Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension (567 Views)

Imo Workers Defy NLC Call For Strike As Banks Open For Businesses / Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure / Oyo Pensioners Lament 60 Months Unpaid Pension Arears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by Chynwe(f): 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
It is becoming a bleak isolation/lockdown for civil servants and pensioners in IMO State, as the March Salary promised by Governor Hope Uzodinma has not been received
Some civil servants who recounted their ordeal to Newspaper publication,Edge Point,yesterday through the telephone, lamented that the lucky ones were only given their February salary cheques,which have not cleared till today.
I was issued my February salary cheque last Friday.We were told that the March salary cheque will be issued soon, but this cannot be earlier than after two weeks lockdown announced by the Governor, a female respondent (name withheld)said.What troubled her most was that the cheque could not be cashed across the counter."I was forced to pay the cheque into my personal account and as expected, it will take about three to four working days to be cleared.
Another male civil servant expressed reservations on why government reneged on the prompt payment of monthly salaries it promised its workers.
Honestly it is no longer pleasurable to work as a civil servant in Imo State. Workers are demoralized and the system has been badly bastardized. We have bad stories to tell,but this will be for another day,"the man lamented.
Meanwhile, some displaced traders in Owerri, have condemned the government for not respecting its contractual obligations to workers.
Nathan Ike-Okoye reminded government that money circulates when workers are paid as at when due.

Source:Edge Express Newspaper
Re: Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by umulobi: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chynwe:
It is becoming a bleak isolation/lockdown for civil servants and pensioners in IMO State, as the March Salary promised by Governor Hope Uzodinma has not been received
Some civil servants who recounted their ordeal to Newspaper publication,Edge Point,yesterday through the telephone, lamented that the lucky ones were only given their February salary cheques,which have not cleared till today.
I was issued my February salary cheque last Friday.We were told that the March salary cheque will be issued soon, but this cannot be earlier than after two weeks lockdown announced by the Governor, a female respondent (name withheld)said.What troubled her most was that the cheque could not be cashed across the counter."I was forced to pay the cheque into my personal account and as expected, it will take about three to four working days to be cleared.
Another male civil servant expressed reservations on why government reneged on the prompt payment of monthly salaries it promised its workers.
Honestly it is no longer pleasurable to work as a civil servant in Imo State. Workers are demoralized and the system has been badly bastardized. We have bad stories to tell,but this will be for another day,"the man lamented.
Meanwhile, some displaced traders in Owerri, have condemned the government for not respecting its contractual obligations to workers.
Nathan Ike-Okoye reminded government that money circulates when workers are paid as at when due.

If this news is anything to go by then Imo people should blame the CJN & Supreme court for giving us a retired yahoo boy.
Re: Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2020
That man is Hopeless & Sick....
Chynwe:

Re: Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by Moneywirer: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2020
OP, IMO state are in heaven. You received February 2019 salary, Abia state has not yet received that of October 2019.
Re: Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by Mace0lane: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2020
You are funny bro, it is PDP miscreants that are working over time to tarnish the imagine of the governor.

Moneywirer:
OP, IMO state are in heaven. You received February 2019 salary, Abia state has not yet received that of October 2019.
Re: Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by MrSly(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2020
Don't worry he will pay when his debt is over. Do you think it took small money to land that judgment at the Supreme Court? I pity Imo People.
Re: Imo Workers And Pensioners Lament Over Unpaid Salaries And Pension by IlovePMB: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
The useless Supreme Court governor have used Imo workers salaries and pensions to purchase 200 million Naira bullet proof van for himself. He now went and dragged Ihedioha's name to it. . Uzodmma cannot change. A scammer remains a scammer.

Moneywirer:

See talk. Ihedioha was paying every month without owing. Mbaka said Uzodmma is Imo messiah. So this is how messiah should be.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Museveni, Garang Dined With Biafrans / Gov. Seyi Makinde To Transform Akufo Farm Settlement Into Agric Estate. PHOTOS / Yoruba Nation Becomes 45th Member Of UNPO, Says Professor Akintoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.