Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check (9458 Views)

Hey Guys Checkout This Hack I Just Discovered! I Doubt If You Know About This! / Help, My Infinix Smart5 Of 4months Battery Doesn't Last. / NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ok here's the back ground.

I use the glo network, the 5k monthly bundle that gives you 15GB (this hardly last 2 weeks, but that's not the point here).

So I saw an ad by glo saying you'll get 20% extra @ this covid season across all data, so I went for the 10K bundle for 50GB (and with the 20% that will be 60GB). I did this subscription yesterday 04.04.2020 around 10.47am. 24hrs later (today) I checked my balance and I noticed I have already used 22GB out of the 60GB! (Remember I used to use 15GB for 2 - 3 weeks and now 22GB in 24hrs! There is something wrong)

Correct me if am wrong the pics below show that I have used 22GB already. And if the green data gauge is anything to go by 1/3 of the total area is already shaded green

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Now to dig further I went to their hsi.glo page to see details of my transactions and what I found spooked me.

You know when you are in a queue to buy fuel and the sales guy sells to the car in front but does not reset the meter to zero and continue serving you? That's exactly what's happening!

My previous 15GB which was exhausted yesterday morning before I did the 50GB subscription? Apparently what glo did was not to cancel my "meter" reading to zero and continued billing me for the 50GB (or 60GB with the 20%) and that's why they have already billed me 22GB out of the 60GB in 24hrs!

The pic shows my transaction yesterday while I was still on 5K bundle and I had already exhausted 13.6GB of the 15GB

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
The second pic below shows the start of my 10K 60GB billing, notice how it was not zerorized and my previous consumption from the previous sub was transferred to my new sub and instantly wiped off 15.8GB of the 60GB even before I have started using it.

4 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
I will update it soon
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Failure44: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Try checking your data usage in settings it'll show you how much data you have actually being using but

Chai
10k just for sub
Should I drop my details? grin

37 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2020
Please front page moderators so that people learn the pranks played.

God knows how much these guys have stolen from me over the years

5 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Edmen(m): 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
front page material .this network people will not kill us o

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Babatunde40(m): 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
I will like to know how fast your cream and soap gets finished too. Because your rate of data consumption must carry those 2 along

40 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Babatunde40:
I will like to know how fast your cream and soap gets finished too. Because your rate of data consumption must carry those 2 along
grin I know where you are heading but not everyone is like that. There are lots of free online courses you can take during this lockdown from schools such as Harvard, MIT etc.
These require data you know

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Inspectorsuga22(m): 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
I think I am having same problem u are having..
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Chazzyboy: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
So what happens to rollover

3 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Greatzeus(m): 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:
Ok here's the back ground.

I use the glo network, the 5k monthly bundle that gives you 15GB (this hardly last 2 weeks, but that's not the point here).

So I saw an ad by glo saying you'll get 20% extra @ this covid season across all data, so I went for the 10K bundle for 50GB (and with the 20% that will be 60GB). I did this subscription yesterday 04.04.2020 around 10.47am. 24hrs later (today) I checked my balance and I noticed I have already used 22GB out of the 60GB! (Remember I used to use 15GB for 2 - 3 weeks and now 22GB in 24hrs! There is something wrong)

Correct me if am wrong the pics below show that I have used 22GB already. And if the green data gauge is anything to go by 1/3 of the total area is already shaded green
You are wrong sir. You are very wrong,which is not the problem. The problem I have is that you as an educated person thinks that it's possible for your new subscription (60gb) to start reading from the last subscription you made and consumed(15gb.)
Bros it is technologically impossible, unless it is programmed to be like that. Which will mean it is so for all Glo subscribers,or you want to tell me Glo decided to reprogrammed only your own SIM to work like that.
Everything is computerised. Apart from daily logistics,if every Glo staff go home for a week everything will still be working fine. Everything done on your SIM, subscription, buying credits,call rate etc has been programmed. It cannot do otherwise. The call rate cannot change unless it is reprogrammed,the data consumption rate is programmed which is the same for everybody. Computer doesn't make mistakes bro.
This your assertion is stupid,your new subscription started reading from the last subscription you did. I have never heard that before.
We all know how our subscription can get depleted so fast we will be wondering how. We think telecoms are cheating us. Maybe yes or no,but I know that the standard is the same for everyone,every sim everytime.
You probably want attention for your 60gb subscription which you have gotten. You can let us rest now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Tomjazzy2: 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:

grin I know where you are heading but not everyone is like that. There are lots of free online courses you can take during this lockdown from schools such as Harvard, MIT etc.
These require data you know

Please what courses are being offered? What are the prerequisites?

