Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,062 members, 7,863,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check (9570 Views)

Hey Guys Checkout This Hack I Just Discovered! I Doubt If You Know About This! / Help, My Infinix Smart5 Of 4months Battery Doesn't Last. / NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by petertamtam6(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
Sharap
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by blowjohn(m): 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Failure44:

Chai thank you o
See the way I day shine teeth grin
Lol u funny o. No wahala. Tomorrow
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Themaths(m): 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
paige93:

The night data plan glo is attaching to their data bundles

For me, it doesnt sha. dial *127*0# to get ur data break down
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by mixratio(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Saifullah01:

grin I know where you are heading but not everyone is like that. There are lots of free online courses you can take during this lockdown from schools such as Harvard, MIT etc.
These require data you know

Will you be certified for this couses? Kindly shed more light
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by toluls(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hey Saifullah01

Looks like they didn't add the 20%, I didn't get mine as well. I use glo too so I noticed that when you buy a new data plan without finishing the previous one, they'll simply add it to the previous one.

Since you bought 50gb, they'll put about 5gb on the night bundle then add the remaining 45gb to your previous 15gb. That's why you can see 60gb on the main bundle and 5gb below.

So it will continue counting from wherever the 15gb stopped. It's still the same since they have extended the data allocated to 60gb. It will only start from zero if you exhausted the previous data before buying another one.

Notice the "days" in your account was extended too. Still on 9 and not zero.

See my own account screenshot below. I hope you get it now.

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by yeman1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Then...how can reset my data ?
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by marrokkmusic: 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1,500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how

This lockdown period is the best time to make good money, don’t waste your data on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc when you can be making money while doing the same activities you’re doing on those social medias
If you wanna join, here’s my WhatsApp number, *08162432537* text me and I will tell you what to do and teach you how to do it and add you in to my WhatsApp group for free. Join ATPays today

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thank u
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by TGMISKY(m): 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nelsonnwagbo:
wow so people are still using glo ? worst network ever !
It is actually fast if you're around a school (higher institution) environment.

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Nogahh4: 12:23am On Apr 06, 2020
That's very wrong but that didn't tell us why our data doesn't last
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 06, 2020
OKOATA:
Why do you call yourself failure? Don’t you think whatever you say or speak with your mind so be it? Why not call yourself success.
He/she lacks wisdom or prolly an attention seeker.

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by obembet(f): 6:26am On Apr 06, 2020
TheChameleon:

You started well but your last paragraph was unnecessarily nasty.

I in fact was on the same page as the OP. I use 4G Airtel and on a particular month i saw how quickly 20k data went down from 80GB to 20GB.

Like the OP, i do online courses on edx.org and coursera.org. I also watch xvideos on the side which is minimal (OP doesn't want to admit that) grin

I learnt from both of you. But you guys shouldn't rush to always feel people want to show off by stating facts.

Please which course xvideos offer? I have been hearing people talk about thirty web but I don't know details. Kindly help us explain more.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by frankyychiji(f): 6:48am On Apr 06, 2020
kalufelix:
Haha badt guy...seems the initial guy is a 10MB somebody. Mine is that I'm supposed to have been locked out by 9mob about 13hours ago but some how i am still surfing ..evidently there are system issues..when they finally get to resolve (I know will happen very quickly) i might be paying in my next transaction..as the poster said this things are programmed and that makes them even more stupid and idiotic just like the teller machines...las las na we use our data.
This happened to me last week. I browsed and browsed and browsed. But when I was finally logged out and subscribed, they didn't waste time in taking in their money.

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by ITbomb(m): 6:55am On Apr 06, 2020
Off your data, subscribe then on it again
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Asianjollof007: 8:07am On Apr 06, 2020
10K for sub? My monthly salary with hard labour.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Acedave1(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2020
this network providers are scammers, they are business men. they'll do everything for their money to keep increasing but you people will keep fighting over mtn, airtel, glo and others. they are dupping us due to our bad government
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by tyseun(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2020
Greatzeus:

