Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. (725 Views)

Trump: 'There's No Way Biden Got 80M votes, This Was A 100% Rigged Election' / Donald Trump Beg Americans To Turn Back To God As He Takes The Lead [pohotos] / A White Man Learns The Meaning Of "Maga" In Nigeria, Blasts Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by lameda07: 12:11am On Apr 14, 2020
President Donald J Trump just assured Americans of direct cash transfer to targetted citizen who have filed in their tax returns for 2018 and 2019 fiscal year.

Who did we offend in Nigeria?. We pay tax every month and Government of Nigeria and Lagos states have not for once missed this deductions.

Why can't the Government reciprocate through same medium.

Instead, looters are busy sharing relief funds in North East, North West and North central.

Can someone remind these looters that Lagos, Ogun and FCT are the states on lockdown.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by dawnomike(m): 12:15am On Apr 14, 2020
All will be well...
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Commentor: 12:18am On Apr 14, 2020
Only tax payers would receive.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by ORIENTATION101: 12:20am On Apr 14, 2020
lameda07:
President Donald J Trump just assured Americans of direct cash transfer to targetted citizen who have filed in their tax returns for 2018 and 2019 fiscal year.

Who did we offend in Nigeria?. We pay tax every month and Government of Nigeria and Lagos states have not for once missed this deductions.

Why can't the Government reciprocate through same medium.

Instead, looters are busy sharing relief funds in North East, North West and North central.

Can someone remind these looters that Lagos, Ogun and FCT are the states on lockdown.
how many of you paid tax? Tax payers in Nigeria are not up to a million out of over 180 millions Nigerians.
Bubu is just being Generous for dolling out palliatives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Simplyleo: 12:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Is still at the level of assuring? undecided

I thought Trump has paid each American $100k since last week. angry

What I was expecting is how he will pay his Nigerian supporters always chanting and glorifying his name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
how many of you paid tax? Tax payers in Nigeria are not up to a million out of over 180 millions Nigerians.

Na that AUDIO PALLIATIVE you and your family go chop till MAY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by hurryup123(m): 12:31am On Apr 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
[s] Bubu is just being Generous for dolling out palliatives.[/s]
Sarcasm
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Simplyleo: 12:32am On Apr 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
You even get time sef. This kind thread, you need not respond reasonably.

A stupid thread requires stupid comments.

When did Trump give that assurance?

A country like America with a population of over 250 million, how is it possible that just 80 million pay tax?

In the States, almost everything is taxed, including parking space. In UK, you can't just go to the shops, buy a TV set, go home and start watching, you must obtain a licence to use the TV you bought with your own money. Try that in Nigeria and let's see how far you can go.

You will see a price tag in a mall, say £50. At the point of payment, you will end up paying around £52. Additional £2 being the tax. Is that possible in Nigeria?

Budgets of most of these advanced countries are over 60% based on tax. These ones will come here and start making stupid noise as if living is free in those countries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by baralatie(m): 12:40am On Apr 14, 2020
Commentor:

noooooo!
the us has stimulus package directed at all its major parts of its economy that is linked to the less vulnerable.
if you listen to the secretary.
there is a stimulus that is going through the IRS
the is another that is going through the state and local govt system.
there is another one that they are planning for hot workers.
it is a complicated process
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Godwithus20: 1:01am On Apr 14, 2020
how i fit take enter that list abeg

see my account no...0031273233...Unity bank..

Should incase Donald Trump or anybody for white house dey nairaland
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Commentor: 1:12am On Apr 14, 2020
baralatie:

noooooo!
the us has stimulus package directed at all its major parts of its economy that is linked to the less vulnerable.
if you listen to the secretary.
there is a stimulus that is going through the IRS
the is another that is going through the state and local govt system.
there is another one that they are planning for hot workers.
it is a complicated process

IRS means tax.

Undocumented workers would get nada.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by iFukSimplyleo: 1:19am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

You even get time sef. This kind thread, you need not respond reasonably.

A stupid thread requires stupid comments.

When did Trump give that assurance?

A country like America with a population of over 250 million, how is it possible that just 80 million pay tax?

In the States, almost everything is taxed, including parking space. In UK, you can't just go to the shops, buy a TV set, go home and start watching, you must obtain a licence to use the TV you bought with your own money. Try that in Nigeria and let's see how far you can go.

You will see a price tag in a mall, say £50. At the point of payment, you will end up paying around £52. Additional £2 being the tax. Is that possible in Nigeria?

Budgets of most of these advanced countries are over 60% based on tax. These ones will come here and start making stupid noise as if living is free in those countries.
[/s]
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by iFukSimplyleo: 1:19am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
Is still at the level of assuring? undecided

I thought Trump has paid each American $100k since last week. angry

What I was expecting is how he will pay his Nigerian supporters always chanting and glorifying his name.
[/s]
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by lameda07: 1:20am On Apr 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

From your feedback, it is obvious...

