Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,023 members, 7,863,688 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check (9568 Views)

Hey Guys Checkout This Hack I Just Discovered! I Doubt If You Know About This! / Help, My Infinix Smart5 Of 4months Battery Doesn't Last. / NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by kalufelix(m): 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

You started well but your last paragraph was unnecessarily nasty.

I in fact was on the same page as the OP. I use 4G Airtel and on a particular month i saw how quickly 20k data went down from 80GB to 20GB.

Like the OP, i do online courses on edx.org and coursera.org. I also watch xvideos on the side which is minimal (OP doesn't want to admit that) grin

I learnt from both of you. But you guys shouldn't rush to always feel people want to show off by stating facts.
Haha badt guy...seems the initial guy is a 10MB somebody. Mine is that I'm supposed to have been locked out by 9mob about 13hours ago but some how i am still surfing ..evidently there are system issues..when they finally get to resolve (I know will happen very quickly) i might be paying in my next transaction..as the poster said this things are programmed and that makes them even more stupid and idiotic just like the teller machines...las las na we use our data.

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by OKOATA(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
Failure44:
Try checking your data usage in settings it'll show you how much data you have actually being using but

Chai
10k just for sub
Should I drop my details? grin
Why do you call yourself failure? Don’t you think whatever you say or speak with your mind so be it? Why not call yourself success.

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by tempem: 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by seanwilliam(m): 4:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

I in fact was on the same page as the OP. I use 4G Airtel and on a particular month i saw how quickly 20k data went down from 80GB to 20GB.

Like the OP, i do online courses on edx.org and coursera.org. I also watch xvideos on the side which is minimal (OP doesn't want to admit that) grin

I learnt from both of you. But you guys shouldn't rush to always feel people want to show off by stating facts.
ogbeni na xvideo u dey sub for joor..minimal key u dia grin
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Opperwezen(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Your post is very complicated, simply use your phone as a meter, all wetin you talk for your post walahi I'm still trying to understand you.

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by peeps4u: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Failure44:
Try checking your data usage in settings it'll show you how much data you have actually being using but

Chai
10k just for sub

Read his post to understand.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Opperwezen(m): 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
There is no need for this kind of complexity, simply set up your data meter on your phone everytime you sub, and if you ever happen to notice discrepancies which I highly doubt, get yourself a lawyer and start thinking of how to spend the millions you're about to get from them after slamming a lawsuit on their arse smiley

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:
Ok here's the back ground.

I use the glo network, the 5k monthly bundle that gives you 15GB (this hardly last 2 weeks, but that's not the point here).

So I saw an ad by glo saying you'll get 20% extra @ this covid season across all data, so I went for the 10K bundle for 50GB (and with the 20% that will be 60GB). I did this subscription yesterday 04.04.2020 around 10.47am. 24hrs later (today) I checked my balance and I noticed I have already used 22GB out of the 60GB! (Remember I used to use 15GB for 2 - 3 weeks and now 22GB in 24hrs! There is something wrong)

Correct me if am wrong the pics below show that I have used 22GB already. And if the green data gauge is anything to go by 1/3 of the total area is already shaded green

Ava boss.. Come do small gig for me
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by ademasta(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Wow
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Solutionchima: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Wow! Don't know people are still using glo

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Hisduchess(f): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
petertamtam6:
Your Mama Toto! You dey subscribe 10k will your bro,Friends/neighbours are Hungry grin

Not everything should be jokes why involve his mother or you actually don't have respect for your own mum.please have sense.Go make your own money and spend it as it pleases you and stop hating whilst confusing peeps with that lame laff emoji.you are disrespecting someone's treasure.

5 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by blowjohn(m): 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Failure44:

Chai
10k just for sub

See this one.
Av used 10gig in 24 hours

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by dotedote: 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Greatzeus:

You are wrong sir. You are very wrong,which is not the problem. The problem I have is that you as an educated person thinks that it's possible for your new subscription (60gb) to start reading from the last subscription you made and consumed(15gb.)
Bros it is technologically impossible, unless it is programmed to be like that. Which will mean it is so for all Glo subscribers,or you want to tell me Glo decided to reprogrammed only your own SIM to work like that.
Everything is computerised. Apart from daily logistics,if every Glo staff go home for a week everything will still be working fine. Everything done on your SIM, subscription, buying credits,call rate etc has been programmed. It cannot do otherwise. The call rate cannot change unless it is reprogrammed,the data consumption rate is programmed which is the same for everybody. Computer doesn't make mistakes bro.
This your assertion is stupid,your new subscription started reading from the last subscription you did. I have never heard that before.
We all know how our subscription can get depleted so fast we will be wondering how. We think telecoms are cheating us. Maybe yes or no,but I know that the standard is the same for everyone,every sim everytime.
You probably want attention for your 60gb subscription which you have gotten. You can let us rest now.

