Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? (921 Views)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? / The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by ajadrage: 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2011
The erkhomenon ?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Ymodulus: 12:48am On Jan 02, 2011
Christ is coming no more
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:21am On Jan 02, 2011
Who cares? Let the hippie looking bagger come finally, or stay the hell away.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Ymodulus: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2011
^^ Lol funny dude
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Ymodulus: 7:50am On Jan 02, 2011
^^ Lol funny dude
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Joagbaje(m): 8:34am On Jan 02, 2011
I guess what you are making reference to the Rapture of the church.  The rapture of the church is not thesame as the The second coming of christ . The rapture is the next immediate experience for the church. It is a disappearance of Christians from the earth which will take place within split of second (twilking of an eye)

But the second coming of christ is the visitation and deliverance and salvation of Israel. When christ will deliver them from the enemy at the battle of armagedon. The whole of Israel shall be saved as a nation.they rejected their messiah once but this time they will recieve him. This will take place 7 years after the rapture .
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Ymodulus: 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

The rapture is the next immediate experience for the church. It is a disappearance of Christians from the earth which will take place within split of second (twilking of an eye)
Lol. I cant stop laughing, funny myths and legend. People will just be disappearing in a twinkle of an eye. Your God must be a magician
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

But the second coming of christ is the visitation and  deliverance and salvation  of Israel. When christ will deliver them from the enemy at the battle of armagedon. The whole of Israel shall be saved as a nation.they rejected their messiah once but this time they will recieve him. This  will take place 7 years after the rapture .
Oh, okay! So the second coming of jesus has nothing to do with other nations except the very nation that has never accepted him as their messiah from day one? That should make all christians worldwide be totally gutted, especially those of nigeria and africa as a whole. I think it will be safe to say that he will be crucified by africans(especially nigerians)again if he dares to concentrate only on israel nation whose citizens would probably crucify him one more time.

He will first of all be recrucified by the nation of israel
Then after rising 3 days later, africans will then crucify him for neglect.
After rising again after 3 days, americans in the bible belt will recrucify him, then all catholics will be next, the anglicans, then 7th day adventists, then the charismatics, etc etc. All because of neglect.

The guy better stay away for his own good if that is his plan.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Joagbaje(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2011
@jenwitemi
Are asking a question or making a mockery?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Joagbaje(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
Ymodulus:

Lol. I cant stop laughing, funny myths and legend. People will just be disappearing in a twinkle of an eye. Your God must be a magician

Several prophecies or the bible have been fulfilled. The bible still contains prophecies which are yet to be fulfilled. Its not an ordinary book . It's more current than tommorows newspaper.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2011
I am not asking any question because there is none to ask. The whole second coming of hippie jesus is just plain absurd, just like your post. Who is going to come again for the nation of nigeria or the continent of africa? Where is our own messiah? Have you ever asked yourself that question? I mean, who gives a rat's behind about Israel? To each nation, her own, no?
Joagbaje:

@jenwitemi
Are asking a question or making a mockery?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by thehomer: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

Several prophecies or the bible have been fulfilled. The bible still contains prophecies which are yet to be fulfilled. Its not an ordinary book . It's more current than tommorows newspaper.

Not this again. Did the Bible writers know anything about the Americas, Australia or Antarctica?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Orton10(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
Jenwitemi:

I am not asking any question because there is none to ask. The whole second coming of hippie jesus is just plain absurd, just like your post. Who is going to come again for the nation of nigeria or the continent of africa? Where is our own messiah? Have you ever asked yourself that question? I mean, who gives a rat's behind about Israel? To each nation, her own, no?
Jenwitemi:

Who cares? Let the hippie looking bagger come finally, or stay the hell away.

Abeg if you no get better thing to talk, pls kindly save ur breath and take a hike outta here!, mtchewwwwwwwwwww.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2011
Why don't you say something for yourself or shut the bleep up, yourself. I am entitled to my own opinion, abi no be so? Nonsense and third coming. Mtscheeeewww! cool
Orton1_0:

Abeg if you no get better thing to talk, pls kindly save your breath and take a hike outta here!, mtchewwwwwwwwwww.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Ymodulus: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2011
Orton1_0:

Abeg if you no get better thing to talk, pls kindly save your breath and take a hike outta here!, mtchewwwwwwwwwww.
shut up. And listen to the truth than that myth and legend of a second coming
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
Don't mind him, jare.
Ymodulus:

Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Joagbaje(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
Jenwitemi:

thehomer:

Not this again. Did the Bible writers know anything about the Americas, Australia or Antarctica?

This is the time for the nations . We are in what the bible call THE AGE OF THE GENTILES. That is why you guys needs to get saved fast now. The attention of God is not on israel at the moment because they are experiencing blindness. God attention is on Nigeria, America, africa, Australia etc. And all the nations you are advocating for. But after the rapture , the attention of God will shift to Israel again. 

