ex governors with hard evidence in a senate plenary session some years back. All except yaradua, Duke and maybe 2 others were not alleged to have stolen.
Yaradua is dead duh! The same question applies to him but not relevant nowI can see you are a sentimental person
Rather than address the issues and questions I raised you are rambling.
You made ridiculous claims which you cannot substantiate

Is Saraki in the government's good books? Kwankwaso? Oyinlola? Uduaghan?

With respect you are not capable of objectivity

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Supan(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
OUK's conviction is the only good thing Buhari has done for the igbos.

If He extends same to Theodore Orji, his successor. I'll vote him for 3rd term.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Yaradua is dead duh! The same question applies to him but not relevant nowI can see you are a sentimental person
Rather than address the issues and questions I raised you are rambling.
You made ridiculous claims which you cannot substantiate

Is Saraki in the government's good books? Kwankwaso? Oyinlola? Uduaghan?

With respect you are not capable of objectivity

Enjoy sir.
I don't do insults on behalf of politicians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Spokesperson Emma Powerful "Unknown Gunmen Are DSS/Military Killer Squads" / How Buhari Brought Killer Herdsmen Into Nigeria - Gov. Ortom / Gunmen Shoot Dead Hausa, Igbo Meat Sellers In Imo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.