Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,924 members, 7,821,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Covid-19: Chapter Hunger, From Verse Anarchy To Fear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19: Chapter Hunger, From Verse Anarchy To Fear (200 Views)

65 CSOs Pull Out Of NLC, TUC Planned Strike To Avoid Anarchy / 2023: Christians Have Nothing To Fear About APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Chapter Hunger, From Verse Anarchy To Fear by ogostus(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2020
COVID-19: CHAPTER HUNGER, FROM VERSE ANARCHY TO FEAR

Under 14 days of lockdown, Awawa boys want to finish people with broad daylight robbery, armed to the teeth with "odi eshi".

If you reside around Agege, Iyana-Ipaja, Egbeda axis in Lagos, you would uderstand better.

Yesterday, Easter Monday, was hell over here at Egbeda. People are now spending sleepless nights as emergency vigilantes to guard their streets.

Daylight robbery with morale!

Now, another 14 days without adequate palliatives for citizens!

The thread-bare Government Commander in place has proudly announced that a total of 3.6 million households would be getting relief packages.

Statisticians, please where is this percentage found within about 200 million mouths in this here confluence nicknamed a country?

Oh, I forgot...they are the "vulnerables", the "poorest of the poor"!

How these groups are determined, the criterion, still eludes me.

From what database? Is there any database for all citizens of the country? None that I am aware of.

What happens to the millions of salaried workers, some of whom might lose the whole of April at home?

What happens to the millions who depend on daily hustle for their daily income?

What happened to all the billions donated?

What happened to all the billions and trillions from which our renowned "poly-thief-ians", especially the "sin-hate-hawks" have been milking us dry to buy the latest rides in town?

Does it mean that the government have eyes but cannot see what the rest of the world are doing for their citizens in order to avert hunger among all citizens?

No, their eyes do not see those kinds of things; they only see the latest cars in the factories even before they are made.

More hungry mouths under an additional 14-day lockdown....

More crimes looming....

As much as I am not in support of those resorting to anarchy and crimes for survival, I do not entirely blame them either, and I know you would not either, if you have ever tasted hard times and naked hunger.

I have.

Sighs....

O God, if you are still hanging in there, we are in your hands in this leaderless mistake of a country!

More than ever, our destinies are in our hands.

Do all you can to stay alive and safe in these trying times; that's all you owe yourself for now because no fucking government cares about you in this zoo called a country.

E mesia, O ga-adi mma. (It shall be well in due course.)

Ka E mesia!

#therewasacountry.
#wearesurvivors
#staysafe

© Ọgọnnaya Uche
Re: Covid-19: Chapter Hunger, From Verse Anarchy To Fear by ogostus(m): 9:14am On Apr 14, 2020
MODs Pls move to front page. Tainku!
Re: Covid-19: Chapter Hunger, From Verse Anarchy To Fear by Citytrend: 9:15am On Apr 14, 2020
Hnmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu's N50m Donation? / Corona Virus - Why's The Whole World Suffering Because Of China? Prezidentphilly / COVID-19: Osun Extends Lockdown By Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.