Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive (51373 Views)

Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by TotoNaRubber: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Tributes have been paid to a care worker who died after she was suspected to have been infected with coronavirus.

Mother-of-two Carol Jamabo, 56, worked as a carer in the community for Cherish Elderly Care in Bury.

Her family said she fell ill about a week before her death on Wednesday, and her youngest son has now tested positive for the virus.

Ms Jamabo moved to the UK from Nigeria in the early 1990s and was a key worker for more than 25 years.

She previously worked in the prison service and as an NHS administrator at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London.

Most recently, she worked as a carer in the community after moving to Bury to be closer to her two children, Tonye Selema, 25, and Abiye Selema, 22, a student at Leeds University.

Ms Jamabo became suddenly unwell at her home while with her youngest son and was then rushed to hospital.

She is not thought to have had any major underlying health conditions but did suffer from asthma.

Her nephew Dakuro Fiberesima, from Purfleet in Essex, said she deteriorated rapidly even though she was on a ventilator at Salford Royal Hospital and could not be saved.

"The youngest son is in a terrible position. He was extremely close to her. He was living with her," he said.

Mr Fiberesima added: "She was just an amazing aunt.

"Growing up in an African background, the aunts are very strict, but she was fun and had such a positive character."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-52184812

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Betakeshi: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Oh dear!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Sufisunni: 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
This is sad

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by ramaju: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
When did UK become US? I don't like what I hate.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by chatinent: 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Life like a mist

6 Likes

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Nukilia: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
Heaven rest her soul--+ Nigeria seems to be one of the safest place on earth.. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by udysweet(f): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
chatinent:
So cool.
shocked shocked
Are you serious

1 Like

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Toshlek(f): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
ramaju:
When did UK become US? I don't like what I hate.
She was a care worker in the UK.....
She died in the US.......
Quite explanatory!

8 Likes

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by sylve11: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
May be you're designed to discard your physical cloak in such a way.

Journey well Ma! sad cool
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Joefat: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
Someone is messing with my m connection.. We go fight ooo.
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Perfecttouchade: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
I no understand UK again o...whats going on there ..China has caused alot of damages already
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Graysons: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Well, at least she didn't bring it here.

6 Likes

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Choi Tamuno ehh! my people
Mbra adieu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by dannzy30(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hmmn God help us

5 Likes

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Evilgenuis: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
RIP Heroine angry
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Iwillsurvivedis: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Rip

1 Like

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by toxxnoni(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
It well
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by wilemer: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Rip
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Sundaycomputer: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
I just discovered picture of covid 19 in omo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Benesis: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
"e no dey kill black people"... they said
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by classicfrank4u(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
U
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by solecare: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
So sorry
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by kemi38034: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
jzyoq7rp95
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Kylekent59: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
shocked

Coronavirus can kill anybody. It's a no respecte of man.

RIP
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Ajanaku3015: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
This is sad
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by EdidemLord(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
We are helpless in the world
Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Very sad!

Death!

A meal served to us all..
Hot or cold.

R I P!

A quick recovery to the young man. I pray!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by oluwasegun007(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Abeg dey should come home and take herbs abeg or anything sanwo olu is giving them at yaba...

I can't be losing my country men to this west people experiment.

2 Likes

Re: Carol Jamabo Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Son Tests Positive by WaywardSon(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
A friend of mine said this corona virus is like someone who plays mortal combat from Shao khan down to Noob saibot. If you know you know sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Soot: They Have Returned With A New Strategy And In Full Force! / Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients / Remembering How I Became Blind Makes Me Sad —31-year-old Computer Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.