Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,207 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians (1667 Views)

COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG / COVID-19: Ahmad Lawan Urges Buhari To Provide Relief For Poor Nigerians / Shehu Sani: Recovered Abacha Loot Should Not Be Shared To Poor Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by iykbethany(m): 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
From what is happening in Nigeria recently, it seems to me that poor Nigerians are more wicked and heartless than the politicians they are always criticizing. Give a poor man power or small opportunity and see his true color. Tomorrow they will tell me how bible says it will be difficult for the rich to make heaven, as if the bible told them anywhere that heaven is for the poor?

Look at ordinary garri that is not imported from overseas, garri is now more expensive than foreign rice Its same thing with fufu and others. What the poor people dont understand is that na dem go still suffer this stupid increases because if you increase your garri, the tomato seller as well as pepper and maggi sellers will all increase.

I went to the market yesterday and concluded that Nigeria is irredeemable. Even Jesus cannot redeem this country. Tufiakwa

That's why I don't even criticize Buhari bc if given the opportunity these poor people will be worse than Buhari.
Every opportunity we get we want to use it to extort others yet we will be crying and complaining about SARS, EFCC, APC, NEPA etc.

The only time poor people criticize corrupt politicians is when it is not benefiting them. Let a corrupt criminal rig election they will support him simply because he comes from their region or tribe or religion. Poor people are part of the problem in Nigeria, na dem dey collect 1k bribe and vote criminals into power, yet they expect the corrupt fool that bribed his way into office to work for them Even if Jesus christ come to Nigeria in 2023 Nigerians will not vote for Him, rather they will vote for a greedy/corrupt criminal that give them small small bribe.

Let me give you one example. One of the machine operators in my printing company did a printing job of 280k but he recorded 200k, because my manager was not around when that job came. How did i found out? That same customer came to the office recently to do another job and complained that the job we did for him last time was very expensive, i asked him how much was the job, he said 280k, i checked my record books and alas my machine operator wrote 200k and ate 80k? this is someone i gave free accommodation plus 85k monthly salary? Tomorrow this one will sit somewhere and condemn politicians? If you make this kind of person a governor wont he sell the entire state in 2 years? So you see, the poor people are not better or more righteous than the politicians, if the table turns the poor might be worse....

NB: I am not in any way insulting poor people, I am not rich myself, I am just saying that we should not pretend as if we are better than these corrupt politicians, because maybe if given the same opportunity we fit thief pass these people we are insulting lol.

PS: Let us not just criticize and do nothing. I understand times are hard and many of these poor women are managing, let us support them whenever we can, no matter how small:

Please read this interesting article I called: Critize & Do Something! https://iykbethanygistville.com/2020/02/14/critize-do-something/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by xcabczyxabczzzz: 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
If the government is effective the gouging of price won't be possible or even necessary.

1 Like

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Ladylite: 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
iykbethany:
From what is happening in Nigeria recently, it seems to me that poor Nigerians are more wicked and heartless than the politicians they are always criticizing. Give a poor man power or small opportunity and see his true color. Tomorrow they will tell me how bible says it will be difficult for the rich to make heaven, as if the bible told them anywhere that heaven is for the poor?

Look at ordinary garri that is not imported from overseas, garri is now more expensive than foreign rice Its same thing with fufu and others. What the poor people dont understand is that na dem go still suffer this stupid increases because if you increase your garri, the tomato seller as well as pepper and maggi sellers will all increase.

I went to the market yesterday and concluded that Nigeria is irredeemable. Even Jesus cannot redeem this country. Tufiakwa

That's why I don't even criticize Buhari bc if given the opportunity these poor people will be worse than Buhari.
Every opportunity we get we want to use it to extort others yet we will be crying and complaining about SARS, EFCC, APC, NEPA etc.

