Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive (35897 Views)

Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients / COVID-19: Nigerian Students In UK Test Positive For Coronavirus / International Condom Day 2020: 3 In 10 Nigerians Use Condom Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Damson22: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If it's real Corona virus and not the malaria they treating in Naija, they better leave them there.

UK health system is top notch. If they take that flight, then they should be ready to face what comes after.

Nigerian doctors will only prescribe the usual, Antibiotics, pain reliever and blood tonic.

That's the cure for all ailments in Nigeria. Even HIV/AIDS.

Please don't quote me, I am not feeling fine.

That's what we are saying, Am sure if you are one of the politics out there, any slight headache like this, you will move out of the country, leaving our health sector and you will be blaming Nigeria doctors, pls let be guided oo
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by MrPaul2: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2020
Hmm, if I was registered, I will just wait to know my status, once its negative, I done Japa.
Wait oo, you mean they are coming in same flight? Lie lie I jump and pass. I non go again non be force grin
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by LyfeJennings(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2020
LEAVE THEM FOR THERE O
NO CARRY THEM COME HOUSE O
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by rusher14: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2020
PDJT:

-As at last week, the UK had over 300,000 of their citizens scattered all over many continents, excluding people already evacuated and below is what their government said;

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "The government has committed up to £75m to help thousands of British people return home.

"In order to deliver value for money and put on as many flights as possible, anyone returning on a government charter flight will need to contribute towards their ticket based on the length of the journey.

"The amount charged will reflect only a proportion of the overall cost of the charter flight, which is why we have set aside the £75m fund."

People who are unable to afford travel costs and are struggling to get funds might be able to apply for an emergency loan from the government.

-Mind you there are all sorts of ways those UK citizens can get some if not all their money back from the government, e.g Universal credits.

-And they are not charging/scamming their citizens for Covid-19 Test abroad, unlike Nigeria, instead they are focusing on taking them back home safely.

-When you think of how much an average Nigerian political office holder takes home every month, with respect to their counterparts in the UK, it’s a disgrace Nigeria Government seeks to make profits on the back of those Nigerians predicament.

Even after you can see they are being charged, you decided to write an epistle.

At the end, a far wealthier country is charging its citizens for evacuation.

Whatever excuse you wish to bring up is now a figment of your imagination.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Angelfrost(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Just add them to the present number of cases in Nigeria. And that should be 364.

Yeah.... Seeing as our leaders are hungry for more cases.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Angelfrost(m): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If it's real Corona virus and not the malaria they treating in Naija, they better leave them there.

UK health system is top notch. If they take that flight, then they should be ready to face what comes after.

Nigerian doctors will only prescribe the usual, Antibiotics, pain reliever and blood tonic.

Antibiotics, pain reliever, and blood tonic...

Why are you people like this na??! cry cry cry
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by chukwuibuipob: 9:50am On Apr 14, 2020
baaliyah:
ode ati opinion ni baba ti o bi mi.
fixed
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Angelfrost(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2020
GOFRONT:
Before the arrival of Corona, Nigerian govt be boasting: We are ready, we are ready...

Then I ask.......In which area were they ready??

No tool to run a Quarantine successfully
No facility for Isolation
No palliatives to cushion Hard effect of lockdown. Nothing Nothing....

We are ready yen yen yen grin cheesy

Why will they not brag??! Even with an empty treasury, high insecurity, increasing and massive unemployment, depreciated currency, etc, this set of leaders and their sycophants will still have the whole world believe Nigeria is the GIANT OF AFRICA!!! grin

They are always doing great things on paper and in their social media pages, but rarely in reality!!! Mtchewww!!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Angelfrost(m): 10:01am On Apr 14, 2020
deepwater:
They should come back
Let sun beat them well
They will be fine
Na pride no allow the European acknowledge African sun in this period

Those people would rather die painfully than acknowledge Africa has anything good to offer the universe.... grin
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Angelfrost(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Lipscomb:
But why the government can't voluntarily pay for the returnees ticket... is that how its done in other country.