Many times I'm uncontrollably prompted to ask people's age.

5 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Carmit(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:

Start with this
https://online.hbs.edu/courses/free-business-lessons/

You also checkout edX (google it)
Bro can I send you a mail?
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Carmit(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
TheChameleon:

Like the OP, i do online courses on edx.org and coursera.org. [b]I also watch xvideos on the side which is [/b]minimal (OP doesn't want to admit that) grin

Lmao grin
BTW bro....can I send you a mail?
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Faladetb(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:
The second pic below shows the start of my 10K 60GB billing, notice how it was not zerorized and my previous consumption from the previous sub was transferred to my new sub and instantly wiped off 15.8GB of the 60GB even before I have started using it.
So all of u don't see the bold numbers and letters implicating an edit ABI...
All this is fake jare...FAKE...
I don't know what he wants to get off it but it's fake...
Those bold words and numbers are not real...he covered the real ones with an editor application wink
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by paige93(f): 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
My own problem with the new glo subscription is, why add a separate night data bundle to an all day 24hr/30 days bundle undecided
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by ehisdan(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Greatzeus:

You are wrong sir. You are very wrong,which is not the problem. The problem I have is that you as an educated person thinks that it's possible for your new subscription (60gb) to start reading from the last subscription you made and consumed(15gb.)
Bros it is technologically impossible, unless it is programmed to be like that. Which will mean it is so for all Glo subscribers,or you want to tell me Glo decided to reprogrammed only your own SIM to work like that.
Everything is computerised. Apart from daily logistics,if every Glo staff go home for a week everything will still be working fine. Everything done on your SIM, subscription, buying credits,call rate etc has been programmed. It cannot do otherwise. The call rate cannot change unless it is reprogrammed,the data consumption rate is programmed which is the same for everybody. Computer doesn't make mistakes bro.
This your assertion is stupid,your new subscription started reading from the last subscription you did. I have never heard that before.
We all know how our subscription can get depleted so fast we will be wondering how. We think telecoms are cheating us. Maybe yes or no,but I know that the standard is the same for everyone,every sim everytime.
You probably want attention for your 60gb subscription which you have gotten. You can let us rest now.
If I leave any airtime in my 9mobile sim it won't live to see the next or 2 days. They will be slicing it like someone slicing vegetable. You mean to tell me every 9mobile sim is programmed thus?

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by 1x2x3: 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
They are probably using X5 data deduction rate. Check your data usage through your phone settings.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Failure44: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
OKOATA:
Why do you call yourself failure? Don’t you think whatever you say or speak with your mind so be it? Why not call yourself success.
It was just during a dark moment in my life that I made this account
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Failure44: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
blowjohn:

See this one.
Av used 10gig in 24 hours
Are going to ask for my details or keep showing off embarassed
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Themaths(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
I had to read the full thread hoping someone will tell him to check if he is sharing the data with someone.

OP, check if someone added themselves to your shared data list. The person might be out there downloading movies in 4k with your hard earned data. Simply Check Sir
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by blowjohn(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Failure44:

Are going to ask for my details or keep showing off embarassed

Lol guy u too funny
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Themaths(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
paige93:
My own problem with the new glo subscription is, why add a separate night data bundle to an all day 24hr/30 days bundle undecided

How do you mean add ma? I use the night plan fervently....I have come to notice that when you have an already all-day data plan and you do the night sub, you have to wait for them to tell you your night plan is now active, before you start surfing or downloading, or else, it will be counting from your normal data.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Stan2330(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
Greatzeus:

We all know how our subscription can get depleted so fast we will be wondering how. We think telecoms are cheating us. Maybe yes or no,but I know that the standard is the same for everyone,every sim everytime.m

Oboy leave hard drugs...my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by paige93(f): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Themaths:

How do you mean add ma? I use the night plan fervently....I have come to notice that when you have an already all-day data plan and you do the night sub, you have to wait for them to tell you your night plan is now active, before you start surfing or downloading, or else, it will be counting from your normal data.

The night data plan glo is attaching to their data bundles
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Failure44: 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
blowjohn:

Lol. 2moro I'll send something
Chai thank you o
See the way I day shine teeth grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xiaomi Launches Latest Entry-level King: Redmi 9T In Nigeria Market / Zain Up For Sale Again! / Glo Data Cheat – How To Get Glo 2.4GB For N500 Valid For 21 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.