Romans 11:25-26
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

You can be part of the numbers of the gentile nations today.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by thehomer: 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

This is the time for the nations . We are in what the bible call THE AGE OF THE GENTILES. That is why you guys needs to get saved fast now. The attention of God is not on israel at the moment because they are experiencing blindness. God attention is on Nigeria, America, africa, Australia etc. And all the nations you are advocating for. But after the rapture , the attention of God will shift to Israel again. 

Romans 11:25-26
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

You can be part of the numbers of the gentile nations today.

Of course this does not excuse the absence of such large landmasses, but then it seems like according to you, God has changed his mind about Israel yet again. And is determined to keep doing this until he damns a lot of them along with the majority of humans that ever lived.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Joagbaje(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2011
thehomer:

Of course this does not excuse the absence of such large landmasses, but then it seems like according to you, God has changed his mind about Israel yet again. And is determined to keep doing this until he damns a lot of them along with the majority of humans that ever lived.

That's not what the scriptures say. Why don't you study the bible and stop assuming
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by thehomer: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

That's not what the scriptures say. Why don't you study the bible and stop assuming

The Bible does not mention the Americas or Australia or do you think it does?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by petres007(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
Joagbaje:

I guess what you are making reference to the Rapture of the church.  The rapture of the church is not the same as the The second coming of christ . The rapture is the next immediate experience for the church. [/b]It is [b]a disappearance of Christians from the earth which will take place within split of second (twilking of an eye)

@JoeAgbaje,

Anyway.  .  .  grin

I really shouldn't be surprised you've said this sha. It's standard WolF end time teaching.

I'll just address this your unbiblical idea of Christians disappearing "in the twinkling of an eye" as stated by you in the quote above.

Here's the passage from 1 Corinthians 15 where Paul used that phrase "in the twinkling of an eye" -

[i]50 I tell you this, brethren: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

51 Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 [color=#990000]in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye
, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

53 For this perishable nature must put on the imperishable, and this mortal nature must put on immortality.
[/color][/i]

The phrase as used by Paul, has absolutely nothing to do with a sudden/secret disappearance of Christians as bandied about by you WolFers, Uncle Joe  grin grin grin

Na just classical WolF Modus Operandi - take a verse of scripture out of context and make it say something very different from what the author was talking about grin

Paul was talking about the changing of our earthly, mortal bodies to the incorruptible, immortal ones which every one who rests in Christ (and of course, those alive at the time) will receive, "in the twinkling of an eye", at the return of the Lord Jesus.  wink
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Orton10(m): 12:53am On Jan 03, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Why don't you say something for yourself or shut the bleep up, yourself. I am entitled to my own opinion, abi no be so? Nonsense and third coming. Mtscheeeewww! cool

Nahh i don't think so. You've gat a point though, You're entittled to your opinion quite alright but sometimes its better you keep 'em to yourself cos nobody cares!.If you're looking for someone nu exchange words with, sorry spooky i ain't gat dat time. Take a hike bro, it might help.k
Ymodulus:

Are you now his mouth-piece?
Bussy body, na who ask you?, what truth?, i don't recall anybody lying about anything, oopps sorry i forgot, your conjones are experiencing some kinda stress or strain. No wonder ur bitchy fat phuck of a mother named you M-od-u-lu-lu. Outta ma sight nigga.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2011
Why don't you quit playing the hurt card, huh? If i slap you on one cheek, why don't you be a good christian and turn the other so i can punch it? grin
Orton1_0:

Nahh i don't think so. You've gat a point though, You're entittled to your opinion quite alright but sometimes its better you keep 'em to yourself cos nobody cares!.If you're looking for someone nu exchange words with, sorry spooky i ain't gat dat time. Take a hike bro, it might help.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by ajadrage: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2011
[/quote]
Ymodulus:
Christ is coming no more
Well okay, it's your funeral  grin

Joagbaje link=topic=577843.msg7447226#msg7447226 date=1293953669:

I guess what you are making reference to the Rapture of the church
This must be where y'all got it all wrong, the rapture ain't even mentioned in the Bible, and events in various passages of the Holy Book such as Matthew 24:29-31, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, Revelation 1:7, etc., are all descriptions of one single event irrespective of the name that stubborn humankind (especially Christiandom) had chosen to ascribe to it. This event is the reentry of that Spirit being who was born into the Earth as man, was killed and then resurrected unto a 'Son of God' status, a status that the Saints hope to achieve in the wonderful news of salvation. Soonest, he is coming to take his rightful place in the order of creation and assume the Dominion that the Earth will become under his rule.

So, what does rapture mean again? Okay, who is coming to do the rapturing might I ask? Ain't it King Jesus? At least, this should pass for a second coming na undecided

Ymodulus:
Your God must be a magician
Hmmm, okay, na u and Jehovah go solve this one. . .

