Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? (3682 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by Vicjustice: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by KissIkebe(f): 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2011
Armed robbers attacking aeroplane and making away with luggages? That's a shame
Lol, listen to the grammar of the army leutenant embarassed
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by tunnytox(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2011
This shows how easy it is for enemies to attack Nigeria whilst our politicians are busy sharing their loot, chei what a shame! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by reindeer: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2011
This would have been purely hilarious if it wasn't so shameful.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by snowdrops(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
I wonder when the video was made.

Another national embarrassment. Probably this is the only way to get the heartless leaders to act. By washing dirty linen in public.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by OvieE: 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2011
Though Nigerian airports are still at worst, this is an old video. There are two US airlines that presently flying to Nigeria and the third one is set to fly to Nigeria November of 2011. Anyways, it very embarrassing in a country that tenth that produce oil in the world.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by hackney(m): 1:18am On Jan 05, 2011
The country is a real caricature.
The leaders dey one side no care, i dey this side dey laff.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by Dantecmu(m): 3:55am On Jan 05, 2011
@ Vic the year is too early bur this is the funniest video i have seen in ma life jeeeeez dey dont even have mobile phonesss
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by KissIkebe(f): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
snowdrops:

I wonder when the video was made.

Another national embarrassment. Probably this is the only way to get the heartless leaders to act. By washing dirty linen in public.
OvieE:

Though Nigerian airports are still at worst, this is an old video. There are two US airlines that presently flying to Nigeria and the third one is set to fly to Nigeria November of 2011. Anyways, it very embarrassing in a country that tenth that produce oil in the world.
No, that video is not old, i just made a research and found out that the incident happened sometime last year within September and December, so, it's pretty new
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by OvieE: 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kiss_Ikebe:

No, that video is not old, i just made a research and found out that the incident happened sometime last year within September and December, so, it's pretty new

Do you know why I said this is an old video, listen to .59 just before 1 minute mark. The lady said that US have baned all their airline for flying to Nigeria. Delta Airlines have been going to Nigeria almost or more than three years now. United Airlines just started late last year going to Nigeria and Continental is set to go to Nigeria November of this year. I do not support the state of the airport but this is an old video. If you say five years ago, I might support you on that but since 2007, Delta Airlines have been coming to Nigeria. So my dear, look before you say unless you do not know the kind of airlines that apply Nigeria routes.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by KissIkebe(f): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
OvieE:

Do you know why I said this is an old video, listen to .59 just before 1 minute mark. The lady said that US have baned all their airline for flying to Nigeria. Delta Airlines have been going to Nigeria almost or more than three years now. United Airlines just started late last year going to Nigeria and Continental is set to go to Nigeria November of this year. I do not support the state of the airport but this is an old video. If you say five years ago, I might support you on that but since 2007, Delta Airlines have been coming to Nigeria. So my dear, look before you say unless you do not know the kind of airlines that apply Nigeria routes.
Don't get it wrong, even if you see an American plane landing in Lagos airport, that doesn't mean that the plane flew in direct from the States, the narator did not say that American planes do not fly to lagos, she said the US has banned all direct flight to Lagos, which mean, every flight must first transit in Europe before proceeding to Lagos; AND THIS REMAINS THE CURRENT SITUATION.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by OvieE: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Kiss_Ikebe:

Don't get it wrong, even if you see an American plane landing in Lagos airport, that doesn't mean that the plane flew in direct from the States, the narrator did not say that American planes do not fly to Lagos, she said the US has banned all direct flight to Lagos, which mean, every flight must first transit in Europe before proceeding to Lagos; AND THIS REMAINS THE CURRENT SITUATION.

I think your states of mind is low and confused. There is no any airlines that belongs to America transit first in Europe before coming to Lagos. Its good to know that you do not live in US and that you have never fly any of Americans airlines. Delta Airlines direct flight from Atlanta, Georgia, USA to Lagos. United Airlines direct flight from Washington. D.C. Maryland to Lagos and Delta Airlines from New York City, New York, USA to Abuja. Continental Airlines will fly from Houston, Texas, USA to Lagos starting in November 11. None of this airline do not transit in Europe. I have used Delta late 2008, direct fight from America. Just go to their website and pretend like you want to book a flight. The airline of your choice will show you your flight information. Then you come back and tell us if any Americans airlines transit in Europe. For example, when I was coming to Nigeria two years ago, I flew Delta from NYC and transit at Atlanta; Delta Airlines main base and from there straight to Lagos. My friend, please, you can educate those who didn't go to school and do not know anything about fly thing. But don't try that with me. I fly to Nigeria every two years and know more than you. Just go to different airline websit and see where they transit before coming here. People are not dumb as you think. By the way, this video was posted in youtube in December 2010 doesn't mean it was usually made on that month too. The background and sound looks old.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by iseg007(m): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2011
@OvieE Kiss_Ikebe is saying rubbish, yes MMIA is in a terrible state but that video is old, there has been a small improvement (at least the AC is working grin grin grin).

Beside the world has realised the Lagos and Abuja route is very profitable, the amount of money been made is crazy WHY? because Nigerians will always travel.

@ the video, the production is so poor even the commentator sounds very bush, besides Nigeria media house are producing better do cumentries than that crap,

with 1 billion naija FAAN can build a new MMIA terminal 2 and that will even expand the number of airlines coming to Nigeria and then put us on a top spot in Africa. We can do it, is just that those thieves will keep sharing the money, Do you know how much FAAN claims it spends to maintain MMIA, hundreds of millions of naira and still no difference,

May god guide us , AMEN
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by VOR(m): 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2011
Vicjustice,

I think you are either being mischievous or you are simply ignorant.
This video is at least 15 YEARS OLD embarassed embarassed angry angry

It was first screened in the UK then.

