Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic (38965 Views)

Reverse Cattle Movement Ban, Miyetti Allah Begs Soludo / 'I Choose God' - Dino Melaye Says As He Flaunts Expensive Power Bike (Photo) / 5G: Dino Melaye Says They Are Threatening Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Gemid94(m): 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
The former Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye on Sunday, said President Muhammadu Buhari has no democratic right to take over affairs of States without the express approval of the Senate.

The former lawmaker made this statement on his official Facebook handle following the live Presidential broadcast of the No. 1 citizen earlier today, 29th March 2020 where the latter was quoted to have ordered the restriction of movement in Abuja, Lagos and Ogun.

"You will recall that I had a broadcast one week ago asking the for the lockdown of Abuja and Lagos. This buttresses the fact that I support measures to contain the Coronavirus pandemic but, it must be done in accordance with the law, " Melaye said.

"Nigeria is practicing constitutional Democracy and it is an absurdity for the President to take over the affairs of any state of the federation without the express approval of the State House of Assembly, " he added.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/presidential-broadcast-you-have-no-democratic-right-to-take-over

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Goodgod213: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
Are banks open tomorrow?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by TIGRITIS: 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by GamalNasser: 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Buhari can't get anything right

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Officialgarri: 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
GamalNasser:

Really?

But you guys asked for border closure! shocked

Kindly tell us what you expect him to do undecided

284 Likes 20 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by GamalNasser: 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
Officialgarri:

Really?

But you guys asked for border closure! shocked

Kindly tell us what you expect him to do undecided

Lagos was already in lockdown for the past 6days and we were doing great so why did he have to announce the same level of lock down and trigger another round of inflation , panic buying and uncertainty ? Why ? Didn't he know Lagos was already in lock down? And besides he doesn't even have the power to do this without consulting the Governor and state assembly

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by senatordave1(m): 12:13am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:
You are a wrong fellow.did you say this when governors were shutting borders

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by senatordave1(m): 12:14am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Lagos was already in lockdown for the past 6days and we were doing great so why did he have to announce the same level of lock down and trigger another round of inflation , panic buying and uncertainty ? Why ? Didn't he know Lagos was already in lock down? And besides he doesn't even have the power to do this without consulting the Governor and state assembly
Did sanwoolu consult the assembly? Is it a must to criticize for criticism sake? You have nothing to say so respect your old age

306 Likes 24 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by yyba: 12:16am On Mar 30, 2020
DINO MILAYE you are a coward, but banning movements in USA, ITALY and UK is democratic ?

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Officialgarri: 12:23am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Stop lying. Lagos was not locked down. Stop feeding your self with lies.

https://www.nairaland.com/5760892/gov-sanwo-olu-denies-rumour-curfew

And when did President start seeking permission from a governor or did you hear that Sanwo consulted his state house?
Most of y'all aren't constructive in criticism, rather it shows hatred.

213 Likes 21 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by GamalNasser: 12:32am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Stop lying. Lagos was not locked down. Stop feeding your self with lies.

And when did President start seeking permission from a governor or did you hear that Sanwo consulted his state house?
Most of y'all aren't constructive in criticism, rather it shows hatred.

You Buharists and low IQ ? Is lockdown the same with Curfew?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Officialgarri: 12:36am On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

You Buharists and low IQ ? Is lockdown the same with Curfew?
I give up on you. I was apparently wasting my time. I apologize to myself

240 Likes 24 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by fredoooooo: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2020
Alaye you're free with your free madness .. una want talk una don see talk ... grin grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by GamalNasser: 12:57am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

I give up on you. I was apparently wasting my time. I apologize to myself
Apologize to your decendants already for supporting a failed Buhari

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:02am On Mar 30, 2020
grin

Buhari is above the law he can do anything and nobody can do anything

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by rockcitie: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Yes. The lockdown will be effective from 11pm tomorrow.
Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by cana882(m): 3:38am On Mar 30, 2020
Goat.. but buying luxurious cars with your constituency money is democratic right?? Goat again

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by meum: 3:40am On Mar 30, 2020
With the way democratic processes take long in this country?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 30, 2020
Does Dino know what an emergency is? I guess he doesn't.

Most people don't understand the matter on ground, so they still think it's child's play.

I just hope a cure is found immediately because I don't need a prophet to tell me that things will get worst in the coming days.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Ijaya123: 3:41am On Mar 30, 2020
Attention-seeking buffoon. A true definition of a wailer.

Second base Abeg...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by ElasticStone(m): 3:41am On Mar 30, 2020
Very brilliant Senator. We should allow democratic movement of people so that the disease can spread faster.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Franzinni: 3:41am On Mar 30, 2020
I don't like buhari but thus one he got right ... This is a good move to checkmate the spread of this virus ...Nigerians too dey waka waka ...but he for also think how people go take chop too ...

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by CanadaOrBust: 3:44am On Mar 30, 2020
Funny guy. Like he doesn’t know ours is a lawless country

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 30, 2020
Make this one go hide one place. Old man behaving like a marlian.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by CoronaVirusPro: 3:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Bingo has started barking again

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by Eriggs: 3:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Something that is supported by the constitution?
But who are these kind of idiots in our nation?So Buhari should first seek consent to restrict movement from Lagos to Abuja in order to prevent people getting infected all over the country. And you will see may fools on Nairaland supporting this idiot. One even said his business matters to him than FG saying everybody should stay at home. Suggesting that FG is suppose to share face masks and Sanitizer to every Nigerian and let them wear it to work and market everyday and the virus cannot spread that way. They have already analyzed the video of the speech and are telling us it was recorded in London! Bunch of propagandists. Very dumb comment by dumb people. They should all keep shouting it is wrong for the president to do the right thing, until coro catch dem yansh!
kennyados:
The Same group of people that are ranting before that the president has not addressed Nigeria about the virus.
Dont mind them. That is how the life of stupid people is, incoherent and lack of substance.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by jojo1415: 3:47am On Mar 30, 2020
Confused president...No movement so people should eat their dust bin abi?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic by stubbornman(m): 3:48am On Mar 30, 2020
This Dino Melaye no get sense for head at all ...like say him for still dey Nigeria if to say other countries no lock border

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abba Bichi Gets N90m Duplex As Gift - Daily Trust / Ebelechukwu Obiano Declares Senatorial Ambition, Apologises To Soludo / APC Rejects Inec’s Decision On Bauchi Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.