Voluntarily do kini??! Government that claims to have provided palliative and stimulus packages to a quarter of the population whereas most have seen nothing.... Lol... This government can't and won't do a damn thing.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Angelfrost(m): 10:06am On Apr 14, 2020
Kennydoc:

You are better than who? Joker!
Better than the UK yet Buhari has been going for check up in London.
Some of you pseudo-patriots don't realise that the Nigerian healthcare system is a joke.

They know this...

Nigerians just like to brag idiotically... Take a look at this forum, you will be shocked to know most of those claiming posh barely have food to eat this period... Some even live with their parents.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Brightest04(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2020
You're not feeling fine you say? A beg quickly go for checkup ooo...All my love
CoronaVirusPro:

Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by sweetjohn(m): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2020
LORDofODDS:
Am not here to drag words with you but what I want you to know is that it's better for them to remain there in the UK with a good health care system rather than bringing them back to Nigeria endangering others.

I hope you knew what happened to Italy and USA, trying to evacuate it citizens out of China, now they are the biggest hit in the world. So it's beta we manage the case we have at hand. Peace
And the Americans and Italians never stop evacuating their citizens despite the hit. It's all about love and respect for life of your citizens. The American military can risk the life of 10 solders just to save one of her citizens. That's has been their prectice since time immemorial
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:22am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

but you spoke the truth
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2020
Kennydoc:
cry

What do you mean by the statement in bold? Buhari spent nearly 6 months of his first tenure receiving medical treatment in the UK. When did Cuba come into the question?

So the fact that you currently have a lower infection rate than the UK means that Nigeria has a better healthcare system? Are you for real? Do you know that up till 2 months ago, China had the highest number of COVID-19 cases while the US had just a few. Today, China is 7th and the US has over half a million cases.
UK currently does about 20k tests per day and was hoping to step it up to 100k per day by month end, though it won't be possible again. How many tests has Nigeria done altogether?

Which facts are you asking me to check? Saying the truth about Nigeria, is that what you call denigrating? Even the best teaching hospital in Nigeria cannot measure up to any general hospital in the UK, yet you don't realise Nigerian health care system is a joke?

our hospitals are the worst eh? but you re still alive even though convid has been ravaging the nation, show pictures of streets littered with corpses in Nigeria.

Your health in nigeria has been managed by who? UK hospitals?
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 14, 2020
OTayobami:

It was because the UK and Italy were the second places that the pandemic broke out immediately after China you knob! Think Fanny! Think!
Don't worry you'll come back in the next one month to modify these quotes of yours

its you that needs to think, I am not afraid of a phoney virus, or panick stricken commentators.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by meekparagon(m): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Someone should please assist me with transport to hospital today, am having serious chest pain right now, I stay at igando and am going to doren hospital at Ajah for chest X ray. Please help a brother. Am handyman, two weeks no jobs, death calling some people now.

Gtbank 0241857361

God bless you all abundantly
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Kubernetes: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2020
vulpeslopez:
stop smoking that thing u are smoking....we are not better than UK in any aspect except u want to count corruption and bad leadership....Nigeria is a shithole....arque with ur keypad.

But truth be told,I never knew America with all it's mights and bullish attitude will one be begging India to send her drugs.No nation is an island.The fact that western nations are doing well doesn't mean that they are perfect.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 14, 2020
They should build Isolation camp for them somewhere around The airport. All of them, whether you test positive or not untill after all The madness is over.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by lastempero: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2020
Egungun really enter express.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by lastempero: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

Antibiotics, pain reliever, and blood tonic...

Why are you people like this na??! cry cry cry

B4 u think say e get another magic wey our doctors dey perform. Make i add God's grace too.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by tbaba1234: 11:50am On Apr 14, 2020
Lipscomb:
But why the government can't voluntarily pay for the returnees ticket... is that how its done in other country.

Yes, US returnees paid for their tickets.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by lucianohase(m): 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Let them stay there! What are they coming to do?
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by tunjijones(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lipscomb:

US and isreali citizens that were evacuated recently paid for their flight ticket.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by PDJT: 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
rusher14:

Even after you can see they are being charged, you decided to write an epistle.

At the end, a far wealthier country is charging its citizens for evacuation.