You are wrong sir. You are very wrong,which is not the problem. The problem I have is that you as an educated person thinks that it's possible for your new subscription (60gb) to start reading from the last subscription you made and consumed(15gb.)
Bros it is technologically impossible, unless it is programmed to be like that. Which will mean it is so for all Glo subscribers,or you want to tell me Glo decided to reprogrammed only your own SIM to work like that.
Everything is computerised. Apart from daily logistics,if every Glo staff go home for a week everything will still be working fine. Everything done on your SIM, subscription, buying credits,call rate etc has been programmed. It cannot do otherwise. The call rate cannot change unless it is reprogrammed,the data consumption rate is programmed which is the same for everybody. Computer doesn't make mistakes bro.
This your assertion is stupid,your new subscription started reading from the last subscription you did. I have never heard that before.
We all know how our subscription can get depleted so fast we will be wondering how. We think telecoms are cheating us. Maybe yes or no,but I know that the standard is the same for everyone,every sim everytime.
You probably want attention for your 60gb subscription which you have gotten. You can let us rest now.

You don’t have to comment if you don’t have anything sensible to add. But you just have to come on here and show your stupidity. The painful part is you thought all you said made sense. All foolery.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Os3e(m): 8:59am On Apr 06, 2020
Saifullah01:
Now to dig further I went to their hsi.glo page to

Do airtel and MTN have their own management page like this hsi.glo?
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by berbs: 9:04am On Apr 06, 2020
Are you sure you're not using 5G yet. That's the only thing that can rap 22GB within a short space of time. grin
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by edoairways: 9:54am On Apr 06, 2020
ubunja1:
Saifullah01:

From what I understood, a roll over wasn't done or they just wiped out your remaining data when you subscribe to a new data.

I think there was a time when MCC was talking about rollover.
Ncc directed the service providers to implement roll over data. One thing I noticed with glo is that they rarely comply with Ncc directives and most cases spared by the regulatory commission but if it was MTN Ncc will not hesitate to fine them
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Obakoolex(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2020
Some things are just hard to explain....if I tell you on my UBA atm card...only my old pin works on POS and my new pin on ATM stands grin
So if I tell u am using 2 pins on my ATM won't you call me crazy but that's just the truth!

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by greenmonk: 10:49am On Apr 06, 2020
Saifullah01:

Really! All these insults for something you don't understand. I put photo evidence up, you didn't debunk it or clarify it you just went off tangent ranting about something else.
I won't dignify such with an explanation.
Don't mind him. It's his type that defend evil. Has he not heard of networks not accrediting loaded airtime until users have to call their help desk and so on?
Most times when one sub two different bundles the first bundle is wiped off even when it's not exhausted.
He is the type defending this evil regime.
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Saifulah: 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
toluls:
Hey Saifullah01

Looks like they didn't add the 20%, I didn't get mine as well. I use glo too so I noticed that when you buy a new data plan without finishing the previous one, they'll simply add it to the previous one.

Since you bought 50gb, they'll put about 5gb on the night bundle then add the remaining 45gb to your previous 15gb. That's why you can see 60gb on the main bundle and 5gb below.

So it will continue counting from wherever the 15gb stopped. It's still the same since they have extended the data allocated to 60gb. It will only start from zero if you exhausted the previous data before buying another one.

Notice the "days" in your account was extended too. Still on 9 and not zero.

See my own account screenshot below. I hope you get it now.

Thank you for this comment. You explained what the Glo reps could not explain. I guess the 20 %they promised is audio, I had factored that into my calculation.

I have been banned since yesterday that's why I couldn't reply. Thank you to everyone who contributed

1 Like

Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Failure44: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
blowjohn:

Lol u funny o. No wahala. Tomorrow
Oga wetin happen ba
You don disappoint cry
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by blowjohn(m): 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
Failure44:

Oga wetin happen ba
You don disappoint cry

Chief sorry. I never forget u. I go run am
Re: Beware! - I Just Discovered Why Your Data Doesn't Last. Always Check by Tomjazzy2: 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
Saifullah01:

Start with this
https://online.hbs.edu/courses/free-business-lessons/

You also checkout edX (google it)

Couldn't get any free course on hbs. Though they all wrote that enrollment is free at the home page, once you apply, you'd be asked to pay a fee (mine $1600).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xiaomi Launches Latest Entry-level King: Redmi 9T In Nigeria Market / Zain Up For Sale Again! / Glo Data Cheat – How To Get Glo 2.4GB For N500 Valid For 21 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.