The only time poor people criticize corrupt politicians is when it is not benefiting them. Let a corrupt criminal rig election they will support him simply because he comes from their region or tribe or religion. Poor people are part of the problem in Nigeria, na dem dey collect 1k bribe and vote criminals into power, yet they expect the corrupt fool that bribed his way into office to work for them Even if Jesus christ come to Nigeria in 2023 Nigerians will not vote for Him, rather they will vote for a greedy/corrupt criminal that give them small small bribe.

Let me give you one example. One of the machine operators in my printing company did a printing job of 280k but he recorded 200k, because my manager was not around when that job came. How did i found out? That same customer came to the office recently to do another job and complained that the job we did for him last time was very expensive, i asked him how much was the job, he said 280k, i checked my record books and alas my machine operator wrote 200k and ate 80k? this is someone i gave free accommodation plus 85k monthly salary? Tomorrow this one will sit somewhere and condemn politicians? If you make this kind of person a governor wont he sell the entire state in 2 years? So you see, the poor people are not better or more righteous than the politicians, if the table turns the poor might be worse....

NB: I am not in any way insulting poor people, I am not rich myself, I am just saying that we should not pretend as if we are better than these corrupt politicians, because maybe if given the same opportunity we fit thief pass these people we are insulting lol.

PS: Let us not just criticize and do nothing. I understand times are hard and many of these poor women are managing, let us support them whenever we can, no matter how small:

Please read this interesting article I called: Critize & Do Something! https://iykbethanygistville.com/2020/02/14/critize-do-something/

Your myopic point of view is noted.

So will you keep being nice while the so called leaders cheat you and waste away what should be yours?

Pls answer...

See, every poor person is an angry person because they were either betrayed or cheated. So stop expecting people to be nice. Our Animals of leaders have made naija a jungle... Survive with your wits.

3 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Ezewuzie01: 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
The reason why Nigeria won't change is that the masses criticizing government are not doing so because they would change things if opportuned to lead but because they are not opportuned to also steal and loot from the commonwealth.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by tevinsolt: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
Today it's the masses that are wicked and holding Nigeria back
Tomorrow it is the Igbo
The day after, the politicians are the focus group
The day after, it is the Yoruba
Next week it is the uneducated Market Women, Uneducated country dwellers, the Illiterates that roam the streets of Lagos
Next month, The Pastors and their loyal Church attenders
The month after is Muric and Yoruba muslim and Fulani

Meanwhile no one does any radical thing to fix it.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by iykbethany(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ladylite:

Your myopic point of view is noted.

So will you keep being nice while the so called leaders cheat you and waste away what should be yours?

Pls answer...

See, every poor person is an angry person because they were either betrayed or cheated. So stop expecting people to be nice. Our Animals of leaders have made naija a jungle... Survive with your wits.

Please show us proof that you are better than the corrupt leaders you are criticizing?
We are all the same, dont come here and attack me. Attack the message and lets all change from our evil ways.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by daddytime(m): 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Na today you know?

It's got much to do with the black man and the color of our skin which is indeed heart-deep.

It goes way beyond the poor and politician comparison.

We are wicked by default.

1 Like

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Ladylite: 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
iykbethany:

Please show us proof that you are better than the corrupt leaders you are criticizing?
We are all the same, dont come here and attack me. Attack the message and lets all change from our evil ways.

It's the message I attacked o... Mr insecurities

If you can not read... I spoke up for the poor. Am not poor and am also not nice... Being nice keeps u poor. Even you sef... U are not morally upright too. So chill

2 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by iykbethany(m): 10:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ladylite:

It's the message I attacked o... Mr insecurities

If you can not read... I spoke up for the poor. Am not poor and am also not nice... Being nice keeps u poor. Even you sef... U are not morally upright too. So chill

Miss morally upright that can read, you said you did not attack me but you called me myopic? Well I forgive you.
Like I said, we are all the same, if the table turns today and you put all these poor people into positions of authority that is when you will see their true colors. Most Nigerians are corrupt by default, we only complain when it is not benefiting us.

