Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. (1282 Views)

Questions About Freelancing Using Fiverr And Upwork / 10 Questions Unemployed Nigerians Are Asking About Freelancing / Fun Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Freelancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by AJSfan: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
Am here to help you.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
How much have you earned so far on upwork?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by AJSfan: 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Weedsmoker:
That is a private information I am not gonna disclose.

In case you got other questions fell free to ask
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by TravelNomads: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
How can I wrote compelling proposals to get jobs

I've wasted all my connects and no job offer
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
TravelNomads:

Just continue writing more proposals. It's a numbers game for beginners. The average freelancer converts at 10 percent that means for every 100 jobs you apply for you can get ten, it might be lower it might be higher. Reduce your expectations and apply for a lot of jobs. Buy enough connects for this. Some niches are also useless too if you are in there like writing.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by dplores(m): 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Am skilled with developing website with elementor, WordPress and some css code.

Have done lots of jobs with local businesses and some other ebusiness owners but unable to get one single job on upwork.

I am also good with Adobe XD for planning my design
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by AJSfan: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
TravelNomads:

Its not uncommon to find one's self in such a situation, especially as a newbie with no job history/review.

Here are a few things I usually advice..
Make sure your profile is fully optimized. That is your first selling point.

Secondly, learn how to write a winning proposal and when you ac, always take your timetime to read through the clients job requirements and tailor your proposal to meet the requirements.

Thirdly, do not apply for big jobs as a newbie, you most likely won't get hired. Only for for small one-time jobs that require 2 connects.

Make sure the client has an approved payment method before applying, this is because many freelancers open client account to steal proposal and job samples.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by TravelNomads: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
AJSfan:
Its not uncommon to find one's self in such a situation, especially as a newbie with no job history/review.

Here are a few things I usually advice..
Make sure your profile is fully optimized. That is your first selling point.

Secondly, learn how to write a winning proposal and when you ac, always take your timetime to read through the clients job requirements and tailor your proposal to meet the requirements.

Thirdly, do not apply for big jobs as a newbie, you most likely won't get hired. Only for for small one-time jobs that require 2 connects.

Make sure the client has an approved payment method before applying, this is because many freelancers open client account to steal proposal and job samples.

Thanks for this.

Any additional advice

I'm offering copywriting services
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by TravelNomads: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Just continue writing more proposals. It's a numbers game for beginners. The average freelancer converts at 10 percent that means for every 100 jobs you apply for you can get ten, it might be lower it might be higher. Reduce your expectations and apply for a lot of jobs. Buy enough connects for this. Some niches are also useless too if you are in there like writing.

Thanks for this
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by fnep2smooth(m): 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
How do upwork pay? do they send the money directly to my Nigeria acct or i will use third party payment system
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by AJSfan: 1:46am On Apr 13, 2020
fnep2smooth:
How do upwork pay? do they send the money directly to my Nigeria acct or i will use third party payment system
yes you can get paid into your local bank and you can also use payoneer nand PayPal option, it depends on you

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by AJSfan: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2020
You can keep the questions coming
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by fawalej(m): 7:11am On Apr 30, 2020
Pls, kindly give me ur contact or let me add you up on Facebook, I need your help on upwork, pls kindly help me
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by AJSfan: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2020
fawalej:
Pls, kindly give me ur contact or let me add you up on Facebook, I need your help on upwork, pls kindly help me
contact detail in signature
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2020
Weedsmoker:
This should be the first question, but you're not willing to answer. Why?
Ok. How much have you made since this year?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by Mremerald(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2020
Can I offer branding on upwork
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2020

Op i appreciwte that you are trying to help people on Upwork
Since I opened upwork I havent received any job cry
Submitted proposals
I make websites and convert sites to apps
Re: Ask Me Anything About Freelancing On Upwork. by TechCapon(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2020
AJSfan:
yes you can get paid into your local bank and you can also use payoneer nand PayPal option, it depends on you
okay. So how can I get my rejected account verified?

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Nigeria 2021: Learn How To Create A Verified Paypal Account Send & Receiv / Nigerians Abroad Remit $5bn Annually / Cyber Cafe Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.