Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) (9162 Views)

Ondo State Introduces Compulsory Access Card For Residents / Ondo State Introduces 'mysterious Virus' To World; 18 Dead - WHO / Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by babapupa: 6:25am On Jan 04, 2011
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by tpia1: 6:36am On Jan 04, 2011
was there really a chandelier in his guest toilet?

and, is the piece a satire?

J.J took us on a tour of his home, he was particularly pleased with the chandelier in his guest toilet and he wanted us to ‘test’ each armchair in his 100 foot living room, one of twelve living arrears in the edifice that according to him, makes the White House look like a boys quarters. He also insisted that we bend down and feel the softness of the Egyptian rug in his fourteen car garage
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by babapupa: 6:52am On Jan 04, 2011
tpia1:

was there really a chandelier in his guest toilet?

and, is the piece a satire?

Sounds like satire and I chuckled real hard, but that ugly elephant house ain't no satire,
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by texazzpete(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2011
babapupa:

Sounds like satire and I chuckled real hard, but that ugly elephant house ain't no satire,

Hehe. The builder of that elephant house should be jailed for crimes against the state. I recommend hard labour grin
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by tpia1: 7:42am On Jan 04, 2011
that house should be a landmark.

eg

"make a right after the elephant house, turn left when you reach the elephant" etc.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Beaf: 7:51am On Jan 04, 2011
Whoever built that house should be locked up. I don't think it needs a civil engineer to declare the structure unsafe, thats easily done by eye alone.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by DisGuy: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2011
I thought Lagos state had building controls department, they should be jailed for not doing their Job not the builder alone, after all people pay all sorts of fees so it must have been approved by someone somewhere
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by dotman2(m): 8:39am On Jan 04, 2011
babapupa:

Oluchucks Adewaziri, reporting for Wazobia Reports.
. . . Shooooo which kind name be dis sef?
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by pyr8te: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2011
i know this house, its somewhere in oregun. infact its just before my mechanic's workshop. scary tin indeed! grin
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Beaf: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2011
I wonder who even sold cement to the fool! The owner should simply be beaten up. angry
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by philip0906(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2011
up fashola. . .d flower planting governor
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2011
To get a balanced view, we spoke to the ‘yahoo yahoo’ boy, Mr J.J Fine Country, also known as, ‘The thing that swallowed the thing that swallowed the elephant.’

Mr J.J was adamant that his building was as beautiful as any in the country: “They say my house is not beautiful? They are mad. Who dem be sef? Wey dem? They sef don build house? Abegi, make I hear word. If na poverty dey worry dem, make dem talk to me, I go settle the baggers. This na Lagos, nothing wey settlement nor fit settle. Aso rock sef dey catch cold when im see my mansion.”

Mr J.J took us on a tour of his home, he was particularly pleased with the chandelier in his guest toilet and he wanted us to ‘test’ each armchair in his 100 foot living room, one of twelve living arrears in the edifice that according to him, makes the White House look like a boys quarters. He also insisted that we bend down and feel the softness of the Egyptian rug in his fourteen car garage.

calling mtv cribs yahoo yahoo edition

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Mavor: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
O boy!!! I no fit laff!!! grin
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Ibime(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2011
See that elephant na. . . . you gotta love Nigerian architects. . .
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by oge4real(f): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
This must be a replica of the builder's nightmares.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by violent(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
deleted!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by philip0906(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^
e Gbam. . . wink
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by montelik(m): 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^I believe its a joke.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by obailala(m): 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
babapupa:

Lagos - Lagos state home owners are today waking up to news of a new tax that will finally cement the state's status as the taxation capital of the Country.

The new tax, officially known as Environmental Blight Levy, has been given the name, the Ugly Building tax, by some mischievous journalists.

The tax will be levied against existing buildings that are deemed to be exceptionally ugly. New build projects can avoid the new tax if the architectural plans submitted are not too unsightly. If however, owners of proposed new builds insist on building new monstrosities, they will have to pay the Ugly Building tax which will be calculated on a total square foot of ugliness basis. A fairly ugly building on the ugliness scale will have a score of one, while truly awesomely ugly structures will score 1000.

.  . . . . Can you imagine? You should see the building, it can scare a little child."
To get a balanced view, we spoke to the ‘yahoo yahoo’ boy, Mr J.J Fine Country, also known as, ‘The thing that swallowed the thing that swallowed the elephant.’

- Oluchucks Adewaziri, reporting for Wazobia Reports.

[size=14pt]This lovely story (and picture) has just turned my sour mood this evening into uncontrollable laughter.[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2011
What a waste of money to build such
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by tpia1: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2011
in the absence of elephants and safaris in lagos nigeria, the man created his own.

albeit with questionable planning.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by NegroNtns(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
There is building code and inspectors in Lagos.  How did that structure go up under the nose of the government?
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by NegroNtns(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
lol @ tpia's comment. There is a building I hear, somewhere in Lagos, with an airplane structure.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Sharonf(f): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2011
violent:

we are simply deviating from the original topic. I'm finding it hard to understand how the government will impement this "ugly building tax". . .what model is used to determine what is ugly and what's not?

I also believe that this will likely play a bigger burden on the average and lower income earning bracket of the society as the extremely rich ones are not likely to own ugly buildings!

WOW! So you actually believed the article was real? Rotfl! What a dunce!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Kilode1: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
Erin Lakatabu o!! shocked shocked

Na pesin house be that?!!!

Stomach dey pain me from laughter o! grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Kilode1: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder who even sold cement to the fool! The owner should simply be beaten up. angry

I tell ya bro!  cheesy

There is no way you can have a new born baby inside that structure and it will not become an Abiku! no way!! shocked shocked
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Hmm
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by audio: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2011
@ poster, come, is this a real building or photoshop? This building definitely deserved to be taxed and the architect put before firing squad.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Phate07(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2011

shocked shocked WTF? Do people actually live in it?
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by axeman85(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kilode?!:

I tell ya bro! cheesy

There is no way you can have a new born baby inside that structure and it will not become an Abiku! no way!! shocked shocked

pikin ke, immediately the pikin head comot see the building, di pikin go run back inside no go gree commot. lol. this one na disgrace, no pint sef. different houses in 9ja, if u watch nollywood movies thereis a particular hjouse dat looks like bus.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by babyme1(f): 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
Errmmm,actually,i love the elephant house tongue
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by spikedcylinder: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2011
Lol. I took that picture. That house is hideous!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South East Not Excluded In Appointment Of Appeal Court Judges — NJC / Ekiti State Nulge Begins Indefinite Strike August 23. / Cash-Strapped States Groan, Widen Tax Net, Begin Aggressive Revenue Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.