Having said that,without doubt the MMA is now in desperate need of
a serious upgrade. It is no longer fit for purpose and totally inadequate
for international flights.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by iseg007(m): 11:12am On Jan 07, 2011
@ vor well said
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by moonraker(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
Photo of mma i took on 1st jan 2011

Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by moonraker(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2011
another one

Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by iseg007(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2011
Everything in that Airport is old and an airport should be upgraded every 15 years (renovated) but MMIA has been there since 1978, 33 years old AS INNNN Nigeria, Yyyyy , The traffic of people moving in and out is crazy, I just dont understand, the funny thing is MMIA is making serious money, not even in naira but in $$$n and £££, anyways, me i don lose hope, na just some bastards dey chop our money

The way forward for MMIA is FAAN to build a ~New Terminal build and move flights there, reducing the traffic on MMIA.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by JeSoul(f): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
iseg007:

yes MMIA is in a terrible state but that video is old, there has been a small improvement (at least the AC is working grin grin grin).
ROTFLOL  grin  grin that's just wrong dude lol.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by Vicjustice: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2011
VOR:

Vicjustice,

I think you are either being mischievous or you are simply ignorant.
This video is at least 15 YEARS OLD embarassed embarassed angry angry

It was first screened in the UK then.

Having said that,without doubt the MMA is now in desperate need of
a serious upgrade. It is no longer fit for purpose and totally inadequate
for international flights.
By no way could that video be 15 years old because, if you watch carefully, you'd observe that the Army Lieutenant was talking to his junior staff about mobile phone, and we know that back then in 1995, no body was talking about that, so, the video must have been made inside this millennium
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by OvieE: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
Vicjustice:

By no way could that video be 15 years old because, if you watch carefully, you'd observe that the Army Lieutenant was talking to his junior staff about mobile phone, and we know that back then in 1995, no body was talking about that, so, the video must have been made inside this millennium

So you base your conclusion on the mobile phone and that is why you said this video was made recently. My friend, you are more delusional and dummer than I thought. Child will tell you this is an old video.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by iseg007(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
Vicjustice:

My friend are you smoking lipton tea , the officer mention RADIO, not phone, meaning a walkie talkie, so as to communicate with their base command,
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by VOR(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2011
Right I have been doing a bit of research into this programme.

It was filmed in Lagos during the era of Sanni Abacha, that would have been
sometime in 1998 and screened by Channel 4 on British TV in 1999.
So not as far back as I first claimed but certainly it is not a recent documentary.

Do a google search if you don't believe me, in fact the documentary has previously
been discussed on this board in another thread.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by snowdrops(m): 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2011
You guys should back off Vicjustice. Attack the message and not the messenger. Fact remains, irrespective of when the video was made that the whole clip is an embarrassment. The airport continues to be deficient despite the huge investments [at least on paper] over the years.

We should be careful not to derail the board.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by Vicjustice: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2011
OvieE:
So you base your conclusion on the mobile phone and that is why you said this video was made recently. My friend, you are more delusional and dummer than I thought. Child will tell you this is an old video.
iseg007:

My friend are you smoking lipton tea , the officer mention RADIO, not phone, meaning a walkie talkie, so as to communicate with their base command,
   Ovie and Iseg, where did you crawl out from and what do you really know about me that guided your impressions?
   Did my posts refer to you in any way, shape or form? So, how come you have the courage to vomit your insults at me?
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by iseg007(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2011
I apologise for the insults but sumtimes the posts i see on NL gets to me, anyways we have different views regarding the video, you say 5 years, i say it is way older,
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by Vicjustice: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2011
iseg007:

I apologise for the insults but sumtimes the posts i see on NL gets to me, anyways we have different views regarding the video, you say 5 years, i say it is way older,
I never stated 5 years, i said the video must have been made inside the millennium.
Anyway, apology accepted.
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by armyofone(m): 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2011
that airport should be closed down. not fit for service at all.
terrible terrible terrible airport embarassed
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by earthrealm(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2011
we delude ourselves by saying dat we r a 3rd world country, we aint
we r somehwere below 20th,
angry
clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by iseg007(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2011
earthrealm:

we delude ourselves by saying dat we r a 3rd world country, we aint
we r somehwere below 20th,
angry
clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LWKMD, cool down at you should be happy the AC is always working now
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by earthrealm(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2011
bull cr,ap!!,
the a/c  aint working, unless u r mistaking the harmattan breeze  4  a/c
i passed tru there on the 5th, the escalator  wasnt working, some of the hallways linking the departure n arrival lounge  were in total darkness!!,

then some clowns  at the arrival lounge charge u $1  to use the trolley,
then the toilets, no tissue paper,  most peeps hv 2 resort to using water to wash their bleep,ing nyash!!, lmao

in an international airport  of the 10th largest oil producer in the  world??!!, abegi,

sometimes  i just wanna nuke  this country,  or more precisely, those  clowns  at the hill, disguising under the name of nass
Re: M.M. International Airport, Can't Nigeria Do Better? by Vicjustice: 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Location Of Ministry Of Education / Canada Work Permit Visa Six Month Above enquiries / Gotten A New Job In Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.