Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (118730 Views)

What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Torie8(f): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
Weldon Op
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:

Please define mischief. There are worse places than this in PORT HARCOURT. We shall do phase two outing , maybe later In the week

Well done, bro. You are doing a nice job.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by omoadeleye(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
This place is horrible, they should be living in the bush is better than this eyesores this OP is showing us...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by nokatakata: 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dantedasz:

Be honest, have you ever seen a thread about Port Harcourt showing Okrika or Abonema water fronts as show pieces of Port Harcourt? These areas are hidden under the myth of the garden city. In fact most residents of Port Harcourt do not know such areas even exist.

That's because somebody took these pictures and posted it online. If people start to post pictures of some areas in Lagos, ogun, Ibadan, kane, Kaduna, enugu , Anambra, benue, abia, you will understand that it is same thing all over the country.

The govt has failed and some people are dirty too. The papers and dirts all around did not just appear there. Spirits did not liter everywhere with filths. The humans who live there made it dirty and refused to clean it .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Chekwume16(m): 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
There is no lock down in pH. I am there now and people are just going about their normal businesses

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by habebe1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Damn this is so bad. These are streets and facilities my parents used to brag about as their "Port Harcourt Township" while growing up.

Nothing has been done in decades to give these places a facelift. It's a big shame for one of the largest oil producing cities in the world. I give up on Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by goaldynman(m): 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
So Port Harcourt dirty pass Aba and Lagos?!! grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Sheuns(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
One thing synonymous with most Nigerians is dirt and filth. Igbo Yoruba and Hausas are all in this. There’s no city/town you’ll go to in this country that you won’t find litters around. We need to change our attitudes towards this bad habit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by lafiagi007: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
Some people will come and be telling us north is under developed .
See the ghetto referred to as the capital of an oil producing state, you can't compare Kano city to this.
grin grin grin.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Abagworo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:
Creek road market is still under lockdown

Chino do you want to see the lock down of Onitsha? I've read your motive already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by GoodBoi1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
Don't be deceived, this is like the old part of Port Harcourt. Besides pictures like this can be found in other states in Nigeria. This thread is just propaganda. There are so many developed places and dont think it is because the "rich" live there

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Ventura1: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
nokatakata:

Oga there is no upgraded place anywhere. The so called upgraded places you see are like that because rich people live there and did their best to make it look presentable. There is nothing like govt in the whole of Nigeria. It's all man for himself. Have you seen some roads in ikoyi and V.I and wonder why they look so terrible even with big beautiful houses surrounding them? Have you been to Lekki and see the river they drive through because they have no drainages when it rains and the roads are bad? Rich people live there, pay taxes but will never open their mouth to challenge their LG chairmen...instead they'll keep buying SUVs to manoeuvre bad roads.

When Nigerians are truly ready for change, they know what to do. But for now, we can keep making noise.

Some notorious areas in Agege, Alimosho, Ifako Ijaiye are getting a facelift, these a slumlike communities in Lagos unlike VI, Lekki, Ikoyi you mentioned.
I'm talking about the environment in general not just roads, the roads in these pictures aren't bad.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Legendguru: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
ye
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Menance: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
Faithful007:
Guy u are really mischievous

Very very mischievous.. With intentions best known to him..
Like these are the only areas in pH.. There's no city in Nigeria that doesn't dirty areas

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by leicestercamper: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:

Chino do you want to see the lock down of Onitsha? I've read your motive already.
[/s]

Hopeless old man, do you want to see the lockdown of Owerri? Why are you bastard linking chino to this?

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Seventy7kings: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:

Please define mischief. There are worse places than this in PORT HARCOURT. We shall do phase two outing , maybe later In the week
chai! shocked grin grin grin
I wont say a word. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Dantedasz(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
wealth25:
I was born in Port Harcourt and I also grew up I'm port harcourt....and I have never in my life come across a place like this in ph...please stop trending lies...must u post??

You need to move around more because these places really exist!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Okay, OP intentionally went to Port Harcourt Slums to take pics, Port Harcourt city is much neater and beautiful. Fear no go gree me enter all these places.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by ChinoElects: 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

You better stay away from this , useless old man. Or you want to see lockdown on Owerri?

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by senatordave1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Karac:
This OP na comedian I swear. I don laff tire. Oya confess. Who were you trying to shade?
He's trying to shade kinematics and other ph people

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by atoki(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Port harcourt township,very dirty.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by dandyspak: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
wealth25:
I was born in Port Harcourt and I also grew up I'm port harcourt....and I have never in my life come across a place like this in ph...please stop trending lies...must u post??
Oga! The pix is PH. 90% of the pix I viewed are along the creek road market axis. PH is a clean city to an extent but just like every other city in naija, there are traces of unemployment areas (ghetto or slums)

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Those who said is not PH should visit Harbour road and Nembe waterside.

The picture is same area as OP describe it.

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Africankel(m): 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Your representation of Port Harcourt is wrong and mischievous. You particularly chose to show pictures of slums to mislead people.

Pictures of Old Port Harcourt Township without streets like Aggrey Road, Bonny Street, Niger Street, Hospital Road, Bernard Carr, and, Moscow Road, Bank Road, Station Road, renders your representation null and void.

Diobu, another slum, likened to Ajegunle in Lagos, without pictures of Ikwerre Road, Udi Street, Abakaliki Street, Elechi Beach, Illoabuchi, Nanka and Afikpo Streets, again makes your representation invalid.

If you must show Port Harcourt to the world for what it truly is, pictures of Old GRA, Aba Road, Trans Amadi, New GRA, Ada George, Agip, Stadium Road and Elekahia must make the list.

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Richieniit: 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Whoever snap this pics is very stupid. Intentionally went to look for bad, dirt n slum just to tarnish ph city. Useless fellow.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by ChinoElects: 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
No be the same PORT HARCOURT wey I dey?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Moz22: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:
Boats are on lockdown too at Nembe waterside
you call these boats?
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Moventist: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
This is Port Harcourt

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by ChinoElects: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:
I moved extensively around PH yesterday to monitor how people were coping with the lockdown in Port Harcourt city.

You dey lie oo.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Corrinthians:
This Wike is nothing but a loudmouth and a brute. All the noise from pdp supporters over his performance have been proven here to be nothing but White Lies.

Mr infrastructure my ass. cheesy
That is what the OP wants you to think, I lived in PH for 10 years, I have never seen or been to a place this dirty. Where the OP is going are inside Slums you won't go looking for anyone on a normal day.

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by uuzba(m): 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
akinegba1:
Port Harcourt township was planned by the British. It is still the best planned area in Nigeria, even better planned than Abuja

Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri were planned by the British.
Abuja was planned by Nigerians. Abuja is a pile of jaga-jaga misplanning.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Karac: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
senatordave1:

He's trying to shade kinematics and other ph people

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders / The Crystal Service immigration Scam / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.