Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? (46841 Views)

”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Reasons Why Most Guys Delay In Marrying Their Girlfriend / Is There Any Disadvantage In Marrying An Intelligent Or Smart Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
Does Marrying More Than One Wife In Anyway Has Advantage?

Please let's discuss and learn from different ethnic background if marrying more than a wife in anyway has advantage, disadvantage or either ways. I'm sure people from polygamous family might have learnt one or two lessons that will/might make them conclude that marrying more than a wife is a no no for them. While some believe there are still benefits in marrying more than one wife.

Note: this discussion is open for both Christians and Muslims including the atheist as far as we are here to learn, unlearn and relearn

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by NextD18: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
One of the Advantages I know is that; The nagging and bad-mannerisms will be lesser as there will be competition between the wives to impress you with good characters and doings.

This is only if you are RICH!

543 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
NextD18:
cheesy
Let's learn bro

Thanks all for your contributions.
In summary may we all marry the flesh of our flesh and the blood of our blood.

Let me not use this medium to say I'm single sha...okay bye grin

Modified

1 Like

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
NextD18:
The nagging and bad-mannerisms will be lesser as there will be competition between the wives to impress you with good characters and doings.

This is only if you are RICH!

Very true.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by bjbjbj: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
BIG NO.

27 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by mignone(f): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
Who ever desires peace of mind in life should not consider polygamy or having 'many' children.
Ask those in such shoes at a time like this.

252 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
bjbjbj:
BIG NO.
Expatiate pls embarassed
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
mignone:
Who ever desires peace of mind in life should not consider polygamy or having 'many' children.
Strongly agreed

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Smartbrainfix: 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
No advantage in having two wives, especially if they live in the same house with their children, how much more, more than two!. Man is polygamous by nature and as such will desire to have another woman in bed at the slightest opportunity. That said, If you are so desirous of having more than one woman at the same time where your cultural, religious or family practices pushes or permits you to do so, think of the consequences. However, if doing 'that thing' is the reason you are looking for polygamy, look for women who will agree to be your mistress on terms.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Michelle55: 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Not worth it... Just stick to one because one woman is enough problem already,why are you trying to die young by having massive heartaches?

PS: and if you must become polygamous, make it 3 instead of 2... Because when those two will gang up against you, the 3rd will snitch on them to become your top priority and favorite grin heard this secret from one baddest grandpa in my area cheesy

525 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by babythug(f): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5621558/thread-families-multi-purpose-intentional-living

Maybe additional insight can be gained from this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
Michelle55:
Not worth it... Just stick to one because one woman is enough problem already,why are you trying to die young by having massive heartaches?

PS: and if you must become polygamous, make it 3 instead of 2... Because when those two will gang up against you, the 3rd will snitch on them to become your top priority and favorite grin heard this secret from one baddest grandpa in my area cheesy

Sense will not kill you grin

232 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
it all depends on A) the type of man you are and B) the type of women you hope to marry.

not all men CAN/SHOULD have multiple wives and not all women CAN/SHOULD be in a polygamous union.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
it all depends on A) the type of man you are and B) the type of women you hope to marry.

not all men CAN/SHOULD have multiple wives and not all women CAN/SHOULD be in a polygamous union.
Don't you think marrying more than one wife is part of the problem we are facing in this country

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
barnny:
Don't you think marrying more than one wife is part of the problem we are facing in this country

no i dont think so.... to each their own misery. i would rather a man marry multiple wives and be faithful than marry just one and cheating on her with multiple women. the problem here is:
A) many women enter these polygamous r/ships not as a desire, but simply because thats the only option they have... and thus become bitter miserable women in these union... while some women desire to be in such r/ship from the get go and become wonderful concubines/co-wives etc

B) yes there isa serious problem with marriages in Nigeria/Africa, but i doubt it has anything to do with polygamy. polygamy has been here since the begining of time, and there wasnt any problem with it before, why suddenly blame polygamy?

C) IMHO the main problem here is SOCIETY...
- it is society that pushes women to believe that they must get married at any cost, even if they are not ready/willing.
- it is society that looks down on unmarried women.
- its society that looks down on successful women, so long as they aint married.
- its society that believes that men can have multiple wives but looks down on women wanting to have multiple husbands.
- its society that believes that its ok for a +60yr old man to marry a 18yr old.
- its society that looks up to money so much that some people are willing to even marry a donkey, so long as it has money.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by squarelead(m): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
It is not advisable, but what works for A might not work for B, you could have more than one wife and have peace of mind, and marry just one wife and have no peace of mind and vice versa. It all depends. But biblically you are mandated to marry just one till death do you part.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by viqSmallz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Monopoly isnt the best form

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by drmikeadams(m): 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
grin grin grin. It is only a foolish man that will still engage himself in the yoke of polygamy in dis century ,,u marry two or more wives then u create problems and rivalry between the wives and children. Then the foolish man will die without putting the family in order,,,then there will be fuji house of commotion when the man is gone grin

Men should stop allowing their erection become their directions in life

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin. It is only a foolish man that will still engage himself in the yoke of polygamy in dis century ,,u marry two or more wives then u create problems and rivalry between the wives and children. Then the foolish man will die without putting the family in order,,,then there will be fuji house of commotion when the man is gone grin

Men should stop allowing their erection become their directions in life

Michelle55:

mignone:

so what do you guys think Nigerian men (who think that having multiple women is in their DNA) should do?! cheat on their GF/wife?!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by drmikeadams(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=88073280]

so what do you guys think Nigerian men (who think that having multiple women is in their DNA) should do?! cheat on their GF/wife?![/quote

