Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons (14354 Views)

Governor Oyetola Orders Osun LG Chairmen, Councilors To Vacate Office / Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Oyetola Orders Lockdown In 4 LGAs In Osun From Tuesday, July 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by West1side: 2:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Gov. Gboyega Oyetola of Osun has ordered the immediate payment of stipends due to 25,907 vulnerable persons in the state.

The stipends were part of palliative measures to cushion the impact of the state-wide lockdown to contain the spread of the coronavirus in the state.

Mr. Lawal Olayemi, the Commissioner for Youths and Sports in the state, disclosed this on Tuesday in Ile-Ife during the distribution of debit cards to beneficiaries of the stipends.

Olayemi said the governor also directed the immediate distribution of debit cards linked to the accounts of the beneficiaries to ensure transparency, accountability, and a seamless process.

The commissioner, who described the scheme as one of the best social intervention programmes in the country, said N20,000 had been approved by the governor for 15, 289 people living with disabilities captured under the Special Grant Transfer (SGT) scheme.

He added that approval had also been given for the immediate payment of N7,500 stipend to 10,618 beneficiaries who were vulnerable youths captured under the Public Workfare (PWF) programme.

The commissioner, who maintained that the administration in the state was committed to the people’s welfare, noted that the gesture would go a long way in transforming the lives of the beneficiaries.

Olayemi, however, said that the disbursement of the funds under the SGT and PWF, was different from the Federal Government’s Conditional Cash Transfer recently launched by the governor.

He added that the governor had also ordered the immediate release of the monthly and quarterly stipends to the beneficiaries as part of efforts to alleviate the effects of hardship that the people were going through due to the lockdown.

According to him, the gesture will go a long way to promote the general well-being of the beneficiaries.

Oyetola signs Osun Emergency Prevention Regulations. He said the scheme, which started in July 2019, was a partnership between the Osun government and the World Bank.

“This is a collaboration between the state government and the World Bank designed to alleviate poverty, hunger and unemployment among the people in the state.

“We commenced the exercise in line with the governor’s directive to ensure that every beneficiary under the scheme gets paid,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Oyetola on March 29 announced a total lock-down of the state effective from midnight of March 31 to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
https://www.independent.ng/lockdown-oyetola-orders-payment-of-stipends-to-25907-vulnerable-persons-in-osun/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by godkiller(m): 3:28am On Apr 15, 2020
Almost everyone is vulnerable.

I want a team of volunteers who would teach Nigerian youths solar panel production. We need to start a revolution.

Drop your whatsapp number and location.

18 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Bola146(f): 4:46am On Apr 15, 2020
This is good news
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Johnnyessence(m): 5:44am On Apr 15, 2020
Which stipend again? Gomina alaperin never disappoint oo. Radarada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Saintimes: 6:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by domino4211(m): 6:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Enig Bokan Akin..
You sent me money yesterday without knowing who I am cos I posted I was hungry on this platform.
I almost deleted the post cos of the bashing I was getting,thank God I didnt.
The money may be little to you,but you touched somebody's life yesterday without knowing the magnitude of your generosity..
Sir,God will continue to bless you and your family wherever you go.
Thank you so much..
Please send me a DM if you can,I'll like to thank you in person..
Indeed there are good people in Nigeria..
I'll keep posting this till you see it and email me..

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Nice one from the Governor.

Anything to put less burden on the citizens of every state in our darling nation is all we are after.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by MeekAssassin: 6:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Osun not odun

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Alajiki(m): 6:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Odun or Osun? Correct it OP.
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Jestin: 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Hope it was not contracted to any firm to loot the funds. Nice one Mr Governor.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Abdelux223: 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Which one be odun governor again now grin

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by virginboy1(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Vulnerable ke? Where is the data to detect who is vulnerable or not. undecided

Moreover I just hope it's not another Audio stipend... grin

Because anything APC na scam undecided

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by kittykollinxx(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Everyone is vulnerable please

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by donpapa(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Sultty(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2020
These governors should have sense and stop with these audio lies

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by emirateprince: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Osun turn odun

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Agberooo: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
post=88457213:
Nice one
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by 4ckyou: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Lol
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by west21: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Things will happen when this is all over
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Dukeolumidemans(m): 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
That dead meat seller is here again. I can smell him somewhere above.... grin grin grin tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Johnnyessence:
Which stipend again? Gomina alaperin never disappoint oo. Radarada
Sultty:
These governors should have sense and stop with these audio lies
We dey come.....

Okay, We don come, oya make una take am gently and make we no hear any pheeeennnnn.......or else...... u go collect the 2nd image sharp sharp..... tongue..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by obicoolnino: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2020
I'm quite sure that number exceeds the number of vulnerable people in the state, but at least it's a good start in helping the people.
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Nice 1
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by lepashandie(f): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2020
audio stipend

undecided

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Rapmoney(m): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Odun State!!!
And I've never visited it?

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by nepapole(m): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Yen yen yen
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Jerrick(m): 6:40am On Apr 15, 2020
Odun=Sweet in Yoruba
Sweet Governor grin
Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Agberooo: 6:41am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
post=88457211:
Moderator kindly edit ODUN STATE to OSUN STATE please.
And kindly delete this post after that.
Thank you!
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by BeerParlour: 6:43am On Apr 15, 2020
Ogun or Osun

Which one is Odun?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyetola Orders Payment Of Stipends To 25,907 Vulnerable Persons by Kay25(m): 6:43am On Apr 15, 2020
Can someone tell op to edit some headlines before posting or is he just too lazy to that..It is osun not odun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Foiled Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize IPOB/ESN Kidnapper / PDP Asks INEC To Disqualify Tinubu Over "Involvement In Heroin Trafficking" / Ahmad Lawan's Mother, Hajiya Halima Ibrahim, Dies At 86

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.