Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria (3689 Views)

Age Of Revolutions By Fareed Zakaria Pdf / Tinubu Has Intervened In Fubara, Wike Rift - PDP Govs Forum Chair, Mohammed / Buhari: South-West People Would Have Been Trekking, If I Hadn’t Intervened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by APCNig: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
The Zoo will fall. It is clear now to everybody.

You and your parents are in the Zoo.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by Bevista: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
APCNig:
The so called developed nation this CNN idiot is calling on are in hot soup without thousands of the racist idiots dying daily. They better come and learn from Buhari and Sanwo-Olu how to manage crisis before the Corona wipes them off from the world map. Useless racist white pigs.
You really think our low numbers is as a result of how well we're managing the situation? Not sure Fareed meant any ill in his commentary. He is originally from India, so I don't think he was trying to denigrate India & Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by AndroBlaze: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
SoNature:

No living organism survives in intense heat, including human beings.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-hiv-live-outside-the-body#how-it-spreads

This is common sense

Yes, I have gone through the WHO Covid-19 Q&A, and what they said was that the evidence isn't available yet not that it's FALSE.

The reason is that researchers are still trying to learn more about the virus even as they race to develop a vaccine for it.

I mentioned weather as a contributory factor...

Must we lie to win an argument when lives are involved?

Who mentioned intense heat here, does any human being live in the sun?

Here is a link to the website from the same WHO you claimed to have scoured their website.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

Keep misleading people like our 5G conspirators.

Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by Biafrarep(m): 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
I hope things don't excalate and get to levels as seen in places like Italy, Spain and US otherwise it would be nothing short of the apocalypse.

I hope we are not living in a fools paradise by feeling safe with NCDC's low numbers while the virus is silently sweeping across the country.

I shiver each time I imagine the living conditions of millions of people in places like Lagos, Kano, and Abuja among others. If it hits some of the highly congested and filthy slum settlements in these cities, what will happen? Bodies littering the streets, hospitals over flowing and without basic equipment, tightened lockdown by an overwhelmed, corrupt band incompetent government, a hunger ravaged and hopeless and angry populace, total breakdown of law and order, a collapse of institutions, and ultimately total anarchy!!

The above scenario is what the world is already imagining about Nigeria in the coming weeks and months. That is probably why the West are hurriedly evacuating their citizens from Nigeria.

The truth is that Nigeria is currently standing on a cliff!!
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by Danzakidakura(m): 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
God punish U there. Manage Ur ravaged America first.
Ur wish shall never materialise for my country. When did CNN start caring about what happens here
terrorist shut up
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by ETWs: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Ur wish shall never materialise for my country. When did CNN start caring about what happens here
are very sure you listened carefully and understood what he said?
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by afube: 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
seunmsg:
Nigeria will not fall. We are a very strong country and we can withstand any situation. Fareed should be more concerned about US where thousands are dying daily and over 10m people have lost their jobs in just a month.

o really.!!!....... I have you know Nigeria is a weak country and 100 million Nigerians have never had jobs.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by seunowa(f): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
You are too dull
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by 3kay945(m): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Biafrarep:
I hope things don't excalate and get to levels as seen in places like Italy, Spain and US otherwise it would be nothing short of the apocalypse.

I hope we are not living in a fools paradise by feeling safe with NCDC's low numbers while the virus is silently sweeping across the country.

I shiver each time I imagine the living conditions of millions of people in places like Lagos, Kano, and Abuja among others. If it hits some of the highly congested and filthy slum settlements in these cities, what will happen? Bodies littering the streets, hospitals over flowing and without basic equipment, tightened lockdown by an overwhelmed, corrupt band incompetent government, a hunger ravaged and hopeless and angry populace, total breakdown of law and order, a collapse of institutions, and ultimately total anarchy!!

The above scenario is what the world is already imagining about Nigeria in the coming weeks and months. That is probably why the West are hurriedly evacuating their citizens from Nigeria.

The truth is that Nigeria is currently standing on a cliff!!

This is my fear too. But my faith keep reassuring me that it won't lead to that.

It is not that we are good people but favors will shine on us.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by snitchbitch: 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
Stop saying bad things with your mouth. Stop being a prophet of doom. We ve already enough problems on ground, profer solutions to them and not add to them. Tell us the way forward with constructive criticism and not finger pointing and self baptism. We are all in this together. Right now you will wish your worst enemy were your best friend.

I was listening to one analyst on radio and he said that the problems on ground now is not even only about corona virus but after the virus has gone. He said that a recession is likely because the expenses the govt has on its neck is more than the money or revenue she is generating. Though I pray we don't go into recession. So the issue on ground now is even more of economy than disease!!!

May God save us!!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by pedrilo: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2020
his concern is in bad fate.
To him, naija is a terrorist country that shud be tamed b4 we get a reason to attack d world.
I blame d handlers of boko haram for dis type of perception from the int'l community
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by DabuIIIT: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2020
donphilopus:

You think the secessionists would be exempted? If that virus ravages Nigeria, no region would be left out.

Your prayers against and wish for the secessionists shall backfire and be upon your own head and that of your household alone.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by Subduer: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2020
Biafrarep:

I shiver each time I imagine the living conditions of millions of people in places like Lagos,
Biafrans DON'T shiver. They figure out a way. Now they allow Nigerians to kill themselves, & run things aground.
On their own as Biafrans, you would see Ukiwe, Ngozi, Nnaji, Madueke, Jim, Onu, Obi, et al, mobilise their scientists from around the world. And you know they're DESIROUS to come. No shaking.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by Subduer: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Your prayers against and wish for the secessionists shall backfire and be upon your own head and that of your household alone.
How do expect them to understand? Without similar work ethics, or culture. They presume that stacking away oil money can save them, until Book Haram show them shege, at least.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by mrvitalis(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Summery of of Nigerian problem in one post
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by Subduer: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2020
snitchbitch:

I was listening to one analyst on radio and he said that the problems on ground now is not even only about corona virus but after the virus has gone. He said that a recession is likely because the expenses the govt has on its neck is more than the money or revenue she is generating. Though I pray we don't go into recession. So the issue on ground now is even more of economy than disease!!!

May God save us!!!!
Those who voted Buhari are having exactly what they bargained for. Buhari is doing whatever he can to PUSH RESOURCES to his region, either by borrowing for other regions to pay, or by grabbing other people's tribal lands in the name of RUGA or Fulani Cattle Colonisation. Recession Buhari is INEVITABLE.
Re: Coronavirus: The World Will Wish It Intervened If Nigeria Falls - Fareed Zakaria by SciLab: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Nigeria doesn't need any donation, they should take all the money from the politicians and put the politicians on minimum wage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun's Possible Police Mugshot From 1986 / Photos: Wike,Davido Sighted In France With Other PDP Governors / Rufai Asked Obi About Economy, Obi's Answer, I Went To Prison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.