Jenwitemi:
Oh, okay! So the second coming of jesus has nothing to do with other nations except the very nation that has never accepted him as their messiah from day one?
stop Press!!! The modern day jewish State of Israel should and must not not be identified with the ecclesiastic Israel of Jah. First of all and most simplistically, the modern Jewish State is not a Christian State, second, it is not the same twelve tribe Israel nation of the Jewish Scriptures, thirdly, the Jewish Scriptures had the twelve tribes without Levi, and with two of Josephs sons to make up the number, but the Greek Scriptures hold the ecclesiastic Israel to be Levi inclusive, and Joseph standing alone to make up the number, fourthly, there is at present no means of direct identification as to which particular tribe a Jew in the 21st century belong to. I could go on, but make I chill small. The new Israel cut across race and geography, and it certainly ain't political. . .

Joagbaje:
I must concur here. . .  smiley

Jenwitemi:
Tsk tsk, where thou art, oh tolerance!?

thehomer:
Yes it did, even the Forest States of the West African Coast, including your people I believe, (and I mine too). . .

petres_007:
Clear enough. . .

[quote author=Jenwitemi link=topic=577843.msg7453578#msg7453578 date=1294065232] If i slap you on one cheek, why don't you be a good christian and turn the other so i can punch it? grin
I guess you meant 'other cheek', but being a follower of Christ don't mean stupid nor silly tho. Ever heard of evasive action? Even Master Jesus deployed it on a number of occassions. . . smiley

Now, Jesus Christ is coming, maybe sooner than we might imagine and we will do well not to let traditions of men blur the clarity which the Good News was presented to us. It could well be some while away though, but again (who knows). Kudos folks, I'm still urging y'all to ponder the post. . .
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
ajadrage:

stop Press!!! The modern day jewish State of Israel should and must not not be identified with the ecclesiastic Israel of Jah. First of all and most simplistically, the modern Jewish State is not a Christian State, second, it is not the same twelve tribe Israel nation of the Jewish Scriptures, thirdly, the Jewish Scriptures had the twelve tribes without Levi, and with two of Josephs sons to make up the number, but the Greek Scriptures hold the ecclesiastic Israel to be Levi inclusive, and Joseph standing alone to make up the number, fourthly, there is at present no means of direct identification as to which particular tribe a Jew in the 21st century belong to. I could go on, but make I chill small. The new Israel cut across race and geography, and it certainly ain't political. . .
Stop press!! Was Jesus a christian? Were those 12 tribes christian by religion? Was the ancient nation of Israel christian by religion? The answer to all of these 3 questions is a giant NO! So what is your business, as a christian, in the affairs of the Israelis?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by ajadrage: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
[quote author=Jenwitemi link=topic=577843.msg7453677#msg7453677 date=1294066324][/quote]Was Jesus a Christian? No, but his followers were called Christians by observers in Antioch (I think) and the name stuck. But he ain't and was never referred to as a Christian.

Were those 12 tribes Christian by religion? No, but some of their descendants became followers of Christ, along with their brethren from all nations of the earth who will together become the Ecclestical Nation of Israel i.e. The Israel of Jehovah.

Was the ancient nation of Israel Christian by religion? No, but the revelation that they received from Jehovah formed the basis for what was to become the earthly ministry of Christ.

So what is your business, as a Christian, in the affairs of the Israelis? Like the Master Jesus, I ain't a Christian ala Christiandom, I am a follower of 'the way' of Christ, and my business has nothing whatsoever to do with today's Jewish State of Israel, but with my fellow brothers and sisters who share the testimony of Christ. . .
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Joagbaje(m): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2011
thehomer:

The Bible does not mention the Americas or Australia or do you think it does?

When the bible use the word "GENTILES" it refers to other nations. Spiritualy ,There are three races in the bible . The Jews the Gentiles and the new creation.
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by thehomer: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
ajadrage:

. . . .

Yes it did, even the Forest States of the West African Coast, including your people I believe, (and I mine too). . .

. . . .

Where?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by thehomer: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2011
Joagbaje:

When the bible use the word "GENTILES" it refers to other nations. Spiritualy ,There are three races in the bible . The Jews the Gentiles and the new creation.

So is "gentile" a spiritual designation?
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by petres007(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2011
thehomer:

So is "gentile" a spiritual designation?

Good question
Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2011
What complete rubbish this is? Keep racist semite doctrines out of spirituality and out of here, please. cool
Joagbaje:

Re: We're Just Assuming Now. What If The Second Coming Of Christ Were To Be In 2011? by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 15, 2011
Orton1_0:

Nahh i don't think so. You've gat a point though, You're entittled to your opinion quite alright but sometimes its better you keep 'em to yourself cos nobody cares!.If you're looking for someone nu exchange words with, sorry spooky i ain't gat dat time. Take a hike bro, it might help.kAre you now his mouth-piece?
Bussy body, na who ask you?, what truth?, i don't recall anybody lying about anything, oopps sorry i forgot, your conjones are experiencing some kinda stress or strain. No wonder your bitchy fat phuck of a mother named you M-od-u-lu-lu. Outta ma sight nigga.

look at that.

(1) (Reply)

No More Darkness - Pastor Chris / Where Is Our Pastors? / What Single Thing Can I Do To Capture God's Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.