Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) (114507 Views)

Giant Fish Caught In Ibaji, Kogi State (Photos) / Bull Shark Caught In Oyorokotor, Rivers State (Photos) / Big Gaboon Viper Caught In ÌJẸ̀BÚ ODE In Ogun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by rOsy247(f): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
DropsMic:

It is...

I remember the first time i bought bole with fish in obio akpor . If you see how big the fish was eh. I thought it would be around 400 to 500 naira but to my surprise when i asked for the price the lady told me 200. I was so shocked i tot maybe something was wrong with the fish

Not fish of today. 200 naira bolle fish now is tiny. Fish is expensive here, seriously, find out.

If it's recently then truly you should have a reason to be worried if something was wrong with the fish or she just liked you.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by HundHunter(m): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
Albertone:
Am I the only one who hates fishes? I eat them, I puke!!
The smell is enough repellant for me.Catfishes are the worst when it comes to odour.I don't like seeing fishes,I don't like eating it(i once ate it to discover i don't like it).Never touched a raw fish before,either dead or alive

In all, God created them and they are a blessing to mankind.These riverine areas are really blessed o. I wish i can like and start eating fishes
Mammy water pikin spotted. cheesy
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
no lockdown there, that what free living look s like.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by BanevsJoker(m): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
foolbuster:
The niger delta is blessed.
But oil companies and the FG are destroying it.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by todugo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Look at where they dug those fish from almost like gotta angry angry FISHVID-20
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by raddyworld: 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Those fish heenn they better pass all those maawuu chemical fish wey dem dey give ur for those fake hotels or beer parlour. If dem roast am with enuf spice's chair this one Na number one Peri Peri with HOLLANDIA YOGURT.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Asour: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Who are you reserving it for? So fish have became endangered specie?
And what if Covid-19 succeeds in wiping out the entire human race?

Na wah o sad sad something wey God take do Easter for them

What he means is that there should be a thought beyond the immediate.

For instance, instead of just satisfying themselves only a Hub for fish processing/Canning and allied applications could be considered.

Now I am not criticizing them for not doing this because to be fair they MAY not be so knowledgeable or even resourced to do this but IF they do the Value added would make them so RICH they could lose their appetite for the same fish in no time.

God help us.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by 6digitscomrade: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
irunoko:
Leave the acquatic creature

Not everything is for consumption
lol even u somewhere around the world is delicacy best serve on a grilling machine served with whiskey or vodka with martini shake not stirred..
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
tyup:
Kill and eat is that all?

They don't even know their conservation value sad
Mr conserver. dey there make pant dey wear you. God have given it unto man for feast freely and so shall they receive it freely. You are obviously talking in the nonsense
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by yahoosurepass(m): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
bellachibaby:
Due to the outbreak of corona virus many Universities in United states and Uk are lacking students, they have equally thrown open scholarship opportunities to all and sudry for both graduates and undergraduate, new students with free scholarship bursaries and free student visa available for admitted students only visit the links below to get more details.

Free international scholarship awards follow these links to apply

Northumbria University Sanctuary Scholarship UK.
https://thickmatch.com/northumbria-university-sanctuary-scholarship/

Les Roches Full Scholarship In USA, 2020 US
https://thickmatch.com/les-roches-full-scholarship-usa-2020/

Academic Merit Scholarship At Daystar University US
https://thickmatch.com/academic-merit-scholarship-daystar-university/

Ankin Law Office Annual Academic Scholarship In USA
https://thickmatch.com/ankin-law-office-annual-academic-scholarship-usa/

Keller Law Offices Academic Funding
https://thickmatch.com/keller-law-offices-academic-funding/

fraudster!!!!!
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by lastclaire4(f): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Coldie:

What are u saying. What's the business of pollution and the catch?

Its not everywhere in the Niger delta that's polluted, also u can see for yourself that, that's not a river its just a small pond, a farm to be precise.

You mustn't wail all the time

These are the few places not polluted. Most times how it happens is that it is the overflow from the river the river. It is a common thing for river to overflow into farm land especially when it rains. The maize farmers normally suffer thing when the rain starts early.

Then lastly, you may need to spend time learning how to communicate. You must be able to convey your opinion without any insult. Cheers dearie
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Albertone(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
okoroemeka:
if I use that big fish and old layers to cook white soup with fresh pepper,utazi,uziza and pounded yam for you,you will change your view point about fish and see it from a fresh perspective.
lol
Trust me, I'll put the fish aside and eat the food.It happens a lot of times i visit people's houses who don't know that i dont eat fish.I simply return their fish to them
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
In Ekpeye Land in Rivers State, people at this time go to their individual or family ponds (called UNU) to bail them and catch fishes.

Ekpeye land is rich in Agriculture, in fact the photos below will tell you.

