Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name (22083 Views)

Stop Calling It “garri”, Check Out What It Is Rightly Called. / What Is The Difference Between A Civil Servant And A Public Servant? / Stop Calling Your Mum "MUMMY" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Godfather03: 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
Stop calling it "snake servant". See the real English name.

We've had a superstitious belief that this reptile is usually sent by a snake to inspect an area. It is also believed that wherever you see this reptile, there must be a snake there, Hence, they gave it the name "SNAKE SERVANT"... LoL! What a fallacy?

There are some common mistakes most of us make while communicating. Some of them are:

WRONG. (CORRECT)

sandine. (sardine)

Mangi. (Maggi)

Tomanto. (Tomato)

Burn-arrow. (Bow and Arrow)

Boat-Tie. (Bow-Tie)

Scrab. (Scrap)

Palaba. (Palaver)

Pronounciation. (Pronunciation)

Selifit. (Slimfit)

Daughter-in-laws. (Daughters-in-law)

Bathroom slippers (Flipflop)

Snake servant. (Fire Skink)

The fire skink ( Mochlus fernandi ), also known as the true fire skink or Togo fire skink , is a fairly large skink, a species of lizard in the family Scincidae . The species is known for its bright and vivid coloration. Native to tropical forests in Western Africa , the fire skink lives fifteen to twenty years. This species is a

diurnal lizard that loves to burrow and hide. It is relatively shy and reclusive, but may become tame in captivity.

The "fire skink" is can also be called "skink" for short.

I believe you have learnt something new today.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Akunwafor(m): 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bumber. (Bumper)
X tray. (X ray)
Fetching water. (Receptacle)
Colo vilus. (Corona virus)

6 Likes

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
Godfather03:

We've had a superstitious belief that this reptile is usually sent by a snake to inspect an area. It is also believed that wherever you see this reptile, there must be a snake there, Hence, they gave it the name "SNAKE SERVANT"... LoL! What a fallacy?

There are some common mistakes most of us make while communicating. Some of them are:

WRONG. (CORRECT)

sandine. (sardine)

Mangi. (Maggi)

Tomanto. (Tomato)

Boat-Tie. (Bow-Tie)

Scrab. (Scrap)

Palaba. (Palaver)

Selifit. (Slimfit)

The fire skink ( Mochlus fernandi ), also known as the true fire skink or Togo fire skink , is a fairly large skink, a species of lizard in the family Scincidae . The species is known for its bright and vivid coloration. Native to tropical forests in Western Africa , the fire skink lives fifteen to twenty years. This species is a

diurnal lizard that loves to burrow and hide. It is relatively shy and reclusive, but may become tame in captivity.

Referred to as 'Monitor Lizard', when I was a kid.

3 Likes

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by scoundrel(f): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Winch (Witch)
Clamb (Climb)
Expantiate (Expatiate)
Silpas (Slippers)

8 Likes

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by franklingud(m): 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
What beautiful skin
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by kalufelix(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
^^According to the caucasian handling it...I if i catch that thing eh! .. One boy say if you spit on am e go turn snake....Op na true?? cheesy
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
So snake get servants..... Okkoooooooo

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
When I saw snake servant I knew it was going to be this thing. Even after reading this thread, I still don't know the name.
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by scoundrel(f): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Northmall:
When I saw snake servant I knew it was going to be this thing. Even after reading this thread, I still don't know the name.
I’ve noticed that the people who own Nairaland accounts just to feel among are really dense when it comes to article comprehension. If after everything typed you didn’t get the name then there’s no hope for your matter. Try to engage in this forum from time to time, you’ll only get better for the effort.

1 Like

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Randy100: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
This is how, I am enjoying the lockdown.

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
Flip flop kill you there grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by mu2sa2: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
scoundrel:
Winch (Witch)
Clamb (Climb)
Expantiate (Expatiate)
Silpas (Slippers)
Expatiate is particularly problematic because most people misspell it as exPANtiate or mis pronounce it as "ex-par- shi- et".(The correct pronunciation of expatiate is "ix-pei-shi-et".)I have said it before on nl that "exPANtiate" does not exist in english and somebody was sceptical - i believe he has been hearing the wrong word for so long that he assumed i must be wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by aristocratic5(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
We hear
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Uyi168: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
Na snake servent sweet pass for mouth...
Which one be fire skink
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by taiwiki(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
Covik 1-9 ( covid 19)
Lylon (nylon)

1 Like

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by marrokkmusic: 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1,500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how

This lockdown period is the best time to make good money, don’t waste your data on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc when you can be making money while doing the same activities you’re doing on those social medias
If you wanna join, here’s my WhatsApp number, *08162432537* text me and I will tell you what to do and teach you how to do it and add you in to my WhatsApp group for free. Join ATPays today

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by grandstar(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
Them plenty for Ondo town. Colorful but a bit spooky since I never see them in Lagos
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by womenareapes: 12:17am On Apr 06, 2020
Covic 1-9 birus (covid-19 virus)
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by ruggedtimi(m): 2:53am On Apr 06, 2020
Stop correcting pidgin English!!

2 Likes

Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Aladdin1(m): 4:04am On Apr 06, 2020
Snake otabenti.
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by motivate555: 6:14am On Apr 06, 2020
lol, monitoring spirit
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 06, 2020
scoundrel:

I’ve noticed that the people who own Nairaland accounts just to feel among are really dense when it comes to article comprehension. If after everything typed you didn’t get the name then there’s no hope for your matter. Try to engage in this forum from time to time, you’ll only get better for the effort.

Lol. You didn't get the joke, sorry.
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Xavi2019: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2020
I know all these, i just need to stop adding 's' to 'stuffs'.
I did it again sad.
It is stuff.
Stuff.
Stuff.
Stuff.
wink
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 9:15am On Apr 06, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: Funny. But i knew the real name while watching lion guard with my little niece and nephew.

But op some word pronounciation, it's because of accent..
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by PrincessB1(f): 9:31am On Apr 06, 2020
Skink

Flip-flop

Nice one OP
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Christmasdon(m): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2020
OKgwuru, okro(all wrong) = Okra (correct)
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by dake40(m): 11:42am On Apr 06, 2020
Covik one nine (Covid 19)
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by Kalashnikov102(m): 11:54am On Apr 06, 2020
Uyi168:
Na snake servent sweet pass for mouth... Which one be fire skink

Lol.. Naso una take dey fail for examgrin
Re: Stop calling It "Snake Servant "See The Real English Name by rowland545(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
Godfather03:

WRONG. (CORRECT)

sandine. (sardine)

Mangi. (Maggi)

Tomanto. (Tomato)

Boat-Tie. (Bow-Tie)

Scrab. (Scrap)

Palaba. (Palaver)

Selifit. (Slimfit)

op is it poisonous While growing up this thing give me run well....

I was also told if I got bitten I will die from d poison except a cow makes it sound (moo)7x....

And I believed ...lwkm

(1) (Reply)

200L UNIUYO Student Dies And Buried At 20 (Photos) / 90-Year-Old Grandma Begins Primary School In Kenya (Photos) / We Wont Call Off Strike Until Our Demands Are Met - ASUU President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.