Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79157 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by bikefab(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
Otu nkwo...
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Badonasty(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

But go to Lagos and Ibadan you will mistake the two states for a shrine .
Brown roofs everywhere .

Tell your brothers to leave the Southwest...we don’t want them again

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by SweetCunt97(f): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
Arysexy:
Onitsha Ado!

Who could believe this place was totally destroyed without a single storey building standing as at 1970 when d war ended.

100% rebuilt by individual efforts.

I tell you! I can imagine if it were in the west, you'll still see so many war torn houses. We Igbos got that fighting and homely spirit.

8 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Ezmans: 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
[quote author=Nbote post=88356568]Dis thread go soon enta pandemic mode...[/quote grin grin
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Corrinthians(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .
They said Onitsha. You people WON'T simply enjoy your thread in peace. You must drag Yorubas into it. When you are replied and your shit fed to you in equal measure, you will run to the mods crying for salvation.

You people are just hopelessly out of your depths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Trans Nkisi area of Onitsha on lockdown

My area representing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Aidlyfe: 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Onitsha is beautiful. Ya kpo tu ba!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by WaleFoto(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .

really? even in Lagos. how come I didn't know about ds abi which part of Lagos u talking about.
anyways nice to know Onitsha is now better than Lagos.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Dpharisee: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Blackfire:
Some years ago a very tribalistic fellow followed me to my 'village' ,he is a tiller , he spent 1 month on the job, when he returned he almost fought me, reason ? Why did I call estate , village...

Anyway he is married to an Igbo lady and he is based in Ihiala ... He speaks Igbo more than me, and he is now completely Igbo, he now calls me Yoruba man.

We have done well since after the war, considering what we have in Nigeria

Same here, I took a Tiv guy to work on my building in the village because I didn't like the attitude to work of some of our home based fellas, by the time he finished he got other jobs and decided to settle down in the East.
Las Las he married an Igbo lady, he is so entrenched now in the south east and calls himself Igbo man and he is accepted as one. In short the guy is now more Igbo than me and participate in every activity including masquerade events.
I laugh when I hear people who have never visited Igboland claim that Igbos are not receptive. I do tell them that it's your talent to compete that is important and how much you have in your pocket that matters, Igbo man will first consider the man who can do the job for him than his own brother who is mediocre.

14 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by OGwales(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yet Igbo people can not sit in the place. They must come to West to make their living.
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AFONAMARO: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'

Are you actually comparing a state capital with a city?

Anyways, the businesses and infrastructures in Onitsha alone will develop Ibadan

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by osuofia2(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

Stop running away from the main issue! What is well planned with tiny road and compacted building? You can't even compare yourself with Lagos and Rivers. In population alone, Lagos and pH city alone is more than Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos and PH than that your small enclave.

However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos? Beside, why raising your children in Ibadan and turn Ibadan to your 'Obodo-Oyinbo', you should have gone back to that slum-micro city.

The whole buildings and landmass in Onitcha can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan based on previous analysis. Shame on you, despite many years of allocation from federal government + drug money, this is the only development you can boast of on 52km square landmass? Very shameful!

If it is a land of millionaire, why not staying there to make your millions? Why must your comming to West be like your fertile land, your Obodo-Oyinbo where you can hawk gala and raise your children for better future than what you lived in small enclave Onitcha before running down to Ibadan to secure future for your children?
Pls show us Ariel view of Ibadan. We all know the main point of IB na Brown roof

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by friday2011(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm from.Ahiazu Mbaise

Everytime I go home it gives me so much joy seeing how beautifully developed cities and villages In Imo State ha become especially in housing and I pray it continues so that in 10 years from now , Imo state will be rubbing shoulders with some cities in London and New York in developments .

Lol, dont even compare London and New York, will those 2 cities remain stagnant while imo state catches up with them?

If you have compared with asaba, akure, Onitsha... Good, but those 2, na lie.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by darfay: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'

It's not by landmass o. If na that one Ibadan is bigger than New york, Atlanta,Los Angeles, Seattle and San Francisco combined should your data be fact.but it's not by landmass oga
Plus onitsha heavily densely populated, there are lots and lots of of 4/5 story buildings all over.if electricity was stable and zoning regulation followed in Nigeria, it would have a very recognizable skyline, second to Lagos.... I'm not Igbo before you start

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Dpharisee: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
OGwales:
Yet Igbo people can not sit in the place. They must come to West to make their living.
America, Japanese, Chinese, Indians, British didn't sit in one place, that's why they colonised us, Lagos Ibadan rail is not being built by Ogbomosho people sitting in Oshogbo, it's being built by Chinese who left their country for Nigeria. If not for sentiments, Igbo and Yoruba engineers can build that railway if given the resources by FG kiss

10 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
The places I'll love to live in Nigeria in the pecking order...