Kindly indulge me.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Iceyjayz: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by techycontents(m): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
I experience this as well. I always sub for 800mb @ ₦500 Glo 14 days data bundle prior to this Glo always give me 100% data bonus but I noticed that whenever I don't exhaust my current bundle before opting for another sub Glo always wipe off the %100 bonus after adding it to my subscription.

2 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by 11Anonymous(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Show us your data usage in phone settings

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by TheChameleon: 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
Greatzeus:

You are wrong sir. You are very wrong,which is not the problem. The problem I have is that you as an educated person thinks that it's possible for your new subscription (60gb) to start reading from the last subscription you made and consumed(15gb.)
Bros it is technologically impossible, unless it is programmed to be like that. Which will mean it is so for all Glo subscribers,or you want to tell me Glo decided to reprogrammed only your own SIM to work like that.
Everything is computerised. Apart from daily logistics,if every Glo staff go home for a week everything will still be working fine. Everything done on your SIM, subscription, buying credits,call rate etc has been programmed. It cannot do otherwise. The call rate cannot change unless it is reprogrammed,the data consumption rate is programmed which is the same for everybody. Computer doesn't make mistakes bro.
This your assertion is stupid,your new subscription started reading from the last subscription you did. I have never heard that before.
We all know how our subscription can get depleted so fast we will be wondering how. We think telecoms are cheating us. Maybe yes or no,but I know that the standard is the same for everyone,every sim everytime.
You probably want attention for your 60gb subscription which you have gotten. You can let us rest now.

You started well but your last paragraph was unnecessarily nasty.

I in fact was on the same page as the OP. I use 4G Airtel and on a particular month i saw how quickly 20k data went down from 80GB to 20GB.

Like the OP, i do online courses on edx.org and coursera.org. I also watch xvideos on the side which is minimal (OP doesn't want to admit that) grin

I learnt from both of you. But you guys shouldn't rush to always feel people want to show off by stating facts.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Greatzeus:

Really! All these insults for something you don't understand. I put photo evidence up, you didn't debunk it or clarify it you just went off tangent ranting about something else.
I won't dignify such with an explanation.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by bigwig071(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Glo na scam e way dem tek dey cut cut my mb guy own even small as 4 me after did lockdown I go borrow dem money den I no go pay them back

3 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

Please what courses are being offered? What are the prerequisites?

Kindly indulge me.
Start with this
https://online.hbs.edu/courses/free-business-lessons/

You also checkout edX (google it)
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifullah01: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
11Anonymous:
Show us your data usage in phone settings
Here it is you can see from 1st to date I have used over 19GB.
How then is it possible to have used 22GB just within 24 hrs?

2 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Tomjazzy2: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:

Start with this
https://online.hbs.edu/courses/free-business-lessons/

You also checkout edX (google it)

Much thanks
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
wow so people are still using glo ? worst network ever !

4 Likes

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by bravesoul247(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
I experience same thing on my Airtel too. Crazy

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by hpymoment(f): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
Please what is the solution to this because i think it's happening to me too. Glo i go swear for una oo
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by gabolz(m): 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:
The second pic below shows the start of my 10K 60GB billing, notice how it was not zerorized and my previous consumption from the previous sub was transferred to my new sub and instantly wiped off 15.8GB of the 60GB even before I have started using it.

I had this same experience sometimes in January and I'm sure it's a standard practice with glo already. After speaking with 5 different customer care officers, I eventually dropped my GLO sim for good. MTN is alot better.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by earthsync(f): 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Babatunde40:

Lol
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Josiah247(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
Maybe you should contact their customer care service.
They owe you explanation
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by petertamtam6(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Your Mama Toto! You dey subscribe 10k will your bro,Friends/neighbours are Hungry grin
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by mu2sa2: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Failure44:
Try checking your data usage in settings it'll show you how much data you have actually being using but

Chai
10k just for sub
Should I drop my details? grin
Hmmmmm whopping 10 grand, shey awoof still dey happen ni?
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:

From what I understood, a roll over wasn't done or they just wiped out your remaining data when you subscribe to a new data.

I think there was a time when MCC was talking about rollover.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To See Who Viewed Your Whatsapp Profile / I Activated The MTN Esim Today / Is There Something Wrong With Etisalat 200 Customer Care Number.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.