1 Like

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by GamalNasser: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
The average Nigerian is a congenital extortionist and opportunist
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Goovo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
iykbethany:

you av said it all bro. I went to the market, I just shook my head.

Honestly we are too greedy and selfish in this country

2 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by a4cube: 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Why do airlines increase air tickets during busy periods , are they poor?
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by EagleNest(m): 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mr Iykbethany, I'll start by saying, "snake cannot give birth to Chimpanzee but snake". Nature dictates that "Like begets like"! While you are pillorying the unfortunate poor ones today, don't forget that the scale can flip any time and the rich, become poor. What defines a person is character regardless of his/her social status. How do you test or measure these, give him money or position of power or opportunity, like this COVID-19 time, then you'll see. System abuse is ingrained in us whether you're rich or poor. Only few ones are exception. Now you know who to hold?
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by leke12(m): 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Let me break it down for you. What u meant is that a large churnk of Nigerians are irredeemably wicked and greedy. Hence, they dont have the moral justification to criticize the government.

Alas, this is wrong assertion. Leaders are to lay down rules and enforce compliance, but when the leaders are the major transgressors to the laid down rules the followers are on auto mode to follow their path.

Esin waju ni teyin wo sare!

2 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by desiredhome: 11:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
The people that always attack politicians and the government are the same people that will always cheat at any given opportunity.

An average Nigerian is selfish and greedy, it's that same poverty mindset that will make them collect money from politicians to vote for them and still come here and complain of poverty and hunger in the land

That is Nigerian way of life, they will complain, insult politicians but they are doing worst in their places of business/work

2 Likes

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by desiredhome: 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
a4cube:
Greed

1 Like

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Ladylite: 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
iykbethany:

Miss morally upright that can read, you said you did not attack me but you called me myopic? Well I forgive you.
Like I said, we are all the same, if the table turns today and you put all these poor people into positions of authority that is when you will see their true colors. Most Nigerians are corrupt by default, we only complain when it is not benefiting us.

Oga, Bros... Myopic was about your point of view.

1 Like

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Heineken(m): 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
leke12:
Let me break it down for you. What u meant is that a large churnk of Nigerians are irredeemably wicked and greedy. Hence, they dont have the moral justification to criticize the government.

Alas, this is wrong assertion. Leaders are to lay down rules and enforce compliance, but when the leaders are the major transgressors to the laid down rules the followers are on auto mode to follow their path.

Esin waju ni teyin wo sare!
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by beejay247: 12:06am On Apr 06, 2020
I have always wanted to write about this...You are absolutely right.. Sometimes, I don't blame the rich when they don't help.

1 Like

Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by abobote: 12:08am On Apr 06, 2020
Nice observation, but stop using Jesus, name in your instances as if Jesus na ur mate
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Mightyhaiz: 12:14am On Apr 06, 2020
Go and farm cassava, harvest it,process it and go through the rigours of transportation under this covid lockdown and then come and sell a big bowl of it for 2h.. I promise you, your name will be written in gold.. But if you can't,then better put a drape over your mouth..na small pikin dey worri you
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by sapientia(m): 12:18am On Apr 06, 2020
I used to sing that poor people are very wicked.

Later I realized that its survival confusion
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Mightyhaiz: 12:21am On Apr 06, 2020
a4cube:
I doubt whether the guy brain go fit process this your question o.. Average Nigerians like outburst without a second critical look at things.. Reason why jungle justice is rife..

Humans by nature are opportunistic.. Nobody hustles to throwaway his sweat. And ever poor person will seize any opportunity to be rich. Nobody actually loves the poverty cadre..