Abuja
Lagos
PH
Enugu
Uyo.

The rest are just there...

Unfortunately I'm in the land of night planes

grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Antichristus: 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
City awash with the proceeds of crime.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
crestedaguiyi:

Stop been foolish please.

A lot if this houses you are showing off was built from money made in lagos and other southwest region.

Let's stop this nonsense pls

I am not Igbo. BUT if the Hausa fulani were marginalised like them, not one of them would have ten thousand naira.

14 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by IntegralC(m): 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .
you're talking trash. How can you take pictures of one Estate and say there's no single brown roof as if the Lagos and Ibadan you mentioned doesn't have Estate. That's if this isn't the best Estate in Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by naxclimpsey(m): 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles not onitsha grin

Low IQ. Inferiority complex
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by wiringdpt(m): 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
2020 and you guys are still doing this on here?
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by darfay: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

You’re missing the point...either deliberately or innocuously!

Bungalows and duplexes, when viewed in isolation from the bigger picture, may not mean much to a casual observer. But when placed in the proper context, like i did in the post you quoted, then one can begin to appreciate the effort and can-do spirit of the people that built their cities and towns based mainly on their singular effort and hard graft!

The presence of skycrapers in a city is largely determined by its place in the political-economy of a country, and also the leeway given to its inhabitants and administration to control its own affairs without first seeking approval from some faraway ‘lords’ and oligarchs who want to hold them down and who see the entire country as their property and war booty!

You got this wrong oga. We don't have skyscrapers in Nigeria because we don't have light
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Starboytwo(m): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
I think when people in ibadan started building houses and using the brown roof, nowhere in Igbo land was develop enough to use same but leaves cuz they lived in "huts"

"Huts" don't need a brown roof(kpan)...

The joke is on anybody thinking brown roof is some kinda abuse, instead it shows you guys just started building houses...

"Bi omo kekere ba ni " coloured roof" bi agba, ko le ni "brown roof" bi agba...

No be south west fault say East just dey develop, dey build house for 2020... Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Austiano87: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
Onitsha And Anambra, The City And State With The Highest Number Of 3, 4 And 5 Storey Building In The Whole Of Nigeria, Read My Comment B4 You Attack Me, I Was Specific With The Numbers.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Josephobaz1985: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
I have an Igbo tenant in Benin. He is from onistcha. He does not live in this estate. In fact he is from a village in onistcha . He has 7 children who are all out of school . So please the tribal war is not necessary. There are poor people in all tribes in Nigeria as well as very few rich people in all tribes. There are fine estates as well as slums in onistcha and Ibadan and Benin and Sbuja and in all parts of Nigeria. In fact all of you hyping Igbo land on nairaland are poor people non of you can afford this estate. Those who own this estate are not arguing on nairaland

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by naxclimpsey(m): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .
You're constituting nuisance on post homeboy
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Amotekun777: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

Brown roofs everywhere .

Yet you Okoros can't do without it. grin Awon Olofo angry
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
see how Google pictured onitsha vs how Google pictured Ibadan

onitsha first picture
Ibadan second picture

but if you put land mass into consideration.. it Is understandable why Ibadan is the way it is.. its same reason why Lagos Is more developed compared to most states

when the landmass is small people will be forced to buy old buildings and build new structures.. but when the landmass is small the other way around

9 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.

Ibadan is still safer and cheaper than 98 percent of cities in Nigeria.
Am from south south
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by cookingsoul(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
the 419 chest beaters hv come again doin self praise wailing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Jonathan39: 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Skull mining, yahoo and Rituals is used to describe which region in Nigeria cheesy grin
sreamsense:

Stop running away from the main issue! What is well planned with tiny road and compacted building? You can't even compare yourself with Lagos and Rivers. In population alone, Lagos and pH city alone is more than Onitcha population. You should expect volume of housing to be more in Lagos and PH than that your small enclave.

However, Ibadan metropolis is more in population than your enclave zone. So, why leaving the thread topic discussion to hide under canopy of Lagos? Beside, why raising your children in Ibadan and turn Ibadan to your 'Obodo-Oyinbo', you should have gone back to that slum-micro city.

The whole buildings and landmass in Onitcha can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan based on previous analysis. Shame on you, despite many years of allocation from federal government + drug money, this is the only development you can boast of on 52km square landmass? Very shameful!

If it is a land of millionaire, why not staying there to make your millions? Why must your comming to West be like your fertile land, your Obodo-Oyinbo where you can hawk gala and raise your children for better future than what you lived in small enclave Onitcha before running down to Ibadan to secure future for your children?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by suremanpatriot: 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
This is good but how safe are residence there compared to Lagos?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Set To Wed In October Crushed By Truck In Ajah (photo) / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.