Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence (10495 Views)

Muslim Faithfuls Worship With Christians At ECWA Church In Abuja / Eid-El-Fitri: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Muslims / Fulani Leaders In Oyo Beg For Forgiveness, Pledge Peaceful Co-Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by themomentng: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has congratulated Christians in the State on the commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, urging them to emulate His virtues of humility, perseverance and compassion.

The Governor also urged Christian faithful in the State to continue to live in peace and harmony with believers in other faiths in the State.

He noted: “Good neighbourliness, selflessness and patience were among the several lessons taught and exemplified by Jesus Christ”.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Gboyega Akosile, Governor Sanwo-Olu reminded Lagosians that the events leading to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ were epochal in the annals of Christianity and humanity.

The Governor therefore enjoined every citizen to reflect on how best to positively impact the lives of friends, colleagues, neighbours and family members.

He added that ‘‘as Christians, this period offers us an opportunity to rethink our relationships as individuals, as communities and as a nation.’’

“The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ typified love, affection and tolerance. It also marked the end of evil and beginning of good deeds.’’

With the corona virus pandemic threatening to bring the entire world to its knees, Sanwo-Olu said the occasion of the resurrection of Jesus Christ should be a veritable avenue for all to show more love, kindness and care for one another.

The Governor said the citizens should join hands with the government in the fight against what he described as the common enemy.

“We must brace up and be ready to confront this scourge with uncommon resolve and dedication. We must not be deterred by the speed at which it is spreading, rather we must work harder to eradicate the pandemic and all that it stands for. As a government, we will do everything within our powers to rid the State of this unwanted guest.”

Governor Sanwo-Olu commended Lagosians for their steadfastness, resilience and cooperation with his administration since his assumption of office. He assured them of his administration’s commitment to good governance and people-oriented programmes.
https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2020/04/11/easter-celebration-sanwo-olu-felicitates-with-christians-calls-for-peaceful-co-existence-among-residents/

4 Likes

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Efelebele3: 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
That's my boy

1 Like

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by jericco1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Easter that one cannot even buy a measure of rice or a kilo of chicken, is that one Easter? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by aylive02(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
; grin

7 Likes

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by ogbuefi677(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Calls for peaceful co-existence
b4 nko?
Don't Christians peacefully coexist?
Abeg,he should direct his message to the very peaceful ppl who need it.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
A

1 Like

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Slawormir: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by kabeerhabe(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
The man is really trying, wallahi. May God help him.

meanwhile, i will be training people on software development and web designing on 15th of this month(April) via an audiovisual screen record format uploaded in google classroom, to join just whatsapp me on 08093921440

2 Likes

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by mcmbonu: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank you my Dear gov

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by AsawanaDgreat: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank you sir
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by BruncleZuma: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Remind them to spend the Easter in Truth and in Spirit.
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Aboguede(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Zico5(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is not the kind of felicitation we want, people are hungry in Lagos. Enu gbe o governor wa.

1 Like

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by messicruzzy1: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Q
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by FREEMADNESS: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
the money FG claimed will b allocated to lagosians will b shared among APC registered members.

dear lord help ur children in dis trying times cox our people are fantastically corrupt.

even if d world is coming to an end people will still embezzle money like they are gonna take d money to heaven/hell.

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Bishov(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
I just graduated I have not applied for Nysc. I hav a wife and a little kid, he is 1yr six months. Since 1 week, Every where is just dry for me. But my little baby is much my concern. Pls someone help me. Access bank 0083503765. Pls call me 07014027221so I can thank u
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by dharreyclothing(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by money121(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Owaincouncil: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
I pray, may the power in the death and Resurrection of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ provide a solution to this pandemic called Covid-19 .

1 Like

Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by landmark86: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank govt only lock down the town not my life.
God is my happiness & Jesus is the reason why I live.
We Christians are not worried cos everytin is for the betterment of the nation.
I only pray our govt learn from this pandemic and make the right for the country & his citizens.

Happy EASTER to every Christians out there.
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Totilopussylick(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
Grammar
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by OttHin: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nice one

Meanwhile check this out...........

This new company offers you to earn money on viewing ad units and attracting referrals.

Watch commercial advertising, and we will credit up to 10 cents to your account for an ad unit display.
Attract referrals and get 50% from their earnings transferred to your account.
It seems to be the most profitable offer on the market of paid advertising at the time!

Your earnings are practically unlimited and depend on the time you spend in front of your PC.
Working on the average 3-5 hours a day, you can get paid from 50$ to 300$ or even more to your account.

All earned funds are saved in the personal account of the employee and are paid to your bank
card or electronic account upon the request in your account within 1 hour

Registration is free!!!!!
Check my signature for more details
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by soft101: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
The Christians have no problem in co-existing. We all know where the problem is coming from.

Wait oh, I hear say Buratai has finally gotten a house in the North East.

Thank God for the challenge from Chadian president
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Konji3368: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good for them
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by cRobo: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
hmnn
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by Shegzy8(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good day nairalanders. Please, I am in need!! I've exhausted all the cash and foodstuff I have during this lockdown. I came out some days back and a good Samaritan helped me with something(1,400 naira). I appreciate his effort, but it was unable to sustain me and my family. I've no means to get money or foodstuff, I'm a photographer and I can't earn cause all events has been postponed. Please any good Samaritan can ask for my account details. God bless
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by LASUITES(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
sanwo olu 2023 sure for you my governor

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by oyewale0001(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
It is well
Re: Easter: Sanwo-Olu Felicitates With Christians, Calls For Peaceful Co-Existence by rawtouch: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
share the money

(1) (2) (Reply)

UN Commends Nigeria Over First-Ever Successful Conviction Of Piracy In Africa / Africa Topic / House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.