Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed (483 Views)

Atiku Wants Peter Obi As Running Mate In 2027. / Tijani Muhammad-Bande Declares For 74th UN General Assembly Presidency ( PICS) / Buhari Cuts N/assembly Budget By N14.5bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by zakim(m): 5:55am On Apr 08, 2020
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar yesterday asked the Federal Government to abandon the 2020 budget and come up with a budget that would reflect the current national realities including the COVID-19 pandemic. Atiku, in a statement yesterday by his Media Office, said: “In Nigeria, it’s already clear that we must abandon the 2020 budget and come up with a more realistic budget.

“Our oil benchmark is way off the mark. And we are certainly no longer in a position to budget N100bn plus for our legislatures and almost N50bn for the Presidency (in truth, we were never in a position to do that),” Atiku added. He said the current situation demanded that African nations unite together and seek debt forgiveness, as a direct consequence of the impact of the pandemic on the economies.

Atiku said there was need to slash allocations for National Assembly lawmakers and Presidency rather than borrow from other countries and financial bodies. “Why is it that the Nigerian government is always quick to want to borrow at every instance? It shows a lazy mindset and an inability to take those sacrifices necessary to get the economy into shape. “We cannot be looking to borrow huge sums at the same time our officials are taking delivery of foreign made luxury cars. We cannot be considered a serious country when we refuse to cut down on profligacy and instead seek outside help to fund our inefficiencies,” he said.

Reacting, an aide of President Muhammadu Buhari said his boss had closed his campaign office after winning the election, stressing that “the president is in governance mode. He is no longer in campaign mode.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/atiku-wants-2020-budget-abandoned-n-assembly-presidency-allocations-slashed.html
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by Helpfromabove1(m): 6:00am On Apr 08, 2020
That should be the way to go budget need to be reviewed and redistributed we are at war with covid-19 and key sector that will guarantee victory over covid-19 need to be our priority

But that might not happen because this is the best time to steal from the national cake and u might likely not be caught

And coronavirus is making irrelevant minister and ministries relevant , just imagine who knows minister of humanitarian and ....... Before now , but now she will surely smile to the bank and even minister of health will also seriously smile to the bank

Am just waiting for the probe committee after the coro coro period because we shall overcome

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by galaxy2020(m): 6:14am On Apr 08, 2020
That's is the only way forward for now...
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by Huppiiiiiiirr: 6:16am On Apr 08, 2020

Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by Brandstudio01: 6:16am On Apr 08, 2020
Yes because difficult time call for difficult choices. But trust me the Ministers would not welcome this news, because they will not be milking Nigeria in the name of projects this time
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by ProfOkai: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2020
My president to have been....you shake table that has got jus a single leg o

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:51am On Apr 08, 2020
Good idea if you ask me

No be person wey dey alive dey talk of budget ?

Covid-19 is ravaging everywhere at the moment so we must use all the available resources to fight the virus and protect our lives first in a legit way.

Chei, Atiku for be better President o . He's so full of wisdom .

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by JunctionBox: 7:04am On Apr 08, 2020
Lol
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by Alwaysachick: 7:43am On Apr 08, 2020
I wish this man was president
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by Alwaysachick: 7:43am On Apr 08, 2020
ProfOkai:
My president to have been....you shake table that has got jus a single leg o

Foresights. He is always 4steps ahead. Just wait and see, its by next two weeks you will hear Buhari wants to set up panel for review of budget.
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by SoNature(m): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2020
He said the current situation demanded that African nations unite together and seek debt forgiveness, as a direct consequence of the impact of the pandemic on the economies.

African countries are always planning to ask for debt forgiveness.

The other time, it was OBJ and NOI approaching the Paris Club for over $30 billion debt forgiveness.

Meanwhile, China is confidently giving more and more African countries loans.

I wonder how the Chinese plans to recover such loans.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by kayusely70(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2020
There's urgent need to restructure the nation by jettisioning the present system.
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by JAMO84: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2020
Cut wastages! Hmmm, I like that. I would gladly support this message, even though it came from the wrong messenger.

Cost of governance is one of the areas I would like to see this government improve on, some government expenses are total waste of money!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by sapientia(m): 10:03am On Apr 08, 2020
“Our oil benchmark is way off the mark. And we are certainly no longer in a position to budget N100bn plus for our legislatures and almost N50bn for the Presidency (in truth, we were never in a position to do that),”
Re: Atiku Wants 2020 Budget Abandoned, N/assembly, Presidency Allocations Slashed by openla(m): 10:43am On Apr 08, 2020
If he’s not talking as an opposition, he’s saying something good even as an opposition.
I don’t understand how this people win the heart of Nigerians year in year out, they don’t even work for it. Someone been in the house for 20 years damn.

Please stream, download and share my new song for COVID19. Link in my signature.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Blasts US Senator Over Attempt To Block $320m Abacha Loot / Breaking News: President M. Buhari Extends Lockdown For The Next 14 Days / Uganda President Warned. Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.