Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) (71377 Views)

New Onitsha General Hospital Isolation Center (photos ) / COVID-19: A 240-Bed Isolation Center In Anambra At NYSC Camp Umuawulu/Mgbakwu / Coronavirus: Father Cries Out Over Non-Treatment Of Daughter At Isolation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2020
komzygirl:
Isolation center without social distancing, that one na isolation center? I bet you, one can end up getting infected in this center. Smh

When all the patients that will be brought in are already positive, what will they be distancing them for again? You guys should try and use your brain to think before posting now!

Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by joshk(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2020
southpole:
Isolation centers are for those already infected by the virus is not for those who have not been infected. The medical workers will wear protective gears.
Cant the peraon who is treated and tested negative be reinfected if the isolation center is not well ventilated and spacious, am just asking or cant the congest affect the rate of cure.
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by facealone05(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Seriously that is my taught
komzygirl:
Isolation center without social distancing, that one na isolation center? I bet you, one can end up getting infected in this center. Smh
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2020
ucheo:
Governors are just strugling to outdo each other in the looting format called corona virus.
1000 beds in one state is praying for the corona to hit them hard..

Shame. Must we see everything from the negative perspective all the time? Do you even think that will be enough if and when this thing hits real hard?
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Fariq: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2020
9jaRealist:

Feel free to post pictures of those...
But this center was built by DANGOTE, not Gandollar. grin
>

Has been posted the time Ganduje inspect them.
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2020
facealone05:
Seriously that is my taught

Wrong thought. That's isolation center for the patients, no need for too much spacing.
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by chrisobi1: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2020
komzygirl:
i thought i was the only one that saw it
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 9:07am On Apr 07, 2020
Corrinthians:
Isolation centers are meant for only those that have been confirmed to have the sickness.

They didn't say QUARANTINE centre. Know the difference.

You have a point. However the degree of viral.load may differ. Severity may differ. I am not a doctor but I believe they should have focused less on the number of beds and more on the process/science. The only record we are chasing is zero infections.

I actually believe that the ward configuration will change after the photo op to show graduation from entry of the case to exit of the case.

But like I said I am no doctor. I am sure they are well advised. Well done Dangote, well done Kano.
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2020
Openbusiness:
Ganduje is one trillion times better than Buhari. Forget the kickback scandal, this governor is working. And FYI , no be only him dey collect kickbacks from contractors on awarded contract, na all of them dey do am, from LG Chairman, commissioners, ministers, governors etc he reach presidency sef. All of dem. But this ganduje dey drop solid projects, durable infrastructures, quality development back to back for Kano, d man no dey tire. He has transformed Kano to the Lagos of North and if we go talk true sef, Kano has better road infrastructure than Lagos. Kudos to him. And he's not a religious fanatic. Best Governor of all time in Kano State history.

So that makes it OK?

As the saying goes: “no one can ride your back unless it’s bent over”...
Sadly, it seems that so many Nigerians can wait to grab their ankles for the political class. SMH
>
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by ERockson: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2020
benbenards:

Guy. How can you place persons already tested positive in the same confined space with persons not yet tested. Use ur brain naa
Use your brain as well, Can they treat Coronavirus in that centre, What will you call the building given to the government by former president Olusegun Obasanjo? Isolation centre where Coronavirus patient can get treated? Well, This is for people not yet tested but suspected to have had contact with the Coronavirus patients and From amongst them, you will definitely find some people that will show the symptoms of the virus in the process and spread it. There should be enough space use your brain guy
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by saajus: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2020
Having 10 bed ICU ward is not a problem. Checking what is looming, 10bed ICU is as good as nothing. Maybe Kano too may have 2 or 3. God forbid if Lagos has a full breakout like New York, even 10k ventilators won't be enough.
Lagos is 22m population, New York is 20 million.
6% of COVID-19 patients get to critical stage that requires ventilators. Only 14% of that 6% will survive.
God forbid if Lagos has 100k cases, 6k ventilators will be need needed. The 10beds will be given to who is who. I pray to God that we don't get to that level before the cure is developed.

9jaRealist:

You do not need ICUs in every isolation center...
In fact, in some places, they use motels for isolation centers,

Nonetheless, the isolation center in Onikan has an ICU ward of 10 beds with ventilators...
While the rest of the center (100 beds) are simply to isolate positive but not extreme cases.
>
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by JAMO84: 9:10am On Apr 07, 2020
Niggmatic:

It is for the people that are already positive naa.
Please my brother, do not waste any of your time or God given intelligence to educate any of these Wailers, it's a complete waste of time and energy!!!
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by southpole: 9:13am On Apr 07, 2020
joshk:

Cant the peraon who is treated and tested negative be reinfected if the isolation center is not well ventilated and spacious, am just asking or cant the congest affect the rate of cure.
Those treated and tested negative for covid-19 are released immediately not kept in the same isolation centers. The kano isolation center is still under construction and would be well ventilated and installed with other necessary equipments when it becomes operational moreso that the people their know the high temperature in Kano.
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:14am On Apr 07, 2020
BreconHills:
You have a point. However the degree of viral.load may differ. Severity may differ. I am not a doctor but I believe they should have focused less on the number of beds and more on the process/science. The only record we are chasing is zero infections.

