Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out (2145 Views)

Arms Deal: Ex-military Chiefs Offer To Refund Contract Sums-the Nation / Senate Summons Military Chiefs Over Seized $ 9.3m Cash  / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by KnowAll(m): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2011
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Becomrich12: 2:03am On Jan 01, 2011
doge the thing ,
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by marcdunu: 2:23am On Jan 01, 2011
I support this move.

It happened in Kenya folks looked away, then Zimbabwe folks looked away. Now Gbagbo wants to try the same trick.

When they loose election they start looking for Government of National Unity to remain in power. What was the point of the elections in the first place?

Let the regional Army force Gbagbo out. Without true democracy Africa will not move forward.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by KnowAll(m): 2:47am On Jan 01, 2011
This conflict might be Jonathan's Joker or get out of jail card, any President facing declining support at home from time memorial almost always take the hideous and treacherous route of military adventurism with the hope they can pull a quick fast victory which would make their approval ratings at home hit the roof.

General Galteri's ill concived invasion of the Malvinas or Falklands comes to mind, I just hope it would not be a repeat of another shoddy military misadventure with a disgraceful consequence.
undecided
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Becomrich12: 2:55am On Jan 01, 2011
for someone who does not support jonathan in your previous post, i doubt you sincere.  I am totally against the move.

I would tell you this Jonathan may be impreach for this move, this is what the north is waiting for to impreach Jonathan. They dont care for the international community. Jonathan is making more enermy that he is making more friend.

I would still tell Jonathan Call Pastor Kumuyi, Tell Pastor Kumuyi to go and meet gbogbo. Pastor Kumuyi have been to the ivory coast several times. and I think, he knows gbogbo very well. even call Obasanjo and tell him to meet gbogbo. Obasanjo knows gbogbo very very well.  everybody would blame you when it fails, it would not be easy, it would take more than 2 years to fight this man. He has the total backing of the ivory army, most members of the ivvory army are from his ethnics group. they are behind him and against Alassane Ouattara.

Gbogbo would listen to Pastor  Kumuyi or obasanjo, I am 100% sure .

Dont put nigeria back into debt. We cant pay for it. Jonathan. I am begging you in the name of God, do not go to ivory coast, the timing is bad. and I have study the satellite picture, I am not sure. look at it yourself. this is the north of ivory coast.

You dont want to have the blood of innocent on your head.
the bombing in abuja may be connected to this by the nigeria army, they do not want to go. And if you send them, they may try to overthrow you. And use it as an excuse.

garth is telling lies. I dont think he is a nigerian.

Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by KnowAll(m): 3:04am On Jan 01, 2011
or someone who does not support jonathan in your previous post, i doubt you sincere. I am totally against the move.

I would tell you this Jonathan may be impreach for this move, this is what the north is waiting for to impreach Jonathan. They dont care for the international community. Jonathan is making more enermy that he is making more friend.

I would still tell Jonathan Call Pastor Kumuyi, Tell Pastor Kumuyi to go and meet gbogbo. Pastor Kumuyi have been to the ivory coast several times. and I think, he knows gbogbo very well. even call Obasanjo and tell him to meet gbogbo. Obasanjo knows gbogbo very very well. everybody would blame you when it fails, it would not be easy, it would take more than 2 years to fight this man. He has the total backing of the ivory army, most members of the ivvory army are from his ethnics group. they are behind him and against Alassane Ouattara

Dont put nigeria back into debt. We cant pay for it. Jonathan. I am begging you in the name of God, do not go to ivory coast, the timing his bad. and I have study the satellite picture, I am not sure. look at it yourself. this is the north of ivory coast.

You dont want to have the blood of innocent on your head.

ivory army garth is telling lies. I dont think he is a nigerian.

Jonothan's hands are tied, this is a regional decision not a single countries decision. If 14 other partners want to use force would Jonathan say no and look like a coward? undecided
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Becomrich12: 3:22am On Jan 01, 2011
Jonathan hand are not tied anywhere, he has the option to say NO. why do you think Obama did not handle it and tried to stay away from it.?  Why do you think french did not want to attack gbogbo?  French as done it before.

french dont need nigeria to do it.  the USA and french are trying to push it to others. Just like Obama tried to push it away diplomatically. Jonathan has to look for ways to do the same.