Whatever excuse you wish to bring up is now a figment of your imagination.
[/s]

-I think say you get talk. Treat your citizens however you wish and get cold repercussion from them in due time. Enjoy.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Kennydoc(m): 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
quentin06:

our hospitals are the worst eh? but you re still alive even though convid has been ravaging the nation, show pictures of streets littered with corpses in Nigeria.

Your health in nigeria has been managed by who? UK hospitals?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I NEVER said Nigerian hospitals are the worst. I never also implied that Nigerian streets are littered with corpses. Learn to argue intelligently without putting words in people's mouths.
I said the healthcare system of Nigeria is a joke, and Nigerian hospitals are not at par with their UK counterparts. You wouldn't debate this if you had any clue as to how things are on both sides.

It's COVID not CONVID.

The fact that the disease has been ravaging some nations doesn't mean everybody has died. The US for example has nearly 600k cases so far and over 23k deaths from a population of well over 300 million. That's to show that it doesn't kill everybody. I have friends and colleagues who earlier tested positive and had some symptoms but they are totally fine now. Some people don't even develop any symptoms.
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by hodari: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
purpinkx:

Please, to whoever is reading this follow this link to see the number of cases in Canada

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

Lol, funny boy! Now, read my comment again ... Slowly!
Don't mind the idiot.

Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by Onitola2: 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
gretblue:

No matter the situation, you can't deny your citizens from entry their countries. What the govt will do as soon as they return , is to have a test for them and put them in isolation.
is that not what they're doing?
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by googi: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
One thing is clear from this discussion. Kokorovirus has opened the eyes of Africans that all that glitters is not gold. Branding is not reality.

The reason 70% of Africans make up the number of deaths is because their health system is not made to take care of blacks. Stop glorifying it because you got token treatment or beat the odds created against you.

Umaru Dikko once told us that If we think Nigeria is bad, we should go to America where people pick and search for food in people's garbages.

It came to pass in Nigeria.

We had a relatively good healthcare system, at least in the South. Prof. Olikoye Kuti mobilized Basic Health Services into Primary Healthcare. He and Dr. Lambo were vilified for promoting Voodoo health care because they emphasized local research and Community Health Officers trained all over the Country.

Think about it, Ebola was defeated in Nigeria, not by the best health system in the best Hospitals in Europe and America but by residual training from old school of Nigerian doctors, nurses and grassroots vigilance. Imagine?

This is what is going to defeat korunavirus before it wipes us out. Stop your complacency or self denigration. Nigerians, if you cannot help yourselves, who is going to help you?
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by pedrilo: 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
No sentiments at all.
Let them remain there.
We don't want to risk having our situation go out of control.
Stay ur abroad abeg
Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by omoharry(f): 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

You are unbelievable.At least give credit to our medical team that are putting their lives on the line to treat infected people and to ensure they are well and discharged back to their families and society .
If the advance nation that u so much adore and worship are so perfect, then how come they have recorded thousand of death per week ?? .
You will never appreciate the country that u have .Though Nigeria is a ghost of itself and seem to be a hell hole for her citizen but it is still thesame country we run to when we are attacked and and discriminated against by the outside world.
Wait and see how other nations of the world will treat u like the very scum of the earth , kill and hide ur kind in their hundred and thousand , use u for experiment if they so wish becos u have no country to identify with.while the world looks on and focus on important issue that will be of benefit to them.
Pls pack ur load to American,Spain ,UK,Italy etc and let us be .
Pls we know our leaders have failed us (though we are guilty for the kind of leaders we have since we put them there becos of the way we reason ) but do not rubbish the work of our medical heros (especially the good ones) that are out there trying to treat infected people and ensuring the virus is contained so that life can return to normal.
To all our medical heroes here,I say thank you and weldone.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 10 Nigerians Awaiting Evacuation From UK Test Positive by rusher14: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-[s]I think say you get talk. Treat your citizens however you wish and get cold repercussion from them in due time. Enjoy.
[/s]
Go siddon.

Everything is an opportunity to wail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uganda Army Condom For Soldiers (Photos) / 5 Reason Why Bitter Leaf Is Good For You / Is It Safe For Drinking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.