Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79286 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by nokatakata: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
These low self esteemed MFs have started again. Always painting that false picture of being successful yet you have many of them who are extremely wretched and living in squalor. They are everywhere on the internet self servicing about some phantom success. Them no go allow people hear word. Empty bragging from Twitter to Instagram to facebook to nairaland. They will start trouble and when you fire them ,they start crying about hate.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by luluman: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

But go to Lagos and Ibadan you will mistake the two states for a shrine .
Brown roofs everywhere .
Yet your brothers find it difficult to survive outside the brown roof region. Dont you think something is wrong?

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by HIPROFILE(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I think Mbaise and Owerri people too are doing well in housing.

I was wowed with the kind of massive well furnished houses I saw the last time I visited Imo State .

The entire south east states are growing so fast .

You saw well bro
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by stanislaus67(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
[quote author=ANSMEDIA post=88355835][/quote] Radio Sapientia road Fed housing estate Onitsha
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Asour: 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

You’re missing the point...either deliberately or innocuously!

Bungalows and duplexes, when viewed in isolation from the bigger picture, may not mean much to a casual observer. But when placed in the proper context, like i did in the post you quoted, then one can begin to appreciate the effort and can-do spirit of the people that built their cities and towns based mainly on their singular effort and hard graft!

The presence of skycrapers in a city is largely determined by its place in the political-economy of a country, and also the leeway given to its inhabitants and administration to control its own affairs without first seeking approval from some faraway ‘lords’ and oligarchs who want to hold them down and who see the entire country as their property and war booty!

hahahaha!

Igbos are resourceful. granted.
their are many resourceful people from other tribes too.

who didn't build his house through hard graft or personal efforts?

The need to always 'show' how hard the Igbos work is sometimes unwarranted. they work for themselves I guess.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by HIPROFILE(m): 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
Core Onitsha hood cant have these neat roofs i actually expected to see brown roofs so this may be new sites that just got developed in Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Zukerberg: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
blingmoney01:
Abeg Igbo people i greet o, you guyz are the real hustlers, with little or nothing from the government you still build mansions for yourselves, go to Nnewi you will mansion upon mansion grin
lol
Don't they collect their allocations monthly.Do the government build houses for the others or give them chop money and leave out the Ibos?
Me I am not understanding
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by luluman: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
jimyjames:

Do people pick money on the streets of Lagos or south west? It was built by hard work shikena
Cant the hard work be done in your region?

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by InvertedHammer: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

In any case, Igbo cities can only start witnessing construction of the skycrapers you mentioned only when there’s a true and comprehensive restructuring of the Nigerian political-economy, or when we’re truly independent and control our own economy and resources!
/
I beg to differ about the political angle.

The only thing stopping skyscrapers from popping up is electricity. Such houses need elevators. If uninterrupted electricity supply is guaranteed, the houses will start chasing the cloud.

/
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Edusteve(m): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
More like Denmark I love good things and nature too.
Keep it up guys. If you have pictures of good Estates in Ibadan kindly share with us too.
Me I love good things of life and wish to have few before I dead.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by okwusdidi: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Honestly,i like reading threads like this.Apart from the humor it gives.It makes me to know about different places in Nigeria.Nice one guys.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Staro: 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'

Oga, you're just being clever by half.
Ibadan city center has five local govts while Onitsha city center has two.

The other six local govts of Ibadan are not in the city center.
You can't bring them in as part of Ibadan for the sake of this comparison with Onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by GreenArrow1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.
Chuksmonika:
officially the brown roof republic

You people can belittle yourselves ehn. The OP made a post showing a beautiful view of a south -eastern city.
You then jump in with comparisons of an unrelated town.
Funny thing is that people like you won't even own a single roofing sheet in the next ten years.
Who do you this kind thing?

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Jack500: 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
nextdoor84:

Honestly you are a daft! Do you think cities are rated based on how big they are? You rate cities based on how well planned they're, presence of essential amenities etc.
Can you compare Ibadan to Lagos/Abuja/PH? Mind you IB is bigger than all of them.
I live in Ibadan at the moment, IB is also a beautiful place to live and raise kids. Let's appreciate ourselves and free our hearts and minds from hate.