Yeah it's wrong too,,but still better than marrying two women wit step children hup han Dan,,,polygamist don't know d implications till they die that's when the real problem starts..that's when disunity , hatred and commotion comes into play

2 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
drmikeadams:
Yeah it's wrong too,,but still better than marrying two women wit step children hup han Dan,,,polygamist don't know d implications till they die that's when the real problem starts..that's when disunity , hatred and commotion comes into play

i mean you have to look at all angles.... and all setups.
- is it better to have concubines and step kids that live under the same roof and know one another as "brothers" OR kids that dont know each other and from babymamas that biitching/fighting and brainwash kids against father/step brotha?
- financially, is it better to take care of one household, one set of bills, one family setting instead of paying for two or more home setup?!
- emotionally, it would be better to face your issues and fix them on the spot than let them brew undercover til it explodes one day... as there will be hatred and commotion whether you live with women in one house or have different houses.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by drmikeadams(m): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

i mean you have to look at all angles.... and all setups.
- is it better to have concubines and step kids that live under the same roof and know one another as "brothers" OR kids that dont know each other and from babymamas that biitching/fighting and brainwash kids against father/step brotha?
- financially, is it better to take care of one household, one set of bills, one family setting instead of paying for two or more home setup?!
- emotionally, it would be better to face your issues and fix them on the spot than let them brew undercover til it explodes one day... as there will be hatred and commotion whether you live with women in one house or have different houses.
grin grin grin I no comprehend all boss but

I feel its better a Man Sticks to one wife,, I still have not seen any advantage of polygamy,,if as a married man,ur conjified,,,man can go to unilag pick any olosho there and buy condom grin grin I stand wit one man one wife,one man one vote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by drmikeadams(m): 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
grin grin if not for any other reason,for d sake of unity of ur household in d future and children. ,man should leave polygamy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:06am On Apr 04, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin I no comprehend all boss but

I feel its better a Man Sticks to one wife,, I still have not seen any advantage of polygamy,,if as a married man,ur conjified,,,man can go to unilag pick any olosho there and buy condom grin grin I stand wit one man one wife,one man one vote

advantages:
its best to have all your kids under one roof than scattered everywhere and them not knowing one another
its best to have all your wives under one roof so you can control and sort any issue on the spot
its best to be honest about who you are and be who you desire to be....especially if you want to fukc every sexy single women out there

so you believe its ok to cheat on your wife with unilag olosho...?

7 Likes

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 04, 2020
I don't think so.
Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by drmikeadams(m): 12:18am On Apr 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

advantages:
its best to have all your kids under one roof than scattered everywhere and them not knowing one another
its best to have all your wives under one roof so you can control and sort any issue on the spot
its best to be honest about who you are and be who you desire to be....especially if you want to fukc every sexy single women out there

so you believe its ok to cheat on your wife with unilag olosho...?
grin grin grin angrywell am not getting married ,,,

I have plenty uncles and old man who dabbled into polygamy and u need to see how dis organized d family is.

I still see no advantage of polygamy till thy kingdom come grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Bamz(m): 1:19am On Apr 04, 2020
viqSmallz:
Monopoly isnt the best form

I prefer Scrabble

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 04, 2020
Do people still marry more than one wife in this age?

One wife and not more than 4 kids irrespective of your financial or social status.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by mutaalim(m): 5:31am On Apr 04, 2020
Advantages
At one's old age if one wife said is going to take care of his new grand children
You will have another woman that will be taking care of you.

Just to mention few among many others

Regards

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by aumeehn: 6:02am On Apr 04, 2020
I have observed something among polygamist and that is "Selfishness and self centeredness, the posts above confirmed it. Everyone is talking about Himself, they will be competing to take care of you, competing to do this do that for YOU! Everything is all about YOU! But let me remind you, while they are competing to please you, Your children are also competing for favors from you. Some will live with hatred for their step moms and step brothers until they die. They will hate you and destroy your legacy. In this 21st century polygamy is not worth it.

At Old age none of them will look your way because each an every woman in that house will work towards the progress of her own children and once that goal has been achieved, oboy forget it even the children will careless about you.

I have a friend who was born into a family of 28, their father passed away late last year, and as i am typing this, their father's room is occupied by a tenant, they sold everything including the family house. Sometimes its not all about you, think about the future of your children.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by barnny(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2020
aumeehn:
I have observed something among polygamist and that is "Selfishness and self centeredness, the posts above confirmed it. Everyone is talking about Himself, they will be competing to take care of you, competing to do this do that for YOU! Everything is all about YOU! But let me remind you, while they are competing to please you, Your children are also competing for favors from you. Some will live with hatred for their step moms and step brothers until they die. They will hate you and destroy your legacy. In this 21st century polygamy is not worth it.

At Old age none of them will look your way because each an every woman in that house will work towards the progress of her own children and once that goal has been achieved, oboy forget it even the children will careless about you.

I have a friend who was born into a family of 28, their father passed away late last year, and as i am typing this, their father's room is occupied by a tenant, they sold everything including the family house. Sometimes its not all about you, think about the future of your children.

I strongly agreed with you. I came from a polygamous family but i have vowed never to marry more than one wife. Even my mom has said never will she allow any of her son to marry more than one wife. I'm sure is because of what she has encountered.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? by drmikeadams(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2020
aumeehn:

Well said my man,,,na this simple message I dey try pass

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is She A Prostitute Or A Caring Mom? / Man Weds Dead Wife In Ebonyi (find Out Why) / How I Met My Wife: Love Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.