See Photos

https://web./ekpeyekingdom/permalink/10158212838640789/
Ekpeye A mekaoh!
Proudly ekpeye..... #Okogbeboy#
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
tyup:
Kill and eat is that all?

They don't even know their conservation value sad
very good post. Seeing folks questioning why there should be conservation shows that education needs to be ramped up.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Jasongucci: 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
I need some of this fish, hw do i buy pls?
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by mdchikezie(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Who are you reserving it for? So fish have became endangered specie?
And what if Covid-19 succeeds in wiping out the entire human race?

Na wah o sad sad something wey God take do Easter for them

DONT MIND NONSENSE OVERSABI PEOPLE.
FOR EACH ONE YOU KILL AND EAT, A THOUSAND MORE ARE REPRODUCED BY NATURE
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by olopan(m): 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
In Ibadan Oyo state. south west region.
and Yes about the pollution, i cant help to notice the tainted clay they have all over their bodies, looks like its polluted with crude oil. my POV
lastclaire4:

Which region please? Do you know what pollution has done to their land? In some places you wont even find fish because the land has been polluted.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Albertone(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
HundHunter:

Mammy water pikin spotted. cheesy
Lol i fit be pappy water

By the way, you understand German?
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Ezmans: 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice

Fish pepper soup mehnnnn. Nothing like conservation here

Barman give me a plate of fish pepper soup
see how oil spilage spoil there land wicked government
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Chuzoetoh(m): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
very good post. Seeing folks questioning why there should be conservation shows that education needs to be ramped up.
you two just sounded foolish.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
CeoMYN:

You from Rivers?
Yea
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by otokx(m): 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
mazimee:
I really envy this riverine people whenever I see them catching fish anyhow like it is nobody's business.My mother use to tell me about her childhood. How they would put pot on fire and go into the bush, straight to the stream to fetch snails and fishes for dinner.

So why am I telling this story?
The bottom line is that I love free sea food grin grin

What of those who set fire inside boat and roast fish in the middle of the big river while rain is falling.

That was many years ago before oil destroyed the ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Asour:

What he means is that there should be a thought beyond the immediate.

For instance, instead of just satisfying themselves only a Hub for fish processing/Canning and allied applications could be considered.

Now I am not criticizing them for not doing this because to be fair they MAY not be so knowledgeable or even resourced to do this but IF they do the Value added would make them so RICH they could lose their appetite for the same fish in no time.

God help us.

Bros, for this season of hunger who could thought out these suggestions?

My brother na money wey get chance dey go bank o
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
you two just sounded foolish.
Well you did not point out what I said that was foolish.
Let me provide you with some good reading material. Even though, this is about ocean/sea life, the concepts are similar with land water bodies such as rivers and lakes. Please read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_conservation
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Albertone:
Am I the only one who hates fishes? I eat them, I puke!!
The smell is enough repellant for me.Catfishes are the worst when it comes to odour.I don't like seeing fishes,I don't like eating it(i once ate it to discover i don't like it).Never touched a raw fish before,either dead or alive

In all, God created them and they are a blessing to mankind.These riverine areas are really blessed o. I wish i can like and start eating fishes

i take it you also do not eat pussy? grin
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Emmyxto(m): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
What's massive in this?
I taya oo! i didnt see any too much big fish abeg!
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by armadeo(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
mazimee:
I really envy this riverine people whenever I see them catching fish anyhow like it is nobody's business.My mother use to tell me about her childhood. How they would put pot on fire and go into the bush, straight to the stream to fetch snails and fishes for dinner.

So why am I telling this story?
The bottom line is that I love free sea food grin grin

In Warri I was experienced picking of fish from the ground (grassy area) after a heavy rain. Medium sized fishes oh.

I didnt eat them though. Wondered how on earth they got there. Though there were swampy grounds all around but I still didnt get it.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by bahaushe1: 10:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nostalgic! Reminds me of my childhood days.
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by paulolee(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Coldie:

Years of civilization depleted there's.

Where do u think all those iron used to make armours for roman soldiers came from?
my man historically civilization started in ancient Egypt against the ancient Greek n Rome their records mk u bliev..d edge de av is dt de gat record n Africans don't keep records as proves..
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by Albertone(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
ziddy:

i take it you also do not eat pussy? grin
eewwww!
I detest unappealing smell.
If only pussy can smell like jollof rice
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is bullshit... Those fishes are still teens and I can see some fingerlings too being celebrated.

If you chop mama, papa and pikin today... Tomorrow you go chop their ghosts.

Lazy youths
Re: Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) by TGMISKY(m): 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
When I saw 'big fishes', I thought I'd see big fishes. These are the normal fishes they sell at the Choba-Emuoha route

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food Section Rules And Regulations / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. / Coconut Without Meat: Has Anyone Seen This Type Of Coconut Before? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.