And the good thing I am sure gbogbo would listen, it is just the way they handle it from the start. I am telling you if they have talked to gbogbo nice, he would have listen.

What  Pastor Kumuyi or Obasanjo. I hate calling him Obasanjo because yoruba people dont do that , but for the internet. Let me do that. What they should do is meet him and find out his conccern are. And they try to use the issue of the capital location which he is concern about. And have Alassane Ouattara agree that during his term in power, he can not move the capital from abidjan. use to save gbogbo face. If you go to war with Gbogbo. The army is mostly from his ethnics group and they would fight you to the last man.

And look the people Jonathan would be sending are mostly northerner of Nigeria army from what I know, they are nigeria infantry. And I can tell you this. 99% of northerner officers are not loyal to jonathan.
Except if jonathan is going to send only officers of the south south to ivory coast. it would back fire. The time is wrong.

Jonathan has to think of Nigeria first, he is not force to think of other people above nigeria .  And at the moment now , Nigeria has an issue, and Nigeria comes first. And too bad Nigeria has its own problem. And Jonathan can excuse himself from it.  He can use the abuja bombing and other bombing in nigeria as excuse for insecurity.

He is commander in chief. He may support the other ecowas country emotionally and financial and explain privately the problem he has, and I know they would understand. They cant be that mean or wicked head of state , not to understand has as an election which he already has problem with the north with.

If I am commander in chief I take decision best for my nation and not for others. That is why I am commander in chief. sounds america. I have lived here too long, men. Obama does not take decision based on what is good for others, he take decision based on what is good for america.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by violent(m): 3:24am On Jan 01, 2011
This will be a battle too expensive on Nigeria's balance sheet, a bit of more diplomatic measures will save everyone the toothache. . . .in the end, it only comes to a needless display of military strength, sadly civilians  always get a big cut on the casuality cake

Needless to say this will lead to a civil war tht could turn IV coast to another Somalia
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by TippyTop(m): 3:50am On Jan 01, 2011
Becomrich?
the USA and french are trying to push it to others.

Eh, the troubles are not in the USA or Europe, this is a West African problem.
Why should Sarkozy or Obama get involved in what is essecially a regional affair?
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by dinggle: 3:59am On Jan 01, 2011
If it happens all the Nigerian prostitutes and 419ers giving us bad name will have to fall back home grin
Africa is simply confusing, we need to stop all his swearing in with the bible and start using juju to swear our leaders in, they fear juju more than the rule of law. This is what the white men caused by colonization, we could have developed our juju process and blended it with democracy to give us Demjucracy. That way any leader who looses or rigs an election goes mad like the one that happened recently in Zamfara!
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by aljharem(m): 4:05am On Jan 01, 2011
dinggle:

If it happens all the Nigerian love-peddlers and 419ers giving us bad name will have to fall back home grin
Africa is simply confusing, we need to stop all his swearing in with the bible and start using juju to swear our leaders in, they fear juju more than the rule of law. This is what the white men caused by colonization, we could have developed our juju process and blended it with democracy to give us Demjucracy. That way any leader who looses or rigs an election goes mad like the one that happened recently in Zamfara!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Becomrich12: 4:06am On Jan 01, 2011
There is nothing region about this. Jonathan too has to be smart by pushing it to the Africa union.  we cant affort it. we have to think about Nigeria too ok. and nobody is going to force us to go and pay for something we cant afford. we go into debt.  If any country can pay for it, then give us the money.

they would impreach jonathan if he put nigeria in trouble, than what is what the north is waiting for, they dont like him my friend.
The problem is Jonathan does not have enough information to make the decision. As commander in chief i would not call for war, if i dont have information.

This is how it happen. the ivory coast election body decleared this result. before Yousssof Bakayoko went into that hotel to complete the result, from what I got on the internet . they claim gbogbo was leading, i dont know how true that was.  then all the grey colour turn for Alassane Ouattara inside the hotel from what I got from the internet. that why I am showing jonathan the satellite picture. judge for yourself.