Why would cash transfer in Nigeria be more focused to the north when Lagos is the epic centre?
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by baralatie(m): 1:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Commentor:

IRS means tax.

undocumented workers are identified as illegal immigrants which is not covered in the us constitution.
but if you are or have citizenship passport as an america you are covered even though you have tax problems.
for the restaurants ,farm where illegal immigrants are working they are still covered through there employers who claim payments from the stimulus plan.
like I said it is complicated
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Dtribeless: 1:28am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=Simplyleo post=88416912]

Of the 250MM, some are kids so depend on their parents and don't work and don't file taxes; some are retired and no longer work; some have decided not to work and are below the poverty level so don't file taxes. Am I getting close to the 80 million now? The US government does not promise (and pass bills) then not perform. That's what 3rd world governments do.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Dtribeless: 1:35am On Apr 14, 2020
Commentor:

IRS means tax.

Well, why do you care? Most Nigerians in the US are not undocumented. They don't have Green Cards but are documented in some form.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Commentor: 1:41am On Apr 14, 2020
baralatie:

undocumented workers are identified as illegal immigrants which is not covered in the us constitution.
but if you are or have citizenship passport as an america you are covered even though you have tax problems.
for the restaurants ,farm where illegal immigrants are working they are still covered through there employers who claim payments from the stimulus plan.
like I said it is complicated

We are saying the same thing.

Only tax payers would be receiving.

Anybody demanding same in Nigeia must be a taxpayer.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Commentor: 1:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Dtribeless:

Well, why do you care? Most Nigerians in the US are not undocumented. They don't have Green Cards but are documented in some form.

I know at least 3 that are undocumented.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Dtribeless: 1:49am On Apr 14, 2020
Commentor:

But if they work, they probably use someone's documents. There's usually a split on these kind of money. Besides, why do Nigerians care if someone is receiving or not receiving NGN 500k 6000 miles away?
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by baralatie(m): 1:52am On Apr 14, 2020
Commentor:

you are only reading the part that interest you.the USA stimulus package covers everybody living under the geographical location of united states both documented and undocumented
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by iFukSimplyleo: 1:52am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by iFukSimplyleo: 1:52am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by iFukSimplyleo: 2:04am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

IRS means tax.

[/s]
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Don't u dare belittle Nigerians for not paying tax cos they do.
The wheelbarrow pusher u see in the market pay tax, that woman that sells vegetables pay tax, she has vegetable stand and no shop. The girl hawking plantain chips on the street pay tax, not to talk of shop owners and corporate workers.

I wonder what u guys refer to as tax in Nigeria.
Every year FIRS make billions, I guess the money fall from heaven.
U elect a local govt chairman, his first point of call is to organise boys to go tax hunting illegally because that is how they make millions.

In Lagos state alone, remove tax and the state will collapse. No wonder a particular person hold the tax treasury of the state in his pocket.

If u say people in northern Nigeria don't pay tax, I will agree with you( remove corporate workers and factories or industries)

U build a house in Nigeria, u have to settle the state and probably local govt, isn't that form of taxation?

U use POS, u pay tax, for every imported good u purchase u pay tax, should I continue?
Rather blame the politicians u support for not managing the dividends of taxation at all.
As usual, all are embezzled.

U guys talk as if u have all the knowledge regarding how Nigeria is run.
Face your politics and those u defend but never open mouth to say we don't pay tax.

The worst is that after paying tax, u will still contribute money to construct road in your estate, pay for vigilante, build police house and pay monthly due for police to stay there few hours a day, buy transformer, pay nepa to come and do the needful, still pay them to periodically check and service the transformer.
Dig borehole, still somebody is telling me I don't pay tax.

Tell tinubu to stop collecting Lagos tax na.
Is that not how him and osibanjo became cronies of all time?
Is that not part of why he sent osibanjo to aso rock and put his pet in FIRS?

And yet we don't pay tax.
Seems u guys take us for f..ls.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by socialmediaman: 2:20am On Apr 14, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

Based on what data? Millions of Nigerians pay tax. Bank workers, Civil servants, Workers of multinationals, private company workers, many business owners pay tax in Nigeria. Their taxes are deducted before their salaries are paid. Even investors in stocks pay taxes
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by KirkoBlack: 2:26am On Apr 14, 2020
This would never happen in Nigeria... They would definitely loot the money they supposed to disbursed to citizen... Meanwhile, I pay my frocking tax.
Re: 80m Americans To Get Direct Cash Transfer. by iFukSimplyleo: 3:37am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Trump Orders The Arrest Of Black Protesters / Nurse ‘accepts’ $53,000 To Kill U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris / Everything You Need To Know About The Russian-ukranian Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.