If he feels the woman's garri is expensive,he should ask himself why more people or even govt are not involved in the gsrri business,so that there will be excess garri and the price will automatically crash.. The truth be say na market woman turn now to shine.. If he feels depressed about it,he should by first light of this morning crash into nearby bush ,start to clear and cultivate cassava stems
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Mightyhaiz: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2020
I have a trade of my own,..once I notice unusual patronage for a particular good or group of goods,I make enquiries to know if it is becoming a scarce commodity in the market..and if it is,I will jack the price up,..if the patronage persists or increases I will keep hiking the price.. Same as when there is a glut or sth and patronage is unusually slow for a particular good.. One can sell far below cost price,so as to recoup sth ,before the good expires in the shop.. Simple economics.. ! If garri were everywhere,..believe me,these women after a long day of low patronage can decide to auction even below cost prices,so that their wares will not get spoilt.. So don't blame them for taking opportunities..u won't do otherwise in same circumstance
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Bennyidu(m): 1:28am On Apr 06, 2020
Success is not a property of Americans and poverty the inheritance of NIGERIANS but a product of the mind. The mind works by what it's fed upon.
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 06, 2020
iykbethany:

Lol Op you are late to the party. You see the middle class Nigerians?? Those are the ones you can reason with. Buh you see that poor man? He’s not wicked because he is poor NO, he is poor becaus he is wicked lol
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by balaclava: 5:08am On Apr 06, 2020
The rich are getting richer
The poor are getting GREEDY
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 06, 2020
OP it's either you don't understand economics and demand which is a class three ECONOMICS or you don't understand you government is not fair to its citizens

A man that pays high amount for his NEPA BILL IN CASH AND COMPLETE AND STILL BUY PETROL TO RUN HIS GENERATOR AT SAME POINT

Before he's admitted in hospital or treated in hospital HE PAYS FIRST even if he's dying

He buys the water he drinks and the one he cooks and bath with

He survives with daily income

WHEN THERE'S HIGH DEMAND OF CRUDE OIL....DO YOUR GOVERNMENT SELL IT CHEAP?....DO PETROL PUMP PRICE REMAINE THE SAME EVEN AS OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY OR DOES IT GO HIGH?

THE POOR MAN IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM....NO MATTER THE PROBLEM YOU SEE....NO MATTER HOW SMALL IN THE SOCIETY..... IT WAS CONTRIBUTED BY PAST AND PRESENT LEADERSHIP

NIGERIA SHOULDN'T HAVE EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by TruthSpeaker: 5:43am On Apr 06, 2020
LAW OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY COULD EASILY JUSTIFY WHY STAPLE FOOD PRICES HAVE ALL GONE UP.
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by MYHUBBY: 5:57am On Apr 06, 2020
Half of paint now 400 at my side, I shock. Garri was 300 for paint before. Nigerians aren't helping matter at all.

Price regulations is one thing that's hard to work in Nigeria because the govt aren't sincere
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 06, 2020
You cannot blame them.Most of them are illiterates and rely on crumbs from the fantastically corrupt politicians.
Re: Poor Nigerians Are Very Wicked And Heartless Than Politicians by walexbiz(m): 6:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Sir, I get your drift and I totally support it, let me support your argument with these two examples;

(1) whenever it rains poor people doing driver and conductor will increase the bus fare just because they know you have no alternative.

(2) when the Lagos state government ban commercial. Motorcycle and tricycle, the vehicles plying those root increase their fare even when the price of petrol was reduced their prices never came down.

The truth remains that poor people are the enemies of the masses, they easily fall prey to anything, only few of them have integrity and even the poor amongst them who display good character and behaviour they castigate and bad mouth him. The poor are always looking for avenue to cut corners. Even when the rich want to perpetuate crime it's the poor that becomes the willing tool for them.

On a last note, a group of people asked the holy prophet (SAW) that when the lord gives us a bad leader what should we do, he replied that they should change their ways.

I'd hope may the Almighty protect we and our families in these trying time, while we show the spirit of love to one another.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bunch Of Fools Calling Themselves Federal Government / Ajimobi Is Dead / Some SE towns(nnamdi Azikuwe) Were From Benin Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.