Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators (1094 Views)

Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Buhari Distressed About Abuja Blasts / FBI Links Al-qaeda To Abuja Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2011
UNITED Kingdom (UK), Canada and Russia have expressed worry over the upsurge in violence in Nigeria, urging the Federal Government to do everything within its powers to arrest and prosecute masterminds of the New Year’s Eve bomb blast in Abuja.

Also, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) have condemned the bombings with ACN saying the Federal Government’s inability to identify and bring perpetrators of previous killings to justice is fuelling the violence.

Meanwhile, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has denied any involvement in any of the bombings that took place in Abuja on Friday, December 31, 2010.

MEND’s spokesperson, Jomo Gbomo explained that bombings and attacks carried out by the group are always preceded by a warning in other to prevent casualties, and followed by a statement of claim.

MEND which carried out the October 1, 2010 attacks in Abuja which claimed over 12 lives has however condemned  the deliberate targeting of civilians by any persons or groups for what so ever reasons.

In a statement yesterday, the Press Secretary at the British High Commission in Abuja, Hooman Nouruzi quoted the UK
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Minister Jeremy Browne as saying Britain was saddened by the attacks, and condoled with the families of those who died in the unfortunate incident.

“Following the earlier incidents in Jos and Maiduguri over the Christmas period, I am shocked and saddened to learn of the bomb attack in Abuja on New Year’s Eve. I condemn this incident and the loss of innocent lives and send the UK’s condolences to the victims and their families. Every effort should be made to bring the perpetrators to justice.”
The Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Lawrence Cannon, in a statement, said the attacks represent an unacceptable affront on the rights of Nigerians

“Canada strongly condemns the terrorist bombings in Nigeria on December 24 and 31, 2010. The Christmas Eve bombings in Jos and Maiduguri, committed by the radical Islamic terrorist group, Jama’atu ahlus-Sunnah Lidda’awati wal Jihad, and the New Year’s Eve bombing in Abuja, committed by unknown perpetrators, were cowardly and despicable acts. These bombings represent a direct attack on the right of the people of Nigeria to live in safety and peace. Canada welcomes the government of Nigeria’s determination to bring the perpetrators of these repugnant acts to justice,” the statement read.
According to Cannon, “Canadians stand together with the Nigerian people in deploring these acts of terrorism. We will continue to assist the people and government of Nigeria as they strive to improve security and consolidate democracy and the rule of law.”

The Russian federation, through a special message by its president, Mr. Dmitry Medvedev decried the violence and expressed “full heartfelt condolences” to President Goodluck Jonathan over the incidences.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34336:uk-others-seek-action-against-abuja-blasts-perpetrators&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Musiwa13: 4:34am On Jan 04, 2011
I think the best the UK or russia or canada, is to support our peace idea. From the satellite pictures. there would be civil war. there are likely going to be more trouble by different group in nigeria  base on the satellite picture. our idea to remove edo,delta ,bayelsa and Yorubas into benin republic is the only solution for peace.

What is this picture below, it is broken bottle, when I was living in Nigeria, when two people are fighting, they break a bottle on thier head and slap themelf first before slapping you.
The reason, he would slap himself first is to see, if the bottle was sharpe enough to kill you.

When a society is like that, you know you would have trouble. You can see the senator at the congress and someone got murder .

The issue is what is the solution to the problem, only a fool would pretend that nigeria can continue at this point as a nation with the same land mark. It is not physically possible without a civil war.

I am telling you people the truth. Our people would result to violent if they dont get justice, this is how they react in nigeria.  Like I have said on nairaland before, I know if the the result of the nigeria election do not reflect the satellite picture. people most likely would pick up arm against the state of nigeria. we are going to see a rebel army, and a section of the Nigeria army  would pick up army against Nigeria.

The issue is, you have to try to protect lifes of the people. The only way you can do that now at the moment is to remove  edo,delta ,bayelsa and Yorubas into benin republic, while you open the border of both country.

Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by shevchenko(m): 5:03am On Jan 04, 2011
The country is not ready to solve internal issues.Bombings without culprits and suspect is a sign of things to fall apart.Shame on nigeria
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Musiwa13: 5:12am On Jan 04, 2011
my main fear is the lifes of people who live away from thier ethnic group, they would be murdered. Like you saw the recent one in abuja, where a bomber went after yoruba people.

It is important to note that other ethnics group live among yorubas too and hopeful they dont get attack. so because of this we seek true alternative solution.

I have done a homework on the issue, and I have discovered the oil well, which would be the major issue about this. The north may fear we want to cheat them. What I have is point to the oil well the north would have,

if the North join edo,delta, bayelsa and Yorubas in voting to remove us into Benin republic , that way they can have the oil. It is the only solution.
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by shevchenko(m): 5:19am On Jan 04, 2011
@musenwa
This your tribalism won't get you anywhere,why do you think the yorubas were targeted,what do you know that we don't know?
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Musiwa13: 5:29am On Jan 04, 2011
It is not tribalism,  According to the newspaper report the bomb was open by a yorubaman who found it in his shop or so.    all military barrack market have different shops while there are different ethnics group in them. And if the bomber place it in the yoruba people section. In a northern city, where northerners have more stores in that market than Yoruba people. Let assume the market has 100 shops, the yorubas may have 5. and look at that picture of the market, the bomber, did not bomb the first shop he saw, he went to a specify shop.  It tell you, he was out to kill Yoruba people.

can you see the picture, that all the stores infront do not look demage.

Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Jenifa1: 5:50am On Jan 04, 2011
That's worrying. I can understand the US being interested in this situation because of their wars on terrorism. But what is at stake for UK, Russia and Canada? Why are they interested?
This is either a sign of increasing significance of Nigeria in the global stage or I really don't know.

PS:musiwa, can you plz stop posting useless maps and pics undecided i'm surprised moderators haven't done anything about this.
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Musiwa13: 5:54am On Jan 04, 2011
why do you call it useless. did you go to school, this is why they are going to kill you people. you people are stupid, do you think, you can continue with nigeria in the same sharpe, it is not possible to hold credible election or have northerner become minority. The north would not agree to the satellite pictures.
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by shevchenko(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2011
Comedian you are,comedian you will be
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by shevchenko(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2011
@jenifa_
Don't kid yourself ,nigeria is not at the centre stage.The US undertands that the fight against terrorism is whole and entire,beaming the spotlight on nigeria is an attestation to this.obama is a leader by example,hence his refusal to accept gbagbo,he really needs the help of surrounding states,again Nigeria comes into the picture.
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Beaf: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2011
Musiwa,:

why do you call it useless. did you go to school, this is why they are going to kill you people. you people are silly, do you think, you can continue with nigeria in the same sharpe, it is not possible to hold credible election or have northerner become minority. The north would not agree to the satellite pictures.

Dude, your maps and pictures are always useless, but you only have garri in your head sha. cry
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by Jenifa1: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
shevchenko:

@jenifa_
Don't kid yourself ,nigeria is not at the centre stage.The US undertands that the fight against terrorism is whole and entire,beaming the spotlight on nigeria is an attestation to this.obama is a leader by example,hence his refusal to accept gbagbo,he really needs the help of surrounding states,again Nigeria comes into the picture.

if you read my post well, you will see that I mentioned that I understood US interest.
but can you explain to me why UK, Russia and Canada are interested?
Re: Uk, Russia, Canada And Others Seek Action Against Abuja Blasts Perpetrators by dempeople(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
All these yeye countries are busy issuing their useless statements to the populace to remind them that they're "friends and well-wishers" of the country whereas, the real motive is all about their interests and nothing more. Since when did Russia of all countries start becoming concerned about our welfare? You guessed it. Gazprom and other Russian mining companies are in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Road To Victory / 3,800mw Vs 4,000mw - The True Picture / Ipsos World Class Polls Tips Rochas As Imo State Governor May 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.