Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party (39071 Views)

Owerri Man Says That People Who Attended March For Obi Were Imported (Video) / Fact Check: Are Bishops, Pastors Who Attended Shettima's Unveiling Fake? / Gumi Blasts Politicians Who Attended Yusuf Buhari's Wedding With Hired Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by zakim(m): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2020
Lagos State Government is to prosecute all those who attended Saturday’s birthday party hosted by Nollywood star, Funke Akindele-Bello. The state Attorney-General, Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN), said on Monday that they would be prosecuted for flouting social distancing regulation of the state.

He disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) shortly after an Ikeja chief magistrates’ court convicted and sentenced Akindele-Bello and her husband for flouting the regulation. NAN reports that Chief Magistrate Yewande Aje-Afunwa sentenced Akindele and her husband to 14 days community service each.

Aje-Afunwa also imposed N100,000 fine on each of them, directing that they should be isolated for 14 days. The attorney-general said that efforts were being intensified to arrest all those who attended the party held at Amen Estate in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos. According to him, all the attendees will be made to face the full wrath of the law. “Once they are apprehended, they will face charges. “Today, the state charged two people to court for violating the Infection Disease Regulation of Lagos State Government.

“They pleaded guilty and the court has sentenced them to pay a fine of N100, 000 each, to observe community service for 14 days and to be kept in isolation in a place to be decided by the Lagos State Ministry of Health,” he said. Onigbajo noted that the movement restriction was put in place to protect the lives of the residents. “Everybody is urged to familiarise themselves with this law and to comply with it; otherwise, the long arm of government will reach out to them sooner than later.

“This sentence should serve as a deterrent to everybody, nobody is bigger than the law,” he told NAN. Aje-Afunwa while sentencing the couple had ordered that they should provide the personal details of the attendees of the party. “Each defendant shall provide the names, addresses and GSM numbers of every person who attended the party within 24 hours,” she said. NAN reports that Akindele was arrested by the police on April 5 for flouting the social distancing regulation of the Lagos State Government.

The actress had on April 4 hosted many people including Azeez Fashola (alias Naira Marley) to her husband’s 43rd birthday party at their residence located at Amen Estate, Eleko Beach Road, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos. Videos of the party were posted and circulated on social media platforms. According to the police, efforts are ongoing to arrest other persons featured in the video. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-to-prosecute-all-who-attended-funke-akindeles-party.html

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by kalufelix(m): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
.Good... their 100k each would go a long way..since they decided to be foolish..when i remember its a birthday party i even get more pissed..I guess the ceremony has been a very "remarkable" one afterall ...Good riddance!

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Foxman19: 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Very good. People are dying you are dining wine with your friends Because the victims are not your family.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by NwaNimo1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Tinubu was there.....I will testify....i drove him self....in the bullion van

[img]https:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Moji12(f): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kilode e don do, abeg face a more challenging issue undecided or better still force them to isolate for 2 weeks under strict supervision so we can hear word jare. angry

12 Likes

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by emmabest2000(m): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
Many may think that the punishment is too harsh
But trust me, had it been that Funke house party during lockdown was overlooked

Many 9jar yeyebrities should have follow her step and start throwing parties up and down

Serve them right, they deserve every punishment they receive

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by APOPTOSIS: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
.... blame it on 5G as usual

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by NotNairalandi(m): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
Operation Hide and Seek... grin

Funkeee! Apostle must hear this!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Coronavirus84: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
To dey go birthday party dis period na serious wahala oooooo. 100k fine, where will I get the money if to say I go for the birthday? Am sure by now the poor cameraman go don run to his village. Of all, No body is above the law. Funke akindele and her husband should be posted to Mushin Market for their community services. Good luck brainless husband and wife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Naira marley and crimes

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Onlinealaba(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Government is really cashing out big time, 100k each ..well the only positive thing about this news is it shows no one is above the law, a lesson to others

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Rapmoney(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
How will they be able to arrest everybody? How can they identify those who attended but did not show in the video?

Foxman19:
Very good. People are dying you are dining wine with your friends Because the victims are not your family.

Make money. No be dem cause the hardship for your country. Entertaining many people was bad at this time but don't start sounding as if you hold a grudge against them for having enough resources to wine and dine. Hustle!

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by lanetrips: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hmmm am just indifferent

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by ud4u: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
This people don't have hand work again
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Greyworld: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Thank God I did not attend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by hopexter(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Scapegoats undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Martinola(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
So, i would've had to face the jury had i honoured the invitation and attended?...
Pls nobody shud quote me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Richdad50(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
shocked
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Htvjbyyyg: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Foxman19:
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by blank(f): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Including the ex governorship candidate? lipsrsealed

Edited.

Arrested already.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Jac007(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
I like naira marley but can't wait to see him sweep from kappa to arena market at oshodi. Marlians are the only people left on that road.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by tolu4you: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Funke will soon be an ex convict? I don't understand.
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by emeijeh(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Stupidity at its peak for all who attended.
Let them go after all of them.

Naira Marley, come out !
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Jimmyubah2: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jeniva and her husbandy will pay for all.
Make them no worry owo yakpa.
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
I was there too.. How will dey catch mi?
I dey my room grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by HomorBj(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
After all,we deserve the kind of leaders we have in this country.Look at Lagosians@Gbagada doing exercise in the middle of the road,who cursed this country? Even when the government is sensitizing people on the need to stay indoors,this ones had the guts to host a party even lie that were all together for about 14days.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Lisa001: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good for them,This should teach them a lesson to show the law is a respecter of nobody
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by Golden057(m): 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Funke will find it hard to believe she's going through this, she should know that though Nigeria govt is always a bunch of useless entities but however you must not under-rate them or over rate yourself because when they choose to deal with you, it will be like its the whole world that is against you.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by moscobabs(m): 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
cool who will prosecute the crowd in the court?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
grin
Re: Lagos To Prosecute Everyone Who Attended Funke Akindele’s Party by dreamwords: 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babangida: "I Will Vote For An Igbo President In 2019 If I Find One" / Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election / Victims Of Shitte & Army Clash Robbed (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.