In ur mind now, u are making sense abi, inafct u are worse than daft, it is a senseless ful like u that drag Ibadan and lagos to the debate, u are guys really suffer from inferiority complex. It is a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by engrchykae(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
Who doesn't know that IGBO AMAKA?
mad man murtala come and see the onitsha you helped us remove the old buildings so that we can build better ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Zukerberg: 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
luluman:
Yet your brothers find it difficult to survive outside the brown roof region. Dont you think something is wrong?

I still think they envy Ibadan because it is more developed than any of their 5 states...Ibadan being only a city.

IBADAN*

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by cenaman(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles not onitsha grin
Go and snap Nkpor, Ogbaru, Okpoko, Obosi, Awada, ETC. Then Come back And Tell us.........

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by LordShiva97(m): 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
Starboytwo:
I think when people in ibadan started building houses and using the brown roof, nowhere in Igbo land was develop enough to use same but leaves cuz they lived in "huts"

"Huts" don't need a brown roof(kpan)...

The joke is on anybody thinking brown roof is some kinda abuse, instead it shows you guys just started building houses...

"Bi omo kekere ba ni " coloured roof" bi agba, ko le ni "brown roof" bi agba...

No be south west fault say East just dey develop, dey build house for 2020... Lol

What exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
content208:

That's because southwest was already living in houses with galvanized roofing sheets, while your grandparents were still typing wrapper, living in huts with thatched roofs to fight clan wars with cutlasses.

No, because your cities stopped growing and you lots can't renovate to save your lives. No maintenance culture. Most landlords in the east renovate every 10 years. And upgrade materials like zinc to aluminum. Why will you leave a zinc on for 60 years ? It will look so red and ugly. You have no shame .

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by engrchykae(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
nokatakata:
These low self esteemed MFs have started again. Always painting that false picture of being successful yet you have many of them who are extremely wretched and living in squalor. They are everywhere on the internet self servicing about some phantom success. Them no go allow people hear word. Empty bragging from Twitter to Instagram to facebook to nairaland. They will start trouble and when you fire them ,they start crying about hate.
when you fire back,you meant to say when almajiris gather in Abuja with plates to collect money as poorest Nigerians,you won't give the igbos?
The IMMUNE SYSTEM OF THE IGBO IS TOO STRONG FOR YOUR small venoms.
Get lost

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
crestedaguiyi:

Stop been foolish please.

A lot if this houses you are showing off was built from money made in lagos and other southwest region.

Let's stop this nonsense pls
Lagos is not part of Yoruba land, point of corrections

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Cj4charles(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
Somewhere in Western Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Chuksmonika(m): 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
GreenArrow1:

You people can belittle yourselves ehn. The OP made a post showing a beautiful view of a south -eastern city.
You then jump in with comparisons of an unrelated town.
Funny thing is that people like you won't even own a single roofing sheet in the next ten years.
Who do you this kind thing?
who told you we wont own our house in ten years,are you God?...we re stating the fact,and you are arguing,go to ibadan,osun and the rest,and see brown roof everywere

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by PHIPEX(m): 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
luluman:
Nothing is wrong. Europeans came to Africa for economic reasons and ended up colonizing us. Asia are doing same today so are Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Kinematics: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
There's nothing to show in this images. It doesn't even show if there's a lockdown or not. It's just an aerial view of the best estate in the state

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Ophilabraham: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
if na ibadan now,na so you go day see brown roofs everywhere.

Who will remind this people where they make their money from?! Lagos, Ibadan.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by TheMohican(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
Josephobaz1985:
Out of the 3 ethnic groups in Nigeria the Yoruba have the most successful and highest number of truly rich persons. Followed by the Hausa and Fulani . Igbo is third

Lols, you're either a joker or a fool...
.lolssss

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Kinematics: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
HIPROFILE:
Core Onitsha hood cant have these neat roofs i actually expected to see brown roofs so this may be new sites that just got developed in Onitsha

Allow them to be deceiving themselves.

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Kingzeez10: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
jimyjames:

Do people pick money on the streets of Lagos or south west? It was built by hard work shikena
You can also do that hard work in your SE naw

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Kinematics: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
nokatakata:

Their home town/state is so good yet they cant live in it, but prefer other peoples towns/states.

Onitsha Ajoka!

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by luluman: 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
PHIPEX:
Nothing is wrong. Europeans came to Africa for economic reasons and ended up colonizing us. Asia are doing same today so are Igbos.
But Europians and others still have their land highly developed before coming here, what is the case with your brothers that cannot go back and develop home?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.