I have listen to obama speech several time. But for this issue, Obama does not have the same flow from watching him on the internet.  And I listen to hillary too. Hillary is very control all the time, but with this issue, hillary look reserve too. I think that is why they all pushing it to the african to settle thier matter  and staying away from it.

even the french too are abit reserve. I think they are  not sure too. I am not sure, because i dont know how the people in the south voted. I have tried getting my hands on the result of both men, but I cant find it. So I dont know.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Beaf: 4:23am On Jan 01, 2011
The Ivorian army that is causing becomerich to soil his pants will fall and capitulate in a few days. It is so weak that it is laughable, if not for the French that stopped the rebels, the stunning victories that saw more than half the country fall to them would have swept to the Coast. The French planted their army between both sides and stopped the war, otherwise there would be no Gbagbo today.

ECOMOG will simply join forces with the rebel North, land massive troops in Bouake, as well as attack in a pincer movement from the sea. Easy pickings, couple of days, job done. cool

Ivory Coast doesn't even have an airforce. shocked
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Becomrich12: 5:03am On Jan 01, 2011
Still dont bank on Jonathan getting approval from the senate, because the northerners know that thier children are going to be the ones to go. i think folarin problem may be because he is outspoken among them. and may oppose it. i dont see him having anything to with salako death. that how nutwn fight end up, that why I have called for the removal of edo,delta,bayelsa and yorubas into benin republic, it would end up bloodly from what i know of nigerian. those people are going to go after northerner and igbos at the end of the day. and see what they did in abuja. bombing the place. nigeria is at war itself, i wonder how do they except us to help others. folarin was concern about the satellite picture of ibadan. i think they are trying to shut him up.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Dede1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

The Ivorian army that is causing becomerich to soil his pants will fall and capitulate in a few days. It is so weak that it is laughable, if not for the French that stopped the rebels, the stunning victories that saw more than half the country fall to them would have swept to the Coast. The French planted their army between both sides and stopped the war, otherwise there would be no Gbagbo today.

ECOMOG will simply join forces with the rebel North, land massive troops in Bouake, as well as attack in a pincer movement from the sea. Easy pickings, couple of days, job done. cool

Have you pause for a moment and posit why the colonial powers tend to support junks from northern parts as against the southern parts in all the major conflicts in Africa. I think south/north divide will be suitable for Ivory Coast now since the iniquities of civil war are still at rest.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Olaedo1: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2011
Dede1:

Have you pause for a moment and posit why the colonial powers tend to support junks from northern parts as against the southern parts in all the major conflicts in Africa. I think south/north divide will be suitable for Ivory Coast now since the iniquities of civil war are still at rest.

Thank you and may God bless you wholesomely. You've said it all.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Tsiya(m): 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

Taking over a country is not that easy. The Americans are still struggling in Afganistan despite having a million times superior fire power.

Modern war fare is not about winning battles, is about peace after the main battle. Nigerians Army cannot afford to start an insurgency war that no one knows when it will end.

Stiff economic sanctions, couple with no fly zones, and complete marine blockade except for humanitarian aids, with massive propaganda campaign untill the people get fed up with Gbagbo would have been the better options. Attacking the country when he has support among his ethnic group will result in a long an bitter civil war, and eventually make the country ungovernable for even Mr Outtara, if he becomes the President.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by homerac7: 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2011
^^^

Very very correct my brother.
Re: West African Military Chiefs Ready To Force Gbagbo Out by Becomrich12: 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2011
you make me laugh, nigeria army can take out gbagbo in 6 hours.abidjan,martinluther,amphibian,orkar , yamasukuru ,orkar/shagari.

The issue is, he is in abidjan and civilian live around him. And apart from that looking at the satellite picture. the south is more populated than the north. I am not sure of the  Yousssof Bakayoko NEC chairman , my heart says he was playing game with the united nation man. I will prefer to send Michaelle Jean the former governor general of canada, she now work for the united nation.

And we dont want to get involve in other country problems. We can send both of them to the Africa union.

the money we would waste in this, we can use it to build houses for the army boys. Not barrack. thier own house real houses. i will rather waste the money on the boys in the nigeria army than with gbagbo

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Okay Gov. Jang’s ‘operation Rainbow'. / POLL-Today,Who Would You Vote For: GEJ Or Buhari? / Jonathan Grounds Governor Amaechi's Bombardier Jet In Akure Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.