I actually believe that the ward configuration will change after the photo op to show graduation from entry of the case to exit of the case.

But like I said I am no doctor. I am sure they are well advised. Well done Dangote, well done Kano.

The “severity” is immaterial....
Because there are no cases of serial infections or re-infections.

Extreme cases will be in ICU....
While mild and asymptomatic cases will be ‘managed’ in isolation wards.
>
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:21am On Apr 07, 2020
southpole:
Those treated and tested negative for covid-19 are released immediately not kept in the same isolation centers. The kano isolation center is still under construction and would be well ventilated and installed with other necessary equipments when it becomes operational moreso that the people their know the high temperature in Kano.

Patients are NOT removed from Isolation Centers immediately they test negative...

First, because there’s a possibility there will be still some viral residues in their system as their immune systems may fluctuate up and down depending on basic things like how well they slept, which is why sometimes there are positive results after someone in treatment has tested negative. Accordingly, patients are only released after 2 consecutive negative tests about 2 or 3 days apart. Nonetheless, there’s no danger of external infection or re-infection at that point because such patient’s immune response is strong enough at that point to reject the virus.
>
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Khayceeofficial(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2020
Why do I have the feeling that this government really wants this virus getting to our people?
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2020
ERockson:
Use your brain as well, Can they treat Coronavirus in that centre, What will you call the building given to the government by former president Olusegun Obasanjo? Isolation centre where Coronavirus patient can get treated? Well, This is for people not yet tested but suspected to have had contact with the Coronavirus patients and From amongst them, you will definitely find some people that will show the symptoms of the virus in the process and spread it. There should be enough space use your brain guy

No, dude, you are describing a quarantine center...

Isolation centers are for people who have tested POSITIVE - whether or not they show symptoms...
The idea is to isolate them from the general population, so that they do not infect their families/communities.
>
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Perocom(m): 9:30am On Apr 07, 2020
Fariq:
It's 1 of 4 isolation centres.

They have no option this time around, ill-equip the place and get trapped there yourself, no way out, no flying out no coming in, case closed. Coro is too much
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by princoty(m): 9:31am On Apr 07, 2020
Fariq:
what is kano building isolation center for?.something is very fishy about all this....
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:33am On Apr 07, 2020
erico2k2:

Just beds no respirators? how are they going to treat people then?Y not use half the money to purchase respirators

The OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of the positive cases will NOT need ventilators...
In fact, in Nigeria, so far, about 95% of the cases have shown moderate to NO symptoms at all.
>
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by bkool7(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2020
komzygirl:

Anyone put there must have already tested positive.

So, social distance won't apply to them there.

But those outside...hmm.
That's where the issue is

Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Maski87: 9:34am On Apr 07, 2020
China build tarpaulin hospital, una build tarpaulin
hospital, But where una go get doctors and nurses
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2020
Looks very cramped. Isn't that also a risk factor? And no air conditioning! In KANO!!!
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by missKiffy(f): 9:36am On Apr 07, 2020
Are the beds not too close like this
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by wowo2: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2020
Not just centres to isolate people, China was building state of the art hospitals and now the other countries are doing same....
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by engrbayo1720(m): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2020
idealogical:

Dangote donated this isolation center, besides there's nothing to criticize here. When they do, you complain and when they don't, you still find something to complain about.

You just can never be satisfied no matter what..
That is why Nigeria is one of the country so difficult to rule.so many ungrateful hardly can you be applaud for any decision you made
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by engrbayo1720(m): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2020
idealogical:

Dangote donated this isolation center, besides there's nothing to criticize here. When they do, you complain and when they don't, you still find something to complain about.

You just can never be satisfied no matter what..
That is why Nigeria is one of the country so difficult to rule,too much of ungrateful citizens, many pple can critize anything but will never applaud one thing.It is well

Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Fordzzy(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2020
grin grin see as dem stand like avengers....lol

If they like they should set up...if they like they shouldn't...
The bottom line is...its for our own good...
Cz this virus kills all kinds of people....

Nor b money play again.
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by mickkywatsnaira(m): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2020
They say 25 in places of worship irrespective of capacity but am seeing over 50 beds here
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Btruth: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2020
komzygirl:
my thought exactly.....
Re: 600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) by Bighead9: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2020
Swagahyk:

You are trying to make mockery of someone but you are actually not aware that the picture you shared is that of a Pastor in Rivers State [Apostle Chibuzo of Omega Power Ministers (OPM)] sharing food to less privilaged not a Governor instead.
Stop being an fool. Read and be sure before sharing.

Realy, is this a pastor too?

You just make mockery of yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? / Yellow Sperm Vs White Sperm / Indian Man Dies After Using Glue To Seal His Penis Shut In Drug-Fuelled Romp