Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners (15642 Views)

Reps Halt Take Off Of 774,000 Special Works Programme Jobs / Lawmaker Throws Microphone At Keyamo During 774,000 Jobs Rowdy Committee Meeting / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by augustine128: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2020
Wonderful initiative... Kudos to Mr president but i just hope they don't politicized the recruitment process!
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Aylive2019: 7:19am On Apr 15, 2020
What a nonsense. When are we going to tell ourselves the truth in this nation. My fellow youths after going to school and aquire dregee. What our leaders can offer us is to be a street cleaners. cry the youths take the highest percentage of the population of this country. If there's a vacancy in CBN,NNPC,INEC,e.t.c. they will call their children and relatives for the job. my fellow youths this I an opener to us. That our leaders don't have any plans for us. If I may advise the time has come for us to improve ourselves and forget about our leaders.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Aylive2019: 7:22am On Apr 15, 2020
What a nonsense. When are we going to tell ourselves the truth in this nation. My fellow youths after going to school and aquire dregee. What our leaders can offer us is to be a street cleaners. cry the youths take the highest percentage of the population of this country. If there's a vacancy in CBN,NNPC,INEC,e.t.c. they will call their children and relatives for the job. my fellow youths this is an eyes opener to us. That our leaders don't have any plans for us. If I may advise the time has come for us to improve ourselves and forget about our leaders.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2020
sisisioge:

Bless your kind heart...well done "papi" grin.

Lol cheesy.
Na wa for u sef Uncle Oge! tongue
Okay papi too, thank you! cheesy
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by mankan2k7(m): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2020
This govt is so heartless, wasteful and clueless.

Just three months and the whole of 60billions naira is gone.
what will happen if that money is judiciously spend to improve the health sectors across the country which will last like forever.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by wowo2: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Good grief, this Ogbeni Aregbesola should be shipped off to China and must never return. His ideas are so Mao-ist. They are never suitable for a country of individuals aspiring for help to become self sustaining or gainfully employed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by ajl: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2020
yerokunphilips:
Our youths should be calm, believing that the President’ s order on the recruitment will be obeyed as soon as the lockdown over COVID -19 is over, ” he said .
Who do we offend in this country to deserve this kind of leaders ? So street sweepers for just three months is what the youth deserve . So what will happen to them after three months. Can anyone in government wish this kind of employment for his or her child ? GOD PLEASE DELIVER US FROM THIS IRRESPONSIBLE ,IRRESPONSIVE AND HEARTLESS GOVERNMENT

Just an opportunity for politicians to make money from the scam.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by ajl: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2020
emirateprince:
grin
This old f00ls ruling us they think we are heavy duty Mumu ? undecided

Of course, you are mumu now. It's a mumu that if pushed to the wall will find way to enter inside wall rather than fighting back.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by cray91(m): 8:00am On Apr 15, 2020
Haha. Abi na

Burnt Offering indeed!

Bunch of Visionless Idiots Doing shits Donations For Their Personal gain and Interest with Federal government
GIDIBANKZ:
Now i Present to You------- Congratulations to those that donated to Federal Government, I want to announce to you that your burnt offerings have reach heaven as the Accountant General has now officially become your Chief Pries
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by deolu2000(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2020
Each state has their own highway managers that does these cleaning jobs, and there is no market in Lagos which doesn't have assigned cleaners by the market leaders , so what part of the state are these Ad hoc cleaners suppose to clean? May God help us in this country because these policies are not only absurd but defies reasoning.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Gazcon: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2020
Interesting

Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Agberooo: 8:11am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
post=88458129:

Lol cheesy.
Na wa for u sef Sisi Oge.
Okay papi too, thank you! cheesy
[/s]
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Omoejigbahe(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2020
Clean untarred street, markets n drainage for 3months and then they are laid off. Please let us pray for common sense for these leaders, how this made sense to them is a mystery. Radarada
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-delaying-recruitment-of-774000-street-cleaners-aregbesola/

looking at 2015 election manifesto APC PROMISED JOBS STUPID NIGERIANS DID NOT ASK WHAT TYPE OF JOBS

ANSWER COULD HAVE BEEN STREET CLEANING ?

LET ME KNOW WEN OGA MINISTER KID IS AMONG THE LIST
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by SmartyPants(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2020
isunday:
Street cleaners for 3 months after which they go back to unemployment mode.
While not employ them permanently

Have you tried to work out the cost of paying 700,000 people 30k a month?
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Slimranky(m): 9:34am On Apr 15, 2020
Guy's I know that the lockdown is affecting everything, everyone in the country including job opportunities both federal, state and private
But has anyone gotten any info or update from
Nigerian immigration service recruitment online enrollment that just ended few days ago
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by SmartyPants(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2020
So they are to be hired because of the pandemic, but cannot get to work until the pandemic dies out.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Glink2018(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2020
isunday:
Street cleaners for 3 months after which they go back to unemployment mode.
While not employ them permanently

Nah you go pay them? Don't you know Nigeria is broke.....if this covid 19 wahala go, then you will know what we will face again. Naija is broke
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2020
What d Fu*ck is Ogbe R... talking for goodness sake.... if this dude is serious... jump all this protocols employe them they are needed even now than ever... make sure they have PPE and all.

Them curse una... even with the grant from EU*...

Sinzu and Spending... which kan.... spirit they operate for there... Even with Covid 19 You cant act...!!
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Dashuwar123: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Is that one employment?? . Nigerian leaders lack sense.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Mryacks: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
A lot of things are been hindered by the covid 19 wahala...we pray it ends soon.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by Razram: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Another way to recruit forced voters ahead of 2023. Haba Nigerians should rather not accept this. This is shit of the highest order, cleaners. Now i inderstand, this regime assume nigerians are chickens, when u fail to feed them for a long time. They u come back to give them small grains they wont have choice than go run towards u for more and u can then give conditions. My fellow nigerians we say no to 774000 sweepers now. Please raise the volume.
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by panpan(m): 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
The initiative will be funded from the N 60bn COVID-19 Intervention Fund and will last from October to December 2020 , according to the Minister of Finance , Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed.
774,000 (workers) x 3 (months) x N30,000 = N69.66 billion

N60 billion is not enough to fund this initiative.

There have been allegations that "these 1,000 people employed in each local government, will be trained to administer the 'coronavirus vaccine' on innocent Nigerians". This is probably why the federal government has changed its statement from recruitment of "health workers" to recruitment of "workers to engage in sweeping of streets, markets and clearing of gutters".

Sweeping of streets, markets and clearing of gutters is supposed to be a state or local government affair.
Why has the federal government planned the initiative for October to December 2020?
There is something that the federal government is not telling us.

Could these allegations of a planned nationwide vaccination be true?
Re: Aregbesola: COVID-19 Delaying Recruitment Of 774,000 Street Cleaners by PropertyBuying(f): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Rich4god:
I don't understand street cleaners... I thought they were supposed to be health workers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Merges NCAA Directorates, Sacks Directors / IPOB To Start Enforcing Ban On Cow Meat, Open Grazing April 27th / "Nigeria’s Past Leaders Have No Right To Talk" - Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.